Autodesk MotionBuilder 2022 is 3D character animation software for virtual production. It helps you to more efficiently manipulate and refine data with greater reliability. It is an ideal tool for high-volume game animation pipelines, virtual cinematography, and real-time character simulations.
Increase your animation output per artist and create higher quality animation. You can create, capture, edit, and play back complex character animation in a highly responsive, interactive environment. And work with a display optimized for both animators and directors.
With a strong focus on workflow efficiency, Autodesk MotionBuilder enables traditional animators and technical directors alike to take on the most demanding, high-volume animation projects.
Work interactively with animation tools that maximize speed and efficiency. Get instant playback of character performances, so there’s no need to preview or render animations.
Autodesk MotionBuilder 2022 is ideal for high-volume animation, virtual cinematography, previsualization, and performance animation. The stereoscopic toolsets enable you to capitalize on current entertainment trends.
This Autodesk software natively supports the platform-independent FBX 3D authoring and interchange format. That allows Autodesk MotionBuilder to integrate with any application in a production pipeline that supports FBX.
Autodesk MotionBuilder 2022 Features:
- Real-time 3D engine. Access one of the industry’s fastest animation tools.
- Motion capture editing and data cleanup. Includes production-proven tools to manipulate motion capture data.
- Stereoscopic toolsets. Capitalize on trends for stereoscopic 3D content.
- Smooth interoperability. With its software development kit, support for FBX data exchange technology, and Python scripting, MotionBuilder interoperates with certain products in the Entertainment Creation Suites. Establish live streaming between MotionBuilder and Autodesk Maya to send HumanIK characters between applications.
Take on demanding, high-volume projects:
- Support for consumer motion-capture devices
- Re-create elements of real-world cinematography with advanced camera options for Animatable Depth and Follow Focus
- Combine, blend, and layer to block out or previsualize scenes in less time with an additional 100 useful character animations
- Unified nondestructive, nonlinear editing environment
- Live device support and live data recording to disk
- Full-body inverse kinematics character technology with animation retargeting
- Available as a 64-bit executable for the Linux operating system
This release provides updates that help animators be more efficient and productive so they can spend more time on the creative.
- Toggle manipulator visibility: You can now turn on the new Display > Hide Manipulators during Playback option to remove all manipulator elements during scene playback, providing you with a cleaner viewing experience. See Display menu.
- Render scenes using MP4: MP4 is now an Output Format in the Render window. See Render Window Settings.
Bookmarks in the Schematic view
New bookmarks in the Schematic view let you quickly jump from one region of the schematic to another, eliminating the need to manually search for nodes. Bookmarks save the x and y position of the existing nodes, the expanded or collapsed state of the nodes, and the width, height, and zoom factor used by the Schematic view. See Creating bookmarks in the Schematic view.
Lock story clips
You can now lock story clips using the new In/Out Locked property. Locking a clip prevents animators from accidentally moving or retiming a clip, and avoids subsequent issues that can arise later in the animation pipeline. See Locking story clips.
New custom Frame Rate support
The frame rate 119.88 is now supported. This is a standard used for UHDTV and many cameras. See Playing Animation.
Unlimited undo levels
A new Undo preference (Settings > Preferences > Undo) lets you set an infinite undo queue. See Undo preferences.
Support for arithmetic operations
Numeric and timecode fields now support basic arithmetic operations. For more information on specific operators, see Using arithmetic operations in numeric and timecode fields.
Modify a single axis using a delta numerical value
Simply double-click a translation arrow, rotation ring, or scaling handle, and enter a value to precisely transform the object. See Translate objects, Rotate objects, and Scale objects.
Resize Add/Remove Namespace window
The Add/Remove Namespace window now easily accommodates long namespaces. The window’s default size is larger than in previous releases, and it can now be resized.
SDK Help improvements
When starting MotionBuilder from the command line the -3 flag is now supported, enabling Python 3000 compatibility warnings.
Homepage – https://www.autodesk.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise 8.2, 7.6-7.9 WS
- Linux CentOS 8.2, 7.6-7.9
Size: 893 MB