Adobe FrameMaker 2017 software is a complete solution for authoring, enriching, managing, and publishing technical documentation. Easily author bidirectional technical content and publish across mobile devices.
Adobe FrameMaker 2017 is a complete solution for bidirectional technical content. Publish natively across channels, mobile devices and formats and author with best-in-class XML/DITA support.
Collaborate seamlessly with experts, and manage content using integration with leading CMSs. Serve global markets by translating content into RTL languages, Arabic and Hebrew.
Adobe FrameMaker 2017 also allows you to author and publish in RTL languages. And include mixed bidirectional content in the same paragraph, document, book, or DITA map.
Adobe FrameMaker 2017 features:
Publish to mobile devices in multiple formats
- Out-of-the-box multichannel, multidevice publishing. Deliver your content to multiple channels, mobile devices and formats. Including mobile apps, from within Adobe FrameMaker 2017. Publish to popular output formats, like HTML5, WebHelp, EPUB, KF8, MOBI, PDF, and CHM with a single click.
- Mobile app output. Ensure wider distribution and consumption of content with a simplified mobile app generation workflow and native integration with Adobe PhoneGap Build. Easily publish your content as mobile apps for iOS and Android with just one click.
- Personalized dynamic content. Empower users to find relevant content faster in the document, TOC and search. Leverage existing conditional tags and expressions to enable end users to dynamically filter content in the final HTML5 output. Thereby it delivers personalized help experiences.
- New HTML5 layout. Deliver a personalized content consumption experience. Configure search to appear on the content or topic panes. Also show context and breadcrumbs in the results. Easily show or hide widgets, such as glossary and TOC. Convert the layout to right-to-left languages just by changing one property.
- Custom fonts in EPUB files. Embed custom fonts in your EPUB files and ensure that your users see text exactly as you intended, whether or not they have the font installed on their device.
- Attractive customizable WebHelp skins. Give your WebHelp content a new look by changing its skin. Choose from a wide variety of skins from the WebHelp gallery. Customize your WebHelp skins by changing button labels, fonts, background color, search boxes, and more.
- Reference page image publishing. Publish reference pages content such as images, headers and footers, and logos, in all output formats supported by Adobe FrameMaker 2017.
- SVG support in HTML5 output. Effortlessly ensure that your images always look good regardless of the screen size of the device on which they are being viewed. Because Adobe FrameMaker 2017 embeds the entire SVG code in the final HTML5 output.
- Reusable publishing elements. Reuse elements easily with the enhanced multidevice publishing settings file. Create elements, such as HTML5 layouts, WebHelp skins, CSS, and HTML page templates. And import or export them for use across different settings files.
- HTML page template support. Configure mini-TOCs, breadcrumbs, and headers and footers. Also apply your settings easily to all outputs using the new HTML page template support.
Experience best-in-class XML authoring
- DITA 1.3 support. Now get out-of-the-box support for DITA 1.3 topic types. Including topic, task, concept, reference, glossentry, glossgroup. Also the new troubleshooting, learningObjectMap and learningGroupMap.
- Enhanced Structure view. Work more easily with your XML structure. Enjoy a larger work area by collapsing elements and attributes for entire sub-trees. Get a visual indication of the element in focus and validity of a drop.
- Simplified XML authoring. Now subject matter experts and casual authors can create valid XML without worrying about XML complexities. Insert objects easily using Quick Element toolbar or by importing from other sources such as Word and HTML pages.
- Customized environments for simplified XML authoring. Set up simplified XML authoring environments to make XML authoring easier. Set up easy-to-fill form-like templates, assemble your own Quick Element toolbar and configure FrameMaker to work only in this environment.
- Improved support for inline MathML equations. Easily create inline MathML equations within Adobe FrameMaker 2017. Thanks to native integration with MathFlow Structure and Style editors from Design Science.
- Enhanced Quick Element toolbar. Insert content even more easily with the enhanced, always-enabled Quick Element toolbar. The toolbar automatically identifies the next valid location if the inserted object is invalid at the current location.
- Faster EDD customization process. Reduce EDD customization time from hours to minutes by using the script included with Adobe FrameMaker 2017. It automatically changes the element definition in all the relevant places in the DITA 1.2 EDD hierarchy.
- DITAVAL support in DITA-OT publishing. Leverage out-of-the-box support for DITA OT to seamlessly publish content in various formats. Including PDF, HTML, Microsoft HTML Help (.CHM) and Java Help. Use the free OASIS DITA-OT plug-in to carry out DITAVAL-based filtering while publishing.
- Comprehensive DITA 1.2 support. Create customized information models by automatically generating DITA 1.2 elements. Such as titles, TOC, indexes, page rounding, and numbering. Easily publish DITA maps.
- DITA maps preview, including nested maps. Now easily preview content in DITA maps, including nested DITA maps, by opening topics individually or all at once. Edit the topic by double-clicking the expanded topic content.
- Multiviews: native XML code, WYSIWYG, and Author view. Author XML content in any of the three views provided. Work in the easy to use WYSIWYG view. Use Author View to focus on writing without bothering about formatting. Use run time validation, auto suggest and tree view to work with raw XML source in the XML code view.
- Smart Paste. Author structured content faster. Convert content to a structured format with Smart Paste. Easily bring in a variety of content, including paragraphs, tables, and lists, from a variety of sources, such as Microsoft Word and Excel and HTML web pages.
- Improved white space handling as per XML standards. Easily work with XML files because white spaces inserted in the XML code view in FrameMaker or any other XML editor are handled as per XML standards. White spaces and spaces for pretty printing are ignored or preserved as appropriate or specified.
- Comprehensive DTD support. Author and validate XML content using standard DTDs, such as DITA and DocBook, as well as custom DTDs. Easily import a DTD and create an EDD with a single click.
- XPath 2.0 support. Eliminate the need to browse through long XML code. Use the XPath pod to find elements and automatically apply functions to them. Customize your query builder, get suggestions, define the scope of queries, use the history drop-down menu, and save search results for greater productivity.
- XSLT 2.0 support. Create a variety of transformation scenarios by applying predefined or customized XSLT to XML files, and execute them using a range of JAXP-compliant processors.
- Publishing DITA maps to books. Easily publish DITA content to professional-looking output. Generate nested books and books with flat components. Create attractive book content from DITA maps by automatically generating titles and TOCs. Apply number properties, and page rounding.
What’s New in Adobe FrameMaker 2017:
- Support for high resolution displays. Now work with the full clarity of high definition displays (up to 4K – 3840 x 2160), as FrameMaker automatically scales to fit the system resolution. Enjoy the new interface with crisp icons and a richer contrast ratio.
- Bigger and better welcome screen. Get to work faster with a new-age, more user-friendly welcome screen that allows you to quickly create new documents or open recent files. Also, access structured and unstructured items from one page. Connect to a repository or file system effortlessly.
- Search for menu commands. Find menu commands faster by using the new menu search feature. Rather than looking for a command among the menu options, you can just type the name and hit enter.
- New Project Manager. Manage your work better with the new Project Manager that lets you drag and drop assets to a document and organize files with ease.
- Next-generation Responsive HTML5 layouts. Deliver personalized content experiences with new frameless Responsive HTML5 layouts that have best-in-class search and navigation. Enjoy a richer viewing experience as layout icons have been optimized for HD displays. Show or hide widgets, such as glossary and TOC.
- Search faster with autocomplete. Deliver a best-in-class search experience to end users with first-of-its-kind search autocomplete and more contextual search results. Provide users with automatic suggestions as they type, displaying the frequency of occurrence for each alongside.
- Effortlessly publish to Adobe Experience Manager. Easily publish DITA content to Adobe Experience Manager Sites from FrameMaker.
- Text search within SVG images. Give end users a more comprehensive search experience with the added ability to search text within SVG images, that also shows up in search results.
- Content personalization for DITA content. Now directly use DITA attributes for content as criteria in Dynamic Content Filters, making it even easier to create personalized content experiences for your end users.
- Add favorites within new Responsive HTML5 layouts. Provide users the option to mark topics as favorites within the new Responsive HTML5 layouts, saving them time and effort when accessing content again.
- Greater content accessibility with 508 compliance. Now accommodate your users’ special needs by generating HTML5 layouts that meet 508 compliance, making content compatible with assistive technologies.
- New status bar with element path. Use the brand-new status bar to keep track of the exact path of your current element while authoring DITA content in your structured document. Easily navigate using your cursor keys, eliminating the need to go back and forth to the structured view.
Size: 951 MB