Audacity is a free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, AAC, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 files, and more.
Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, apply effects to your recordings, change the speed or pitch of a recording, and really much more.
The program has the built-in effects, including Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.
Audacity is without a doubt one of the best and easiest digital audio editors on the market and it will meet any requirement at 100% no matter if it is home or professional audio edition.
Audacity Key Features:
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Record live audio.
- Supports 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit (floating point) samples (the latter preserves samples in excess of full scale).
- Record computer playback on Windows Vista and later by choosing “Windows WASAPI” host in Device Toolbar then a “loopback” input.
- Import and Export WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- Import and export AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC) and WMA with the optional FFmpeg library (this also supports import of audio from video files).
- Numerous effects including change speed or pitch and vocal reduction or isolation (given suitable stereo tracks).
- And more! See the complete list of features.
- Equalization effect now split into two effects, Filter Curve and Graphic EQ.
- Presets (using manage button) now active/working.
- Can now have two points at same frequency for steep steps.
- ‘What you hear is what you get’ for exports. Formerly the solo button
preferences could lead to differences in which tracks were exported.
- Leading silence (blank space) not skipped over in exports.
- Quality setting on AAC/M4A exports.
- Some confusing functionality removed (better achieved in other ways)
- Removed Nyquist Workbench (use built-in nyquist features)
- Removed Vocal Remover (use Vocal Reduction)
- Removed On-Demand aliased files (copy files instead)
- Removed ‘Normalize on Load’ (Normalize as needed on export, instead)
Over 150 bugs in 2.3.2 fixed, including:
- 2112 – Crash when opening Equalization settings in a Macro
- 2127 – Crash deleting a track while in Record/Pause state
- 2176 – Crash when attempting to time shift multiple tracks
- 2141 – Tabbing between labels stopped working
- 2200 – Refusal to export some large (4GB) files on size grounds
Homepage – http://www.audacityteam.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave.
(Windows 10 may require appropriate audio drivers.)
Size: 21.4 MB