VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform media player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as Blu-Ray, DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols.
VLC media player is Simple, Powerful and Fast. Plays everything, Files, Discs, Devices, WebCams and Streams. It also is Media Converter and Streamer, plays most codecs with no codec packs needed.
VLC is a highly portable multi-platform multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3, WMA…).
VLC media player has hardware decoding on most platforms. It supports 0-copy on the GPU and can fallback on software when required.
VLC media player project targets multimedia streaming of MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and DivX files, DVDs, digital satellite channels, digital terrestial television channels and live videos on a high-bandwidth IPv4 or IPv6 network in unicast or multicast under many OSes.
VLC also features a cross-platform player, which can be used to read the stream from the network or display video read locally on the computer under all GNU/Linux flavours, all BSD flavours, Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, Solaris, QNX, Familiar Linux…
VLC media player Features:
- Rewrite of the playlist (tree structure, input preparsing …)
- Preferences improvements
- XML parsers
- Client-side SSL/TLS support
- Massive Matroska improvements
- Support for SOCKS proxy
- Support for Shoutcast Meta-data
- Support for (HE-) AAC raw-audio streams
- TiVo demuxer
- Samba (Windows shares) access module
- Dirac decoder and encoder
- PNG decoder/encoder
- Support for Apple Lossless Audio Codec
- Services discovery modules (SAP module, HAL discovery, DAAP (iTunes shares), shoutcast)
- Support for 20/24 bits LPCM
- Video snapshot support (png or jpg)
- Image file video output (png)
- Mosaic (picture-in-picture system)
- Pocket PC port
- Brand new Internet Explorer ActiveX plugin
Plays Video Formats:
MPEG-1/2, DivX (1/2/3/4/5/6), MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video (1/2/3/4).
Plays Audio Formats:
MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2/QDMC, MACE.
DVD, Text files (MicroDVD, SubRIP, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate. ID3 tags, APEv2, Vorbis comment.
- Fix asf regression with broadcast streams
- MP4: Fix audio drop on seek
- Fix seek & volume sliders overlapping with subtitles
- Fix delays when seeking with D3D11
- Improve freetype fonts outlining
- Fix GnuTLS support for Windows XP
Changes in VLC media player 3.0.14:
- Fix double loading of slave input
- Fix an issue causing the auto-updater not to launch the new version installer
- VLC 3.0.13 is the fourteenth update of “Vetinari”:
- Fix artifacts in HLS streams
- Fix MP4 audio support regressions
- Add SSA text scaling support
- Add NFSv4 support
- Improve SMB2 integration
- Improve Direct3D11 rendering smoothness
- Add mousewheel horizontal axis control
- Multiple crash fixes
- And some security issues
- Add new RIST access module compliant with simple profile (VSF_TR-06-1)
- Add new RIST access output module compliant with simple profile (VSF_TR-06-1)
- Fixed adaptive’s handling of resolution settings
- Fix audio distortion on macOS during start of playback
- Direct3D11: Fix some potential crashes when using video filters
- Add native support for Apple Silicon / ARM-64
- Visual UI adaptations for macOS Big Sur
- Fix displaying EQ bands in the UI depending on which frequency presets are set for the EQ in advanced preferences
- Fix UI issues in bookmarks window
- Several fixes in the web interface, including privacy and security improvements
- Update YouTube and Vocaroo scripts
Homepage – https://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Supported Operating Systems:
- From Windows XP SP3 to the last version of Windows 10.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- Android 2.2 (platform-8) or later.
- iOS 9.0 or later
UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP / FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, File, DVD Video, Video CD / VCD, SVCD, Audio CD (no DTS-CD), DVB (Satellite, Digital TV, Cable TV), MPEG encoder, Video acquisition.
MPEG (ES,PS,TS,PVA,MP3), AVI, ASF / WMV / WMA, MP4 / MOV / 3GP, OGG / OGM / Annodex, Matroska (MKV), Real, WAV (including DTS), Raw Audio: DTS, AAC, AC3/A52, Raw DV, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI / SMF, Creative™ Voice.
SAP/SDP announces, Bonjour protocol, Mozilla/Firefox plugin, ActiveX plugin, SVCD Menus, Localization, CD-Text, CDDB CD info, IGMPv3, IPv6, MLDv2, CPU acceleration.
Size: 39.5 MB