Hybrid is a multi platform (Linux, macOS, Windows) converter, based frontend for a bunch of other tools. It can convert nearly every input to x264, x265, Xvid, VP9 …. Also ac3, ogg, mp3, aac, flac inside an mp4, m2ts, mkv, webm, mov, avi container, a Blu-ray or an AVCHD structure.
Hybrid bundles multiple video processing utilities into a single package. It enables you to convert multiple file types into various multimedia formats. Moreover, it can perform tagging and muxing operations and automate common tasks.
One of the main advantages of Hybrid is related to the range of supported formats. It can handle VC-1 and AVC raw input, along with all the other file types that mplayer and ffmpeg can decode. Also supports x264, Xvid, VP8, x265 and ProRes as output.
The integrated video encoder can handle multiple encoding modes. Each with specific parameters, such as bitrate, constant rate factors and so on. Moreover it provides compatiblity with various containers, including Blu-ray discs or a AVCHD. In addition, you can use audio extraction function for generate MP3, OGG, AAC, FLAC, AC3, DTS and other similar formats.
Hybrid comes with lots of configuration options for more advanced users. You can modify the encoding mode, adjust the bitrate, set the tune and the entropy coding mode. Furthermore you can resize loaded images, change its aspect ratio, crop images manually. Or allow the application to perform this operation for you with ‘auto crop’ function.
In addition to this, it features filtering capabilities, helping you enhance the quality of your multimedia files prior to encoding. Among the available options you can find deinterlacing, telecine, color adjusting, sharpening, denoising, horizontal and vertical deblocking, temporal noise reducing and many more.
Hybrid’s general feature list:
- Extensive ability to configure x264s setting (with dependency checks)
- Ability to configure x265s setting.
- Tagging support for mkv, mp4, mov.
- Chapter support for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Subtitle suppot for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Separated audio-, video-, filter profiles, audio and video combi profiles.
- Integrated bitrate calculator.
- Accepts vc-1 and avc raw input.
- Manual and automatic creation and pass-through of chapters.
- Ability to encode single title/chapters.
- aac, mp3, ac3, ogg, flac, dts, pcm audio encoding with dcaenc, mencoder, ffmpeg, aften and different aac encoders.
- Supported AAC encoders: qaac, fdk, faac, fhg, neroaacenc, vo-aacenc.
- Filtering through mencoder (+ some resize automation) or avisynth.
- Acceptable Input: avs and everything that mplayer, ffmpeg can decode
- Supported video output formats: MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264, qsvencc). VP8/VP9 (vpxenc), ProRes (ffmpeg). MPEG-4 HEVC (x265, kvazaar, DivX265), FFV1 (ffmpeg). UT video (ffmpeg), FFvHuff (ffmpeg).
- Supported audio output formats: dts, ac3, ogg vorbis, mp3, aac, flac, pcm, opus, pass-through
- Supported containers: mov, mp4, mkv, m2ts, webm, avi. Blu-ray or a AVCHD structure
- Audio/video pass-through -> can be used for muxing, tagging, chapter editing
- A lot of option to automate stuff
The application can process subtitles and perform tagging operations for video, audio and subtitle streams,. The integrated chapter editor can be of assistance in adjusting the chapter names and edit the video structure. For your convenience, Hybrid includes a job scheduling section that helps you automate various tasks.
- Video: x265, messed up during 3.3. branch adjustment
- Internals: removed some abandoned code which causes unneeded slow downs after files with lot of meta data were analysed
Changes in Hybrid 2020.02.16.1:
- Video: QSVEnc encoding mode mapping.
- Vapoursynth: custom script mismapping
- Vapoursynth: SelectRangeEvery and Tweak
- Vapoursynth: Fixed HDR to SDR DG call
- Vapoursynth: HDRToSDR
- Vapoursynth: LWLivavSource use track instead of streamindex
- Video: aomenc – tx64 handling
- Profile: error message regarding ‘input’ when loading a GlobalDataModel
- Muxing: mp4 video&audio tagging
- Video: NVEnc, arib-std-b67 vs. arib-srd-b67
- Muxing: h264 avi muxing
- Analysis: mediainfo video bitrate indication
- Avisynth: handling high bitdepth content
- Decoder: FFmpeg decoder call
- Avisynth: force LibavSource for AV1 content
- Avisynth: make sure BalanceBorders isn’t used when Top/Bottom/Left/Right isn’t mod
- Vapoursynth: option to save/load custom script content
- Video: rav1e added “–threads X”, “–switch-frame-interval X”, “–reservoir-frame-delay X” and “–rdo-lookahead-frames X”
- Video: NVEncC added support for ‘–psnr’, ‘–ssim’
- check for update
- Synth: removed FFms2k (it’s changes were incorporated in ffms2)
- decode: crash when ffmpeg was not compiled with ‘zscale’
Changes in Hybrid 2020.01.11.1:
- analyse: HDR parameter import rounding
- Synth: ignore timecodes for output if FrameInterpolation or Restore is
- cosmectice: AudioTab, AudioInfo on track change
- Synth: ImageSource handling
- video: qsv encoding mode
- tools: manual set tools could cause crashes
- Vapoursynt: Waifu2x limited range compression by using RGBS
- video: vsPipe Problem gefixed
- video: NVEnc only singal VUI in case VUI Signaling is enabled
- audio: handling of multiple trueHD streams with ffmpeg
- jobs: mkvmerge muxing timecodes parallel processing
- video: x265 support histogram scence change detection
- audio: dts-es muxing
- Synth: allow to set LibWAV HW decoding preference
- Vapoursynth: allow Waifu2X even when resize resolution is the same as the crop resolution.
- Vapoursynth: added support for EdgeFixer
- Synth: ‘SelectRangeEvery’ for Avisynth and Vapoursynth (video only!)
Changes in Hybrid 2019.12.01.1:
- video: x265 make sure ‘fixed quantizer’ zones use integer
- muxing: Hybrid doesn’t send ‘und’ to MP4Box but empty language strings
- muxing: option to overwrite not only container but additionally stream aspect ratio
- muxing: ffmpeg indicating vfr even when video is cfr
- video: x265 HDR-10+ signaling
- video: maxCLL typo related to STV-HEVC encoding (can’t be used there anyways so more a cosmetic fix)
- video: NVEncC multi level typo bug
- Avisynth: crop not working with custom resizer
- muxing: mp4 language passthrough
- gui: VIDEOHANDLING problem on Linux
- profiles: Do not allow to load Global Profiles while a source is loaded.
- Vapoursynth: Make sure that after QTGMC the clip is preceived as frame based.
- video: NVEncC allow L0 and L1 references at the same time
- video: x265 added support for ‘scenecut-aware-qp’ with ‘scenecut-window’ and ‘max-qp-delta’
Changes in Hybrid 2019.11.03.1:
- VideoModel: loading a preset overwrote the resolution&c
- Vapoursynth: SMDeGrain Ui glitch
- Vapoursynth: KNLMeansCL, color adjustment for cmode
- Vapoursynth: LWLibavSource: don’t add prefer_hw for AVC with high bit depth
- Vapoursynth: CTMF dependency missing for TemporalDegrain depending of Input and/or settings
- Analyse: Always using ‘–File_TestContinuousFileNames=0’ with MediaInfo.
- Avisynth: adjust interlaced crop handling
- NVEncC: adjusted progress indication
- Subtitle: Teletext handling
- muxing: explicilty set empty ‘name’-tags when using MP4box to avoid a bug in MediaInfo
- Video: NVEncC support for –multiref-l0/–multiref-l1
- Video: adjusting To Kvazaar updates
- Vapoursynth: FilterView ‘difference’-mode
- Video: support SVT-HEVC
Homepage – http://www.selur.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Linux
Size: 344 MB