Stardock WindowBlinds is a software that allows users to make your Windows desktop interface uniquely yours! From the start panel to the taskbar, window frames and control buttons, WindowBlinds lets you personalize the visual impact of your Windows desktop.
It works by applying new visual styles, called skins, across the entire user interface (title bars, push buttons, start menu, taskbar, etc.) of the operating system. As a result, users gain complete control over the way Windows looks.
Even with thousands of different visual styles to choose from, you can customize those visual styles as well. WindowBlinds gives you total control over your graphical user interface. It will let you change the color of your Windows GUI, add textures to “Aero” or skins.
Moreover, the program can change your wallpaper, give different windows their own specific look. Also you can choose a new Windows taskbar and Start button.
- Visual Styles. Select from the many skins included with WindowBlinds or choose from thousands of skins available for download at WinCustomize.com
- Alternative Skins. Some skins have multiple sub-styles that can be applied to suit your personal tastes. You can also save your style combinations as presets for quick access later.
- Modify Skins. Personalize any of the default Windows themes or any skins downloaded from WinCustomize.com
- Fonts. Easily change which fonts your skins use.
- Transparency. Make your skins the center of attention or allow them to blend into your backgrounds.
- Colors. WindowBlinds enables instant color changes from its configuration menu.
- Textures. Personalize any skin by applying one of the textures included with WindowBlinds or use one of your own creations.
- Explorer Backgrounds. Customize white explorer windows with unique explorer backgrounds.
- Easy set-up. The simplified configuration menu makes your desktop personalizing quick and intuitive. Instantly preview your selections and adjustments before you apply them to your desktop.
- Presets. Any changes and adjustments you make to a skin can be saved as a preset. Presets enable you to access previous customizations and apply them to a skin quickly.
- Randomized Skins. WindowBlinds enables you to change skins randomly at timed intervals.
- Per application skinning. Choose skins for each of your application types. For example, WindowBlinds enables your word processing software to use a different skin than your design programs.
- Design your own skins. SkinStudio, the powerful companion application for WindowBlinds, is a skin editor that enables you to create your own visual styles. Edit controls, start menu, taskbars, explorer windows, fonts, colors backgrounds and more with SkinStudio.
- Easy to use. Customize only the parts of the Windows GUI you want to change and SkinStudio will do the rest. This level of flexibility makes it easy for inexperienced users to create a great skin quickly. Advanced users can still enjoy designing every aspect of the GUI.
Changes in WindowBlinds 10.82:
- For some skins, the time was not painting correctly or not showing at all
- For some media apps (Windows Media Player for example), the controls were being clipped on taskbar hover preview
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 54.3 MB