Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. Notepad++ supports full drag and drop.
This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘n’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.6.3:
- Add Markdown in zip packages and fix Markdown not working in installer package of v7.6.3.
- Switch from certificate verification to hashes verification due to “Notepad++” is rejected by certification authority.
- Enhance User Defined Language System for supporting more than one UDL file.
- Add “Remove Consecutive Duplicate Lines” feature to remove duplicate consecutive lines from whole document.
- Add new shortcut “shift + scroll” for horizontal scrolling.
- Add Stack Overflow as search engine.
- Add the capacity to rename non-existing document’s tab.
- Fixed file open hang issue in old style mode.
- Fix “Find in files” tab translation issue on initial dialog call.
- Fixed macro playback junk characters display issue on Find dialog.
- Ensure each recorded command is playable before playing to avoid exploit in hacking. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Enhance “Search on Internet” command to avoid command hijacked. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix buffer overrun in Print dialog. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Load nppPluginList.dll as resource instead of binary for the sake of security. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Check Updater’s authenticity before its each launch to prevent from hijacking. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix stack buffer overflow in WordStyle dialog. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix stack buffer overflow issue on User Define Language dialog. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Prevent eventual DLL hijacking while loading plugins. (EURO-FOSSA)
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.5
Homepage – https://notepad-plus-plus.org
Size: 3.40 MB