Microsoft SQL Server 2016 delivers breakthrough mission-critical capabilities with in-memory performance and operational analytics built-in.
It is the biggest leap forward in Microsoft's data platform history with real-time operational analytics, rich visualizations on mobile devices, built-in advanced analytics. Also it has new advanced security technology, and new hybrid cloud scenarios.
Comprehensive security features like new Always Encrypted technology help protect your data at rest and in motion. And a world-class high availability and disaster recovery solution adds new enhancements to AlwaysOn technology.
Organizations will gain deeper insights into all of their data with new capabilities. That go beyond business intelligence to perform advanced analytics directly within their database. Also present rich visualizations for business insights on any device.
You can also gain the benefits of hyper-scale cloud with new hybrid scenarios. That enables new Stretch Database technology. It lets you dynamically stretch your warm and cold transactional data to Microsoft Azure in a secured way. So your data is always at hand for queries, no matter the size. In addition, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 delivers a complete database platform for hybrid cloud, enabling you to easily build, deploy and manage solutions that span on-premises and cloud.
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 builds on this leadership, and will come packed with powerful built-in features. As the least vulnerable database for six years in a row, SQL Server 2016 offers security that no other database can match. It also has the data warehouse with the highest price-performance. Furthermore it offers end-to-end mobile BI solutions on any device at a fraction of the cost of other vendors.
The Microsoft's cloud-first product development model means that new features get hardened at scale in the cloud, delivering proven on-premises experience. In addition, Microsoft offers a consistent experience across on-premises and cloud with common development and management tools and common T-SQL.
Benefits of Microsoft SQL Server 2016:
- Enhanced in-memory performance provide up to 30x faster transactions. More than 100x faster queries than disk based relational databases and real-time operational analytics.
- New Always Encrypted technology helps protect your data at rest and in motion, on-premises and in the cloud, with master keys sitting with the application, without application changes.
- Built-in advanced analytics. Provide the scalability and performance benefits of building and running your advanced analytics algorithms directly in the core SQL Server transactional database.
- Business insights through rich visualizations on mobile devices with native apps for Windows, iOS and Android.
- Simplify management of relational and non-relational data with ability to query both through standard T-SQL using PolyBase technology.
- Stretch Database technology keeps more of your customer’s historical data at your fingertips. It transparently stretches your warm and cold OLTP data to Microsoft Azure in a secure manner without application changes.
- Faster hybrid backups, high availability and disaster recovery scenarios to backup and restore your on-premises databases to Microsoft Azure and place your SQL Server AlwaysOn secondaries in Azure
Languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish
Size: 2.05 GB