The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major operating systems. The user interface is similar to the µTorrent, one of the official BitTorrent client.
This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux. qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez.
Its main features are its integrated search engine. It allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion.
qBittorrent supports l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain).
qBittorrent is based on Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar. Moreover, it supports the remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.1.8:
- BUGFIX: Fix filename validation on non-Windows OS (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: ScanFolders/FileSystemWatcher now detect magnet files with case insensitivity in filename (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Fix failed seeding after creating a torrent and auto-adding it to the session (Chocobo1)
Changes in v4.2.0alpha2_20190923_918ccefdc4a after the previous alpha:
- FEATURE: Add option to align file to piece boundary when creating new torrent (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Move “Check for program updates” checkbox to the Behavior settings (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Improve error messages for URL seed (Chocobo1)
- PERFORMANCE: Faster/efficient way of handling updates in the Transfer list (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Disable port selection when “Use different port on each startup” is selected (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Remove max character limit of location path (Clément Pera)
- RSS: Allow to cancel/retry the fetching of feeds (glassez)
Homepage – https://www.qbittorrent.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave
Size: 19.3 MB