pdfFactory is an easy, reliable PDF creation tool from all applications, designed for non-expert users. Anyone can create PDF documents that you can publish on Web sites, emailed, or archived.
PDF files are used to represent printed material electronically. When viewed and printed, they contain all the fonts, graphical information, layout and formatting of an original printed document. Only pdfFactory allows printing to paper or PDF without printing twice.
pdfFactory combines multiple documents into a single PDF. Increases the convenience of document delivery by having a single PDF that contains material from different sources.
Just keep printing documents to pdfFactory and they will automatically be combined. A PDF file you can view on any operating system including macOS, and all Unix variants including Linux.
- Instant PDFs from any software: One-click PDF creation.
- Combine multiple documents into one PDF: Even from multiple sources.
- Rearrange pages using thumbnail view
- Instant preview: Without having to save and open in Acrobat.
- Security: Encrypt and control access to PDF files:
- Font embedding: All original fonts are displayed, even if the reader does not have them.
- Page insertion and deletion: Delete unwanted content before the PDF is created.
- Send via email: eMail PDFs with one click. Copy PDF to clipboard for pasting into an existing email.
- Drag & Drop: Easy integration with Evernote, Gmail and other cloud based facilities.
- Page insertion and deletion: Allows to delete unwanted material before creating the PDF file. This is especially useful when creating PDFs from long reports, email and web pages.
- Send via email: One mouse click sends PDFs through your default email program. Also copies PDF to clipboard for pasting into existing email.
- AutoSave: Saves entire contents of pdfFactory sessions automatically so you can retrieve previously compiled PDFs.
- Live URL Links: Customize links by line type, thickness and color to open Web pages and email addresses with a click of your mouse.
- Easy server deployment: Click here for information on our Server Edition.
pdfFactory Pro includes all of the features in the standard version plus:
- Create PDFs on letterhead
- Add page numbering, headers, footers, watermarks
- Bookmarks and Table of Contents: Automatically or manually create bookmarks to organize and easily navigate complex documents.
- Create table of contents automatically.
- Convert to grayscale.
- PDF/A archiving.
- Add text notes.
- Fill in forms.
- Crop pages.
- Edit text.
- Add multiple signatures and initials with Notes function
- Combine documents into a single PDF and rearrange them.
- Custom Drivers for specific tasks.
- Text highlight, copy and redact.
- Graphic copy, delete, save.
- Convert text to links.
Changes in pdfFactory 7.20 – March 10, 2020:
- fixed bugs that caused Type 1 fonts to be imaged incorrectly
- improved hit-testing for the page popup buttons (Insert, Paste, Rotate, Delete), to reduce unwanted actions caused by accidental clicks
- fixed a bug that caused incorrect redraws when zoomed pages are dragged with the Hand cursor
- Note-related dialogs are now positioned onscreen so that they do not obscure the note being edited (Pro only)
text notes that use Page Tag macros (e.g. ,
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect redraws when a bitmap note’s “Transparent color” dialog was cancelled (Pro only)
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect PDF/A output
- when printing from pdfFactory to another printer, the Windows print job name is now set from the overall pdfFactory session name instead of from the internal spool file job name
- you can now print just selected pages or jobs instead of the entire session by right-clicking on pages in the page display
Changes in pdfFactory 7.17 – February 25, 2020:
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused the “Grayscale” setting to produce incorrect images
Changes in pdfFactory 7.16 – February 15, 2020:
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused missing characters when imaging content that originally came from a PDF file
- the Password edit control on the Jobs tab is now hidden when not in use
- fixed bugs that caused the Bookmarks tree control to function incorrectly (Pro only)
Changes in pdfFactory 7.15 – January 24, 2020:
- fixed a bug that caused some characters to be displayed incorrectly in some cases, e.g. U+2019 Right Single Quotation Mark
- AES encryption is now supported, with key lengths of either 128 or 256 bits. Click here for more information.
Changes in pdfFactory 7.11 – January 2, 2020:
- added a clickable Password Reveal button to show plain text passwords in the Jobs list and Security dialog
- the Security dialog no longer requires passwords to be entered twice
- fixed a bug that caused the PDF conversion status to be stuck at 0% when creating a complex PDF file
- documents with very large custom paper sizes now display correctly
- fixed a bug that caused the currently selected note to scroll offscreen when the page display was zoomed in (Pro only)
Changes in pdfFactory 7.10 – December 5, 2019:
- changing the location of the Autosave folder no longer presents a warning message
- improved the appearance of the Rotate grab handle when a note is selected
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused extra grab handles to be drawn when a note is selected
- improved the appearance of the popup buttons that appear when the mouse is over a corner or edge of a page
Changes in pdfFactory 7.07 – November 15, 2019:
- the “Always save to a unique file name” setting now works correctly when the “Do not show dialog” option is checked
- the “Always save to a unique file name” setting now works correctly with UNC paths
Changes in pdfFactory 7.06 – November 4, 2019:
- fixed a redraw bug that sometimes happened when jobs were deleted while the page display was zoomed
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused selected notes to be drawn with incorrect grab handles
- embedded FP notes containing text that originally came from Adobe Acrobat now preserve the original font face name whenever possible
Changes in pdfFactory 7.05 – October 30, 2019:
- improved performance when printing documents with a large number of pages
- characters in vertical writing are now drawn in the correct orientation in accordance with the Unicode 12.1.0 standard
- fixed a bug that caused extraneous black rectangles to appear in the page image
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused unusually large output when scrolling through the page display
- fixed redraw problems involving rotated text notes
- fixed a crash that sometimes happened when snapshotted content is detached or moved (Pro only)
Changes in pdfFactory 7.03 – September 24, 2019:
- fixed failures that sometimes happened when printing from FinePrint to pdfFactory
- improved performance and file size when sections of large bitmaps are copied and pasted (Pro only)
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused rotated text to be imaged incorrectly
Changes in pdfFactory 7.02 – August 8, 2019:
- fixed a bug that prevented Snapshot notes from being copied and pasted as bitmaps (Pro only)
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused lines and shapes to be drawn at slightly incorrect locations
What’s New in pdfFactory 7:
- New toolbar which can be resized for use with larger monitors.
- Program font and size can be selected to enhance readability.
- New tooltip appearance for greater clarity.
- New user interface dialog box centralizes previously hidden options.
- Improved overall performance.
- Windows 2019 Server support
Homepage – https://www.fineprint.com
Workstation Edition works on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Server Edition works on Citrix, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016.
Size: 11.0 MB