Cakewalk by BandLab is FREE award-winning Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for the professional music recording, mixing, and mastering. From getting a great tone to releasing the final mix, today’s musicians must master every element of the music production process.
Easily compose complete songs and performances with creative songwriting tools and instruments. Capture inspired performances with pristine quality and unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch, time, and any other aspect of your recordings. Achieve pristine pro-studio sounds and create big, clear, dynamic mixes with advanced mixing tools.
Polish your finished mixes to perfection with built-in mastering tools. Export and publish your songs directly to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook and more.
Dial up the perfect synth sound with Rapture or a searing guitar tone with TH2 Producer. Record it, tighten it, chop it, and drop it in the Matrix for realtime triggering. Shape it with the expandable ProChannel. Warm it with the Console Emulator. And do it all with a single Smart Tool.
Cakewalk by BandLab leaves other DAWs in the dust with industry leading features. Edit and correct vocals like a pro with Melodyne Essential. Create the most realistic and authentic drums sounds with the full version of XLN Audio Addictive Drums.
Get that epic, pro-sound that has defined the last 25 years of recording with the ProChannel. Now with the QuadCurve EQ Zoom and analyzer for the ultimate precision. Get that vintage analog sound with the new ProChannel Tape Emulator and the Console Emulator.
Cakewalk by BandLab Key features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Mix with unlimited effects, sends and busses
- Move seamlessly across all your production tasks with Skylight Interface
- Record and mix with the end-to-end 64-bit double precision engine
- Gobbler cloud saving and sharing
- Program beats using the Step Sequencer
- Play loops in real-time with the Matrix View
- Customize searing guitar tones with Overloud TH2 Producer amp sim
- Create modern, electronic dance sounds with Z3TA+ Classic
- Play and record with 23 instruments including Rapture and Dimension Pro
- Edit audio and MIDI, hassle free, with Smart Tool and Smart Grid
- Get full control of the timing and feel of your tracks with AudioSnap
- Custom touch support on touch-enabled devices running Windows 10
- Get that epic, pro studio sound with the ergonomic ProChannel console strip
- ProChannel Console Emulator and new Tape Emulator for authentic vintage analog sound
- Add lush reverb with the versatile BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel module
- Includes 8 ProChannel modules – expandable with additional modules (sold separately)
- Finalize and master your songs with high-quality Linear Phase plugins
- Share your music on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, and now YouTube
And it doesn’t stop there with a new mixing suite powered by the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes FX and BlueVerb, Tone2 BiFilter 2, AAS Lounge Lizard Session, AAS Strum Acoustic Session, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and much more.
Cakewalk by BandLab now boasts a powerful new line up designed to meet the needs of any musician, regardless of skill level or budget. You always get the latest and greatest version no matter when you make your purchase. In addition, enjoy 12 months of rolling updates and keep everything you received – forever.
Features & Enhancements
- Smart tool customization. The Smart tool can be customized in order to enable specific functions, including Move, Crop, Fade, Draw, and Comp. The Smart tool and Select tool have new icons.
- Centered Control Bar modules. Control Bar modules can be left-aligned, justified, or centered.
- Comping and Take lane enhancements. Freely assemble clips in track lanes either by recording or dragging and dropping from different sources. Configure the Smart Tool to disable comping features while editing audio on lanes and re-enable it when you are ready to start building a comp track.
- Copy/paste and drag drop enhancements, including full support for drag and drop of Take lanes between tracks, and improved drag drop preview to visually represent the final data.
- Help Module content for clips. In addition to a brief description of the clip type, the Help Module also lists common Smart tool gestures that are supported by each unique clip type.
- Selection markers in time ruler. The time ruler now shows draggable markers at either end of the time selection range. You can modify the start or end of the selection by dragging these markers or move the entire time selection by dragging the selection range bar.
- Loop and Punch marker enhancements. The time ruler now uses more intuitive mouse cursors for selection, loop, punch and marker drag bars and handles. The mouse cursor shows a letter to indicate which marker will be modified before you actually click the marker: S (Selection), L (Loop), P (Punch), and M (Marker). You can drag a Loop or Punch marker past its paired sibling marker in order to flip the range in the opposite direction.
- Seeking during playback in the Clips pane will now move the Now Time by default. This behavior can be changed with the Track view Options > Click Behavior > Set During Playback option.
- Editing clips in Take lanes no longer modifies track automation. If you want track automation to follow when you drag a clip in a Take lane, drop the clip on the parent track (comp clip) instead of a Take lane.
- When isolating clips in Take lanes during playback, the Now time no longer automatically jumps to the beginning of the isolated clip. To jump to the clip start when isolating clips, hold down the SHIFT key. You can also audition the selected clip by pressing SHIFT+SPACEBAR.
Build 25.07.0.79 hotfix
- [New] Option to set Now Time via left-click during playback via Track view Options > Click Behavior > Set During Playback
- Hang on project open with Allow Only One Open Project at a Time
- Hang when trying to open MIDI files in the Playlist
- Edit Filter not persisting correctly with Instrument tracks
- Persist of clip envelope visibility not working as expected for Edit Filters when using Auto Track Zoom
- CTRL-clicking a clip to select/deselect it during playback shouldn’t move the Now Time
- Duplicating synths does not duplicate synth automation
- Duplicate Synth Track does not assign automation display track
- Redo of Duplicate Synth not restoring synth state
- Update HUD Smart tool button to show if tool has been customized
- Selection from clip header using CTRL or SHIFT click doesn’t always work when starting from time selection
- Lasso select selects all nodes on envelope when track Edit Filter is set to automation
- Mouse cursor becomes boxed in Time Ruler when right-clicking Time Ruler Zoom
- Track focus jumps unexpectedly when clicking or navigating to closed or empty track folder
- Time ruler delta for all absolute time rulers is inaccurate with project tempo changes
- About box shows obsolete Cakewalk Command Center error codes
- Crash when pasting automation
- Crash on opening project after closing another
- Improved notification handling
- Crash copying and pasting bus automation
- Projects using élastique audio crash when playing if audio is missing
- Screensets in projects with high track counts load faster
- Multi threaded UI updates for notifications
- Undo redo of Take lanes is slow
- Bounced track fails to appear with user created Lens
- Changing Lens and reopening CbB changes ‘None’ unexpectedly
- Full Screen Mode only expands across multiple monitors
- Changing screensets slow with large number of tracks
- CTRL-selecting clip doesn’t work if the clip is partially selected as a result of a time selection
- CTRL-clicking a clip during playback creates a clip envelope instead of selecting the clip
- Select tool cannot select comp clip
- Control Bar Export Module can lose gripper
- Export Control Bar module is cropped when Control Bar is locked and justified
- Resetting the Control Bar doesn’t unlock module order
- Draw issue with Control Bar when floating after justify
- Copy paste in Take lanes can delete source data
- Editing clips in Take lanes can lead to un-editable clip envelopes
- Copying and pasting clips from multiple Take lanes is not possible
- Loop recording in Comp mode with Take lanes closed causes unexpected cropping of clips
- Some projects could prevent clip envelopes from being edited
- Now Time jumps in playback when isolating clips in Take lanes during playback
- Copy/Paste does not work as expected in Take lanes
- CTRL-selecting neighboring clip doesn’t work immediately after isolating a clip region in a Take lane
- Copying data from non-adjacent lanes pastes to adjacent lanes
- Dragging MIDI clips from Browser goes to Take lane 1
- Pasting multiple clips in Take lanes to a track with single lane does not refresh UI
- Drag drop of multiple audio files from Browser to Take lanes not supported
- Pasting Multiple clips in lanes to bottom lanes cause clips to collapse to single lane
- Double clicking Take lane in Clips pane does not select lane
- Clips in lanes cannot drag from one track to different lanes in another track
- Dragging takes to a new track skips over populated lanes
- Drag drop between lanes doesn’t work properly when hidden tracks present
- Clips can be moved from their original take lane on CTRL drag and drop
- Copying clips in Take lanes with envelopes gives unexpected results
- Clip can no longer be selected after undo of drag
- Pasting clips in lanes to new project does not refresh UI correctly
- Undo of paste of multiple lanes in new project does not behave as expected
- Comp clip draws unexpectedly after crop
- Dragging clips on MIDI Take lanes to create overlaps does not crop data
- Dragging group of clips to new track deletes existing clip on destination track
- Pasting multiple lanes to last lane in a track creates extra lanes
- Comp clip remains visible after dragging outside of the Clips pane
- ‘Delete Muted Takes’ renamed ‘Delete Muted Clips’
- Lane order changes pasting to new project
- Lanes out of order when dragging to create a new track
- When creating Take/Automation lanes, Take lane initially appears grayed out
- Shift+click does not work on comp clip when Take lanes are open
- Bouncing to clip causes clip to change lanes unexpectedly
- Duplicated tracks with lanes inverts order
- Redoing a loop recording in Comp record mode fails to restore recorded clips state
- Clip envelope in lanes cannot be edited after save/reopen of project
- Reassigning automation envelopes closes lanes unexpectedly
- Automation from multiple lanes pastes to a single lane
- Pasting multiple automation envelopes to track with fewer lanes has unexpected result
- Dragging clips from Browser to Take lanes removes automation data
- Drag copy to new project does not copy automation
- Automation lanes not created after recording track automation
- Automation lanes are copied out of order, and not all copied if automation lanes are expanded in destination project
- Some projects are saved with clip envelopes assigned to incorrect lanes
- Setting Edit Filter to ‘Clip Automation’ on a lane doesn’t work properly when multiple clips present
- Clip envelopes on lanes don’t respect Edit Filter state when loading projects
- Clip envelopes lose visibility on Take lanes when toggling ‘Show Take Lanes’
- Duplicate Track does not persist Automation lane state
- When pasting automation then showing lanes, Edit Filter is not set correctly with FX automation
- Redo not populating automation lanes correctly
- Edit Filter in Automation lanes not behaving as expected after paste
- Edit Filter not behaving as expected with auto track zoom
- Pasting Take and Automation lanes simultaneously has unexpected results
- Aim Assist remains visible after dragging outside of Clips pane
- Aim Assist not visible when dragging clips to a different project
- Clip name moves up a pixel when right-edge crop reaches it
- Dragging Punch range in time ruler before measure 1 shrinks range unexpectedly
- Mouse cursor jumps to different monitor when clicking in Staff view time ruler
- Notes may not appear in Staff view in some projects
- V-Vocal clips do not drag copy as expected
- Missing Help Module text for several views/contexts
- Help Module content for ProChannel EQ Fly Out
- Notifications only appear on primary monitor
- Several ‘Importing’ messages displayed when closing project after previewing MP3 files in Browser
- Some projects can fail to cut/copy on track
- Delete Track can delete unintended tracks
- Browser drag preview image now aligned to bottom right of cursor
- Track view key bindings are not listed in Preferences dialog when using Basic lens
- Dragging clips between projects can fail to create a new track in destination project
- Keyboard shortcut for ‘Show/Hide Clip Properties’ does not hide
- Mouse cursor flickers between arrow and I-beam when moving mouse over Automation lanes
- External Insert can be dragged from Browser to clip
- Dragging Punch range in time ruler doesn’t update time rulers in other views
- Improve Time Ruler marker/loop/punch/selection handle feedback while dragging
- User reported crash on launch
- Change title capitalization in Preferences dialog and menus
- If toast notifications are turned off, ‘Check For Updates’ menu item does nothing
- Using 3 monitors causes notifications to stop appearing
- Edit Filter not set correctly after writing automation
- Dragging audio to time ruler to do ARA convert audio to tempo map does not prompt
- Dragging audio from Browser to MIDI track to do ARA MIDI extraction does not prompt
- Dragging multiple audio clips from Browser to convert to MIDI stacks MIDI on same track
- Nudge causes MIDI notes to change lanes
- Automation selection not working correctly in lanes under rare conditions
- Crash dragging empty cell in Matrix View
- Tab to next/previous note in the Piano Roll can cause crash
- Preview not working when cropping a track folder composite clip
- Draw tool mouse cursor flickers rapidly when moving mouse over envelopes
- Snap module displays Whole duration when creating new project
- Projects with Edit Filter set to ‘Clip Automation’ load with only one envelope visible
- Clips drag drop or paste across lanes can lead to inconsistent clip envelope visibility
- ProChannel modules can lose states
- ‘Failed to load plug-in state’ message after creating send
- Time ruler drawing issues when Aim Assist is enabled
- Crop cursor appears when holding CTRL key with the Select tool
- Closing or opening projects with Media Browser is very slow when Browser points to folder with many files
- Changing app focus causes control surfaces to fail to update
Homepage – https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7 or higher (64-bit only)
- Multi-core Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 3GB free disk space
- 1280×800 screen resolution
- ASIO compatible hardware is recommended
64-bit Mix Engine
The first to offer this precision audio technology, SONAR’s advanced 64-bit mix engine delivers clean, dynamic, accurate mixes every time.
Never worry about signal degradation again. You can always be sure your plug-ins are outputting the highest quality audio possible.
SONAR supports the most stable, accurate, and efficient plug-in format for Windows machines so you can use more FX and synths in your project.
Another industry first, SONAR’s compatibility with touch devices adds analog feel and workflow-enhancing efficiency.
Compatibility comes standard. We’re always on top of our game, ensuring support on all the most current Windows platforms.
Harness the power of Audio Random Access for seamless integration of powerful and modern editing tools.
Size: 55.5 MB