Adobe Illustrator 2022 software is the industry standard vector-drawing environment for designing across media. Express your creative vision with shapes, color, effects, and typography.
Adobe Illustrator 2022 works with speed and stability on large, complex files, and move designs efficiently among Adobe’s creative applications. Familiar tasks are now streamlined, from inline editing of layer names to precise color sampling.
This Adobe software includes the Adobe Mercury Performance System, with native 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows to power such tasks as opening, saving, and exporting large files and previewing elaborate designs.
The Touch Type tool of Adobe Illustrator 2022 gives you even more control over type: Move, scale, and rotate individual characters knowing you can change the font or copy at any time.
Adobe Illustrator 2022 works with type in more powerful ways. Place multiple files at once with full control, and create with a brush made from a photo. Design more easily for the web knowing you can quickly copy and paste automatically generated CSS code. Enjoy a new level of creativity with type. Individual characters now act like distinct objects. Move, scale, and rotate text characters, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And use your favorite mouse, stylus, or multitouch device.
Adobe Illustrator 2022 Features:
- Touch Type tool. Design with type in a powerful new way. Characters can now be manipulated like individual objects. Experiment with moving, scaling, and rotating, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And you can now use multitouch devices as well as a mouse or stylus.
- Images in brushes. Paint with a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so you can create complex organic designs quickly – with simple brush strokes.
- Font search. Find the perfect font – fast. In the Character panel, type a style such as “bold” or “italic,” a font family, or any other part of a font name.
- Sync Fonts. Sync Fonts will change the way you work with type. Quickly find the perfect font from the growing library of Adobe Typekit fonts, sync it to your system, and have it immediately available for use.
- CSS extraction. Hand-coding web elements such as icons and patterns can be frustrating. Now, create websites faster by letting Illustrator generate CSS code for you, even for a complete logo that includes gradients. Copy and paste the code right into your web editor.
- Sync Colors. Capture color themes out in the world with the Adobe Kuler iPhone app. Share your themes and explore thousands of others available on the Kuler website.
- Area and point type conversion. Instantly switch between area type and point type. Text object conversion is now instantaneous so you can design freely in your text layouts. And you can work just as easily with imported type, switching formats at any time.
- Behance Integration. Save work directly from Adobe Illustrator to Behance to showcase finished projects or share a work in progress. As you perfect your work and upload new versions, get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- File packaging. File packaging automatically gathers and saves the necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report into a single folder. Efficiently hand off Illustrator files to production or keep your working files organized by packaging up your project.
- Unembedded images. Easily unembed images that have been placed and embedded in an Adobe Illustrator file. You can quickly make images available for editing or extract files embedded in artwork you received from someone else.
- Sophisticated vector drawing tools. Create compelling vector graphics for print, web, mobile, and video. With precise shape-building tools, painterly brushes, and advanced path controls, you can experiment freely with intricate shapes, complex effects, and elegant typography.
- Mercury Performance System. Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files. With native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows, the Adobe Mercury Performance System lets you access all your RAM to easily open, save, and export large files and preview intricate designs.
- Multiple artboards. Organize and view up to 100 artboards of varying sizes, overlapping or on a grid. Quickly add, delete, reorder, and name. Save, export, and print independently or together.
- Gradients and transparency. Interact with gradients directly on objects, defining the dimension of elliptical gradients, editing colors, and adjusting opacity. Apply gradients to strokes – along the length, across the width, or within the stroke itself.
- Variable-width strokes. Draw strokes with variable widths, quickly and smoothly adjusting at any point. Create and save width profiles and apply them to any stroke, or use variable-width presets.
- Crisp graphics for web and mobile. Create and align vector objects precisely on your document’s pixel grid for clean, sharp raster graphics. Use text anti-aliasing options for precise control over individual text frames.
- Image Trace. Convert raster images to editable vectors with a powerful tracing engine that provides exceptional control over colors and shapes. Get clean lines, accurate fitting, and reliable results using simple, intuitive options.
- Pattern creation. Easily create seamlessly tiled vector patterns. Experiment freely with different kinds of repeating vector patterns that can be edited at any time for maximum design flexibility.
- Illustrator does not work or freezes when quitting the app
- When working with text on a new or existing document, discretionary hyphens do not function accurately
- Multiple log files with large sizes are created when working on Illustrator
- [macOS only] When the .AI file is saved with linked images and opened with Illustrator 26.0 or earlier versions, it displays the following error message “Illustrator could partially read this file”
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.0.1:
- Can’t type č from Czech keyboard and đ from vietnamese keyboard
- Stability fixes
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2022 26.0:
- The AdobeXMPScript framework that was used to read XMP data is missing in Illustrator 25.4
- Pre-typed text cannot be modified using the Fonts style menu in the Properties panel
- [macOS only] The layer name displays unreadable random characters for files with Japanese names exported in TIFF format
- [macOS only] When duplicated Pattern swatches are pasted in another document, the source pattern is applied to the duplicated ones
- The buttons in the Recolor Artwork panel display incorrect tooltips
- In the Swatch Options window, the color created in HSB mode displays sliders for RGB
- The modified unit values in Preferences > Units > General are not saved accurately
- In CC Libraries, the input, search, and rename functions for double-byte characters do no work
- In the Properties panel, values within each field cannot be dragged and selected
- The color picker does not apply the selected color to the object when the gradient slider is selected in the gradient panel
- Stability fixes
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2021 25.4.1:
- Outline view reverts to CPU Preview and will not re-engage GPU Preview mode
- Pasting text on selected text changes the text properties
- Fill Color (Global/Spot) of Objects is removed when you change any of the stroke properties
- CC Library panel does not work or freezes when accessed
- Unexpected behavior is noticed for Pattern swatches in Illustrator 25.3.1
- When you use Optical Type in version 25.3, the text is displayed without spaces
- [macOS only] The clipping path with a Japanese name is not recognized and the PSD image is displayed unmasked
- In Illustrator 25.3.1, a dot is displayed in En Space when Stroke and Round Caps are added to the text
- Canvas Rotation feature is obstructing Pinch in and Pinch out gestures on the trackpad
- Learn more tips dialog does not disappear or unable to close
- Graphics copied from Illustrator 25.3 are inserted in Figma as raster images instead of vector
- Can’t type ö and ü from German Keyboard
- Stability fixes.
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2021 25.3.1:
- Gaussian blur effect does not scale the object
- Multiple opacities applied on text do not display correctly in GPU preview
- Attributes panel shows Overprint in mixed selection state
- Paths drawn using Pencil tool do not appear smooth
- CC Library panel does not work or freezes when accessed
- [macOS only] Customized texture effect does not work when uploaded in Illustrator
- System compatibility report dialog displays when the GPU drivers are up to date
- Performance / Display issue with rotated line gradients, arrows, and appearances
- The color setting automatically changes to Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0 while switching from Illustrator to Photoshop
- Upon closing a file in Illustrator, all open files automatically close
- Text position changes while using Type on path tool
- Mojikumi set None is saved incorrectly
- Stability fixes
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2021 25.2:
- [macOS only] lllustrator crashes on MacBook Pro with M1 Apple chip
- When exporting a PNG, Trim Transparent Pixels feature does not work
- VBscript does not work when run from File > Other Scripts
- Live preview of Opacity mask editing mode is broken unless Clip or Invert checkbox is toggled twice
- View Using GPU option is unavailable in Outline mode
- Illustrator (version 25.1) hangs when Select>Object>All text objects option is selected
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2021 25.1:
- Issue when running an action from the script
- Distribute center with Align to Selection does not work on a group of elements
- Incorrect artboard numbering in Asset Export
- Illustrator crashes on deleting Drop Shadow from a copied object or a shape
- Illustrator crashes when running variable import script
- Unable to turn off isolation mode once enabled for an Illustrator file
- Width of Area Type object is limited to 13.888 inches
- When using Ctrl + [ after selecting a swatch or an asset from the Library panel, the Library panel gets closed and does not show any items on reopening
- Printer issues with Illustrator
- Bounding box for Free distort does not update on transforming artwork with GPU rendering enabled
- File gets exported in a wrong folder on choosing PNG format and selecting Use artboards check box
- Closing multiple file is tedious without an Apply to All option on File Close warning dialog
- Standard navigation controls needed in Illustrator: Scroll wheel for zooming and middle mouse button for panning
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2021 25.0.1:
- [macOS only] Text fields in third-party plug-ins do not work after using a built-in Illustrator text field
- [macOS only] Illustrator hangs on launch with old Wacom drivers
- [macOS only] Illustrator crashes on launch if coolType font is present
- Incorrect URL for the Help icon in Recolor dialog
- Display of GPU out of memory error dialog when creating a new document
- Crash and stability issues
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) versions V21H1, V20H2, V1909, and V2004.
- Windows Server versions V1607 (2017) and V1809 (2019).
- macOS 12.0 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Size: 1.16 GB