Print double sided on any printer, print on your own electronic letterhead, and create new documents by combining your print jobs together. Reduce paper, ink and printer costs by at least 30% with this award-winning printer utility.
FinePrint saves you money on paper and toner, weight in your briefcase, and time and hassle in managing your print jobs.The program also features universal print previewer, deleting unwanted pages, converting to grayscale, removing blank pages, removing unwanted text and images, printing multiple pages on a single sheet, archiving print jobs.
There are many ways to reduce paper consumption in an organization. Two of the most common are duplex printing, and multi-up printing. These methods can be effective but are not optimal.
Printing on both sides of the paper (called duplexing) using special duplexing hardware can reduce the amount of paper used and it is fully supported by FinePrint. However, duplexing has some drawbacks:
- It requires special hardware that is not available for all printers.
- The user must specifically ask for duplexing service via the printer driver which an often cumbersome task.
- Duplexing takes more time than printing two single sheets of paper because of the longer paper path and complicated mechanics of duplex devices.
- Printers jams are more common in duplex printers which may require the use of heavier paper stock.
Some printers have printer drivers that can print multiple pages on a sheet. Multi-up printing as it is called, is an excellent way to save paper as it reduces paper and toner use, speeds up the printing process and causes less wear and tear on printers. Surprisingly, these drivers are underutilized because:
- Each printer brand and model has a different method and user interface for the multi-up function.
- Multi-up functions are hidden within the printer driver and are inconvenient to access
- No preview feature is available to determine if the material will be readable in different multi-up formats.
- The user must remember to reset the multi-up setting when single page printing is desired. Forgetting to do so often leads to reprinting, wasting more paper and time.
FinePrint supports duplex printing on all printers but emphasizes the multi-up printing method as the preferred mode. This makes FinePrint an ideal solution for the following reasons:
- Single printer driver provides advanced functions for all printers eliminating the training problem associated with multiple user interfaces presented by different manufacturer drivers.
- Print preview window appears for each print job. This makes it easy to determine the best layout for the particular content being printed.
- Bypass button goes straight to printer with a single click in cases where no additional formatting is desired.
- Server edition eases installation across workstations.
FinePrint other features that increase efficiency beyond multi up printing:
- Jobs can be previewed and printed on electronic versions of company letterhead and forms. This eliminates the need to purchase pre-printed forms and enforces company graphical standards.
- Multiple jobs can be batched together as a single print job which eliminates the problem of having jobs interspersed with those of others.
- Unwanted pages from email and web pages can be deleted before printing
What’s New in FinePrint 11.22:
- bug fixes for PDF files containing bitmaps that use non-RGB color spaces
- fixed a bug that caused failures when handling large numbers of incoming print jobs
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused thin gridlines to be missing
- fixed a bug that caused incorrect output when printing complex content to Postscript printers
- fixed errors when opening PDF files that use ICC-based color spaces
- fixed a bug that caused missing text when opening some PDF files
What’s New in FinePrint 11.21:
- fixed bugs that caused errors with PDF files that use masked or transparent images
- fixed bugs that caused incorrect or missing text with PDF files that use TrueType or OpenType CFF fonts
- fixed a bug that caused a silent crash when opening some PDF files
- fixed a bug that caused incorrect images with PDF files that use JPEG2000 compression
- improved rendering performance with documents that contain very complex line art
- PDF files that use indexed CalRGB bitmaps are now imaged correctly
What’s New in FinePrint 11.20:
- fixed a bug that caused failures when opening PDF files that contain corrupt TrueType fonts
- usability improvements when adding, deleting, or changing items in list controls (e.g. the Jobs list, Notes list, etc)
- performance improvements when working with very large FP or PDF files
What’s New in FinePrint 11.18:
- Fixed bugs when rendering complex layered or masked content
What’s New in FinePrint 11.17:
- Fixed bugs that caused missing or incorrect output when rendering PDF patterns
- Fixed bugs that caused incorrect text spacing when opening PDF files that use CID-keyed fonts
What’s New in FinePrint 11.16:
- fixed bugs that caused missing or incorrect text output when opening PDF files
- fixed a crash when opening PDF files that contain CMYK bitmaps using JPEG2000 compression
- the desktop icon is no longer recreated after being deleted
What’s New in FinePrint 11.15:
- fixed a bug that caused failures when printing PDF files that contain corrupt TrueType fonts
- fixed a bug that caused missing output when opening PDF files that use complex transformations
- fixed a bug that caused uneven borders when printing tables from Word
- added support for the /Separation/DeviceGray color space when opening PDF files
What’s New in FinePrint 11.12:
- PDF files that use JPEG2000 or JBIG2 compression are now opened correctly
- fixed a bug that caused pattern brushes to be displayed or printed incorrectly
- fixed a bug that caused pages to be incorrectly sized or cropped when opening PDF files
- fixed a GetFontData bug that sometimes happened when opening PDF files
What’s New in FinePrint 11.11:
- improved Document Properties command (Ctrl+D, Settings\Document Properties, or double-click on a job in the Jobs list)
- fixed various bugs when imaging bitmaps from opened PDF files
- fixed a bug that caused failures when opening very large PDF files
- fixed a bug that caused an “Invalid file format” error when opening some PDF files
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused text in PDF files to be incorrectly spaced, rotated, or italicized
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused failures when opening PDF files that use OpenType CFF fonts with nonstandard encodings
- fixed a bug that prevented 32-bpp bitmaps from printing
What’s New in FinePrint 11:
- Opens PDF files directly without printing
- Enhanced colors throughout the product
- Faster performance
- Desktop icon for easy opening of PDF and FP files
- Letterheads can be assigned to paper trays
- Ability to use as the default PDF viewer
Homepage – https://fineprint.com
Workstation Edition works on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Server Edition works on Citrix, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022.