Cakewalk by BandLab is FREE award-winning Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for the professional music recording, mixing, and mastering. From getting a great tone to releasing the final mix, today's musicians must master every element of the music production process.
Easily compose complete songs and performances with creative songwriting tools and instruments. Capture inspired performances with pristine quality and unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch, time, and any other aspect of your recordings. Achieve pristine pro-studio sounds and create big, clear, dynamic mixes with advanced mixing tools.
Polish your finished mixes to perfection with built-in mastering tools. Export and publish your songs directly to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook and more.
Dial up the perfect synth sound with Rapture or a searing guitar tone with TH2 Producer. Record it, tighten it, chop it, and drop it in the Matrix for realtime triggering. Shape it with the expandable ProChannel. Warm it with the Console Emulator. And do it all with a single Smart Tool.
Cakewalk by BandLab leaves other DAWs in the dust with industry leading features. Edit and correct vocals like a pro with Melodyne Essential. Create the most realistic and authentic drums sounds with the full version of XLN Audio Addictive Drums.
Get that epic, pro-sound that has defined the last 25 years of recording with the ProChannel. Now with the QuadCurve EQ Zoom and analyzer for the ultimate precision. Get that vintage analog sound with the new ProChannel Tape Emulator and the Console Emulator.
Cakewalk by BandLab Key features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Mix with unlimited effects, sends and busses
- Move seamlessly across all your production tasks with Skylight Interface
- Record and mix with the end-to-end 64-bit double precision engine
- Gobbler cloud saving and sharing
- Program beats using the Step Sequencer
- Play loops in real-time with the Matrix View
- Customize searing guitar tones with Overloud TH2 Producer amp sim
- Create modern, electronic dance sounds with Z3TA+ Classic
- Play and record with 23 instruments including Rapture and Dimension Pro
- Edit audio and MIDI, hassle free, with Smart Tool and Smart Grid
- Get full control of the timing and feel of your tracks with AudioSnap
- Custom touch support on touch-enabled devices running Windows 10
- Get that epic, pro studio sound with the ergonomic ProChannel console strip
- ProChannel Console Emulator and new Tape Emulator for authentic vintage analog sound
- Add lush reverb with the versatile BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel module
- Includes 8 ProChannel modules - expandable with additional modules (sold separately)
- Finalize and master your songs with high-quality Linear Phase plugins
- Share your music on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, and now YouTube
And it doesn’t stop there with a new mixing suite powered by the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes FX and BlueVerb, Tone2 BiFilter 2, AAS Lounge Lizard Session, AAS Strum Acoustic Session, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and much more.
Cakewalk by BandLab now boasts a powerful new line up designed to meet the needs of any musician, regardless of skill level or budget. You always get the latest and greatest version no matter when you make your purchase. In addition, enjoy 12 months of rolling updates and keep everything you received - forever.
- The Arranger track is an arrangement tool that provides several workflow benefits:
- Easily rearrange sections of the entire project as one unit instead of moving individual clips. For example, instantly swap the positions of the first and second chorus for all tracks, or copy the first verse in order to double its duration.
- Experiment with different song structures in a non-destructive and non-linear manner. For example, does your song work best in AABA, ABAB, or ABAC song form? Define time range sections and sequence them in any order without destructively moving any clip data. You can even save multiple arrangements within each project.
- Create a color coded overview of the song structure, and use the Arranger Inspector to quickly navigate around the project and jump to song sections.
- Create arbitrary song sections anywhere on the project timeline, then later string them together for seamless playback.
- Sections provide an additional way to perform time based selections and edits of the project.
- Create an unlimited number of arrangements per project, which can all be exported simultaneously.
- Arranger functionality is distributed across two views:
- Arranger track. To show or hide the Arranger track, click the Track view View menu and choose Arranger Track Show/Hide, or press A. The Arranger track timeline shows all defined sections. You can drag to create and rearrange sections, then freely move them along the timeline. Any changes in the Arranger timeline are immediately reflected in the Arranger Inspector’s Sections list, and vice versa.
- Arranger Inspector. To show/hide the Arranger Inspector, click the Show/Hide Arranger button at the top of the Inspector pane, or press ALT+SHIFT+I.
Misc. Features & Enhancements
- ProChannel module presets. In addition to saving presets of the entire ProChannel chain (all modules), you can also save and load presets of individual modules. The per module preset controls are located on the left side of each module header bar.
- Several ProChannel module presets have been provided in this release.
- Copy/paste settings between ProChannel modules. You can copy settings from any ProChannel module and paste the settings to any other instance of the same module on any track or bus.
- Append per-output Instrument tracks. When you insert a multi-timbral soft synth, you can specify how many Instrument output tracks to create, up to the maximum supported by the synth. If you do not initially create the maximum number of available output tracks, you can later add additional tracks on demand from the Synth Rack view or the track strip context menu.
- App has been updated for all languages.
- The Display Clip Fade Attenuation option in Edit > Preferences > Customization – Display is now available as a key binding.
- Audio Driver Mode in Preferences now changes immediately without needing to click the Apply button.
- Updated to latest VST3 SDK, which includes VST bug fixes.
- The behavior of the ‘Track(s)’ counter has changed when inserting a multi-timbral soft synth via the Add Track menu. When Instrument Track Per Output or Split Instrument Track is selected, the Track(s) counter now specifies how many Instrument output tracks to create instead of how many unique instances of the synth to create.
- CTRL+DELETE deletes tracks.
- Delete Track only deletes the focused track if the focused track is not also selected.
- When a combination of tracks and track folders are selected, the context menu displays ‘Delete Selected Tracks and Folders’.
- ‘Enable/Disable Enhanced Keyboard Editing Mode’ shortcut is unassigned by default.
- The default keyboard shortcut (0 on the numeric keypad) to enable/disable Enhanced Keyboard Editing Mode has been removed. To enable/disable Enhanced Keyboard Editing Mode, go to Edit > Preferences > Customization – Keyboard Shortcuts and assign Enhanced Keyboard Editing to an unused keyboard shortcut.
- ‘Bypass All Audio Effects’ shortcut is unassigned by default. To bypass all audio effect, click the Bypass all Effects button in the Control Bar’s Mix module.
- Horizontal zooming no longer centers Now Time.
- When zooming with the mouse wheel or CTRL+LEFT/RIGHT ARROW shortcuts, if the Now Time is currently within view, its position will be retained while zooming. If the Now Time is not present in the view, the zoom behavior is unchanged.
- ProChannel modules display friendly short names.
- Applying a Workspace/Screenset referencing track based views to an empty project can crash or cause unexpected behavior.
- Crash when freezing archived track.
- Crash when freezing track after setting input to None.
- Crash when cancelling a real-time Freeze operation.
- Crash on undo of Ripple Edit delete.
- Missing project file patch causes crash.
- Hang on project close.
- User reported crash: Cakewalk.exe!CFretControlBar::resetNow() Line 220.
- Cannot remove ARA plug-in as Region FX if the plug-in is not installed.
- iZotope Relay does not draw Advanced tab in VST3.
- iZotope plug-ins display track names incorrectly.
- SPACEBAR doesn’t work with new Waves StudioRack plug-in.
- Background not repainted in Waves StudioRack plug-in when opening module or resizing from UI.
- Seeking with lower Disk Buffers/Higher Audio card latency causes audio to cut out.
- Archived Aux tracks pass signal.
- Soloing Aux tracks mutes metronome on playback.
- Having no playback master selected causes loss of audio with no reported errors.
- Cancelling Freeze can cause Interleave and Phase buttons to change unexpectedly.
- Incorrect audio range when bouncing or exporting with no audio drivers present.
- Inspector strip context menu appears on wrong monitor.
- Double-click to open Clip Properties Inspector not working as expected.
- Inspector displays wrong output strip after clicking Inspector strip with track sending to aux.
- Inspector flickers when switching between tabs.
- Some Inspector keyboard shortcuts fail to close tabs.
- Aim Assist gets stuck at time zero after dragging a plug-in from the Browser.
- Reverse touchpad scrolling direction in some views.
- Marker view ‘Lk’ column does not show locked status in Tungsten theme.
- Dragging clips with Snap By can have unexpected results.
- SHIFT+rigt-click behavior not consistent with MIDI tracks.
- Screensets and view state unnecessarily persisted for unused internal views.
- Using mouse wheel in ‘Locked & Centered’ Control Bar results in left aligned Control Bar.
- Instrument tracks mute MIDI channel when using ALT+M.
- Verify failed duplicating instrument track.
- Keybinding for Input Echo does not update Simple Instrument Tracks in Track view.
- Unexpected behavior with Instrument tracks when adding MIDI ports.
- Adding or removing MIDI devices can cause soft synths to be assigned to incorrect ports.
- Custom project load affirmations truncate messages that are more than one line.
- Custom project load affirmations display unexpected characters in multibyte languages like Japanese and Chinese.
- Deleting multiple tracks in folders removes folder from project.
- Project looping turns off after recording.
- Editing text in Piano Roll view Drum Map triggers keyboard shortcuts.
- Hardware MIDI devices with the same names cannot be opened.
Behavior changes & optimizations
- Improved audio resampling quality in WASAPI Shared mode.
- The default MIDI Prepare Buffer size has been changed to 200 msec. Limitations preventing the MIDI buffer from being set lower have been removed. There should be no need to change the buffer size from the new default value anymore, since the engine automatically raises the internal size when necessary.
- On first launch, Cakewalk will reset the MIDI buffer size to the new default value of 200 msec (Preferences > MIDI – Playback and Recording > Prepare Using n Millisecond Buffers).
- Opening Cakewalk in WASAPI Shared mode stops audio in other apps that share the audio device(s).
- Potential crash when changing audio configuration settings (Preferences > Audio – Configuration File) during playback in ASIO driver mode.
- Potential crash when opening ASIO panel from Preferences > Audio – Driver Settings.
- Deleting data clears the selection.
- In rare cases, Input Echo could not be disabled in Instrument tracks.
- Reassigning a synth output track’s Input control to None no longer disables the Input Echo control.
- When doing a real time export of a project (Fast Bounce disabled), the project no longer scrolls.
- Now time in musical time (H:M:S:F or any time based format) doesn’t update to reflect new time when changing tempo.
- PreSonus Studio 192 crashes when changing buffer size.
- Playback distortion at certain buffer sizes with some ASIO drivers after 2019.11 update.
- Changing the audio latency in Preferences > Audio – Driver Settings can cause audio distortion in ASIO and WASAPI Exclusive mode if the driver doesn’t accept the new latency value.
- Plug-in Load Balancing crashes if MixThreadCount in Preferences > Audio – Configuration File is set to a value of 1.
- Potential hang if certain kinds of dropouts occur in the audio engine while using Plug-in Load Balancing.
- Setting ‘Fade On Stop’ in Preferences > Audio – Playback and Recording to >0 prevents RestartEngineAfterDropout from working.
Homepage – https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7 or higher (64-bit only)
- Multi-core Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 3GB free disk space
- 1280×800 screen resolution
- ASIO compatible hardware is recommended
64-bit Mix Engine
The first to offer this precision audio technology, SONAR’s advanced 64-bit mix engine delivers clean, dynamic, accurate mixes every time.
Never worry about signal degradation again. You can always be sure your plug-ins are outputting the highest quality audio possible.
SONAR supports the most stable, accurate, and efficient plug-in format for Windows machines so you can use more FX and synths in your project.
Another industry first, SONAR’s compatibility with touch devices adds analog feel and workflow-enhancing efficiency.
Compatibility comes standard. We’re always on top of our game, ensuring support on all the most current Windows platforms.
Harness the power of Audio Random Access for seamless integration of powerful and modern editing tools.
Size: 53.9 MB