Adobe Illustrator 2021 software is the industry standard vector-drawing environment for designing across media. Express your creative vision with shapes, color, effects, and typography.
Adobe Illustrator 2021 works with speed and stability on large, complex files, and move designs efficiently among Adobe’s creative applications. Familiar tasks are now streamlined, from inline editing of layer names to precise color sampling.
This Adobe software includes the Adobe Mercury Performance System, with native 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows to power such tasks as opening, saving, and exporting large files and previewing elaborate designs.
The Touch Type tool of Adobe Illustrator 2021 gives you even more control over type: Move, scale, and rotate individual characters knowing you can change the font or copy at any time.
Adobe Illustrator 2021 works with type in more powerful ways. Place multiple files at once with full control, and create with a brush made from a photo. Design more easily for the web knowing you can quickly copy and paste automatically generated CSS code. Enjoy a new level of creativity with type. Individual characters now act like distinct objects. Move, scale, and rotate text characters, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And use your favorite mouse, stylus, or multitouch device.
Adobe Illustrator 2021 Features:
- Touch Type tool. Design with type in a powerful new way. Characters can now be manipulated like individual objects. Experiment with moving, scaling, and rotating, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And you can now use multitouch devices as well as a mouse or stylus.
- Images in brushes. Paint with a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so you can create complex organic designs quickly – with simple brush strokes.
- Font search. Find the perfect font – fast. In the Character panel, type a style such as “bold” or “italic,” a font family, or any other part of a font name.
- Sync Fonts. Sync Fonts will change the way you work with type. Quickly find the perfect font from the growing library of Adobe Typekit fonts, sync it to your system, and have it immediately available for use.
- CSS extraction. Hand-coding web elements such as icons and patterns can be frustrating. Now, create websites faster by letting Illustrator generate CSS code for you, even for a complete logo that includes gradients. Copy and paste the code right into your web editor.
- Sync Colors. Capture color themes out in the world with the Adobe Kuler iPhone app. Share your themes and explore thousands of others available on the Kuler website.
- Area and point type conversion. Instantly switch between area type and point type. Text object conversion is now instantaneous so you can design freely in your text layouts. And you can work just as easily with imported type, switching formats at any time.
- Behance Integration. Save work directly from Adobe Illustrator to Behance to showcase finished projects or share a work in progress. As you perfect your work and upload new versions, get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- File packaging. File packaging automatically gathers and saves the necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report into a single folder. Efficiently hand off Illustrator files to production or keep your working files organized by packaging up your project.
- Unembedded images. Easily unembed images that have been placed and embedded in an Adobe Illustrator file. You can quickly make images available for editing or extract files embedded in artwork you received from someone else.
- Sophisticated vector drawing tools. Create compelling vector graphics for print, web, mobile, and video. With precise shape-building tools, painterly brushes, and advanced path controls, you can experiment freely with intricate shapes, complex effects, and elegant typography.
- Mercury Performance System. Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files. With native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows, the Adobe Mercury Performance System lets you access all your RAM to easily open, save, and export large files and preview intricate designs.
- Multiple artboards. Organize and view up to 100 artboards of varying sizes, overlapping or on a grid. Quickly add, delete, reorder, and name. Save, export, and print independently or together.
- Gradients and transparency. Interact with gradients directly on objects, defining the dimension of elliptical gradients, editing colors, and adjusting opacity. Apply gradients to strokes – along the length, across the width, or within the stroke itself.
- Variable-width strokes. Draw strokes with variable widths, quickly and smoothly adjusting at any point. Create and save width profiles and apply them to any stroke, or use variable-width presets.
- Crisp graphics for web and mobile. Create and align vector objects precisely on your document’s pixel grid for clean, sharp raster graphics. Use text anti-aliasing options for precise control over individual text frames.
- Image Trace. Convert raster images to editable vectors with a powerful tracing engine that provides exceptional control over colors and shapes. Get clean lines, accurate fitting, and reliable results using simple, intuitive options.
- Pattern creation. Easily create seamlessly tiled vector patterns. Experiment freely with different kinds of repeating vector patterns that can be edited at any time for maximum design flexibility.
- [macOS only] lllustrator crashes on MacBook Pro with M1 Apple chip
- When exporting a PNG, Trim Transparent Pixels feature does not work
- VBscript does not work when run from File > Other Scripts
- Live preview of Opacity mask editing mode is broken unless Clip or Invert checkbox is toggled twice
- View Using GPU option is unavailable in Outline mode
- Illustrator (version 25.1) hangs when Select>Object>All text objects option is selected
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2021 25.1:
- Issue when running an action from the script
- Distribute center with Align to Selection does not work on a group of elements
- Incorrect artboard numbering in Asset Export
- Illustrator crashes on deleting Drop Shadow from a copied object or a shape
- Illustrator crashes when running variable import script
- Unable to turn off isolation mode once enabled for an Illustrator file
- Width of Area Type object is limited to 13.888 inches
- When using Ctrl + [ after selecting a swatch or an asset from the Library panel, the Library panel gets closed and does not show any items on reopening
- Printer issues with Illustrator
- Bounding box for Free distort does not update on transforming artwork with GPU rendering enabled
- File gets exported in a wrong folder on choosing PNG format and selecting Use artboards check box
- Closing multiple file is tedious without an Apply to All option on File Close warning dialog
- Standard navigation controls needed in Illustrator: Scroll wheel for zooming and middle mouse button for panning
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2021 25.0.1:
- [macOS only] Text fields in third-party plug-ins do not work after using a built-in Illustrator text field
- [macOS only] Illustrator hangs on launch with old Wacom drivers
- [macOS only] Illustrator crashes on launch if coolType font is present
- Incorrect URL for the Help icon in Recolor dialog
- Display of GPU out of memory error dialog when creating a new document
- Crash and stability issues
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2021 25.0:
- [East-Asian Type] When the Units> Type preference is set to Q, font size cannot be set properly on using the up and down buttons or on typing the size value.
- Upon changing UI scaling from Edit > Preferences > User Interface, all drop-down lists in the app interface show inverted.
- Removed feature in-app tours from Illustrator to help you focus on your creative work.
- [macOS only] When the Layers panel is open, Illustrator crashes on changing the gradient color.
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.3:
- File is exported with the original name and not with the latest filename
- Spot colors convert to CMYK automatically on choosing Effect > Blur > Gaussian Blur
- Select option does not function properly when applied from the context menu
- Gradient Annotator is not visible for groups
- Height and width of a circle change when rotated
- Artboards don’t snap to grid when moved
- [Windows only] Printer issues resulting in Illustrator crash: While creating a new or opening an existing document, if Illustrator detects a faulty default printer, it automatically changes the default printer to Adobe Postscript File to avoid the crash.
- Unable to switch between open Illustrator files
- When Snap to Grid is selected, keyboard arrows move objects by 2pts instead of 1pt
- New artboards don’t keep the spacing set in the Rearrange Artboards setting
- Error 145 when updating Illustrator
- Blank window when creating a new document
- Switching views in the Asset Panel when renaming an asset crashes Illustrator
- In light UI theme, when text is selected in a dialog box, the blinking cursor disappears
- Enable shift selection in Layers panel
- Unable to save colors from color stops to the Swatches panel
- Align To setting remembers the last setting when relaunched
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.2.3:
- Stability fixes
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.2.1:
- ‘Align to key object’ option gets auto-applied when selecting multiple objects
- Stability fixes
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.2:
- Display issue with the preset icons on Home Screen
- ‘Use Preview Bounds’ works incorrectly with ‘Stroke Inside’ for Compound Path
- Metric units precision broken
- [RightFont] Preview remains in artwork even after cancel or tick off preview on
- Incorrect opacity values on selecting objects inside a group
- Text disappears when typing continuously without space
- Illustrator crashes when computer is in sleep mode
- Illustrator throws an error message: Can’t finish previewing
- Selecting a color with Eyedropper and applying it on the text doesn’t work
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.1.2:
- Discard white overprint is disabled when files are saved in the background
- Preview and open after ‘Save As PDF’ not working
- Corner anchor points become smooth with Delete Anchor Point tool
- PDF Export and Save options for PDF X4: 2010 preset do not appear
- Redo command does not work correctly
- Illustrator does not respond, windows and menus disappear
- Incorrect list of modified files on Home screen
- Illustrator crashes when exporting rasterized file with spot colors
Changes in Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.1.1:
- Stability fixes
What’s New in Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.0:
- Same file with different data when opened in different versions (even after saving with different PDF compatibility across versions)
- Next object above or below doesn’t work in Isolation mode
- Drawing with Blob Brush does not have uniform width when the document is zoomed in
- Cannot delete large anchor points with the Anchor Point Delete tool
- Typography disappears when the text is added on a curved path
- Gradient sliders disappears while working
- Illustrator crashes when using the Eye-Dropper tool
- [macOS only] Cannot print on postscript printer or save as PS file when the Lao MN.ttc font is used
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, 10.
- macOS version 10.15 (Catalina), macOS version 10.14 (Mojave), and 10.13 (High Sierra)
Size: 1.16 GB