Beyond those basic functions, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality. The application also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders.
One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
WinSCP is also available as a plugin to two file managers, FAR and Servant Salamander.
- Integration with Windows (drag and drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces.
- Optionally stores session information.
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Oher important features:
- FTPS (FTP over TLS/SSL) support.
- It is possible to change group/owner of a remote file by UID/GID.
- XML logging for more formal and machine-readable representation of operations performed during the session.
- Filter for file panel.
- Translation completed: French.
- Restored compatibility with FTP servers that return malformed
pdirentries in directory listing.
- Fix from PuTTY 0.76: Avoid crash in MIT Kerberos for Windows on session restart.
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.76. It brings the following change: After 30 or so simultaneous sessions, Pageant stops working. win-pageant-max-connections
- Bug fix: Empty local drive could not be entered.
- Bug fix: TLS settings in default site settings is not restored when opening Login dialog in some cases.
- Bug fix: Memory leak when deleting completed background transfers.
- Bug fix: Hang when running under Task Scheduler or a similar service with session logging enabled.
Changes in WinSCP 5.19.1:
- Translation updated: Italian.
- Considering global passive/active mode settings when importing sessions from FileZilla
- Incrementing port numbers for secondary connections of tunneled sessions with fixed forwarding port number.
- Bug fix: Failure when automatically opening a workspace on startup with too many sessions.
- Bug fix: Failure when reading a key file without a trailing newline.
- Bug fix: Failure when SFTP server resolves
.path to an empty string.
Changes in WinSCP 5.19.0:
- When installing an extension from a URL, not saving the extension with BOM.
- Not aborting “Keep remote directory up to date” function when connection is lost while deleting files or looking for differences and the session is reconnected.
- Bug fix: When handling URL in an existing WinSCP instance, session settings from a stored site named after the URL hostname are not used.
- Bug fix: It was possible to move toolbar on progress windows.
- Bug fix: When installing an extension from a file, it is always saved in UTF-8 with BOM, disregarding the original encoding.
- Bug fix: When “Keep remote directory up to date” function was started from command-line, disconnects were not detected.
- Bug fix: When connection was lost and not reconnected, the “Keep remote directory up to date” window was not closed.
Changes in WinSCP 5.17.10:
- Back-propagated security fixes from 5.18.1 release:
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1i.
- Bug fix: Prevent loading session settings that can lead to remote code execution from handled URLs.
Changes in WinSCP 5.17.9:
- Translation updated: German.
- Bug fix: Failure when using S3/AWS access ID or region longer than 32 characters.
- Bug fix: Failure when opening some menus while having long text of specific length copied to the Clipboard.
- Bug fix: Failure when directory contains a file with too long name.
Changes in WinSCP 5.17.8:
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1h.
- Allow using Windows Store apps aliases as terminals (particularly Windows Terminal).
- Limiting error report and message search URLs to 4 KB, as larger URLs fail to open in some browsers.
- Bug fix:
Session.CompareDirectorieshandles incorrectly files with names containing reserved XML characters.
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.74.
- Bug fix: Keep local directory up to date extension fails if error occurs before session URL is parsed.
- Bug fix: SFTP uploads started over already disconnected session do not reconnect automatically.
Changes in WinSCP 5.17.7:
- WebDAV core upgraded to neon 0.31.2.
- Security fix from PuTTY 0.74: If an SSH server accepted an offer of a public key and then rejected the signature, WinSCP could access freed memory, if the key had come from an SSH agent.
- Displaying progress of synchronization in Keep local directory up to date extension.
- Displaying session name and operation status in console title of Keep local directory up to date extension.
- Translation updated: German.
- Removed workaround for lack of support for
max-keysparameter in Backblaze S3 API, as it is supported now.
- Bug fix: Failure while changing path using path label while another command was executing already.
- Bug fix: Failure when system settings change during synchronization.
- Bug fix: Failure when trying to close WinSCP while reading a remote directory.
- Bug fix: Failure after using files from a disconnected session (for example saving an edited file).
- Bug fix: Directory reading cannot be cancelled for SFTP servers that provide optional
- Bug fix: Going to root folder in the local panel does not update selection in the directory tree.
Changes in WinSCP 5.17.6:
- Added new
- Translation updated: Brazilian Portuguese.
- Not defaulting to Documents folder on a network drive even if it is mapped.
- Workaround for lack of support for
max-keysparameter in Backblaze S3 API.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.0.5.
- Bug fix: Transfer settings are not preserved when starting synchronization in new window.
- Bug fix: Keep remote directory up to date window cannot be restored after it was minimized to tray using Minimize to System Tray command, when the window was opened from command-line or using Start in New Window command.
- Bug fix: Starting synchronization in a new window should be disabled when Selected files only option is selected, as that combination is not implemented.
- Bug fix: Starting a synchronization in a new window does not work if the remote path consist of one level only.
- Bug fix: Failure when canceling an authentication of an ad-hoc session from a workspace opened from command-line.
- Bug fix: GSSAPI key exchange authentication is off by default as it caused failures when old version of MIT Kerberos was installed on the machine.
Homepage – https://winscp.net
Using WinSCP, you can connect to an SSH (Secure Shell) server with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) or SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) service, to an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server or HTTP server with WebDAV service.SFTP is a standard part of the SSH-2 package. SCP is a standard part of the SSH-1 package. You can also run both protocols on the latter SSH version. WinSCP supports both SSH-1 and SSH-2. For authentication, you can use user name and password or public key (RSA or DSA). Other authorization types include TIS, Cryptocard, Keyboard-interactive, and Kerberos.For FTP, both the basic unencrypted variant and FTPS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For WebDAV, both the basic unencrypted variant and WebDAVS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For SFTP, the only requirement beyond the server requirements above is to run SFTP on the server. It is best to run it as an SSH-2 subsystem. If you select SFTP-only on the Login dialog and the SFTP subsystem is not found, WinSCP will try to find the SFTP server in some common directories (
/usr/local/lib/sftp-server, etc.). This way, it is possible to use SFTP even with SSH-1, which does not support subsystems.
Size: 8.72 MB