Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS HDD/SSD monitoring and analysis application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair disk drive problems. Also it reports and displays SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures.
Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and reports the most comprehensive information about the Hard Disks and Solid State Disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB, e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
Hard Disk Sentinel Features:
The software monitors Hard Disk Drive status. That include health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most HDD and SSD today) values for each disks.
Also HDSentinel measures the disk transfer speed in real time. It can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible HD failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel is the perfect data protection solution. It can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss. Because it has the most sensitive disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can’t be missed.
The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
HDD Sentinel runs in the background and verifies SSD / HDD health status by inspecting the SMART status of the disk(s). If an error is found or unexpected behaviour is detected, it warns the user about the current situation and also can perform appropriate actions. For example, start an automatic backup.
Usually, hard disk health status may slowly decline, from day to day. The SMART monitoring technology can predict HDD failure by examining the critical values of the disk drive. Compared to other software, Hard Disk Sentinel detects and reports every disk problem.
The software also displays the current hard disk temperature and logs maximum and average HDD temperatures. This may be used to check the maximum temperature under high hard disk load.
Improvements and new features:
- added option to configure offsets for SCSI, SAS hard disk drives/SSDs, NVMe SSDs, industrial SD memory cards
- added watchdog extension: protection against unwanted closing/termination after running for multiple days
- detect and display new problems, degradations of SCSI, SAS disk drives on the Log page
- improved and extended Log page for IDE, SATA, USB drives: display additional problems, degradations
- it is possible to sort disks in Load status of offline disks window, multiple disk test selector window, authentic report selector window
- it is possible to find (CTRL+F, F3) in Load status of offline disks window, multiple disk test selector window, authentic report selector window
Improved hardware support:
- added support of Lenovo 720I SATA/SAS RAID controllers: detect complete status of SATA/SAS hard disks, SSDs managed by such RAID controllers
- added/improved support of HP RAID controllers: Smart Array H240nr, Smart Array P240nr, Smart Array P542D: detect complete status of SATA/SAS hard disks, SSDs managed by such RAID controllers
- added support of HPE P/E-Class SR Gen10 SATA/SAS RAID controllers (tested: HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10)
- added support of Intel RSP3TD160F SAS RAID controller: detect complete status of SATA/SAS hard disks, SSDs managed by this RAID controller
- completely redesigned and fixed drive order, logical drive detection with Intel, LSI, Dell, IBM RAID controllers
- completely redesigned VIA RAID controller detection: detect and display logical/physical disks better
- completely redesigned JMicron-RAID detection: detect complete disk status, RAID members and their health, temperature, self-monitoring status 10-40 times faster than previously.
- added support of Kingston SUV500 series SSDs
- added support of Crucial BX500 series SSDs: display health and status information correctly
- added support for ASMedia ASM236X USB -> NVMe bridge: detect complete NVMe M.2 SSD status over USB connection
- added support of USB-NVMe adapters with JMicron JMS583 chip: detect and display complete NVMe status information
- added support of Jeyi I9, ITHOO Tech USB-NVMe adapter
- added support of UNITEK S1201A USB3.1 Type-C to M.2 (PCIe/NVMe) Enclosure
- added support of Icy Box and Delock External enclosure for M.2 NVMe SSD, USB 3.1 Type-C, Glotrends Scorpio M.2 NVME USB-C External Enclosure
- added support of Corsair Voyager GTX pendrives: display complete self-monitoring status, lifetime writes and details
- added support of Mediasonic K32-SU3 external USB 3.0 – SATA hard disk enclosure
- added support of ICY BOX IB-231StU3 external USB hard disk enclosure
- added support of RaidOn dual drive RAID devices: detection of both hard disk drives / SSDs used with temperature, health and complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. information.
Supported devices: RaidOn iR2623-S3, iR2772-S3, iR2771-S3, iR2770, iR2022, iR2622, SR2611-2S-S2R+, GR3680-SB3
- added support of Oyen Digital MiniPro RAID V3 enclosure and SilverStone TS231U-C enclosure: detect complete disk status of both hard disk drives / SSDs used in both standalone and any RAID mode
- improved support of ADATA SX8200NP NVMe M.2 SSD (previous version may showed 0% health)
- improved detection and display of Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe SSD, HP SSD EX920 1TB, XPG GAMMIX S11 and various NVMe M.2 SSDs
- improved detection with Intel SMART Response Technology (SSD cache) with newer Intel RAID drivers
- improved support of Intel SSDSC2KW120H6 SSD, ADATA SP550 SSD, SK Hynix SSDs, Kingspec SSDs, LiteON SSDs
- improved support of ADATA SU650 SSD, KINGSTON RBUSNS8280S3128GH2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda SSDs, Intel SSDPEKNW512G8
- improved support of Adaptec SAS/SATA RAID controllers
- improved support of 3ware 9650 SATA, 9690 SATA/SAS RAID controllers
- improved support of Sandisk SD8TB8UxxxG1001, SD8TN8UxxxG1001, SD9SN8W-xxxG-1006 models
- improved compatibility with MO (Magneto-optical) drives, Lexar Jumpdrive F35 pendrives
- improved disk drive temperature display on HP RAID controllers
- improved support of multi-disk enclosures / docking stations with JMicron chipset and ASMEDIA chipset
- improved NVMe status detection under Windows 7 with Intel RST driver 15.7 (available from Support -> Driver Zone)
- improved compatibility with HP SAS Expander
- improved support of VLI 711 USB-ATA chipset
- improved power on time reporting on TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100, FUJITSU MHY2250BH, HUS726040ALS214 and various SAS hard disk drives
- reporting correct health for WD BLUE SSDs (previous version may showed 1% health)
- added support of Apacer AS330 Panther
- detection of UASP transfer mode on double (multi-drive) docking stations
- fixed: detect multiple NVMe SSD status on Intel VROC when SSDs are in standalone (non-RAID) configuration
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- improved display during surface test: show surface reinitialization level, show disk number in title
- display disk comment in random seek test window instead of acoustic level (if comment defined)
- transfer rate tray icon (when enabled) automatically shows transfer rate in MB/sec instead of KB/s when the value is at least 1 MB/sec
- improved display of SCSI/SAS disks in “Load status of offline disks” window
- improved authentic report saving
- improved support and display of Arabic, Korean language
- complete Greek help (thanks for Michael I. Goudevenos for the translation)
- drives un-selected (hidden) from main window are not selected in save authentic report window
- fixed Windows OS type detection on 64 bit Windows 10 systems
- minor changes, modifications
Homepage – https://www.hdsentinel.com
Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Hard Disk Sentinel supports the detection of all hard disk drives, regardless of their connection and size. This includes all IDE, S-ATA (including Serial ATA II and Serial ATA 6G), SCSI, SAS, USB hard disk models with even capacities 2 TB and over. Hard Disk Sentinel automatically detects and displays the supported features of the disks, the temperature and health information.
Different hard disk drives have different features. Older hard disk models may not have temperature sensors – in such cases no temperature information is displayed in the software.
Hard Disk Sentinel also maintains a hard disk drive database with full details of over 6000 hard disk models from various vendors. This includes known hard disks from the past 15 years, from less than 100 MB models to today’s top and newest hard disk drives.
Hard Disk Sentinel both supports hybrid drives (SSHD) and supports over 2000 SSD models with different connections including IDE, SATA, mSATA, M.2, NVMe, SAS, USB and so.
Size: 25.4 MB