Hybrid is a multi platform (Linux, macOS, Windows) converter, based frontend for a bunch of other tools. It can convert nearly every input to x264, x265, Xvid, VP9 …. Also ac3, ogg, mp3, aac, flac inside an mp4, m2ts, mkv, webm, mov, avi container, a Blu-ray or an AVCHD structure.
Hybrid bundles multiple video processing utilities into a single package. It enables you to convert multiple file types into various multimedia formats. Moreover, it can perform tagging and muxing operations and automate common tasks.
One of the main advantages of Hybrid is related to the range of supported formats. It can handle VC-1 and AVC raw input, along with all the other file types that mplayer and ffmpeg can decode. Also supports x264, Xvid, VP8, x265 and ProRes as output.
The integrated video encoder can handle multiple encoding modes. Each with specific parameters, such as bitrate, constant rate factors and so on. Moreover it provides compatiblity with various containers, including Blu-ray discs or a AVCHD. In addition, you can use audio extraction function for generate MP3, OGG, AAC, FLAC, AC3, DTS and other similar formats.
Hybrid comes with lots of configuration options for more advanced users. You can modify the encoding mode, adjust the bitrate, set the tune and the entropy coding mode. Furthermore you can resize loaded images, change its aspect ratio, crop images manually. Or allow the application to perform this operation for you with ‘auto crop’ function.
In addition to this, it features filtering capabilities, helping you enhance the quality of your multimedia files prior to encoding. Among the available options you can find deinterlacing, telecine, color adjusting, sharpening, denoising, horizontal and vertical deblocking, temporal noise reducing and many more.
Hybrid’s general feature list:
- Extensive ability to configure x264s setting (with dependency checks)
- Ability to configure x265s setting.
- Tagging support for mkv, mp4, mov.
- Chapter support for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Subtitle suppot for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Separated audio-, video-, filter profiles, audio and video combi profiles.
- Integrated bitrate calculator.
- Accepts vc-1 and avc raw input.
- Manual and automatic creation and pass-through of chapters.
- Ability to encode single title/chapters.
- aac, mp3, ac3, ogg, flac, dts, pcm audio encoding with dcaenc, mencoder, ffmpeg, aften and different aac encoders.
- Supported AAC encoders: qaac, fdk, faac, fhg, neroaacenc, vo-aacenc.
- Filtering through mencoder (+ some resize automation) or avisynth.
- Acceptable Input: avs and everything that mplayer, ffmpeg can decode
- Supported video output formats: MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264, qsvencc). VP8/VP9 (vpxenc), ProRes (ffmpeg). MPEG-4 HEVC (x265, kvazaar, DivX265), FFV1 (ffmpeg). UT video (ffmpeg), FFvHuff (ffmpeg).
- Supported audio output formats: dts, ac3, ogg vorbis, mp3, aac, flac, pcm, opus, pass-through
- Supported containers: mov, mp4, mkv, m2ts, webm, avi. Blu-ray or a AVCHD structure
- Audio/video pass-through -> can be used for muxing, tagging, chapter editing
- A lot of option to automate stuff
The application can process subtitles and perform tagging operations for video, audio and subtitle streams,. The integrated chapter editor can be of assistance in adjusting the chapter names and edit the video structure. For your convenience, Hybrid includes a job scheduling section that helps you automate various tasks.
- Vapoursynth: TDeintMod in VIVTC and FixCombed
- Muxing: always used ffmpeg for mkv muxing
- Vapoursynth: add ‘Use RGB’ for Limiter and Levels and use it as default.
- Vapoursynth: extend compatible TimeCube color spaces by RGBS
- Filtering: “fieldmatch + yadif + deint + decimate2” as IVTC through FFmpeg method.y
- Vapoursynth: support for mClean due to missing TemporalMedian library. (MacOS only)
- Avisynth: handling QTGMC field order
- Video: nvencc version check
- Vapoursynth: Cnr2, typo sceneChroma -> scenechroma
- Video: NVEncC bluray input with ‘encoder only’ not starting encoding
- Avisynth+: no preRo for Text subittle
- Vapoursynth: sRestore output frame count calculation fixex: Preview not working with crop
- Vapoursynth: handle TimeCude filename changes
- Synth: some colorMatrix fixes
- Avisynth: DFMDeRainbow load mvtools for motion compensation
- Vapoursynth: Fix Combed to IVTC
- Analysis: aspect ratio detection
- Vapoursynth: restrict VFM Mi to blockx*blocky
- Vapoursynth: fixed Santiang typevh typo to typev, “AntiAliasing” – Nedi3aa vs “AnitAliasing – Nedi3aa”
- Vapoursynth: deleting profiles
- Vapoursynth: MAA missing dependecies
- Analysis: prefer stream aspect ratio
- Video: scanorder handling especially for DNxHD
- Tools: tsMuxeR version check
- Cosmetics: Bunch of cosmetic changes
- Video: Using xvid_encraw instead of mencoder for XviD encoding.
- Vapoursynth: using D2VSource instead of MPEG2DecPlus
- Tools: use 64bit of vStripFree, Telxcc and MP4FPSmod (Windows only)
- Synth: added QTGMC custom addition
- Synth: splitting QTGMC into “QTGMC – Deinterlacer” (InputType = 0) and “QTGMC – Filter” (InputType > 0)
- Vapoursynth: Anime4KCPP support for HDNLevel Option
- Vapoursynth/Avisynth: in custom section you can now overwrite width, height, scantype and colorformat using: Note that these values are only respected inside the Vapoursynth/ Avisynth script.
Frame rate and frame count need to be globally overwrite using “Filtering->Misc->Overwrite output”. All other values also need to be overwritten globally if you set them.
- Vapoursynth: Levels handling
- Avisynth: added QTGMC MatchPreset, MatchPreset2, MatchEnhance
- Crop: lowered min Crop-Width-Mult from 0.75 to 0.7
- Avisynth: TDecimate added additional parameters
- Vapoursynth: VIVTC added Deinterlacer option
- Avisynth: Flash3KDeband adjust output bit depth
- Avisynth: TemporalDegrain requires 8bit input
- Vapoursynth: KNLMeans adjust RGBX
- Vapoursynth: TimeCube RGB handling
- Vapoursynth: restrict filters based on Hqdn3d to 8bit
- Tools: look also for ‘3D controller” in lspci output for video card
- Analysis: added option to prefer stream luma range
- Video: ProRes models to proxy, lt, standard, hq, 4444, 4444x
- Avisynth: added RemoveDirt
- Output: added ‘Config->Output->MKV Contains->Matroska advanced video signaling->Import HDR data from source’
- Video: Cineform HD support
- Filtering: option to flip video horizontally
- Tools: nvhsp not used on Windows, hardly working on Linux&Mac, sadly ffmpeg does still not support signaling max cll/fall etc
- Tools: not using ffmbc any more
- Avisynth support on MacOS
Changes in Hybrid 2020.08.02.1:
- Vapoursynth QTGMC bob
- Vapoursynth: saving profiles
- General: restting Defaults caused two instances to open
- Jobs: tsMuxeR temp and input file handling
- Filtering: Removed the “force deinterlace” option, instead ‘Overwrite input scan type to’ should be used.
- Tools: adjusted to latest NVEncC ‘check-features’ changes
- Audio: remove unneeded ‘-ac’ in ffmpeg call
- Avisynth: 64bit Support, support 32bit and 64bit Avisynth jobs at the same time in the jobqueue (Windows only)
Changes in Hybrid 2020.07.11.1:
- Vapoursynth: Anime4KCPP when using GPU
- Vapoursynth: limit Santiag Pcsnr when using GPU
- Avisynth: limit SplineResize100/144 to YV12, YUY2, RGB24, RGB32
- Avisynth: FrameRateConverter custom fps grayed out
- Avisynth: interlaced handling
- General: aborting close didn’t work
- Communication: send ssl mail
- General: some more cut handling
- Jobs: MPEG-4 ASP workaround
- Jobs: tsMuxeR output file checks
- Tools: BDSup2Sub++ detection
- Video: x264 apply to preset
- Audio: ac3 reencoding
- Video: 2pass vpx/aomenc encoding
- Analysis: mpeg audio layer 1/2/3 detection
- General: gui error/freeze when extration of subtitle wasn’t possible
- Avisynth: ‘show YUV values’ and ‘histogram’ for YUY2 input
- Jobs: using long IDs
- General: sometimes crashing on start up
- Avisynth: smdegrain limit/limitc double values
- General: always use DebugOutput Level 9
- Container: added matroska extensions: m3kd
- Vapoursynth: replaceed fft3dfilter with neo_fft3d (adjusted QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise in havsfunc accordingly)
- audio: add option to clear audio queue on processing change
- Vapoursynth: support for SRMD
- Video: rav1e 2pass calls
- Video: x265, minimize command line problem with constant quantizer
- Vapoursynth: interframe + sRestore
- Avisynth: pad to make sure dfttest gets mod16 input
- Vapoursynth: forgot to add Bwdif.dll to th the install (Windows only)
- Muxing: passhtrough huffuyv
- Video: do not add maxCll 0,0
- Analyse: Blu-ray input analysis
- Avisynth: imagesource bug
- Avisynth: ConvertToYUV where colorMatrix was accidentally added
- Video: Xvid 2pass stats file bug
- Jobs: ffindex deleted to early
- Jobs: trying to delete x264 mbtree file evenwhen it should not be there
- Audio: dialog norm make sure that ‘-dialognorm 0’ instead of ‘-dialognorm -0’ is used
- Input: ffmpeg time code extraction
- Analyse: dts-xx detection
- Handling: aid problem avi preview und tokenizing
- Video: x265: separate 2pass passes
- Jobs: progress indication when using qsvencc
- Video: FFMpeg NVEncC, multi-ref was accidentally disabled
- Chapters: switchting within sources with multi input and chapter import
- Jobs: ffmpeg job minimization
- Avisynth: removed SSE(2)Tools
- Avisynth: interplaced preview handling
- Avisynth: moved histrogram control into Hybrid itself
- Avisynth: removed AnimeIVTC since it’s not required for QTGMC any more
- Avisynth: switched to Avisynth+ 3.6
- Avisynth: removed PlanarTools
- Avisynth: restrict DeRainbow to 8bit
- Avisynth: during ConvertToXY add ChromaInPlacement when converting from YV12 and ChromaOutPlacement when converting to YV12 in case MPEG-1 or DV Video input is detected.
- Avisynth: allow to enforce ChromaInPlacement/ChromaOutPlacement during ConvertToXY when converting to or from YV12
- Cut: allow to set cut by frame number
- Timecods: the way Hybrid tries to fix time codes
- Preview: force color space conversion on mplayer preview
- Input: added image sequence option to set base fps
- Audio: restrict eac3 bit rates
- Avisynth: extended color support for some filters
- Tools: handling version info with newer tsMuxeR
- XSynth: using trim with cut support
- Vapoursynth: Anime4KCPP resizer (Windows only)
- Vapoursynth: JincResize, DeDot, CAS and adjusted LSFMod to use CAS
- Vapoursynth: added option to lower resolution before resize
- Avisynth: MToon, DFMDeRainbow
- Audio: handling of 8bit pcm
- Video: dynamic HDR with NVEncC
- Audio: ffmpeg ac3 & eac3: dialog normalization
- Video: FFmpeg NVEnc (Windows only)
Homepage – http://www.selur.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Linux
Size: 410 MB