VMware Fusion 12 is for the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to run Windows programs on their Macs without rebooting. It is recommended for new and existing Mac users who want to continue running the Windows application they can’t live without.
VMware Fusion 12 Pro takes virtualization on the Mac to the next level with powerful features designed for advanced users and technical professionals.
With added support for the latest modern OS like Windows 10, advanced users, developers, QA and IT admins rely on Fusion Pro every day for high performance, reliability and leading edge features to run Windows and Linux on a Mac.
It’s easy to transfer your entire PC to your Mac with the Fusion PC migration assistant for Windows. Get the best of both worlds with Mac virtualization and have access to your all Windows files from your old PC directly on your Mac, whenever you need them.
VMware Fusion makes Windows 10 feel right at home on your Mac. Whether you’re doing a fresh install for that brand new operating system experience, migrating your Windows 10 PC, or upgrading Windows 7 or 8 virtual machines, VMware Fusion gives you the best of both worlds.
Run familiar Windows applications side-by-side with your favorite Mac applications. And seamlessly share files and folders between Windows and Mac. Take advantage of the latest features in Windows 10 like Cortana, the Microsoft speech-enabled virtual assistant. Or run the all new Edge web browser alongside Safari.
Professionals Run Windows on Mac with VMware Fusion Pro
VMware Fusion Pro delivers unsurpassed platform compatibility and integration with the VMware ecosystem. It leverages decades of innovation in leading the virtualization revolution, with support for over 200 operating systems including Windows 10.
Build Complex Virtual Networks
Use the robust VMware Fusion Pro virtual network editor to add and remove virtual IPv4 or IPv6 networks. Also you can create custom virtual networking configurations, ideal for testing and demonstration environments without impacting the Mac’s network configuration. Users can recreate complex cloud architectures right on the Mac to validate design before implementation. Because is has updated networking controls and compatibility with the VMware ecosystem.
From Your Mac to the Cloud
Use VMware Fusion Pro to connect to VMware vCloud Air, the public cloud service by VMware. You will able to securely manage and download cloud workloads, or run an entire cloud environment directly on your Mac. All from within VMware Fusion Pro. Leverage the cloud to share virtual machines with anyone in your organization for tests, analysis or demonstrations. Fusion Pro can also connect to, create and run virtual machines hosted on VMware vSphere. Download virtual machines from VMware vSphere and turn them into local VMware Fusion Pro virtual machines. Or upload local virtual machines to vSphere directly from Fusion Pro.
Take Control of Your Virtual Machines
This software gives technical professionals powerful control over how to set up and interact with virtual machines. Choose from a wide variety of options when installing, protecting, connecting, sharing and viewing virtual machines to save valuable time. You can even create virtual machines that are encrypted, require a change of password or expire at a predefined date and time. Leverage the Snapshot feature to preserve the state of a virtual machine so you can return to it at any time.
Powerful Virtual Machines. Powerful Graphics.
VMware Fusion Pro is optimized for the highest density 4K, 5K and Retina displays. That gives you a crisp and detailed view of your Windows applications. Experience more fluid graphics for every application in your virtual machine with newly added DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3 capabilities. With DirectX 12, Fusion Pro makes every day applications like Office, as well as highly demanding 3D applications such as AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS, run more smoothly than ever.
- This release contains critical bug fixes.
What’s new in VMware Fusion Pro 12.2.0 Build 18760249 | 2021-10-14:
- This release contains security updates and bug fixes.
What’s new in VMware Fusion Pro 12.1.0 Build 17195230 | 2020-11-20:
- Optimized for macOS 11 Big Sur as host and guest
- New guest operating system support
- Windows 10 20H2
- Ubuntu 20.10
- RHEL 8.3
- Fedora 33
- Fusion health check
When VMware Fusion is running on macOS 10.15, the kernel extension issue can be easily fixed by a button click.
vctl kindto support KIND v0.9.0
- Performance improvements, bug fixes and security updates
What’s new in VMware Fusion Pro 12.0.0 Build 16880131 | 2020-09-15:
- Free Product for Personal Non-Commercial Use. Fusion Player (previously Fusion Standard) is now free for personal non-commercial use.
- Support macOS 11 Big Sur
- Run macOS 11 Big Sur as a host operating system.
- Run macOS 11 Big Sur as a virtual machine.
- DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1 Support
- Support has been added for DirectX 11 (DX11) and OpenGL 4.1 in the guest operating system.
- Hardware requirements for DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1:
- MacPro 2013 and later
- iMac 27-inch 2014 and later
- MacBook Pro 13-inch 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro 15-inch 2015 with dual graphics and later
- MacBook Air 2015 and later
- MacBook 2015 and later
- iMac 21-inch 2015 and later
- iMac Pro 2017 and later
- MacMini 2018 and later
- Software requirements for DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1:
- Guest OS: Windows 7 or higher, or Linux with vmwgfx.
- External GPU support. Fusion provides support for external GPU when an external GPU is connected to the host. Choose the Prefer External GPU option from the Fusion UI.
- Sandboxed Graphics. Virtual machine security is enhanced by removing graphics render from vmx and running it as a separate sandbox process.
- New Guest Operating Systems Support
- RHEL 8.2
- Debian 10.5
- Fedora 32
- CentOS 8.2
- SLE 15 SP2
- FreeBSD 11.4
- ESXi 7.0
- USB 3.1 Controller Support. The virtual machine’s virtual XHCI controller is changed from USB 3.0 to USB 3.1 to support 10 Gbps.
- Larger Scale VM
- 32 virtual CPUs
- 128 GB virtual memory
Note: Running virtual machines with 32 vCPUs requires that your host and guest operating systems both support 32 logical processors.
- 8 GB virtual graphics memory
- Create VM from APFS Recovery Partition (Now limited to macOS 10.15 host)
- Performance Improvements
- Improved file transfer speeds (Drag and Drop, Copy and Paste, HGFS)
- Improved virtual machine shutdown time.
- Improved container performance.
- vSphere 7.0 Support. In Fusion 12 you can perform the following:
- Connect to vSphere 7.0.
- Upload a local virtual machine to vSphere 7.0.
- Download a remote virtual machine running on vSphere 7.0 to the local desktop.
- Login to Container Image Registry. Ability to login to a container image registry with the vctl login command has been added.
- Kubernetes Support. Fusion 12 now supports KIND kubernetes clusters.
- Improved Accessibility Support. Accessibility improvements have been added so Fusion is compliant with WCAG 2.1 criteria.
Homepage – https://www.vmware.com
Intel Mac models that support macOS 11.0 Big Sur and newer versions.
- Mac models that support macOS 11.0 Big Sur – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211238.
macOS 11.0 Big Sur and newer versions.
Size: 621 MB