Beyond those basic functions, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality. The application also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders.
One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
WinSCP is also available as a plugin to two file managers, FAR and Servant Salamander.
- Integration with Windows (drag and drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces.
- Optionally stores session information.
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Oher important features:
- FTPS (FTP over TLS/SSL) support.
- It is possible to change group/owner of a remote file by UID/GID.
- XML logging for more formal and machine-readable representation of operations performed during the session.
- Filter for file panel.
- Improvements to dark theme:
- Dark theme for column headers.
- Toggling between light and dark interface theme is faster.
- Bug fix: Failure when switching between light and dark interface themes.
- Bug fix: Disconnected remote panel background color does not reflect theme change.
- Looking for
WinSCP.exealso in entry .NET assembly folder.
- Support for IBM z/OS Tape files.
- Bug fix: Occasional hang when loading file icons.
- Bug fix: Failure while closing application and suspending computer after operation completion.
Changes in WinSCP 5.15.5 (hotfix):
- Back-propagated fixes and changes from 5.16–5.16.1 releases:
- Security fix from PuTTY 0.73: On Windows, other applications were able to bind to the same TCP port as a WinSCP local port forwarding. vuln-win-exclusiveaddruse
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.9.
- Bug fix: Error when reopening a remote file whose local temporary copy has been deleted.
- Bug fix: Edited path was hidden behind a browsing button on file/directory path selection boxes.
- Bug fix: Start menu and Task bar icons are too small when installed from Microsoft Store.
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.73.
- Installer translations updated: Czech, Dutch, German, Italian, Polish, Slovak and Turkish.
Homepage – https://winscp.net
Using WinSCP, you can connect to an SSH (Secure Shell) server with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) or SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) service, to an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server or HTTP server with WebDAV service.SFTP is a standard part of the SSH-2 package. SCP is a standard part of the SSH-1 package. You can also run both protocols on the latter SSH version. WinSCP supports both SSH-1 and SSH-2. For authentication, you can use user name and password or public key (RSA or DSA). Other authorization types include TIS, Cryptocard, Keyboard-interactive, and Kerberos.For FTP, both the basic unencrypted variant and FTPS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For WebDAV, both the basic unencrypted variant and WebDAVS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For SFTP, the only requirement beyond the server requirements above is to run SFTP on the server. It is best to run it as an SSH-2 subsystem. If you select SFTP-only on the Login dialog and the SFTP subsystem is not found, WinSCP will try to find the SFTP server in some common directories (
/usr/local/lib/sftp-server, etc.). This way, it is possible to use SFTP even with SSH-1, which does not support subsystems.
Size: 8.64 MB