Veritas Backup Exec 21.4 Build 1200.2536
Veritas Backup Exec (formerly Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery) combines the speed and reliability of disk-based, bare-metal Windows system recovery with revolutionary technologies for hardware-independent restoration and lights-out operation. The result is unparalleled freedom to restore systems anytime, from anywhere, to virtually any device.
Veritas Backup Exec is the gold standard in complete Windows system recovery. It has the ability to restore systems in minutes, even to dissimilar hardware or virtual environments.
Veritas Backup Exec Features:
- Protection against Ransomware with a secure console
- Integration with Azure Site Recovery for Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS)
- Seamlessly scale Backup Exec to the cloud
- Broadest range of certified integrated cloud connectors, including AWS S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform Storage
- Simplified licensing options for financial ease
With disk-based Veritas Backup Exec System Recovery, organizations can recover from system loss or disasters in minutes, even to dissimilar hardware, virtual environments or in remote, unattended locations.
The benefits of choosing Veritas Backup Exec:
- Ransomware Resilience. Don’t pay the ransom by protecting your backups and backup server from external attacks
- Protect all your data, not just some of it. Veritas protects more petabytes of data than Veeam and our other top 3 competitors combined
- Backup for the modern business. Modernized data protection enables you to keep pace and respond to the growing demands of digital transformation.
- The faster, the better. It’s one thing to backup your data, it’s another thing to restore it quickly. Backup Exec is 80% faster than competitors
- GDPR enhancements. Save money and stay in compliance under General Data Protection Regulation
Veritas Backup Exec Desktop Edition is a simple, cost-effective backup and recovery solution for small businesses that helps minimize downtime and avoid disaster by easily recovering individual data files/folders or complete Windows desktops or laptops in minutes – not hours or days – even to different hardware, virtual environments, or remote locations.
Cloud Data Protection
- Deployable marketplace templates for both AWS and Azure – Microsoft Preferred solution for Azure
- Certified cloud connectors for all major cloud vendors
- Support for all AWS cloud storage tiers
- Optimize storage costs and bandwidth with in-line deduplication
- Save time and resources with easy deployment
- Instant Cloud Recovery integrates with Azure Site Recovery to provide a DRaaS with near-zero RPO and RTO
- Instant recovery of all VMs
- Automated disaster recovery testing of VM backups
- Minimize downtime and disruption using integrated bare-metal disaster recovery, physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P) recovery
This Veritas software includes flexible offsite protection that enables administrators to automatically copy recovery points to a remote server using FTP or to an external hard drive or network share. A new Granular Restore Option enables organizations to recover Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, folders, messages, and attachments; individual Microsoft SharePoint documents; and individual files or folders in minutes from a single, multi-tab interface.
Virtual Workload Protection
- Forever incremental VM backups with Backup Exec Accelerator
- Protect all virtual environments
- Extended hyperconverged environment support
- Automated discovery and protection of new VMs
- Instant recovery of VMs
Security and Compliance
- Ransomware Resilience protects your backup data from external attacks
- Ensure your data is compliant in every location
- Ensure your data is compliant with GDPR Guard
- Store credit card transaction data securely
- Integrated reporting of your entire data ecosystem via Veritas Usage Insights
- Protect SaaS workloads and applications including Office 365, Google Cloud G Suite, and Salesforce with SaaS Backup
- Instant Cloud Recovery integration with Azure Site Recovery for cloud-based disaster recovery
What’s New in Veritas Backup Exec 21.4:
- Support for WORM (Write Once, Read Many) Immutable Storage – Users of Backup Exec can now create WORM enabled backup sets for the following technologies.
- DataDomain OpenStorage Technology (OST) Object Lock
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 Object Lock
- VMware Asynchronous Read Performance Improvements – The Backup Exec Agent for VMware users will now benefit from significant backup job performance improvements for virtual machines.
- Backup to Deduplication Storage Performance Improvements – Backup Exec users now receive improvements in mount time of media during backup to the deduplication storage folder.
- Support for New Cloud Storage Regions – Backup Exec users benefit from cloud storage choices through support for the following cloud storage regions, enabling greater flexibility and economy.
- Google –
- Azure –
- US West3 (Arizona)
- U.A.E. North (Dubai)
- Switzerland North (Zurich)
- Korea Central (Seoul)
- East Asia (Hongkong)
- Google –
What’s New in Veritas Backup Exec 21.3:
- Backup Exec Cloud Deduplication. Backup Exec is enhancing its existing cloud support to include cloud deduplication. This enables the users to perform backups to cloud storage with deduplication, which helps to save storage costs and network bandwidth.
- Support for Windows Server 2022. Backup Exec now supports backups and restores of Windows Server 2022. Backup Exec Server and Backup Exec Agent for Windows can be installed on Windows Server 2022. You can find a list of compatible operating systems, platforms, and applications in the Backup Exec Software Compatibility List (SCL).
- Support for new cloud storage regions. Backup Exec users benefit from cloud storage choices through support for the following cloud storage region, enabling greater flexibility and economy:
- Amazon: Osaka
- Google: Warsaw
- Google: Dual-region support for the following:
- Asia – Tokyo, Osaka
- Europe – Finland, Netherlands
- US – lowa, South Carolina
What’s New in Veritas Backup Exec 21.2:
- Accelerator v2 for VMware and Hyper-V – Enjoy up to 100x faster backup performance for virtualized environments, which allows for optimized data movement, shortened recovery point objectives (RPOs) and drastically smaller backup windows.
- Integration with Azure Stack HCI – Day 1 support for the Azure Stack HCI platform.
- Support for Microsoft SQL In-Memory OLTP – Ensure your most critical and performant SQL databases are protected and recoverable.
- S3-compatible cloud storage configuration wizard – Easily configure any S3-compatible storage as a backup target, regardless of the cloud and storage provider.
- Upgraded help experience – New web-based help platform ensures you always have access to the latest help documentation within the Backup Exec interface.
Homepage – https://www.veritas.com
Agent for Windows
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2021, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
Agent for VMware Compatibility
- VMware vSphere 6.7 Update 3
Size: 3.11 GB