TechSmith Camtasia is the complete professional solution for high-quality screen recording, video editing and sharing. With support for a variety of video standards, you can ensure your content delivery now and in the future.
Use TechSmith software to record on-screen activity, customize and edit content, add interactive elements, and share your videos with anyone, on nearly any device. Construct more engaging videos faster with multiple video and audio tracks. Record high-quality videos in no time with Camtasia Studio’s advanced screen recorder.
Whether you’re recording HD video, a PowerPoint presentation, or a video game, you’ll get smooth playback. Easily import HD video, photos, music, and more to create unique videos that stand out.
Camtasia Studio also lets import existing videos you have for quick editing, and add images or your favorite song to enhance your videos or make a presentation your own.
- Intelligent capture controls that adapt to you
- Crystal-clear playback at any size with Camtasia SmartFocus
- Easy, versatile video sharing with TechSmith ExpressShow
- Precise editing and butter-smooth onscreen movement
- Professional content without a ton of production time
Quickly create eye-catching videos
- Stunning video effects. Apply Behaviors that are perfectly designed to animate your text, images, or icons. Get a crisp, polished look without being a professional video editor.
- Drag-and-drop editing. What you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your video can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window. And you can edit at resolutions up to beautiful 4K, for clear video at any size.
- Exceptional performance. Camtasia takes full advantage of your computer’s processor with 64-bit performance. You’ll get fast rendering times and enhanced stability – even on your most complex projects.
Training materials, educational content, product overviews, marketing videos
- Animated backgrounds. You’ll have access to a variety of backgrounds that grab attention right from the start.
- Music tracks. Use music to set the mood of your video. All tracks are royalty free and safe to use on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Icons. Choose from hundreds of icons, or bring in your own straight from your computer.
- Motion graphics. Get lower thirds, intro slides, and more so you can start quickly and look great.
Camtasia Features built to help you make better videos:
- SCREEN RECORDER. Record any part of your screen, down to the pixel.
- WEBCAM. Webcam lets you add a personal touch to your video.
- MEDIA. Import images, audio, and video up to 4K resolution.
- ANNOTATIONS. Arrows, callouts, shapes, and more help you get your point across.
- TRANSITIONS. Add an intro/outro to the beginning or end of a clip, image, shape, or text.
- ANIMATIONS. Zoom, pan, or create your own custom motion effects.
- VOICE NARRATION. A great way to add context to what you’re showing.
- AUDIO EFFECTS. Add audio effects to recordings, music, or narration to enhance your video.
- VISUAL EFFECTS. Adjust colors, add a drop shadow, change the clip speed, and more.
- INTERACTIVITY. Add quizzes to see who is watching your videos, and how much they’ve viewed.
- GREEN SCREEN. Put yourself in your video making it appear like you’re right in the action.
- MULTI-TRACK TIMELINE. Build your videos quickly with multiple tracks for images, video, text, and audio.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.19 (2022-04-19):
- Fixed a Recorder hang that could occur if a particular registry key was missing.
- Fixed a bug where media would be left in the media bin after saving and closing a project.
- Fixed a bug that could cause more undo actions than expected when undoing a text color change.
- Fixed a bug that prevented transition durations from being previewed when dragged above media on the timeline.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.18 (2022-03-22):
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error to display when launching Camtasia.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when adding a WAV file with an MP3 extension.
- Fixed a hang that could occur on machines with Intel Iris Xe video cards.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.17 (2022-02-25):
- Fixed a bug that could cause objects in Editor to display incorrectly after opening a project with a different edit rate.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.16 (2022-02-16):
- Added option to Recorder: Open Editor after recording is stopped.
- Added Recorder Shortcut: Ctrl+M to Add Marker.
- Improved behavior when errors occur while saving recordings: users may now retry saving with a different name.
- Pause/Resume is now disabled during Recorder countdown.
- Region selection indicators are no longer shown if screen recording is not selected.
- Updated Google Drive and YouTube SDKs to address CVE-2018-1285 preventing a local XML eXternal Entity (XXE) vulnerability.
- Fixed a bug that could slow the Camtasia Editor opening.
- Fixed a bug that prevented seeking when previewing media from the Media Bin.
- Fixed a bug that prevented line and arrow Annotations from being highlighted when dragging an effect.
- Fixed a bug that caused Fuse options to be shown when the install option to disable Fuse was chosen.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a glitch when an mp3 media contained a split.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a new project.
- Fixed a bug that allowed invalid recordings by using the Stop hotkey when a recording was not taking place.
- Fixed a user-reported startup crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on production when using production presets.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on machines using encrypted hard drives.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Undo to undo more than the user intended.
- Fixed a bug that could cause frames to be rounded incorrectly when changing frame rate.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the Zoom-n-Pan preview from updating correctly.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.15 (2021-12-08):
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing Clip Speed in a locale that uses commas as decimal separators.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pressing the New Project keyboard shortcut many times in succession.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Device Frames to be missing from thumbnail images.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent seeking through media while previewing from the Media Bin or Library.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.14 (2021-11-29):
- Fixed a memory leak that could cause Camtasia to become unresponsive after multiple mp4s were rendered using hardware acceleration.
- Fixed a bug that caused thumbnails for ProRes MOV files to render incorrectly.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.13 (2021-11-16):
- Added localized text for the Panopto output.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Device Frames to extend past the end of a media after a split.
- Fixed a bug that could cause erroneous text callout attributes to change when inserting a line break.
- Fixed a bug that could cause media to be added out of order when multiple media were added to the timeline from the Media Bin.
- Fixed a user-reported startup crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when adding .trec files with multi-byte characters in the filename.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when editing Clip Speed on machines that use commas as decimal separators.
Homepage – https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) 1709 “Creators Update” version or later. (Recommended: Windows 10 (64-bit) “May 2020 Update” version or later.)
- macOS 10.14 (Recommended: macOS 11 or later)
Size: 462 MB