Hybrid is a multi platform (Linux, macOS, Windows) converter, based frontend for a bunch of other tools. It can convert nearly every input to x264, x265, Xvid, VP9 …. Also ac3, ogg, mp3, aac, flac inside an mp4, m2ts, mkv, webm, mov, avi container, a Blu-ray or an AVCHD structure.
Hybrid bundles multiple video processing utilities into a single package. It enables you to convert multiple file types into various multimedia formats. Moreover, it can perform tagging and muxing operations and automate common tasks.
One of the main advantages of Hybrid is related to the range of supported formats. It can handle VC-1 and AVC raw input, along with all the other file types that mplayer and ffmpeg can decode. Also supports x264, Xvid, VP8, x265 and ProRes as output.
The integrated video encoder can handle multiple encoding modes. Each with specific parameters, such as bitrate, constant rate factors and so on. Moreover it provides compatiblity with various containers, including Blu-ray discs or a AVCHD. In addition, you can use audio extraction function for generate MP3, OGG, AAC, FLAC, AC3, DTS and other similar formats.
Hybrid comes with lots of configuration options for more advanced users. You can modify the encoding mode, adjust the bitrate, set the tune and the entropy coding mode. Furthermore you can resize loaded images, change its aspect ratio, crop images manually. Or allow the application to perform this operation for you with ‘auto crop’ function.
In addition to this, it features filtering capabilities, helping you enhance the quality of your multimedia files prior to encoding. Among the available options you can find deinterlacing, telecine, color adjusting, sharpening, denoising, horizontal and vertical deblocking, temporal noise reducing and many more.
Hybrid’s general feature list:
- Extensive ability to configure x264s setting (with dependency checks)
- Ability to configure x265s setting.
- Tagging support for mkv, mp4, mov.
- Chapter support for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Subtitle suppot for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Separated audio-, video-, filter profiles, audio and video combi profiles.
- Integrated bitrate calculator.
- Accepts vc-1 and avc raw input.
- Manual and automatic creation and pass-through of chapters.
- Ability to encode single title/chapters.
- aac, mp3, ac3, ogg, flac, dts, pcm audio encoding with dcaenc, mencoder, ffmpeg, aften and different aac encoders.
- Supported AAC encoders: qaac, fdk, faac, fhg, neroaacenc, vo-aacenc.
- Filtering through mencoder (+ some resize automation) or avisynth.
- Acceptable Input: avs and everything that mplayer, ffmpeg can decode
- Supported video output formats: MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264, qsvencc). VP8/VP9 (vpxenc), ProRes (ffmpeg). MPEG-4 HEVC (x265, kvazaar, DivX265), FFV1 (ffmpeg). UT video (ffmpeg), FFvHuff (ffmpeg).
- Supported audio output formats: dts, ac3, ogg vorbis, mp3, aac, flac, pcm, opus, pass-through
- Supported containers: mov, mp4, mkv, m2ts, webm, avi. Blu-ray or a AVCHD structure
- Audio/video pass-through -> can be used for muxing, tagging, chapter editing
- A lot of option to automate stuff
The application can process subtitles and perform tagging operations for video, audio and subtitle streams,. The integrated chapter editor can be of assistance in adjusting the chapter names and edit the video structure. For your convenience, Hybrid includes a job scheduling section that helps you automate various tasks.
- Vapoursynth: Anime4KCPP when using GPU
- Vapoursynth: limit Santiag Pcsnr when using GPU
- Avisynth: limit SplineResize100/144 to YV12, YUY2, RGB24, RGB32
- Avisynth: FrameRateConverter custom fps grayed out
- Avisynth: interlaced handling
- General: aborting close didn’t work
- Communication: send ssl mail
- General: some more cut handling
- Jobs: MPEG-4 ASP workaround
- Jobs: tsMuxeR output file checks
- Tools: BDSup2Sub++ detection
- Video: x264 apply to preset
- Audio: ac3 reencoding
- Video: 2pass vpx/aomenc encoding
- Analysis: mpeg audio layer 1/2/3 detection
- General: gui error/freeze when extration of subtitle wasn’t possible
- Avisynth: ‘show YUV values’ and ‘histogram’ for YUY2 input
- Jobs: using long IDs
- General: sometimes crashing on start up
- Avisynth: smdegrain limit/limitc double values
- General: always use DebugOutput Level 9
- Container: added matroska extensions: m3kd
- Vapoursynth: replaceed fft3dfilter with neo_fft3d (adjusted QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise in havsfunc accordingly)
- audio: add option to clear audio queue on processing change
- Vapoursynth: support for SRMD
- Video: rav1e 2pass calls
- Video: x265, minimize command line problem with constant quantizer
- Vapoursynth: interframe + sRestore
- Avisynth: pad to make sure dfttest gets mod16 input
- Vapoursynth: forgot to add Bwdif.dll to th the install (Windows only)
- Muxing: passhtrough huffuyv
- Video: do not add maxCll 0,0
- Analyse: Blu-ray input analysis
- Avisynth: imagesource bug
- Avisynth: ConvertToYUV where colorMatrix was accidentally added
- Video: Xvid 2pass stats file bug
- Jobs: ffindex deleted to early
- Jobs: trying to delete x264 mbtree file evenwhen it should not be there
- Audio: dialog norm make sure that ‘-dialognorm 0’ instead of ‘-dialognorm -0’ is used
- Input: ffmpeg time code extraction
- Analyse: dts-xx detection
- Handling: aid problem avi preview und tokenizing
- Video: x265: separate 2pass passes
- Jobs: progress indication when using qsvencc
- Video: FFMpeg NVEncC, multi-ref was accidentally disabled
- Chapters: switchting within sources with multi input and chapter import
- Jobs: ffmpeg job minimization
- Avisynth: removed SSE(2)Tools
- Avisynth: interplaced preview handling
- Avisynth: moved histrogram control into Hybrid itself
- Avisynth: removed AnimeIVTC since it’s not required for QTGMC any more
- Avisynth: switched to Avisynth+ 3.6
- Avisynth: removed PlanarTools
- Avisynth: restrict DeRainbow to 8bit
- Avisynth: during ConvertToXY add ChromaInPlacement when converting from YV12 and ChromaOutPlacement when converting to YV12 in case MPEG-1 or DV Video input is detected.
- Avisynth: allow to enforce ChromaInPlacement/ChromaOutPlacement during ConvertToXY when converting to or from YV12
- Cut: allow to set cut by frame number
- Timecods: the way Hybrid tries to fix time codes
- Preview: force color space conversion on mplayer preview
- Input: added image sequence option to set base fps
- Audio: restrict eac3 bit rates
- Avisynth: extended color support for some filters
- Tools: handling version info with newer tsMuxeR
- XSynth: using trim with cut support
- Vapoursynth: Anime4KCPP resizer (Windows only)
- Vapoursynth: JincResize, DeDot, CAS and adjusted LSFMod to use CAS
- Vapoursynth: added option to lower resolution before resize
- Avisynth: MToon, DFMDeRainbow
- Audio: handling of 8bit pcm
- Video: dynamic HDR with NVEncC
- Audio: ffmpeg ac3 & eac3: dialog normalization
- Video: FFmpeg NVEnc (Windows only)
- Monitoring: some small bugs with the monitoring feature
- Muxing: removed ‘-r’ as input option for ffmbc, since it causes ‘Option framerate not found.’, works fine with ffmpeg
- Jobs: FFmpeg job optimizer, properly handle extern audio
- Vapoursynth: glitch with Vapoursynth Filter Preview
- Avisynth: Deen mode restictions
- Avisynth: dfttest ui mapping issue
- Muxing: ui crash when video calls didn’t generate a video output
- Video: NVEnc: UI init problem regarding HDR selection
- Vapoursynth: fix odd/even selection when not using bob
- Vapoursynth: when using Stab include mvtools
- Synth: output bit depth adjustment on VideoModel bitDepth change for some VideoModels
- Vapoursynth: support for Bwdif deinterlacer
- Muxint: muxing: title&language passthrough during mp4 muxing
- GUI: font size adjustments (misc.ini)
- Video: SVT-AV1 support
- Audio: ‘ignore encode and use passthrough if format doesn’t change’ option
- Synth: added FineDehalo support through Avisynth and Vapoursynth
- Audio: eac3 encoding support
- Filtering: added bwdif for FFmpeg
- Vapoursynth: QTGMC always set TFF according to ‘order’ even for progressive input
- Video: Support new NVEncC rotate (and transpose) and adjust it to FilterModels rotate option
- Video: NVEncC: aq handling
- Video: NVEncC: supporting ‘–input-option’ for Blu-ray support
- Video: NVencC: support for HDR to SDR
- Avisynth: handling of interlaced filtering
- Avisynth: mftoons now use masktools2 instead of masktools
- Avisynth: add trim according to cut&chapter selection
- Video: x265 using –rskip-edge-threshold and –rskip X
- Vapoursynth: allow Waifu2x scale =1
- Video: support more aomenc options
- Vapoursynth: support for ‘Waifu2x NCNN Vulkan’ (Windows only)
- Synth: Updated svpflow dlls and adjusted Avisynth Interframe2.avsi
- Vapoursynth: removed support for Waifu2x on Linux since I can’t get it to compile
Changes in Hybrid 2020.02.19.1:
- Video: x265, messed up during 3.3. branch adjustment
- Internals: removed some abandoned code which causes unneeded slow downs after files with lot of meta data were analysed
Changes in Hybrid 2020.02.16.1:
- Video: QSVEnc encoding mode mapping.
- Vapoursynth: custom script mismapping
- Vapoursynth: SelectRangeEvery and Tweak
- Vapoursynth: Fixed HDR to SDR DG call
- Vapoursynth: HDRToSDR
- Vapoursynth: LWLivavSource use track instead of streamindex
- Video: aomenc – tx64 handling
- Profile: error message regarding ‘input’ when loading a GlobalDataModel
- Muxing: mp4 video&audio tagging
- Video: NVEnc, arib-std-b67 vs. arib-srd-b67
- Muxing: h264 avi muxing
- Analysis: mediainfo video bitrate indication
- Avisynth: handling high bitdepth content
- Decoder: FFmpeg decoder call
- Avisynth: force LibavSource for AV1 content
- Avisynth: make sure BalanceBorders isn’t used when Top/Bottom/Left/Right isn’t mod
- Vapoursynth: option to save/load custom script content
- Video: rav1e added “–threads X”, “–switch-frame-interval X”, “–reservoir-frame-delay X” and “–rdo-lookahead-frames X”
- Video: NVEncC added support for ‘–psnr’, ‘–ssim’
- check for update
- Synth: removed FFms2k (it’s changes were incorporated in ffms2)
Homepage – http://www.selur.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Linux
Size: 369 MB