Beyond those basic functions, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality. The application also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders.
One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
WinSCP is also available as a plugin to two file managers, FAR and Servant Salamander.
- Integration with Windows (drag and drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces.
- Optionally stores session information.
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Oher important features:
- FTPS (FTP over TLS/SSL) support.
- It is possible to change group/owner of a remote file by UID/GID.
- XML logging for more formal and machine-readable representation of operations performed during the session.
- Filter for file panel.
- Back-propagated SSH security fixes from PuTTY 0.72:
- Integer underflow parsing SSH-1 packet length. vuln-ssh1-buffer-length-underflow
- Buffer overflow in SSH-1 if server sends two tiny RSA keys. vuln-ssh1-short-rsa-keys
- Windows Pageant client code does not check response length field. vuln-win-pageant-client-missing-length-check
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.72.
- Using recommended sizes of icons when installed from Microsoft Store.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.7.
- Translations updated: Hungarian, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- File panel incremental search can be disabled using raw configuration setting.
- Retrying deleting fake temporary folder created when pasting remote files to Windows File Explorer.
- Bug fix: With every start on a monitor with different DPI than the primary monitor, dimensions of the window and some of its components change slightly.
- Bug fix: Speed limit does not work with S3 protocol.
- Bug fix: Site folder loses names of its sites.
- Bug fix: Compare Files extension cannot handle paths with spaces.
- Bug fix: Local recycle bin is unintentionally scanned, slowing down browsing.
- Bug fix: .NET assembly debug log file timestamps shows as GMT, while they are actually local times.
- Bug fix: Cannot upload files over 50 GB to S3.
- Bug fix: When using a local custom command from Synchronization checklist window, opened from a command-line, the connection was closed.
- Bug fix: When saving an edited site or default settings, WinSCP prompted for the master password, even when the site does not have any password to protect.
- Bug fix: When opening a connection from a command-line, which does not have a local directory set yet, local panel is opened empty.
Homepage – https://winscp.net
Using WinSCP, you can connect to an SSH (Secure Shell) server with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) or SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) service, to an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server or HTTP server with WebDAV service.SFTP is a standard part of the SSH-2 package. SCP is a standard part of the SSH-1 package. You can also run both protocols on the latter SSH version. WinSCP supports both SSH-1 and SSH-2. For authentication, you can use user name and password or public key (RSA or DSA). Other authorization types include TIS, Cryptocard, Keyboard-interactive, and Kerberos.For FTP, both the basic unencrypted variant and FTPS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For WebDAV, both the basic unencrypted variant and WebDAVS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For SFTP, the only requirement beyond the server requirements above is to run SFTP on the server. It is best to run it as an SSH-2 subsystem. If you select SFTP-only on the Login dialog and the SFTP subsystem is not found, WinSCP will try to find the SFTP server in some common directories (
/usr/local/lib/sftp-server, etc.). This way, it is possible to use SFTP even with SSH-1, which does not support subsystems.
Size: 7.48 MB