Nitro Pro gives you everything you need to create, convert, edit, sign, and share standard PDF files. It’s simple, straightforward, and intuitive to use. So you can work more productively, your way.
The software allows you to share your files with others. No matter what platform or device they’re on, and Nitro Productivity Suite makes conversion easy.
Convert one or more files to PDF with just a click or two. Reuse and repurpose PDF-based content with greater accuracy. Share files with the peace of mind, knowing almost anyone on almost any machine can open, view, and review – every time.
With Nitro Pro’s industry-leading conversion technology and array of extraction tools you can easily repurpose text and images from reports, presentations, and more for reuse in any other application.
Directly edit your PDF files more easily. Just click, and edit. Nitro Pro 12 enables you to edit entire paragraphs with ease, automatically reflowing text as you type – like you would in a word processor.
Nitro Pro is the complete Adobe Acrobat alternative. It enables you to do more with PDF through powerful tools. Create, convert, edit, combine, secure, annotate, form-fill, and save 100% industry-standard PDF files. Recipient of multiple best product awards, Nitro Pro is specifically designed for the business user. That makes working with PDF faster and easier than ever before!
Nitro Pro FEATURES:
- Create – Create universally compatible PDFs that can be opened and viewed with any PDF solution.
- Edit – Add, delete, and modify text and images in multiple windows at once; insert, extract, and rotate pages; and copy/paste text into Word or Office files.
- Convert – Now with faster conversion speeds, Nitro converts any PDF to and from Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on your desktop, tablet, or phone.
- Combine – Merge PDFs or other document types into a single, searchable PDF that’s simple to share and view.
- Review – Fully trackable commenting, annotation, markup, and version control enable seamless review and collaboration.
- Sign – Nitro’s updated signing experience allows you to apply and request electronic signatures anytime, anywhere on any desktop or tablet.
- Protect – Set user permissions, prevent unauthorized copying, editing, and printing with password protection, and rest assured with advanced 256-bit encryption.
- Whiteout + Redaction – White out text and images for easy editing and form filling, or redact text and images to permanently delete all hidden data.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) – Nitro’s improved OCR performance turns document scans into searchable, editable PDFs with greater detail and accuracy in document colors, layout, and design.
- CAD-compatibility – Work with high-quality CAD (Computer-Aided Design) drawings in PDF, including exporting to PDF from Revit, AutoCAD, and Microstation.
- Compare – Easily spot discrepancies and analyze differences in text and images when comparing two versions of a file.
- Integrations – Integrations with Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box ensure quick, easy access to your cloud-based documents.
- Send secure, legally binding eSignatures in seconds
- Securely share documents via link or email
- Review and markup documents online
- The list of appropriate file types, when creating a new pdf from file, has been corrected for all languages.
- Some of our OCR capabilities were not working as expected using certain scanners. During the investigation we found that some of the OCR settings were hard-coded into the application and had no effect on the output. We re-enabled and developed the missing functionalities and OCR settings now have the desired effects on the output.
- We fixed a critical issue using Japanese or Chinese language packs while apply OCR on a document. This issue was a regression from 13.33.
Azure Information Protection
In this version of Nitro Pro we improved Nitro Pro stability around the Azure Information Protection integration. Some users experienced crashes when starting Nitro Pro with Classificaiton and Labeling enabled. By updating to the latest MIP SDK version, we addressed:
- Single time crashes when opening a PDF document from Windows Explorer while Nitro Pro is not running
- Endless crashing when starting Nitro Pro after the application was shut down ungracefully.
We improved reliability around check out iManage document:
- When a user creates a new version of the iManage document, we ensure that the original version of the document becomes available on the server (not checked out anymore).
- A password protected document remains available (not checked out) on the server if the password validations fails in Nitro Pro (e.g. the user entered an invalid password or cancelled the password request)
General stability and reliability improvements
We fixed a few crashes that the users experienced when opening the following PDF documents:
- Malicious PDFs
- Documents with XFA forms that perform actions on the document opening
Changes in Nitro Pro 188.8.131.525 (March 4, 2021):
- In this release we enhanced the ability to seamlessly resume working with Nitro Pro after a computer has been awakened from sleep mode.
- Grayscale printing has been modernized and re-released in this version of Nitro Pro, completing an important ask from many Enterprise customers.
- Error reporting capabilities have been improved with this release of Nitro Pro.
- This version of Nitro Pro shows improvements to the handling of transparent images when documents are being converted using PDF/A-1.
- The installer for this new version of Nitro Pro includes Notarius certification, meaning signatures applied using Nitro Sign can now be properly recognized and validated within Nitro Pro. This is a great benefit to customers using both Nitro Pro and Nitro Sign.
- Nitro Pro’s redaction precision has been enhanced with this release. All marked areas will be radacted and the black redaction box will be accurately applied, addressing previous intermittency with this feature.
Azure Information Protection
- Support for classified documents located in remote storages has been improved; now users can also save classified documents to SharePoint.
- Nitro Pro now remembers the Classification and Labeling settings, eliminating the need for users to re-enable it each time Nitro Pro is upgraded.
- This version includes enhancements to the user experience when working with classified documents; now, the user is always notified about a document’s classification label.
Changes in Nitro Pro 184.108.40.2065 (January 19, 2021):
- In older versions of Nitro Pro, some users found that words would be hidden in documents converted from PDF to Word. This update provides a new feature during document conversions to always round down to the closest .25 font size number. This option can be accessed via Nitro Pro Preferences → Conversion → Word & Rich Text → Tables. The new option, “Use lower threshold and adjust font size to display maximum content” is unchecked by default.
- Users of this new version will see significant improvements in behavior when editing text in documents with tabulators. Formatting should now respect the original arrangement of the text. This improvement is especially helpful when editing footers.
- This release includes improvements to Nitro Pro’s reliability when working with Nitro Sign, in particular when requesting a signature and when saving documents to Nitro Sign.
- The Azure Information Protection integration has been enhanced and now allows users to save classified documents on a SharePoint 2013/2016 server.
- The Nitro Pro IE plugin now allows users to access any web-located RMS-protected content directly in Internet Explorer.
- Nitro Pro’s iManage integration is now more reliable when saving a copy of the iManage document to other DMS storage locations. The original file becomes available (no longer checked out) as soon as its copy is saved to the new storage location, so there is no need to unlock the document manually.
Changes in Nitro Pro 220.127.116.115 (December 7, 2020):
- Crispness of the Print Preview dialog and left-hand panels have been further improved on screens with a high DPS scale setting.
- Significant improvements have been made when saving documents (Save and Save As) over slow networks.
- Editing annotations created in third-party applications should not result in any significant shifts in the text.
Nitro Pro now supports iManage documents for which name or location (matter or folder) contains non-standard characters. Such documents can now be opened from the web client or Outlook Work Panel and will respect the iManage workflow:
- The changes to such documents can be saved and synced with the server
- The document will be checked in as soon as it is closed
- Alfresco integration and support have been removed from this version of Nitro Pro.
- Enhancements have been made to the “edit and save” functionality when working with RMS-protected documents in Nitro Pro.
Changes in Nitro Pro 18.104.22.1687 (November 11, 2020):
- Reliability when closing Nitro Pro has been improved, reducing the likelihood of crashes.
- Further enhancements to DPI scaling were made, resulting in a crisper UI on high definition displays.
- Significant improvements have been made in the area of PDF/A validation where documents contain transparent images.
Changes in Nitro Pro 22.214.171.1246 (October 29, 2020):
- This release of Nitro Pro includes a new feature that enables users to summarize and export all comments from a PDF to Word.
- Users working on screens with high resolutions and high DPI scaling will notice that documents are rendered sharper and the Nitro Pro UI appears more crisply defined. Improvements are especially noticeable in the 125% to 150% scale range.
- Rendering improvements on documents scanned using Zetafax PDF Conversion Library have been made with this release.
- Significant performance improvements impact how quickly documents are opened and processed.
- Users will now see a confirmation message when a file splitting operation is successful.
- Nitro Pro’s startup time on protected networks has been greatly enhanced.
- Conversion to PDF/A has been restructured and users will no longer experience any end of life warning when compliance is validated.
- Users will now receive enhanced information while printing over RDP.
- Working with iManage documents is now more stable—expired sessions reconnect silently, allowing the user to continue working and check the document in to iManage without breaking connection with the server.
- When splitting a file by page number, the resulting file will utilize the correct page numbers.
- We have updated our Bugsplat Policy with this release of Nitro Pro.
Changes in Nitro Pro 126.96.36.1995 (September 28, 2020):
User Experience Enhancements
- Digital Signature notifications are now more accurate after validation. A green checkmark icon will appear next to a digital signature after it has been validated.
- Improvements have been made to how Nitro Pro renders AutoCAD files resulting in better accuracy.
- Improvements have been made to how Nitro Pro handles print jobs on virtual environments. Multiple users can now send print jobs concurrently.
- Improvements have been made to the ‘Save As’ operation when saving documents to remote locations, resulting in smaller file sizes.
- A new feature has been added to the document split function. Documents can now be split by file size.
Hyperlink Conversion Improvements
- Several improvements have been made to improve accuracy when detecting hyperlinks in documents, including:
- Hyperlinks which consists of 3 lines or more will now be detected.
- Conversion speed has been improved.
Changes in Nitro Pro 188.8.131.527 (September 1, 2020):
- Improvements have been made to “Save As” operation resulting in reduced file size.
- Several security vulnerabilities have been resolved in Nitro Pro.
- Stability improvements have been made in the following areas to reduce the likelihood of crashes:
- When working with Adobe Live Cycle Documents
- When replacing pages in a document
User experience enhancements
- Accessibility option under the ‘Help’ tab is now available for all documents, including signed and secured files.
- Improvements have been made to thumbnails when adjusting the zoom level resulting in better accuracy.
Changes in Nitro Pro 184.108.40.2064 (July 27, 2020):
- Nitro Pro has made improvements in forms. When merging documents with data in form fields, the resulting combined document will now capture all form field data.
- General stability improvements have been made to reduce the likelihood of Nitro Pro crashes.
- Improvements have been made to the bookmarks function:
- When a user is converting a document from MS Excel via Office Add-ons, a bookmark for each page will be created.
- When splitting a document, only relevant bookmarks are retained in the split document.
- Improvements have been made to the Detailed list when combining documents. In some cases, an error would appear when changing a default view to Detailed list when combining files from multiple storage providers, such as Box and Dropbox.
- Nitro Pro has made some improvements to how PDF files—that were created using Auto CAD—are rendered. In some cases, not all elements such as tables were displayed. The issue has been resolved and PDF files created with Auto CAD are now displayed correctly.
- Improvements have been made to keyboard shortcuts, enabling users to work with Nitro Pro more conveniently.
- In some cases, Nitro Pro would render images with incorrect colors. The issue has now been resolved and accurate colors will be displayed.
- In some cases, font titles were missing when adding annotations, like a text box or call out tools. The issue has been resolved and font titles are visible.
- In some cases, when converting emails to PDF via Office Add-on in Outlook, some additional folders were created in My Documents. The issue has been resolved and no additional folders are being created when converting emails.
- Nitro Pro has made improvements to how it handles hyperlinks with various use cases:
- Now it will open documents from internal hyperlinks directly within the application. The document will open in a new tab.
- If a hyperlink within a document is linked to another section of the same document, Nitro Pro will now move to the correct section of that document.
- Nitro Pro now has an ability to set custom distance for recognizing new paragraphs. Users have an option to manually overwrite the number of pixels required for the new paragraph to be recognized. This can be set in Nitro Pro preferences via Editing.
Azure Information Protection
- Nitro Pro now allows users to work with documents protected by Azure Information Protection and stored on remote storages like SharePoint.
- Improvements have been made to user experience when working with digital signatures and documents protected by Microsoft’s Azure Information Protection:
- The user is notified about restricted actions when trying to apply a digital signature or certificate to the protected document.
- The user can apply a digital signature/certificate to the PPDF document.
- Nitro Pro is now stabilized when working with documents classified by Azure Information Protection.
- There was an issue with Azure Information Protection permissions on a document. This has now been fixed.
- Improvements were made to user experience with Security Panel:
- The user does not need to restart Nitro Pro to update the list of available labels after login.
- Improved messages for users without published policy.
- he notification issue for classified documents has now been fixed.
- Improved toolbar UX for a logged-in user.
- Users are now allowed to skip the login option.
- Improved reader mode UX.
- Improved login box stability.
- Various features are now enabled for Reader mode.
- The About dialog has been pared back for NLS mode.
- NOTE: NLS Features are not yet available on default builds.
Changes in Nitro Pro 220.127.116.11 (September 24, 2019):
System Tray Application Enhancements
The System Tray App has been refreshed with a more modern UI for an improved user experience. Additional enhancements help Nitro Pro users onboard quicker and easier. These include:
- The Discover Tab, which offers guides to Nitro Pro’s top workflows
- One-click access to Recent Documents
- Shortcuts to the Nitro User Guide and Nitro Cloud’s eSigning and sharing workflows
Another new addition to the System Tray App is Nitro’s Environmental Impact Score, which illustrates how the use of Nitro Pro drives environmental sustainability. The Environmental Impact Score presents information, like the number of trees saved and average number of pages not printed, over a period of time for each user. This new feature will help Nitro users become more aware of how activities like printing negatively impact the environment and how using Nitro instead can produce positive change.
This new feature enables users to add a collection of tools to a customizable ribbon tab in Nitro Pro. Especially helpful for users who complete the same processes every day, the Customize Tab gives users a place to group tools together based on their workflow needs. Users can also rename the tab to reflect their use case; for example, “Legal Review Tools” or “Purchase Orders”.
Nitro Pro Home Screen
To help users kickstart their workflows, the new Home screen in Nitro Pro appears on opening to provide quick access to helpful tools and resources:
- Create PDF so users can quickly open any supported document type as a PDF in Nitro Pro
- Create and Combine so users can combine multiple documents of any supported file type into one PDF
- How-to Guides that help familiarize users with Nitro Pro’s top five workflows
- Recent Document so users have quick access to the files they’ve recently worked with
- Pinned Documents so users can reference important or frequently used documents with one click
- Find Documents so users can quickly search through Recent and Pinned documents
- This release includes improvements to the rendering of form elements, such as checkboxes, to support compatibility with other PDF readers.
- Various bug fixes, stability, and security improvements have been built into the release.
- Occasionally, some users experienced a reboot upon deployment of Nitro Pro in enterprise environments. Administrators are advised to use a /norestart when deploying Nitro Pro in an enterprise environment.
Nitro Pro 12 New and Improved Features:
- Convert with greater accuracy. When converting PDF to Excel and PowerPoint, you’ll now enjoy more precise accuracy, faster results, and increased consistency in content, images, layout, colors, and fonts.
- Seamlessly transition from desktop to cloud. The new Nitro Cloud integration enhances collaboration by equipping every Nitro Pro user with eSignature tools and the ability to quickly share documents via the cloud.
- Access and share files quicker. The new OneDrive for Business connector enables you to save your PDFs directly to OneDrive. That makes it easy to create and share access links with colleagues.
- Get creative with CAD. The compatibility of Nitro Pro with high-quality CAD drawings enables you to work with everything from blueprints to 3D models within your PDFs.
- Skip the printer. Replace printing with more efficient, cost-effective digital workflows by leveraging Print Alternatives, which suggest Nitro features to use instead of printing when you open the print dialog box.
- Multitask easier. Modify PDFs in fewer steps with the ability to drag-and-drop text and images between multiple open windows.
- Get your documents signed faster. The new single-signer workflow makes it simple to prepare a PDF in Nitro Pro. Then send your document to a recipient via Nitro Cloud for fast, easy signature collection and real-time workflow tracking.
- Verify digital signatures with simplicity. Chain of Trust support automates the identification of trusted contacts for quicker validation of digital signatures you receive.
Homepage – https://www.gonitro.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 215 MB