Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS HDD/SSD monitoring and analysis application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair disk drive problems. Also it reports and displays SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures.
Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and reports the most comprehensive information about the Hard Disks and Solid State Disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB, e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
Hard Disk Sentinel Features:
The software monitors Hard Disk Drive status. That include health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most HDD and SSD today) values for each disks.
Also HDSentinel measures the disk transfer speed in real time. It can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible HD failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel is the perfect data protection solution. It can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss. Because it has the most sensitive disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can’t be missed.
The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
HDD Sentinel runs in the background and verifies SSD / HDD health status by inspecting the SMART status of the disk(s). If an error is found or unexpected behaviour is detected, it warns the user about the current situation and also can perform appropriate actions. For example, start an automatic backup.
Usually, hard disk health status may slowly decline, from day to day. The SMART monitoring technology can predict HDD failure by examining the critical values of the disk drive. Compared to other software, Hard Disk Sentinel detects and reports every disk problem.
The software also displays the current hard disk temperature and logs maximum and average HDD temperatures. This may be used to check the maximum temperature under high hard disk load.
Improvements and new features:
- improved installation when Controlled Folder Access function in Windows Defender is active
- display notification and ask for whitelisting when Controlled Folder Access function in Windows Defender is active which prevents access/testing of disks and detection of disk status information
- detect and display TRIM status for SATA, NVMe SSDs correctly again after April 2018 update of Windows 10
- displaying additional NVMe functions / optional features
- improved connection and on-line registration, activation
- improved report sending via Report menu -> Send test report to developer option
- improved / changed automatic update
- manual update asks for confirmation of the update when new version found
Improved hardware support:
- improved Intel RAID detection, LSI RAID detection
- HP RAID: improved reporting of SmartSSD Wear Gauge Utilization. Added Remaining Days Until Wearout value to S.M.A.R.T. page
- added support of Community OFA NVMe driver for NVMe SSDs
- added support of Apacer APS25AF4120G SSD (SM130-25)
- display health status correctly of new Kingston A400 series SSDs (may reported 0% on the beginning of lifetime)
- improved NVMe M.2 SSD detection on Windows 7
- improved detection of external RAID boxes
- improved health of various Toshiba SSDs
- improved support of new Crucial SSDs
- improved power on time display for various IBM, Seagate, Hitachi SAS hard disk drives
- improved power on time display for various Toshiba SATA hard disk drives
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- fixed: write tests may show “Access denied” when the default “Lock volume” option enabled on external pendrive, memory card
- fixed: show error when there is no internet connection when update initiated
- improved showing single tray icon when “Display only highest temperature” option enabled
- improved multi-drive testing
- improved current temperature graph
Homepage – https://www.hdsentinel.com
Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Hard Disk Sentinel supports the detection of all hard disk drives, regardless of their connection and size. This includes all IDE, S-ATA (including Serial ATA II and Serial ATA 6G), SCSI, SAS, USB hard disk models with even capacities 2 TB and over. Hard Disk Sentinel automatically detects and displays the supported features of the disks, the temperature and health information.
Different hard disk drives have different features. Older hard disk models may not have temperature sensors – in such cases no temperature information is displayed in the software.
Hard Disk Sentinel also maintains a hard disk drive database with full details of over 6000 hard disk models from various vendors. This includes known hard disks from the past 15 years, from less than 100 MB models to today’s top and newest hard disk drives.
Hard Disk Sentinel both supports hybrid drives (SSHD) and supports over 2000 SSD models with different connections including IDE, SATA, mSATA, M.2, NVMe, SAS, USB and so.
Size: 23.2 MB