Print double sided on any printer, print on your own electronic letterhead, and create new documents by combining your print jobs together. Reduce paper, ink and printer costs by at least 30% with this award-winning printer utility.
FinePrint saves you money on paper and toner, weight in your briefcase, and time and hassle in managing your print jobs.The program also features universal print previewer, deleting unwanted pages, converting to grayscale, removing blank pages, removing unwanted text and images, printing multiple pages on a single sheet, archiving print jobs.
There are many ways to reduce paper consumption in an organization. Two of the most common are duplex printing, and multi-up printing. These methods can be effective but are not optimal.
Printing on both sides of the paper (called duplexing) using special duplexing hardware can reduce the amount of paper used and it is fully supported by FinePrint. However, duplexing has some drawbacks:
- It requires special hardware that is not available for all printers.
- The user must specifically ask for duplexing service via the printer driver which an often cumbersome task.
- Duplexing takes more time than printing two single sheets of paper because of the longer paper path and complicated mechanics of duplex devices.
- Printers jams are more common in duplex printers which may require the use of heavier paper stock.
Some printers have printer drivers that can print multiple pages on a sheet. Multi-up printing as it is called, is an excellent way to save paper as it reduces paper and toner use, speeds up the printing process and causes less wear and tear on printers. Surprisingly, these drivers are underutilized because:
- Each printer brand and model has a different method and user interface for the multi-up function.
- Multi-up functions are hidden within the printer driver and are inconvenient to access
- No preview feature is available to determine if the material will be readable in different multi-up formats.
- The user must remember to reset the multi-up setting when single page printing is desired. Forgetting to do so often leads to reprinting, wasting more paper and time.
FinePrint supports duplex printing on all printers but emphasizes the multi-up printing method as the preferred mode. This makes FinePrint an ideal solution for the following reasons:
- Single printer driver provides advanced functions for all printers eliminating the training problem associated with multiple user interfaces presented by different manufacturer drivers.
- Print preview window appears for each print job. This makes it easy to determine the best layout for the particular content being printed.
- Bypass button goes straight to printer with a single click in cases where no additional formatting is desired.
- Server edition eases installation across workstations.
FinePrint other features that increase efficiency beyond multi up printing:
- Jobs can be previewed and printed on electronic versions of company letterhead and forms. This eliminates the need to purchase pre-printed forms and enforces company graphical standards.
- Multiple jobs can be batched together as a single print job which eliminates the problem of having jobs interspersed with those of others.
- Unwanted pages from email and web pages can be deleted before printing
What’s New in FinePrint 11.31:
- fixed a bug that caused vertical text to be displayed incorrectly
What’s New in FinePrint 11.30:
- fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when editing printer settings in the Settings dialog
- bug fixes for the Server Edition Licensing tab
- when multiple servers are present, you can now change the Server Edition license server by right-clicking on the server in the Licensing tab server list
What’s New in FinePrint 11.39:
- fixed a crash that occurred when working with some documents whose file names contain non-alphabetic characters
- fixed a crash that occurred when imaging some bitmaps
What’s New in FinePrint 11.36:
- Minor bug fixes
What’s New in FinePrint 11.35:
- Fixed a bug that caused the Save As Text command to fail without creating any output
What’s New in FinePrint 11.33:
- fixed a bug that caused incorrect text output when printing to Postscript printers
- fixed bugs that caused missing text when opening some PDF files
What’s New in FinePrint 11.32:
- performance improvements
- improved image quality when compressing bitmaps
What’s New in FinePrint 11:
- Opens PDF files directly without printing
- Enhanced colors throughout the product
- Faster performance
- Desktop icon for easy opening of PDF and FP files
- Letterheads can be assigned to paper trays
- Ability to use as the default PDF viewer
Homepage – https://fineprint.com
Workstation Edition works on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Server Edition works on Citrix, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022.