Pokemon Go is a free-to-play mobile game based on location of the player. It was developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices and released in most regions of the world in July 2016.
Playing is easy – your phone will vibrate when there’s a Pokemon nearby. Throw a Poke Ball at it, but always stay alert, or the Pokemon might get away!
Explore cities and towns where you live – and even around the globe – to capture as many Pokemons as you can. The map is your main view while playing the game, and it is based on the actual real-world map of the streets and pathways where you’re standing.
The map contains lots of information that’s useful when you’re exploring. You’ll always be in the center of the map. Use it to find PokeStops, Gyms, the location of nearby Pokemon, and more!
Pokemon on the Earth
Pokemon have entered our planet Earth! Now take your chance and capture Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many others all around you. Step outside your home, start exploring your neighbourhood and discover all of them! Later you can join one of the three teams and battling for the ownership of Gyms.
Search the surroundings
Pokemon usually dwell in their native natural environment, for example, Water-type will appear by lakes and oceans. Thus, when you are away from home, you might encounter a Pokemon that is different from other or which you would not have met otherwise. You can also visit PokéStops, found at such places like galleries, art installations, historical markets, and monuments.
Moreover, Pokemon love places like public parks and recreation areas. Therefore, you can use the map – it will be your main tool of view while playing the game. The map is based on the actual real-world map of cities. And it also contains lots of useful information with you in the centre of the map. When you’re close enough to a PokéStop to search it, the box on top of the blue square will open. That’s the time to gather items from the PokéStop!
You catch them, hatch them, grow them …
With levelling up, you can catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can increase your collection by hatching Pokemon Eggs based on the distances you walk. You might want to try catching many of the same kind to help your Pokemon to evolve. Don’t go to the PokéStop if it’s on private property! There will be more of them just around the corner – don’t worry!
Start Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers. It’s time now for your real-life adventures!
Load Up Your Bag
Access your Bag in the Map view by touching the Poké Ball icon. The kinds of items you’ll keep in your Bag include Poké Balls, medicines, Berries, and more. (Eggs will not appear in your Bag.) You can also access your Bag during Pokémon encounters. Each item is accompanied by a description of what it does.
Level Up Your Trainer
Catch as many Pokémon as you can to earn Experience Points (XP) and increase your Trainer level! Each capture awards XP based on the kind of Pokemon you’ve caught, whether you’ve caught the Pokemon before, and the accuracy of your throw. At higher levels, you’ll have access to stronger items, such as Great Balls, to give you a better shot at catching Pokémon. Keep exploring and encountering Pokemon to raise your level!
A wide variety of challenges are available that highlight many different accomplishments, such as the number of Pokemon you’ve caught and the distance you’ve traveled. By completing these challenges, you’ll unlock achievement medals that will appear in your player profile. Try your best to unlock as many medals as you can!
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.249.1:
- Steel yourselves! Mega Aggron, Togedemaru, Celesteela, and Kartana make their Pokémon GO debuts during the Test Your Mettle event!
- Roggenrola, the Mantle Pokémon, will be featured during September Community Day on September 18!
- Trainers level 37 and up can now nominate PokéStops!
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.247.0:
- Pokémon GO Fest is the biggest Pokémon GO event of the year! Join millions of Trainers around the world on Saturday, August 27, 2022, as they encounter exciting Pokémon and earn rewards in the thrilling conclusion to this year’s five-event series!
- Quality-of-life updates
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.245.0:
- A new type of Incense is coming to Pokémon GO: Daily Adventure Incense! Who knows what Pokémon you’ll encounter…
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.243.0:
- Play together with Campfire: find raids, Trainers to play with, and the most popular play areas near you.
- Pokémon GO Fest 2022: This year’s Pokémon GO Fest is bigger than ever, and we’re continuing the fun with Pokémon GO Fest: Seattle!
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.241.0:
- Pokémon GO Fest 2022: This year’s Pokémon GO Fest is bigger than ever, and we’re continuing the fun with Pokémon GO Fest: Berlin!
- A new in-game Season is here: Welcome to the Season of GO!
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.239.1:
- Kick off the new Season with Pokémon GO Fest on June 4, 2022, and June 5, 2022. Tickets are available now!
- You can also share the fun of Pokémon GO Fest by gifting tickets to your friends!
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.237:
- Mega Evolution in Pokémon GO is getting a mega update! With this update, after you Mega Evolve a Pokémon for the first time, you’ll be able to Mega Evolve that same Pokémon again without using Mega Energy!
- Join us for May Community Day – featuring Alolan Geodude – on May 21, 2022.
- You will have the option to add a widget to your device’s home screen so you can keep track of your Buddy Pokémon!
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.235:
- You will now receive a notification when a friend pins your postcard
- Fast Attack delays after a Charged Attack should occur less frequently
- Various performance improvements, quality of life updates, and bug fixes
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.233:
- April Community Day – featuring Stufful – on Saturday, April 23, 2022.
- An issue where Fast Attacks take longer to activate than they should in Trainer Battles has been greatly alleviated.
- Fast Attacks should behave more consistently when an opposing Charged Attack occurs at the same time.
- Verbose combat logging has been implemented to track Team Leader, friend, Team GO Rocket, and GO Battle League battles.
- An Adventure Sync widget is now available.
Changes in Pokemon GO 0.231:
- The Season of Alola is here! More Pokémon originally found in the Alola region will start appearing on March 1, 2022
- March Community Day – ft. Sandshrew & Alolan Sandshrew – on March 13, 2022.
- Your Pokémon team will now display during the countdown for Trainer Battles
- The hearts needed to progress to the next Buddy Level will be displayed
- PokéStops and Gyms will visually adjust based on if you are 40 m away, 80 m away, or out of range
Homepage – https://www.pokemongo.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Android 7.0 or later
- iOS 13.0 or later
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Not compatible with Android devices that use Intel Atom processors.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Application may not run on certain devices even if they have compatible OS versions installed.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
Share the fun of Pokemon GO with the Pokemon GO Plus accessory, coming soon. The Pokémon GO Plus will alert you when a Pokemon is nearby and let you try to catch it.