The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major operating systems. The user interface is similar to the µTorrent, one of the official BitTorrent client.
This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux. qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez.
Its main features are its integrated search engine. It allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion.
qBittorrent supports l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain).
qBittorrent is based on Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar. Moreover, it supports the remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.1.6:
- BUGFIX: Force recheck multiple torrents one by one in all possible cases. Closes #9120 (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Don’t query Google for tracker favicons, for privacy reasons (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Work around the crash occurred in QTimer. Closes #9985 (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Increase the .torrent file download size limit to 100 MiB (thalieht)
- BUGFIX: Disable downloading tracker favicons by default. Works around reported crashes in Linux. Closes #9667 (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Separate URL components before percent-decoding. Allow special characters in query string parameters. Closes #9116 (glassez)
- WEBUI: Prevent login credential appearing in URL. Closes #10221 (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Fix translatable strings (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Correctly handle ‘+’ sign in x-www-form-urlencoded data. Closes #10451 (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Remove closed connections immediately. Closes #10487 (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Fix “Create subfolder” option is not working. Closes ##10392 (Chocobo1)
- SEARCH: Make num enter key work the same as return in searchjobwidget (thalieht)
- LINUX: Make window title bar icon work in Wayland (Peter Eszlari)
- LINUX: Update appdata.xml file (Chocobo1)
- MACOS: Fix progress bar drawing by using different style than native (Nick Korotysh)
- MACOS: Updated and cleaned up fields in Info.plist (Nick Korotysh)
- OTHER: Mention more translators in the about tab. Closes #10043 (sledgehammer999)
Homepage – https://www.qbittorrent.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave
Size: 19.3 MB