Beyond those basic functions, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality. The application also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders.
One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
WinSCP is also available as a plugin to two file managers, FAR and Servant Salamander.
- Integration with Windows (drag and drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces.
- Optionally stores session information.
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Oher important features:
- FTPS (FTP over TLS/SSL) support.
- It is possible to change group/owner of a remote file by UID/GID.
- XML logging for more formal and machine-readable representation of operations performed during the session.
- Filter for file panel.
- Optionally using Ctrl+F4 to close session tab.
Changes in WinSCP 5.16.7 RC:
- New DigiCert EV code signing certificate valid until February 2023 is used for signing binaries.
- Ignoring incorrect timestamps in MDTM response, while autodetecting timezone difference.
- Storage configuration on Preferences dialog handles INI files specified on a command-line better.
- Added an example for using Win32-OpenSSH ssh.exe as an SSH terminal.
- It is possible to configure TLS 1.3 restrictions.
- Bug fix: Using directory exclude mask while searching caused all non excluded folder to be unintentionally included in the search results.
- Bug fix: It is not possible to recursively search for a folder.
Changes in WinSCP 5.16.6 RC:
- When creating WinSCP shortcut, make it use the same configuration as the creating instance.
- Translation updated: French.
Changes in WinSCP 5.16.5 RC:
- .NET assembly functionality to process individual
- Convenience method
- Translations completed: Spanish and Korean.
RemotePath.TranslateRemotePathToLocalcan accept a directory source path equal to the source root path with a missing trailing slash.
- Custom commands keyboard shortcuts work on Synchronization checklist dialog.
- Enable queue processing/Once Done queue options should be disabled/triggered once all queued operations are completed, not only after the queue list is empty.
/bin/shto the list of shells.
Backwork better on Raw Site Settings dialog.
- Logging deletion of local source file.
- Bug fix:
ComparisonDifference.IsDirectorywas not set to true for directories.
- Bug fix: Cannot list WebDAV directory when any of the files is locked and the
elements contain whitespaces around its contents.
- Bug fix: Colored session icon does not display on high DPI.
- Bug fix: Failure when starting synchronization when application task bar button is not fully working.
Changes in WinSCP 5.16.4 RC:
- Bug fix: Version check did not work with five digit build number.
Changes in WinSCP 5.16.3 RC:
- Translations completed: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- New DigiCert code signing certificate used for signing binaries valid until February 2023.
- Not defaulting to Documents folder on a network drive.
- Improvements to cleaning up application data:
- Cleanup application data dialog shows only data that exist.
- Uninstaller does not offer to delete application data, when there are not any.
- The option to cleanup cached host keys cleans all other caches as well.
- Bug fix: Cleaning up cached SSH host keys did not work.
- Bug fix: Cleaning up configuration did not remove jumplist.
- Bug fix: Running WinSCP for a maintenance task unintentionally creates a random seed file.
- Bug fix: Failure when cleaning up sites from Login dialog.
- Bug fix: Failure when change in subfolder is detected while keeping remote directory up to date.
- Bug fix: Failure when synchronizing directories after they were previously synchronized while being empty.
- Bug fix: Name of the selected directory in tree is dark on dark background in dark mode.
Changes in WinSCP 5.16.2 RC:
- Improvements to dark theme:
- Dark theme for column headers.
- Toggling between light and dark interface theme is faster.
- Bug fix: Failure when switching between light and dark interface themes.
- Bug fix: Disconnected remote panel background color does not reflect theme change.
- Looking for
WinSCP.exealso in entry .NET assembly folder.
- Support for IBM z/OS Tape files.
- Bug fix: Occasional hang when loading file icons.
- Bug fix: Failure while closing application and suspending computer after operation completion.
Changes in WinSCP 5.15.9 (hotfix):
- Temporarily using old DigiCert code signing certificate that does not trigger “Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting” warning.
- Bug fix: Version check did not work with five digit build number (skipping 5.15.8 as a workaround).
Homepage – https://winscp.net
Using WinSCP, you can connect to an SSH (Secure Shell) server with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) or SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) service, to an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server or HTTP server with WebDAV service.SFTP is a standard part of the SSH-2 package. SCP is a standard part of the SSH-1 package. You can also run both protocols on the latter SSH version. WinSCP supports both SSH-1 and SSH-2. For authentication, you can use user name and password or public key (RSA or DSA). Other authorization types include TIS, Cryptocard, Keyboard-interactive, and Kerberos.For FTP, both the basic unencrypted variant and FTPS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For WebDAV, both the basic unencrypted variant and WebDAVS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For SFTP, the only requirement beyond the server requirements above is to run SFTP on the server. It is best to run it as an SSH-2 subsystem. If you select SFTP-only on the Login dialog and the SFTP subsystem is not found, WinSCP will try to find the SFTP server in some common directories (
/usr/local/lib/sftp-server, etc.). This way, it is possible to use SFTP even with SSH-1, which does not support subsystems.
Size: 8.65 MB