Cakewalk by BandLab is FREE award-winning Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for the professional music recording, mixing, and mastering. From getting a great tone to releasing the final mix, today’s musicians must master every element of the music production process.
Easily compose complete songs and performances with creative songwriting tools and instruments. Capture inspired performances with pristine quality and unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch, time, and any other aspect of your recordings. Achieve pristine pro-studio sounds and create big, clear, dynamic mixes with advanced mixing tools.
Polish your finished mixes to perfection with built-in mastering tools. Export and publish your songs directly to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook and more.
Dial up the perfect synth sound with Rapture or a searing guitar tone with TH2 Producer. Record it, tighten it, chop it, and drop it in the Matrix for realtime triggering. Shape it with the expandable ProChannel. Warm it with the Console Emulator. And do it all with a single Smart Tool.
Cakewalk by BandLab leaves other DAWs in the dust with industry leading features. Edit and correct vocals like a pro with Melodyne Essential. Create the most realistic and authentic drums sounds with the full version of XLN Audio Addictive Drums.
Get that epic, pro-sound that has defined the last 25 years of recording with the ProChannel. Now with the QuadCurve EQ Zoom and analyzer for the ultimate precision. Get that vintage analog sound with the new ProChannel Tape Emulator and the Console Emulator.
Cakewalk by BandLab Key features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Mix with unlimited effects, sends and busses
- Move seamlessly across all your production tasks with Skylight Interface
- Record and mix with the end-to-end 64-bit double precision engine
- Gobbler cloud saving and sharing
- Program beats using the Step Sequencer
- Play loops in real-time with the Matrix View
- Customize searing guitar tones with Overloud TH2 Producer amp sim
- Create modern, electronic dance sounds with Z3TA+ Classic
- Play and record with 23 instruments including Rapture and Dimension Pro
- Edit audio and MIDI, hassle free, with Smart Tool and Smart Grid
- Get full control of the timing and feel of your tracks with AudioSnap
- Custom touch support on touch-enabled devices running Windows 10
- Get that epic, pro studio sound with the ergonomic ProChannel console strip
- ProChannel Console Emulator and new Tape Emulator for authentic vintage analog sound
- Add lush reverb with the versatile BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel module
- Includes 8 ProChannel modules – expandable with additional modules (sold separately)
- Finalize and master your songs with high-quality Linear Phase plugins
- Share your music on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, and now YouTube
And it doesn’t stop there with a new mixing suite powered by the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes FX and BlueVerb, Tone2 BiFilter 2, AAS Lounge Lizard Session, AAS Strum Acoustic Session, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and much more.
Cakewalk by BandLab now boasts a powerful new line up designed to meet the needs of any musician, regardless of skill level or budget. You always get the latest and greatest version no matter when you make your purchase. In addition, enjoy 12 months of rolling updates and keep everything you received – forever.
Features & Enhancements
- Duplicate Selected Clip(s) (CTRL+D or Track view Clips > Duplicate Selected Clip(s) command).
- Auto Crossfade toggle in Track view.
- Show note names on Piano Roll view Note events (PRV Notes > Show Note Names).
- Take lane record options available from Record button context menu and Edit > Preferences > Project – Record: ‘Create New Lane’, ‘Reuse Existing Lane’, and ‘Reuse Existing Lane, Unless Takes Overlap’.
- Take lane enhancements, including import directly to Take lanes from File > Import and double-clicking in Media Browser, fast Edit filter switching (SHIFT+right-click), change fade type on crossfaded clips, CTRL+ALT+drag to adjust a single crossfade, hold SHIFT and drag a clip edge to crop an individual clip, and hold SHIFT on Comp track (lanes collapsed) to adjust split location across lanes.
- Play List enhancements, including option to defer loading the next song until after the current song has finished, option to close projects regardless of project changes, and Help Module content.
- New keyboard shortcuts: Insert Audio track (CTRL+T), Insert MIDI track (CTRL+SHIFT+T), Clear Selection (SHIFT+ESC), and Redo (CTRL+Y).
- Mackie Control enhancements, including HUI protocol support, support for alternative parameter labels, and support for ProChannel EQ, Track Compressor, and Bus Compressor.
- Improvements to plug-in state loading and presets.
- Support for VST2 plug-ins without binary block persistence, which allows Cakewalk to properly restore parameters for such plug-ins when loading projects.
- Support for VST3 Program Changes. Cakewalk now supports changing programs for VST3 plug-ins via a new Program change parameter. There is now a Preset value at the end of the automation parameter list that will change plug-in preset values for plug-ins that support it.
- Overhaul of plug-in time sync in engine. There has been an overhaul of the engine to improve and optimize time sync with plug-ins. The changes improve the accuracy of time synchronization while seeking on the timeline during playback and while looping. We also addressed known problems with time sync with Melodyne and other time dependent plug-ins that have an internal timeline.
- Improved Reset/Panic to clear stuck MIDI notes, and CTRL+click Reset button to force a reload of the audio and MIDI engine.
- Support for ‘stop’ and ‘pause’ MCI MIDI events to automatically stop/pause playback.
- Improved compatibility with older SONAR WRK files.
- Updated ‘Basic’ Lens that provides a cleaner and simplified layout.
- Dropout Analytics: Dropouts are now flagged with a reason code (listed in the dropout message) that can be useful in tracking down the cause of dropouts. The online help lists the dropout reason codes and potential preventative action that may be taken.
- When isolating clips in Take lanes during playback, the Now time jumps to the clicked location by default. To automatically jump to the clip start instead, enable the Track view Options > Click Behavior > Left Click Rewinds to Clip Start in Lanes option. This option replaces the previous SHIFT-click behavior.
- The Track view Options > Click Behavior > Left Click Sets Now option only sets the now time during playback when using the Smart tool, Comping tool, or Move tool (when clicking whitespace only). All other tools do not set the Now time when clicking in the Clips pane.
- The Track view Options > Click Behavior > Transport Seeking Stops Playback option specifies if playback should stop when changing the timeline position during playback.
- By default, the Play List no longer prompts to save project changes during playback.
- SHIFT+double-clicking a clip no longer hides other tracks.
- CTRL+T shortcut is now ‘Insert Audio Track’ instead of ‘Hide tracks not in selection’.
- Edit > Paste no longer uses settings from the Edit > Paste Special dialog box. The use the Paste Special settings, go to Edit > Preferences > Customization – Editing and select ‘Use Paste Special Options on Paste’.
- SHIFT+Z shortcut is no longer assigned to the Track view View > Auto Track Zoom command by default. The Auto Track Zoom command can be assigned to any shortcut in Edit > Preferences > Customization – Keyboard Shortcuts.
- The ‘RTZ’ command has been renamed to ‘Rewind to Landmarks’.
- The ‘Go to Beginning (1:1:0)’ command has been renamed to ‘Go to Start (RTZ)’.
- The ‘Go to Start (RTZ)’ and ‘Go to End’ buttons now accurately seek to project beginning and end, and do not stop playback.
- The ‘Go to Start’ transport button uses the CTRL+HOME shortcut.
- Improved application startup time especially when many 32-bit plug-ins are present.
- Improved efficiency when playing back or looping projects with lots of plug-ins at low latency.
- Faster loading of project files containing many plug-ins and synths.
- Switching plug-in presets is faster.
- Exporting or bouncing projects containing clips stretched using élastique audio is faster, because stretches are no longer pre-processed prior to rendering.
Homepage – https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7 or higher (64-bit only)
- Multi-core Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 3GB free disk space
- 1280×800 screen resolution
- ASIO compatible hardware is recommended
64-bit Mix Engine
The first to offer this precision audio technology, SONAR’s advanced 64-bit mix engine delivers clean, dynamic, accurate mixes every time.
Never worry about signal degradation again. You can always be sure your plug-ins are outputting the highest quality audio possible.
SONAR supports the most stable, accurate, and efficient plug-in format for Windows machines so you can use more FX and synths in your project.
Another industry first, SONAR’s compatibility with touch devices adds analog feel and workflow-enhancing efficiency.
Compatibility comes standard. We’re always on top of our game, ensuring support on all the most current Windows platforms.
Harness the power of Audio Random Access for seamless integration of powerful and modern editing tools.
Size: 53.9 MB