WinSCP is an open source freeware SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows.
Its main function is safevfile transfer between a local and a remote computer, using SSH (Secure Shell).
Beyond those basic functions, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
The application also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders.
One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
WinSCP is also available as a plugin to two file managers, FAR and Servant Salamander.
- Integration with Windows (drag and drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces.
- Optionally stores session information.
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Most important changes are:
- FTPS (FTP over TLS/SSL) support.
- It is possible to change group/owner of a remote file by UID/GID.
- XML logging for more formal and machine-readable representation of operations performed during the session.
- Filter for file panel.
Homepage – https://winscp.net
Size: 7.48 MB