No other file compression utility is as easy to use or offers such a comprehensive and innovative feature set to help you save time, conserve space, and improve productivity.
Moreover, you can instantly compress files to conserve storage space, send swifter emails, and decrease file upload/download times. Zip documents, spreadsheets, PDFs, presentations, you name it!
You can quickly zip and unzip files to conserve storage space, speed up e-mail transmission, and reduce download times.
In addition, WinZip offers strong AES encryption for securing sensitive data, the ability to bundle files into convenient, compressed packages, and an automated data backup facility to prevent data loss.
WinZip even supports photo and image compression. Now you can compress your digital photographs and graphic images by 20 to 25% with no loss of photo quality or data integrity. This lets you send pictures faster and fit more on your flash drive, CD/DVD, or hard disk.
- Compress files to save space and reduce transmission times
- Create Zip, LHA, and new Zipx files – the smallest Zip files ever
- Let WinZip select the “best” compression method based on file type to maximize efficiency
- Compress JPEG image files by 20 to 25% with no loss of photo quality or data integrity
- Open and extract from Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, LHA BZ2, CAB, IMG, ISO, and other archive files
- Experience better performance on most files with LZMA compression
- View international characters in filenames through Unicode support
- Create and read Zip files larger than 4GB
- Secure sensitive data with FIPS-197 certified AES encryption (128- and 256-bit)
- Encrypt and decrypt confidential files and email attachments
- Auto-wipe (“shred”) temporarily extracted copies of encrypted files
- Feel safe knowing Auto-wipe uses the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M) standard
- Set password policy by controlling complexity requirements
- Set or disable available encryption methods
- Take advantage of hardware support in certain Intel-based computers for even faster AES encryption
Package and Share:
- Bundle files into zipped packages, creating convenient, logical groups of related files
- Organize and secure email attachments, which transmit faster thanks to smaller file sizes
- See the content of Zip file attachments in Outlook 2013 using the Zip file previewer
- Double click on a file in the Zip file previewer for Outlook 2007 to open it for viewing
- View photos in Zip files without extracting, using WinZip’s internal image viewer
- Resize Photos when using Zip and E-Mail
- Quickly create and send Zip files with one-click “Zip & E-Mail”
- Resize photos from a Zip file when sending by email or to a new Zip file
- Use “Send To” to send new and existing Zip files as e-mail attachments
- Use Save As, Rename, and New Folder commands to easily manage Zip files
- Create Self-Extracting Archives with Self-Extractor Personal Edition
- Split Zip files to make large Zip files fit on removable media
- Use Zip from Camera Wizard to quickly transfer, rotate, and compress photos from supported cameras
Backup / Automate:
- Prevent data loss with automated data backup facility
- Burn back-ups to CD or DVD and automatically split them over multiple discs, if necessary
- Upload your back-ups to an off-site server using WinZip’s internal FTP client
- Create custom jobs to automate routine zip tasks
- Schedule jobs to run automatically and unattended
- Utilize predefined WinZip jobs
- Email, FTP upload, or burn Zip files to disc using Job Wizard
- Email log files upon WinZip job completion
- Utilize WinZip’s command line interface for scripting (free add-on)
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Homepage – https://www.winzip.com
Size: 42.1 MB