Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 software is the industry standard vector-drawing environment for designing across media. Express your creative vision with shapes, color, effects, and typography.
Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 works with speed and stability on large, complex files, and move designs efficiently among Adobe’s creative applications. Familiar tasks are now streamlined, from inline editing of layer names to precise color sampling.
This Adobe software includes the Adobe Mercury Performance System, with native 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows to power such tasks as opening, saving, and exporting large files and previewing elaborate designs.
The Touch Type tool of Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 gives you even more control over type: Move, scale, and rotate individual characters knowing you can change the font or copy at any time.
And with Adobe Illustrator CC 2020, you can share work directly from within the application and sync colors from Adobe Kuler. Your entire creative world, together in one place. Only in Adobe Creative Cloud.
Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 works with type in more powerful ways. Place multiple files at once with full control, and create with a brush made from a photo. Design more easily for the web knowing you can quickly copy and paste automatically generated CSS code. Enjoy a new level of creativity with type. Individual characters now act like distinct objects. Move, scale, and rotate text characters, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And use your favorite mouse, stylus, or multitouch device.
Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 Features:
- Touch Type tool. Design with type in a powerful new way. Characters can now be manipulated like individual objects. Experiment with moving, scaling, and rotating, knowing you can change the font or edit at any time. And you can now use multitouch devices as well as a mouse or stylus.
- Images in brushes. Paint with a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so you can create complex organic designs quickly – with simple brush strokes.
- Font search. Find the perfect font – fast. In the Character panel, type a style such as “bold” or “italic,” a font family, or any other part of a font name.
- Sync Fonts. Sync Fonts will change the way you work with type. Quickly find the perfect font from the growing library of Adobe Typekit fonts, sync it to your system, and have it immediately available for use.
- CSS extraction. Hand-coding web elements such as icons and patterns can be frustrating. Now, create websites faster by letting Illustrator generate CSS code for you, even for a complete logo that includes gradients. Copy and paste the code right into your web editor.
- Sync Colors. Capture color themes out in the world with the Adobe Kuler iPhone app. Share your themes and explore thousands of others available on the Kuler website.
- Area and point type conversion. Instantly switch between area type and point type. Text object conversion is now instantaneous so you can design freely in your text layouts. And you can work just as easily with imported type, switching formats at any time.
- Behance Integration. Save work directly from Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 to Behance to showcase finished projects or share a work in progress. As you perfect your work and upload new versions, get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- File packaging. File packaging automatically gathers and saves the necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report into a single folder. Efficiently hand off Illustrator files to production or keep your working files organized by packaging up your project.
- Unembedded images. Easily unembed images that have been placed and embedded in an Adobe Illustrator CC file. You can quickly make images available for editing or extract files embedded in artwork you received from someone else.
- Sophisticated vector drawing tools. Create compelling vector graphics for print, web, mobile, and video. With precise shape-building tools, painterly brushes, and advanced path controls, you can experiment freely with intricate shapes, complex effects, and elegant typography.
- Mercury Performance System. Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files. With native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows, the Adobe Mercury Performance System lets you access all your RAM to easily open, save, and export large files and preview intricate designs.
- Multiple artboards. Organize and view up to 100 artboards of varying sizes, overlapping or on a grid. Quickly add, delete, reorder, and name. Save, export, and print independently or together.
- Gradients and transparency. Interact with gradients directly on objects, defining the dimension of elliptical gradients, editing colors, and adjusting opacity. Apply gradients to strokes – along the length, across the width, or within the stroke itself.
- Variable-width strokes. Draw strokes with variable widths, quickly and smoothly adjusting at any point. Create and save width profiles and apply them to any stroke, or use variable-width presets.
- Crisp graphics for web and mobile. Create and align vector objects precisely on your document’s pixel grid for clean, sharp raster graphics. Use text anti-aliasing options for precise control over individual text frames.
- Image Trace. Convert raster images to editable vectors with a powerful tracing engine that provides exceptional control over colors and shapes. Get clean lines, accurate fitting, and reliable results using simple, intuitive options.
- Pattern creation. Easily create seamlessly tiled vector patterns. Experiment freely with different kinds of repeating vector patterns that can be edited at any time for maximum design flexibility.
- Stability fixes
Changes in Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 24.2.1:
- ‘Align to key object’ option gets auto-applied when selecting multiple objects
- Stability fixes
Changes in Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 24.2:
- Display issue with the preset icons on Home Screen
- ‘Use Preview Bounds’ works incorrectly with ‘Stroke Inside’ for Compound Path
- Metric units precision broken
- [RightFont] Preview remains in artwork even after cancel or tick off preview on
- Incorrect opacity values on selecting objects inside a group
- Text disappears when typing continuously without space
- Illustrator crashes when computer is in sleep mode
- Illustrator throws an error message: Can’t finish previewing
- Selecting a color with Eyedropper and applying it on the text doesn’t work
Changes in Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 24.1.2:
- Discard white overprint is disabled when files are saved in the background
- Preview and open after ‘Save As PDF’ not working
- Corner anchor points become smooth with Delete Anchor Point tool
- PDF Export and Save options for PDF X4: 2010 preset do not appear
- Redo command does not work correctly
- Illustrator does not respond, windows and menus disappear
- Incorrect list of modified files on Home screen
- Illustrator crashes when exporting rasterized file with spot colors
Changes in Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 24.1.1:
- Stability fixes
What’s New in Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 24.0:
- Same file with different data when opened in different versions (even after saving with different PDF compatibility across versions)
- Next object above or below doesn’t work in Isolation mode
- Drawing with Blob Brush does not have uniform width when the document is zoomed in
- Cannot delete large anchor points with the Anchor Point Delete tool
- Typography disappears when the text is added on a curved path
- Gradient sliders disappears while working
- Illustrator crashes when using the Eye-Dropper tool
- [macOS only] Cannot print on postscript printer or save as PS file when the Lao MN.ttc font is used
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, 10.
- macOS version 10.15 (Catalina), macOS version 10.14 (Mojave), and 10.13 (High Sierra)
Size: 1.16 GB