Hybrid is a multi platform (Linux, macOS, Windows) converter, based frontend for a bunch of other tools. It can convert nearly every input to x264, x265, Xvid, VP9 …. Also ac3, ogg, mp3, aac, flac inside an mp4, m2ts, mkv, webm, mov, avi container, a Blu-ray or an AVCHD structure.
Hybrid bundles multiple video processing utilities into a single package. It enables you to convert multiple file types into various multimedia formats. Moreover, it can perform tagging and muxing operations and automate common tasks.
One of the main advantages of Hybrid is related to the range of supported formats. It can handle VC-1 and AVC raw input, along with all the other file types that mplayer and ffmpeg can decode. Also supports x264, Xvid, VP8, x265 and ProRes as output.
The integrated video encoder can handle multiple encoding modes. Each with specific parameters, such as bitrate, constant rate factors and so on. Moreover it provides compatiblity with various containers, including Blu-ray discs or a AVCHD. In addition, you can use audio extraction function for generate MP3, OGG, AAC, FLAC, AC3, DTS and other similar formats.
Hybrid comes with lots of configuration options for more advanced users. You can modify the encoding mode, adjust the bitrate, set the tune and the entropy coding mode. Furthermore you can resize loaded images, change its aspect ratio, crop images manually. Or allow the application to perform this operation for you with ‘auto crop’ function.
In addition to this, it features filtering capabilities, helping you enhance the quality of your multimedia files prior to encoding. Among the available options you can find deinterlacing, telecine, color adjusting, sharpening, denoising, horizontal and vertical deblocking, temporal noise reducing and many more.
Hybrid’s general feature list:
- Extensive ability to configure x264s setting (with dependency checks)
- Ability to configure x265s setting.
- Tagging support for mkv, mp4, mov.
- Chapter support for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Subtitle suppot for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Separated audio-, video-, filter profiles, audio and video combi profiles.
- Integrated bitrate calculator.
- Accepts vc-1 and avc raw input.
- Manual and automatic creation and pass-through of chapters.
- Ability to encode single title/chapters.
- aac, mp3, ac3, ogg, flac, dts, pcm audio encoding with dcaenc, mencoder, ffmpeg, aften and different aac encoders.
- Supported AAC encoders: qaac, fdk, faac, fhg, neroaacenc, vo-aacenc.
- Filtering through mencoder (+ some resize automation) or avisynth.
- Acceptable Input: avs and everything that mplayer, ffmpeg can decode
- Supported video output formats: MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264, qsvencc). VP8/VP9 (vpxenc), ProRes (ffmpeg). MPEG-4 HEVC (x265, kvazaar, DivX265), FFV1 (ffmpeg). UT video (ffmpeg), FFvHuff (ffmpeg).
- Supported audio output formats: dts, ac3, ogg vorbis, mp3, aac, flac, pcm, opus, pass-through
- Supported containers: mov, mp4, mkv, m2ts, webm, avi. Blu-ray or a AVCHD structure
- Audio/video pass-through -> can be used for muxing, tagging, chapter editing
- A lot of option to automate stuff
The application can process subtitles and perform tagging operations for video, audio and subtitle streams,. The integrated chapter editor can be of assistance in adjusting the chapter names and edit the video structure. For your convenience, Hybrid includes a job scheduling section that helps you automate various tasks.
- jobs: unwarrented warning about ‘You are creating a job without audio, while the input has audio!’ during batch processing
- ffmpeg: tonemap sd range missing
- Avisynth: amDCT Prefetch missing
- Muxing: Mp4Box + chapters + Parallel subjob processing
- NVEnc: ‘Parallel subjob processing’ + keyfile caused crash
- Vapoursynth: LSFMod options matching code (missed version)
- Avisynth: NNEDI3Resize missing prescreen mode 0
- x26X: parallel subjob processing .mbtree-system cleanup triggered too early
- Muxing: MP4Box ‘flattening’-call handling
- jobs: Subjobs that took longer to delete
- ffnvenc: bsf written
- Vapoursynth: rotation handling
- VP9: color space grayed initially out
- NVEnc: file size calculation adjustment
- Subtitle: subtitle order mixup
- filtering: ‘Force 4:4:4 downsize’ with ‘no XSynth’
- Avisynth: LSMASHVideoSource + hight bit depth source
- Vaporoursynth: MCDegrainSharp, libmvtools dependency
- jobs: show fps when mencoder is used
- muxing: cosmetic glitch caused ffmpeg for ts muxing to be disabled
- jobs: mencoder getting stuck on mencoder job
- jobs: mencoder progress indication during Xvid encoding
- jobs: Abort subjob processing if another subjob is aborted/postponed/stopped/…
- Vapoursynth: default filter order (rotation before resize)
- Avisynth: use Prefetch() with “cpu count / 2” instead of “cpu count” when MT-Threads is set to 0
- mencoder: use fractions when specifiying ofps
- muxing: added ‘insertSEI, contSPS’ to tsMuxeR muxing call
- filtering: ‘rotate’ ‘auto’ option
- Avisynth: MvToolsFPSmod
- Vapoursynth: added TimeCube to apply LUTs for Color Correction
- Avisynth: MCDegrainSharp
Homepage – http://www.selur.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Linux