Notepad++ is a free source code editor (Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. Notepad++ supports full drag and drop.
This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘n’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 8.1.2:
- Make dark mode restartless.
- Activate dark mode in Windows 11.
- Make Notepad++ dark mode colors customizable: add 6 more color tone choices.
- Add customizing dynamically dark mode colors capacity
- Add command line flag -udl=”UDL name” to open a file by applying an existent UDL via its name.
- Use always current file directory in File Rename dialog.
- Fix “Remember last used directory” unexpected behaviour.
- Fix corrupted encoding text on status bar if shortcut assigned to encode command.
- Add a Save all confirm dialog.
- NppExport v0.3
- Converter 4.3
- Mime Tool 2.6
Changes in Notepad++ 8.1.1:
- Fix edit zone not being applied to dark mode issue on another user account in the same machine.
- Enhance dark mode (make user interface more dark-modable).
Changes in Notepad++ 8.1.0:
- Fix regression of auto-completion performance issue.
- Fix Open dialog with “Save” label for “Open” button.
- Fix Notepad++ crash on dark mode while starting up.
- Improve look & feel in dark mode.
- Adapt Tooltips in dark mode.
- Remove white line under menubar in dark mode.
- Make multiline and vertical tabs work in dark mode.
Changes in Notepad++ 8.0.0:
- Add Dark Mode.
- ARM64 build is available.
- One button to build them all – build Notepad++ with Scintilla static lib and Boost RegExpr headers.
- Add new Fluent UI icons for toolbar.
- Add new feature “Distraction Free Mode” (Menu “View->Distraction Free Mode”).
- Add new API NPPM_ADDTOOLBARICON_FORDARKMODE for dark mode.
- Add 1 click action (SHIFT-click) on close button to close all tabs in dockable panel.
- Add ability of changing select text foreground color (optional).
- Allow Replace to stop after replacement (optional).
- Fix append extension feature not working in save dialog.
- Add ability to reverse line order.
- Add ability to style only current instance of text.
- Fix duplicated entries in Auto-Completion pop-up window.
- Fix Python Function List not showing functions in some circumstance.
- Enhance Folder as Workspace performance while adding/removing files in bulk.
- Add Ada, Fortran, Fortran77 & Haskell in function lists.
- Improve performance of “Open all” command in Search results.
- Add “Copy Pathnames” command to Search results context menu.
- Catch regex search exceptions and show exception message.
- Add MarkAll Preference settings for case and word.
- Fix regression: Handle “Default Directory” setting correctly in Open/Save File Dialog.
- Fix a special character in UTF16 file crash issue
- Add “Append extension” checkbox to Save As dialog.
- Fix Copy command in Search result is available as there’s no selection.
- Add padding ability in the edit zone.
- Make new tab name translatable.
- Improve character case handling in RegEx.
- Fix dragged out UDL file is not applied to UDL in the new instance.
- Add command line parameter for adding specified string to app title bar.
- Fix Auto-Completion ignoring case issue.
- Fix “Match Whole Word” option being enabled in RegEx Search.
- Fix sort with column key selection that appears after tab characters.
- Fix “Reload Workspace” menu command not working issue.
- Fix view file in Edge browser failure issue if name contains spaces.
- Add ability to avoid accumulating multiple search results.
- Fix UTF-16 decoding/encoding for code points above U+FFFF.
- Fix “Save As” command removing original path from recent files history issue.
- Fix function List button tool tips mixed up issue.
- Remove Microsoft Bing from search engines for Search on Internet command.
Changes in Notepad++ 7.9.5:
- Fix Notepad++ not starting up due to SaveAsAdmin plugin (for installer package).
- Fix UNC path with quotes handling in folder & file Open/Save dialog.
- Fix file doesn’t save as extension type on Windows 7.
Changes in Notepad++ 7.9.4:
- Upgrade Scintilla from v4.2.0 to v4.4.6.
- Fix DPI scaling broken while dragging Notepad++ into the 2nd monitor regression.
- Add “Find in Projects” feature.
- Fix project workspace changes lost on save cancel issue.
- Fix folder picker not being launched issue because provided directory is invalid.
- Fix network path (UNC path) not working in file dialog.
- Fix shortcut name more than 64 characters makes a menu entry empty name issue.
- Fix extension appending issue in file dialog.
- Fix file not turning to modified state (with Session Manager plugin) bug after its content being changed.
- Add an option to mute all sounds in preferences dialog.
- Make JSON auto-indent for brace.
Homepage – https://notepad-plus-plus.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 3.81 MB