WinZip 26 is the world’s most popular Windows utility for file compression, file sharing, file encryption, and data backup. No other file compression utility is as easy to use or offers such a comprehensive and innovative feature set to help you save time, space, and improve productivity.
You can instantly compress files to conserve storage space, send swifter emails, and decrease file upload/download times. Zip documents, spreadsheets, PDFs, presentations, you name it!
You can quickly zip and unzip files to conserve storage space, speed up e-mail transmission, and reduce download times. In addition, WinZip offers strong AES encryption for securing sensitive data, the ability to bundle files into convenient, compressed packages, and an automated data backup facility to prevent data loss.
WinZip even supports photo and image compression. Now you can compress your digital photographs and graphic images by 20 to 25% with no loss of photo quality or data integrity. This lets you send pictures faster and fit more on your flash drive, CD/DVD, or hard disk.
WinZip allows to:
- Compress files to save space and reduce transmission times
- Create Zip, LHA, and new Zipx files – the smallest Zip files ever
- Let WinZip select the “best” compression method based on file type to maximize efficiency
- Compress JPEG image files by 20 to 25% with no loss of photo quality or data integrity
- Open and extract from Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, LHA BZ2, CAB, IMG, ISO, and other archive files
- Experience better performance on most files with LZMA compression
- View international characters in filenames through Unicode support
- Create and read Zip files larger than 4GB
- Secure sensitive data with FIPS-197 certified AES encryption (128- and 256-bit)
- Encrypt and decrypt confidential files and email attachments
- Auto-wipe (“shred”) temporarily extracted copies of encrypted files
- Feel safe knowing Auto-wipe uses the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M) standard
- Set password policy by controlling complexity requirements
- Set or disable available encryption methods
- Take advantage of hardware support in certain Intel-based computers for even faster AES encryption
Package and Share:
- Bundle files into zipped packages, creating convenient, logical groups of related files
- Organize and secure email attachments, which transmit faster thanks to smaller file sizes
- See the content of Zip file attachments in Outlook 2013 using the Zip file previewer
- Double click on a file in the Zip file previewer for Outlook 2007 to open it for viewing
- View photos in Zip files without extracting, using WinZip’s internal image viewer
- Resize Photos when using Zip and E-Mail
- Quickly create and send Zip files with one-click “Zip & E-Mail”
- Resize photos from a Zip file when sending by email or to a new Zip file
- Use “Send To” to send new and existing Zip files as e-mail attachments
- Use Save As, Rename, and New Folder commands to easily manage Zip files
- Create Self-Extracting Archives with Self-Extractor Personal Edition
- Split Zip files to make large Zip files fit on removable media
- Use Zip from Camera Wizard to quickly transfer, rotate, and compress photos from supported cameras
Backup / Automate:
- Prevent data loss with automated data backup facility
- Burn back-ups to CD or DVD and automatically split them over multiple discs, if necessary
- Upload your back-ups to an off-site server using WinZip’s internal FTP client
- Create custom jobs to automate routine zip tasks
- Schedule jobs to run automatically and unattended
- Utilize predefined WinZip jobs
- Email, FTP upload, or burn Zip files to disc using Job Wizard
- Email log files upon WinZip job completion
- Utilize WinZip’s command line interface for scripting (free add-on)
NEW! WinZip Image Manager (Pro/Enterprise)
A fresh new way to manage, share, and confidently secure all your pictures in one dedicated app! Easily convert formats, rotate, resize, and crop for single or multiple images. Quickly access all WinZip Image Manager features with a right click in the Windows Explorer. Increased security lets you remove camera information, EXIF data, including GPS location, along with lossless compression and bank-grade encryption.
NEW! WinZip PDF Express (Pro/Enterprise)
A powerful, multipurpose PDF app that does far more than a basic PDF reader. Export a PDF to Word or image file, or create a PDF from any document. Reorder, add or delete pages and easily combine multiple document formats into a single PDF, then watermark, secure and share.
NEW! WinZip Secure Backup (Pro/Enterprise)
Get peace of mind knowing this safeguard app will keep your most important data secure. Create simple, yet powerful, backup routines. Store a copy locally or in the Cloud for an extra layer of security. With WinZip, your most important files will be safe and easy to restore.
NEW! WinZip Share Express (Pro/Enterprise)
Share your files with confidence and security. This powerful sharing tool is included in the WinZip apps, allowing you to share, compress, and encrypt, all within a simple interface. Easily share files to one or many locations, surrounded by extra layers of security, including military-grade encryption and time bomb capabilities.
ENHANCED! New ribbon look-and-feel with context aware file management tools
Find more and do more! With a refined user experience and modern new icons, you’ll have visibility to WinZip’s powerful compression, conversion, and file management features. Plus, the context-aware ribbon adapts to what you are doing like accessing file and folder maintenance features, conversions, zipping and unzipping.
ENHANCED! Auto clean and organize your computer
What could be better than automated cleaning? Thanks to this efficient feature, you no longer need to click to take action; it simply happens. With our proven WinZip Background tools, you set the rules to remove old files which will save space, retain speed, and secure your files.
NEW! Files Shared to Me folder
All of your files in one place! Welcome to a streamlined process that lets you instantly find all the files others have shared with you. WinZip supports multi-cloud, so you can access Google Drive, OneDrive and many other cloud-based storage files from coworkers, friends and family in a single app.
NEW! Batch conversion capabilities
With this flexible option, you can perform a variety of conversion tasks simultaneously including converting a file to or from a PDF, combining files into a single PDF, converting or reducing photos, signing a PDF, or adding a watermark. Simply select the files you want to change, then choose the appropriate conversion options you want to apply, and you’re done!
NEW! Seamlessly switch between Windows Explorer and WinZip
You have options! Right click on a folder to open a file in either WinZip or Windows Explorer. With a single click from Explorer, switch to WinZip and get direct access to WinZip’s advanced file management tools like bulk file rename, conversion, and encryption.
NEW! Quick access to recent contacts
Get to your most-used contacts faster and more efficiently. WinZip now offers an option for a quick selection from your contacts list of recently emailed recipients. No need to spend time searching your entire address book!
NEW! Personal Cloud NAS drive support
Connect WinZip to Western Digital My Cloud Service and access your files on your personal cloud, no matter where you are. Just like Cloud Services, such as OneDrive or Dropbox, you can use WinZip to browse and manage the files at home from anywhere using your personal WD My Cloud.
ENHANCED! More filter options for zipping files
With WinZip’s filter functionality, you can choose to only include Word documents or images or other specific file formats. Now, you can replace an existing file in a Zip file with a newer version and choose to whether to add new files to your existing Zip file.
ENHANCED! Streamlined Actions Pane
Stay one step ahead with convenient access to the features you need to complete your task. With an updated streamlined Actions Pane, you can now save, email, share features, and more, on selected items in the file or zip pane to save you valuable time.
ENHANCED! Combine files into a single PDF (Pro/Enterprise)
We’ve expanded our PDF capabilities! With the Combine Files feature, you can merge multiple PDF files into a single PDF or convert non-PDF files into a single PDF file. In addition, you can take a collection of office files, images, and PDFs and merge them into a single PDF inside a zip file in fewer steps.
NEW! Support for Windows Environmental Strings
Enter generic keywords (called Environmental Strings in Windows) in the WinZip file chooser to locate files and folders that are specific to your computer and originate from a local drive, network device, or cloud service.
What’s New in WinZip 25.0:
NEW! More efficient file compression with duplicate file detection
You might not realize it, but your Zipx files often contain duplicate files, adding to the size of your zip file. WinZip 25 scans and excludes duplicate files, instead storing them as a link to save you space. Your files stay the same – but your Zipx files will be smaller than ever.
NEW! Organize your photos in the cloud
Use WinZip to automatically organize all your photos by year and month. Say goodbye to endless scrolling looking for photos – it’s now easier than ever for you to store, manage, and share your most important memories.
NEW! Update contents of a Zip file to match the source
Refresh the content of a Zip file to match the content of the original source folder. The documents you zip change all the time, and now you can keep all your zip files up to date with fewer clicks.
ENHANCED! Combine PDF features
WinZip 25 Pro enables you to merge all your PDF files, even those generated by WinZip conversions. You can now merge a wide variety of files and images into a single PDF in one easy step.
NEW! Sign new and existing PDF files
Use WinZip Pro to sign PDF files straight from your computer. All types of PDFs are supported – from those sent to you, to files you convert to PDF using WinZip. Sign and send important documents in seconds, with the added peace of mind from WinZip’s banking-level encryption.
NEW! Access and edit files shared with you by others
Easily access shared folders in OneDrive and Google Drive to work more effectively with your team. It’s straightforward to see which folders belong to someone else, and WinZip 25 enables you to zip, unzip, encrypt, and decrypt files saved in shared folders.
NEW! Automatically save cloud files
WinZip has always made it easy to work in files stored in the cloud, but WinZip 25 takes it to a whole new level. WinZip 25 automatically saves your work on cloud-based files, ensuring you never lose important work.
NEW! Easy access to Background Tools
WinZip’s Background Tools keep your folders clean and organized – it’s like having an invisible army of technicians working on your computer. WinZip 25 gives you access to these powerful tools right from the WinZip Ribbon, and schedules background tasks to run simultaneously.
NEW! Seamless integration with Microsoft Teams
You can now share Zip files with your colleagues in Microsoft Teams through WinZip’s brand-new Microsoft Teams integration. Simply use WinZip’s Instant Messaging function to effortlessly share zip files to your chosen Microsoft Teams channel.
What’s New in WinZip 24.0:
- NEW! Search Files faster
- Stop searching for files in all the wrong places. Use WinZip’s new built-in search feature to quickly track down files stored locally, on your network, or in your cloud storage, even when you don’t remember where you put them.
- NEW! Combine Multiple PDF files into One PDF
- Use WinZip Pro or Enterprise to combine your PDFs. You can convert multiple PDF files into a single PDF file to save, zip, or share. You can even organize the order of pages in your PDF, then combine and protect them with WinZip’s PDF security features.
- NEW! Experience better Zipx Compression
- Compress your Zipx files smaller and faster. WinZip’s new compression method for Zipx format is based on ZSTD. That means you can use it to compress and decompress many file types faster, while achieving compression rates better than DEFLATE and DEFLATE64.
- NEW! Pin Favorites in the Files Pane
- Pin and access favorite files and folders in WinZip’s Files Pane. The Files Pane is already a convenient way to manage, zip and unzip your files. Now you can pin your favorite local, network, and cloud-based files to the Quick Access section and access them with the click of a button.
- NEW! Shell Extensions supported in the Files Pane
- Perform shell extension operations right from the Files Pane. Getting better Explorer functionality is as simple as adding Shell Extensions to the Explorer context menu. Now that WinZip’s Files Pane supports these extensions, you no longer need to leave it to perform operations previously only available in Explorer.
- NEW! Create Backup Jobs from Explorer
- Use WinZip Pro or Enterprise to create Backup jobs from the Explorer context menu. Just select files in Windows Explorer, select Create a WinZip Job, and choose when and how often your job runs. WinZip will walk you through Zipping and storing selected files, optional notifications, and sharing features.
- ENHANCED! Manage file clutter more efficiently
- Set a schedule for WinZip’s Cleaner Tools to find computer, network, or cloud storage files you haven’t used in a while. Then decide if you want to delete, zip, or relocate them. You can even use the new Ignore option to prevent files you don’t want to clean from being flagged. And WinZip Pro and Enterprise users can create custom, filter-based cleaners.
- ENHANCED! Get improved Zip File Performance with Direct Access
- Use WinZip’s Direct Access to bump up cloud-stored Zip file performance by downloading only parts of a file as you need them. The larger the Zip file, the better performance you’ll experience. Direct Access even downloads extra Zip file parts in the background and keeps them ready while you’re choosing files to unzip or view.
- ENHANCED! Switch Easily between Zip and Zipx
- You can now use a simple Ribbon toggle to switch between creating a Zip or Zipx file. And when you’re ready to save, you can choose between saving your file as Zip or Zipx.
- ENHANCED! Enjoy Extended Enterprise cloud support
- WinZip Enterprise users will enjoy expanded Enterprise cloud services. With better control and a better fit for your business in mind, WinZip’s supported cloud services have expanded to include OpenStack and SwiftStack regions and credential files, Alibaba, Wasabi, HP, Oracle, Azure, WebDAV, CenturyLink, IONOS and OVH cloud providers.
Homepage – https://www.winzip.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Mac OS X 10.10 or higher
- Android 4.1 or later
- iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Size: 63.4 MB