Dr.Web Mobile Security for Android provides comprehensive protection from all types of malware targeting mobile devices, anti-virus for Android TV. This Dr.Web app protects your device from malware that infect mobile devices. Also it offers real-time system scanning with the SpIDer Guard monitor whenever attempts are made to save files in the memory.
Dr.Web Mobile Security helps you find your lost or stolen mobile device, and, if necessary, wipe confidential information from it remotely.
The Anti-spam component can be used on devices with two SIM cards. You cannot use it on mobile devices lacking SIM cards.
The Firewall monitors application network activity, and prevents important information from being leaked over a network. To use Dr.Web Firewall you must enable VPN for Android. It does not require root access on your device. By default, the Firewall is disabled.
The Security Auditor troubleshoots a device to identify and analyse security problems and offers solutions to address problems and vulnerabilities.
Dr.Web Anti-virus features:
- Performs quick or full file system scans, as well as custom scans of specified files and folders.
- Using the unique Origins Tracing technology, detects new, unknown malware.
- Protects SD cards from becoming infected with autorun files and Exploit.Cpllnk, both of which may be dangerous for Windows-running devices.
- Moves detected threats to the quarantine. You can restore the isolated files, if you need.
- Minimally impacts system performance.
- Economizes battery resources.
- Economizes traffic due to the small size of the virus database updates.
- Provides detailed statistics on detected threats and actions performed.
- Offers handy and informative desktop widgets for accessing the application.
Dr.Web Anti-theft features
- Allows you to lock the device after a reboot.
- Lets you lock your phone so that you can only unlock it by entering a password
- Lets you unlock the device with an SMS message.
- Offers a Google Maps link to a device’s location.
- Allows to perform a remote wipe of data on devices and SD cards.
- Starts audio playback and locks the screen.
- Lets users customise the message that displays on the screen of a blocked device.
Dr.Web Anti-spam features
Built-in filtering profiles:
- Allow all incoming calls and SMS
- Block all incoming calls and SMS
- Phone book – in this mode you can call and send SMS only from the phone book contacts.
- Blacklist – phone calls and (or) SMS from the numbers on this list are blocked.
Create an unlimited number of user filtering profiles.
URL filter features
- Controls browser access to the Internet on systems using Android browser, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Opera mini, Next, Amazon Silk, Yandex.Browser, Boat Browser, Adblock Browser, Dolphin Browser, Sputnik, UME Browser.
- Restrict access to unwanted and potentially dangerous sites according to several thematic categories.
Dr.Web Firewall features
- Filters the external network traffic of the applications installed on the device and system applications. Choose between Wi-Fi and cellular network filtering, and take advantage of customisable rules (filter by IP address and/or port, and by entire networks or IP ranges).
- Monitors current and previously transmitted traffic. Gives you information about the addresses/ports to which applications are connecting and the amount of inbound and outbound traffic.
Security Auditor features
- Detects applications with highest priority of SMS processing
- Identifies hidden device administrators
- Detects vulnerabilities and system settings that affect device security
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.11:
- Made fixes to the detection of file changes in the system area that could occur when updating system applications.
- Fixed crash of the application when the Firewall is running.
- Minor changes in the way the URL filter works.
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.10:
- The application’s compatibility with Android’s accessibility features has been improved.
- SpIDer Guard upgrades.
- Setting up the Call and SMS filter is now less time-consuming.
- Changes made to the Firewall and URL-filter.
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.9:
- Changed the process of requesting permissions for application components.
- Fixed an issue that caused notifications to display incorrectly on several Xiaomi devices.
- Fixed an issue that caused the application to crash on several devices running Android 11.
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.8:
- Improved operation of the application on Android 11
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.7:
- Fixed displaying of the list of categories in URL filter
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.6:
- Internal changes
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.5:
- Application routines involving the use of the virus databases have been optimised and upgraded.
- Adjustments have been made to the application-removal procedure for certain devices;
- A defect causing a device to be locked repeatedly after a new SIM card was detected has been eliminated;
- A defect causing the application to terminate abnormally if Dr.Web was installed in the system directory has been corrected;
- The URL filter now works properly in Firefox and Dolphin.
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.4:
- The application filter (available in centralised protection mode) now works with system apps;
- Also resolved was a virus database updating problem that could occur if the application was running in centralised protection mode.
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.3:
- Internal changes
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.2:
- Fixed an issue of threat neutralizing on external SD card.
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.6.0:
- Internal changes and fixed issues
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.5.1:
- Internal changes and fixed issues
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.5.0:
- New features and resolved known issues.
Changes in Dr.Web Mobile Security 12.4.2:
- Fixed issues that caused app unexpected shutdown
- Fixed an error related to an unwanted growth of the amount of app data
Homepage – https://products.drweb.com/mobile/android/
Supported Operating Systems: Android OS 4.4 or later, Android TV 5.0 + .
Size: 35.0 MB
The free license for Dr.Web for Android Light only includes the anti-virus. Other components are not available.