With PaperScan you can control any scanner (TWAIN or WIA) including network scanners, cameras or acquisition cards via one simple click. All capabilities are automatically handled and negotiated by PaperScan.
It is simply universal while most of the scanning applications are dedicated to one scanner or one protocol. You can import any image/ PDF files in PaperScan, arrange them in any imaginable singlepage/ multipage configuration, perform a wide range of image adjustments/ enhancements.
You can annotate your documents with sticky notes, rubber stamps, highlighter or arrows. Furthermore, you can save your work in various file formats including JPEG, TIFF, PDF and JBIG2.
- Universal Scanning Application
- Automatic Color Detection
- Import Images and PDF documents
- Image Adjustments and Enhancements
- Various File Formats Saving
- Batch Scanning Support
- Quick-Scan Mode
The Professional Edition is the most complete Edition providing professional end-users with all features needed in document (image and PDF) acquisition, processing and efficient storage domains.
- Save as single page PDF/A, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, JBIG2.
- Unlimited batch TWAIN and WIA scanning / import.
- Save as multipage TIFF, JBIG2 and PDF/A.
- Save as PDF/OCR.
- Image processing during batch acquisition: auto-deskew, angle rotation, borders removal, punch holes removal, negative.
- Automatic blank page removal.
- Post Image Processing: color adjustment, color space conversion, effects, filters, crop and more…
- Automatic color detection.
- Annotation support.
- PDF Encryption support (read and write).
- Flatbed and document feeder support.
- Duplex scanning support.
Changes in PaperScan 184.108.40.206 (April 23, 2019):
- Improved global performances.
- Dramatically improved the MRC engine.
- Battery of minor bug fixes.