Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS HDD/SSD monitoring and analysis application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair disk drive problems. Also it reports and displays SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures.
Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and reports the most comprehensive information about the Hard Disks and Solid State Disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB, e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
Hard Disk Sentinel Features:
The software monitors Hard Disk Drive status. That include health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most HDD and SSD today) values for each disks.
Also HDSentinel measures the disk transfer speed in real time. It can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible HD failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel is the perfect data protection solution. It can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss. Because it has the most sensitive disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can’t be missed.
The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
HDD Sentinel runs in the background and verifies SSD / HDD health status by inspecting the SMART status of the disk(s). If an error is found or unexpected behaviour is detected, it warns the user about the current situation and also can perform appropriate actions. For example, start an automatic backup.
Usually, hard disk health status may slowly decline, from day to day. The SMART monitoring technology can predict HDD failure by examining the critical values of the disk drive. Compared to other software, Hard Disk Sentinel detects and reports every disk problem.
The software also displays the current hard disk temperature and logs maximum and average HDD temperatures. This may be used to check the maximum temperature under high hard disk load.
Improvements and new features:
- added support of Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel VROC): detect NVMe RAID array members, complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of NVMe M.2 SSDs managed by Intel VROC controller
- added support of HighPoint NVMe RAID controllers: detect NVMe RAID array members, complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of NVMe M.2 SSDs managed by HighPoint NVMe RAID controllers
- added support of HighPoint SSD7101A-1 NVMe RAID controller
- added support of Lenovo 530-8I RAID adapter: detect complete S.M.A.R.T. status of SATA/SAS hard disk drives configured as RAID
- added support of ThinkSystem 930-8I 2GB Flash PCIe 12Gb Adapter: detect complete S.M.A.R.T. status of SATA/SAS hard disk drives configured as RAID
- added support of Dell PowerEdge Boot Optimized Storage Solution – BOSS: detect RAID array members, complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of SSDs managed by the BOSS RAID controller
- added support for MOBIUS 5-bay RAID hard disk enclosure: detect complete status of SATA hard disks configured as JBOD or RAID
- added support of ICY DOCK MB662U3-2S R1 RAID external enclosure: detect status information about RAID disk members
- added support of Kingston Enterprise SSDs: DC500R and DC500M
- added detection of eMMC storage devices used in tablets: detect and display eMMC specific information and self-monitoring status. Display eMMC health (if supported by the eMMC device)
(THANKS so much for Tim Schuerewegen for his excellent work)
- added support for Swissbit industrial SD cards, ATP industrial SD cards, Kingston SDCIT industrial SD cards: detect status information, health and statistics
(THANKS so much for Tim Schuerewegen for his excellent work)
- added support of Minerva RAID R2056A adapter (M.2 B+M notch to SATA 7pin x2 RAID Card)
- added support of various Apacer SATA SSDs
Improved hardware support:
- fixed health display for Western Digital WD BLUE SSDs
- improved support of WD and Hitachi Helium-filled (He) hard disk drives
- completely redesigned HighPoint SATA/SAS RAID controller support: better detection of RAID array configuration, logical/physical disk drives, improved status detection and S.M.A.R.T. reporting with HighPoint SATA/SAS RAID controllers
- added option to start Disk menu -> Short self test, extended self test on disks managed by JMicron external RAID enclosures
- added option to use Disk menu -> Advanced power management, Acoustic Management on disks managed by JMicron external RAID enclosures
- improved support of JMicron external multi-drive enclosures running in port multiplier (non-RAID) mode (drive order and logical drive assignments corrected)
- improved NVMe detection with Intel RST RAID driver and Intel Volume Management Device NVMe RAID Controller driver
- improved support of different Kingston, KingDian SSDs
- improved write-type disk testing with Transcend RDF5 memory card reader
- improved write-type disk testing of SD cards formatted to exFAT
- improved NVMe status detection under Windows 7 when Intel chipset driver 15.7 used for the NVMe SSD
- improved support of multiple HighPoint RAID controllers (SATA only, SATA+SAS, NVMe)
- improved display of lifetime writes on various TOSHIBA SATA SSDs
- improved support of ORICO 2139U3 external enclosures
- improved support of ADATA SU650 SSDs
- improved support of KingSpec SATA SSDs
- improved detection of SATA disk drives on LSI (non-RAID) HBA controllers
- improved ASM1092R RAID controller chip support
- improved power on time display for SAS hard disk HGST H7280A520SUN8.0T
- improved support of eSATA / USB multi-drive hard disk enclosures in port multiplier (non-RAID) mode
- improved compatibility with ICY BOX IB-RD3640SU3
- improved lifetime writes on various Samsung SATA SSDs
- improved health display on Kingston SA400M8120G SSD
- improved Intel NVMe SSD detection
- improved disk detection with LSI RAID controllers when array(s) degraded / disk(s) missing or foreign
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- improved display of lifetime writes on various Samsung SATA SSDs
- improved power on time display for various SCSI/SAS hard disk drives
- overheat tray notification shows affected hard disk drive(s) first
- display message box with the result of e-mail test when all notifications disabled
- updated Russian language support, THANKS for Dmitry Yerokhin for the translation
- updated Spanish language support, THANKS for Skylär Astaröt for the translation
- updated Chinese language support, THANKS Chenxu Wang for the translation
Homepage – https://www.hdsentinel.com
Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Hard Disk Sentinel supports the detection of all hard disk drives, regardless of their connection and size. This includes all IDE, S-ATA (including Serial ATA II and Serial ATA 6G), SCSI, SAS, USB hard disk models with even capacities 2 TB and over. Hard Disk Sentinel automatically detects and displays the supported features of the disks, the temperature and health information.
Different hard disk drives have different features. Older hard disk models may not have temperature sensors – in such cases no temperature information is displayed in the software.
Hard Disk Sentinel also maintains a hard disk drive database with full details of over 6000 hard disk models from various vendors. This includes known hard disks from the past 15 years, from less than 100 MB models to today’s top and newest hard disk drives.
Hard Disk Sentinel both supports hybrid drives (SSHD) and supports over 2000 SSD models with different connections including IDE, SATA, mSATA, M.2, NVMe, SAS, USB and so.
Size: 25.5 MB