GoodSync 11 is reliable and easy to use file synchronization and file backup software from Siber Systems, the makers of RoboForm. It automatically analyzes, synchronizes, and backs up your emails, family photos, music, contacts, financial documents, and other important files locally.
The program synchronizes files between desktops, laptops, servers, external drives, and Windows Mobile devices. Also you can synchronize files remotely through FTP, SFTP, WebDAV and more.
Automatically backup all your critical files to ensure you’ll never lose them. Easily synchronize your files between multiple computers and devices.
Use GoodSync to keep your work computers in sync with your home computer or to keep all company desktops and laptops in sync with company server. This software uses an innovative synchronization algorithm that offers true bi-directional synchronization.
This software connects multiple computers directly, completely bypassing the need for cloud based solutions. All new block level synchronization syncs the file changes, greatly improving the speed and efficiency of sync. Completely portable with GoodSync2Go for USB flash and portable hard drives.
GoodSync Key Features:
- True Bi-Directional Synchronization. The program can automatically detect and synchronize creation, deletion, and all other changes, made by the user in folders, subfolders, and files.
- One-Way Synchronization Provides an Easy Backup Solution. Easy to setup One-Way Synchronization provides an easy and reliable backup solution.
- Deletions Are Propagated. The program can propagate your file deletions, even through a chain of Syncs.
- Chained Synchronization for Multiple Devices. Changes performed by GoodSync can be transferred to other computers and devices.
- Lightning Fast Speed, Low Memory Requirement. The program is much faster than other synchronization programs and it takes less memory. It can analyze a job with 1M files and folders on each side in less than 10 minutes on only 500 Mb of memory.
- GoodSync can sync any two folder located on Windows Local Disk, Windows Network Server (SMB). Also on FTP, WebDAV, Secure FTP (SSH) and Amazon S3 servers.
- Syncs with your Windows Mobile Phone and Pocket PC. Allows to sync files on Windows Mobile Phone or Pocket PC device (Windows CE) to desktop.
- Selective File Synchronization. Exclude and Include Filters. Exclude files from synchronization based on name pattern, size, modification time.
- Portable Paths for Removable Drives. You can specify folder path that starts with volume name. So that your volume is found no matter what disk letter it uses.
Changes in GoodSync 11.6.6 (May 6, 2021):
- Proxy: If Auto-Proxy is specified, then use it right away, without testing direct connection.
- Gs2Go: Write jobs-account.tic file as garbled not as local-encrypted, for portability.
- GUI: Improve responsiveness and make it more stable.
- Crash Reporting: do not report crashes produced by foreign broken DLLs.
Changes in GoodSync 11.6.5 (April 30, 2021):
- Account Sync: fixed several User Interface issues.
- Account Sync: Get proposed changes in background non-GUI Update Thread.
- Account Sync: Do not perform it on GS start, to avoid slowdown.
- Saving Jobs and Server Accounts: improve security, save only encrypted version.
- Browse dialog Ver 10: fixed applying proposed URL conversions not working.
- Conflicts: Fixed Conflict Resolver not shown after Analyze + Sync.
- Edit Account dialog: Added more help items.
- Edit Account dialog: improved field organization and layout.
Changes in GoodSync 11.6.4 (April 21, 2021):
- SFTP: Make our SFTP client send version string without waiting for SFTP server.
- GSTP Client: Fixed when Server changes Forwarder, client may ignores it and return error.
- GSTP Client: Do not Try Direct Connect when we have no direct port to connect to.
- GSTP checksums: switch from expensive MD5 to cheaper CRC-32, it is sufficient for integrity.
- GSTP Server: Fully removed Old Ticket Scheme from GsServer, only more secure New Scheme is allowed.
- GSTP Server Register: improved de-registering server on Sleep and Shutdown.
- GSTP Severe Going Offline: Added call to /unregister-server of Forwarder.
- GSTP Edit Account: Added ‘Direct Plain Text’ connectoid option, to be used for slow NASes.
- GSTP Mediator: Fixed CanShare was incorrectly applied when doing Composition of two grants.
- Proxy: Do NOT test Effective proxy when it is not set, to reduce load on Mediator.
- Proxy: If proxy is set, but both Auth and Manual Proxy are unchecked, do not use any proxy.
- GsServer: Browser Sessions: Fixed crashes on multiple downloads from one browser.
- Browse Dialog: Fixed UI errors and navigation issues.
- gsync: Added Account Manager options to gsync help and GS online manual.
Changes in GoodSync 11.6.2 (April 13, 2021):
- Fixed when Sync finishes, often times AnalyzeDone message was sent instead of SyncDone message.
- S3 storage classes and headers: more fixes.
- Recycled/History DB: Fixed if DB file gets zero size then GS would not reinitialize it.
- Recycled/History DB: Make Init History/Saved DB work for GsData in Mirror Folder too.
- Special Ops Node list: fixed some rare crashes, keep list of paths, not pointers.
- Job List/Tree: fixed icons for job states, multi-select of Jobs.
- Browse Dlg Ver 10: Fixed Job with a portable drive does not ask user to use =VolumeLabel
- gs-server: Improve locking, fixed rare crashes on Session start.
- Edit Account: Re-design OAuth2 [Authorization] section to match Google UX guidelines.
- GsExplorer File Op dialog: improved error processing for terminal errors.
- Localization: Update Polish translation.
Changes in GoodSync 11.6.1 (April 6, 2021):
- S3 options: Added Server Side Encryption Key provided by Customer.
- S3 options: Bring back Access Control Policy text box.
- S3: GovCloud: Added Location Constraint to Bucket creation.
- S3: Added new setting — Preferred Geo Region, to be used in Bucket creation.
- SFTP and speed: Fixed Current Speed was shown as way too high.
- SMB: Fixed crashes when user has many shares that do not connect due to error.
- B2 FS: Upload of large files: prevent rare crashes by doing more checks.
- TaskBar JumpList: Do not show Job on TaskBar JumpList, just global commands.
- Browse V10: Fixed Accounts tab was cycling if we have Server Accounts with + in its name.
- Job Tree View: rewrite using new framework.
- Browse Dialog and Explorer: miscellaneous UI fixes.
Changes in GoodSync 11.6.0 (March 26, 2021):
- Fixed crashes on sync tree item update.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.9 (March 26, 2021):
- License Renew: Fixed Renew Link in Buy Pro dialog was incorrect.
- SyncJob locking: fixed GoodSync GUI could freeze on loss of connection.
- AccountSync: Fixed GsRunner RefreshToken save can interfere with Job sync.
- Runner + GUI + Logs: Fixed sometimes log lines were missing in Log Window.
- Job List view: Fixed it was not always updated for Unattended GsRunner jobs.
- Runner + Log Folder: Make GsRunner use custom LogLevel and LogFolder.
- OneFile + Browse dlg: Allow creation of new OneFile files.
- GoodSync GUI: Fixed rare crashes on GoodSync shutdown.
- gsync + /d option: make it work for new Unnamed bookmark.
- gsync: Fix /sa-create: save resulting account to disk.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.8 (March 22, 2021):
- gs-server Sessions: Fixed server Sessions were not cleaned up, so memory leak could result.
- gs-server + SMB: Fixed SMB disk letters were not reconnected, after disconnect.
- gs-server + SMB: Fixed SMB disk letters were not listed, when Gs-Server runs as a Service.
- gs-server + Home Folders: Fixed all folders of Server were shown, not just Home Folder.
- GPhotos: Fixed Analyze were rejected with: cannot be sync folder, folders cannot be created here.
- Job List: fixed saving and restoring column widths and positions.
- Storage Server: Fixed re-getting grants when server is restarted.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.7 (March 18, 2021):
- Browsing Files: Allow files from GoodSync Severs to be listed and opened in a browser.
- Browsing Files: Access to it is in Serves tab of GoodSync Account Web UI.
- Browsing Files: GoodSync server must be ver 11.5.7 or newer, Storage Servers were upgraded.
- Mediator: improved device identification, to avoid duplicate devices.
- Mediator + Web UI: improved login sequence, to accommodate file browsing.
- gs-server + COM: Fixed VSS Snapshot was not working on Gs-Server, it needs OleInitialize.
- File Sharing: improved authentication between Client and Server when they belong to different users.
- Gs-Storage and SetAttributes: do not allow to SetAttributes to make folders unreadable.
- Gs-Storage and File Sharing: improved stuffing of file system when user connects.
- Forwarders + UDP: ignore empty UDP packets, they may occur naturally.
- Job Runner: improved locking of data to fix some rare crashes.
- Google Photos: do not allow to use it with Business licenses.
- Browse dialog: Bring back MS Graph ‘national cloud’ connectoid GUI option.
- License Renewal: add new promotion to License Renewal: Free 10 Gb storage.
- Browse Dialog: miscellaneous User Interface fixes.
- GoodSync Explorer: miscellaneous User Interface fixes.
- Browse Dialog + Account Manager: Added Revoke Credentials command.
- Job Sending Mail: Increase limit on body of email (which is job log) from 8 Kb to 40 Mb.
- gsync /sa-oauth: Fixed accounts not being written to disk after updating.
- Localizations: Updated NL, UA and ES translations.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.6 (February 4, 2021):
- Gs-Server: Fixed server can get stuck on certain errors and refuses to take new connections.
- Gs-Server: Improved transactional integrity of GSTP, to allow for faster connection restore.
- Google Team Drive: Speed up Analyze/Sync by reducing /change API calls to a minimum.
- Google Photos: Make this FS available to personal non-enterprise version only.
- S3, expat: Allow EF BF xx UTF-89 sequences in file names, so they can be listed.
- Job List: Use separate column for job index, needed for user-mandated custom job order.
- Job List: revive option to turn off ‘Sort Job Names By Alphabet’ and allow custom job order.
- GoodSync Explorer: Added ‘Cut to Clipboard’ command.
- Services: Added 30-sec timeout for waiting for service nodes to stop, so that servers do not get stuck.
- New Ticket System: new and more secure ticket-based authentication system for folder sharing.
- Mediator: improved performance, optimized TLS/SSL handling.
- Browsing on Gs-Server: Alpha version of browsing files and folders directly from Gs-Server.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.4 (Decemeber 31, 2020):
- MEGA FS: Upload: Fixed ‘cannot get fingerprint’ error.
- GsRunner Server + Sleep: Fixed Gs-Runner may be preventing computer from sleeping.
- CC Runner: Fixed CC Runner was reporting zero Bytes Processed as they were reset too early.
- Progress Reporting: Fixed SetProgress could reset progress to 0 when switching scale.
- Job List View: Allow custom column order, reordering of columns by Drag-N-Drop.
- Job List View: Fix miscellaneous bugs.
- GoodSync Explorer: Fixed processing of connections to encrypted folders — offer to decrypt.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.3 (Decemeber 25, 2020):
- Direction Change by User: fixed crashes.
- Get back to running GoodSync /min mode (was /miniwin) for ‘Start GoodSync when Windows starts’ option.
- Job List View: new tables-based implementation.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.2 (Decemeber 23, 2020):
- Direction Change by User: fixed crashes.
- Get back to running GoodSync /min mode (was /miniwin) for ‘Start GoodSync when Windows starts’ option.
- Job List View: new tables-based implementation.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.1 (Decemeber 22, 2020):
- Workers and Sleep: Job Worker thread now prevents computer from going to Sleep.
- Direction Change in Sync Tree by User: improved transactional integrity of it, fixed bugs.
- MacOS device identification for licensing: ignore device properties that are changes by MacOS updates.
- Free Space Info in Job: consolidate its processing, fixed bugs.
- Installer: Fixed System Account was not detected as such on some non-English Windows systems.
- Shutdown after Sync: Made it work correctly, even if Analyze produced No Changes.
- Job Tree View: fixed UI bugs, some RunState transitions were missed.
- Browse Dialog: Fixed changing of Direct Path to Portable path was ignored.
- Miscellaneous User Interface fixes.
Changes in GoodSync 11.5.0 (Decemeber 11, 2020):
- User Interfaces: fixed some crashes and minor bugs.
- WD Free Version: improved detection of WD NAS via GSTP.
- Simplify computation of Free Space: do it once every 30 sec, not once per quant.
- Installer: Fixed Cancel was showing wrong error.
Changes in GoodSync 11.4.9 (Decemeber 04, 2020):
- On File Change + GUI: Fixed likely observed crashes, simplify RunState change reporting.
- Estimated Space: Make estimated space computations simpler, do nto account for Recycle Bin.
- Sync Direction Change: Fixed crashes — start worker thread to recompute space requirements.
- AutoClear: Fixed AutoClear of Sync Tree was not working in GUI mode.
- GsRunner Socket: Fixed rare observed crashes related to GsRunner state reporting.
- Updated BR-portugues localization.
Changes in GoodSync 11.4.8 (November 27, 2020):
- License Limitations for WD: Fixed Free version did not allow jobs with more than 100 files.
- Licensing: improved reporting of License statusm esp for Analyze+Sync and Unattended jobs.
- SyncTree: Show SyncTree even if we have No Changes, as there may be Excluded files.
- Downloads: Fixed mac distribution link was sometimes showing ‘Not Found’.
Changes in GoodSync 11.4.7 (November 24, 2020):
- GoodSync Account Setup: lower-case ComputerId, always save it.
- GsRunner + License Activation: notify GsRunner faster about changed License.
- Account Sync TurnOn: Added Cancel command, same as Close.
- Account Sync + Groups: Perform Account Sync when Jobs are added to Groups by DND.
- GUI AutoStart: Use /miniwin mode in Windows Start, so that Mini-Progress windows is shown.
- Gs-Server: optimize memory allocation, to reduce memory consumption.
- Analyze + Sync: improved switch from Analyze to Sync, so it cannot stall on this.
- Stopping Services: improved stopping of the Gs-Server and Gs-Runner service.
- Browse Dialog: Fixed commit of manually edited URLs.
Changes in GoodSync 11.4.6 (November 15, 2020):
- Job AutoStart: Fixed crashes caused by deleting sync tree while Worker thread runs.
- Stop All: Fixed Stop All did not work for jobs in Waiting To Run state.
- Changes Limit Exceeded – Attention Required: make this work in Unattended mode too.
- Account Sync: better command names, better presentation, better list of changes.
- CC Runner and Server Accounts: Fixed passwords and refresh tokens were not uploaded.
- Licenses: Added License Renewal Link, if user has licenses that are Active or Expired.
- Explorer: Added Account Sync commands, update Server Accounts view when synced.
- Server Account Edit: do not ask whether to save to New Account when saving, save to this.
- Beta: new native SMB client that does not use Windows SMB client code.
Changes in GoodSync 11.4.5 (November 4, 2020):
- Account Sync: Reset Account Sync, so that users can use Server Override when they turn it On.
- Account Sync: Added Show Changes for Account Sync — shows Job-Groups changes that will happen.
- Account Sync: more improvements to Jobs-Groups and Server Accounts sync algorithm.
- GUI: Turn On Mini-Window mode when user selects it, sometimes it was not shown.
- Browse/Explorer Edit Account: Fixed checkbox clicks did not work.
- Policies: Added file system policies for Gs RealDisk Storage, Google Photos.
Changes in GoodSync 11.4.4 (October 31, 2020):
- AutoUpdate Installer: Fixed it was removing Desktop Shortcuts and Start Menu items of GoodSync.
Changes in GoodSync 11.4.3 (October 30, 2020):
- Account Sync: Jobs-Groups and Server Account sync has been rewritten, quality of sync improved.
- Account Sync: if you are using it, all your Jobs must be synced before you upgrade to this version.
- Account Sync: Job-Group Sync operations and Sync stats are now logged.
- Program Options: Remove option to encrypt when store locally, local encryption now is always done.
- GsRunner + GUI: Fixed GUI was losing connection to GsRunner Service, when running UnAttended jobs.
- GsRunner and Cc-Runner GUI: improved showing of Job Run status in mini status window.
- Sync Tree Toolbar: Hide into [Views] button pull down tree view buttons that have zero item count.
- Sync Tree Toolbar: Rename [Other] button to [Views].
- Sync Tree Context Menu: Move direction change commands into sub-menu ‘Change Direction to’.
- Control Center: Fixed Server Accounts did not upload with empty Account Encryption password.
- Installer: Do not update Desktop Shortcuts and Start Menu items when we are doing auto-install.
Changes in GoodSync 11.4.1 (October 16, 2020):
- Google Photo FS: Added new file system, it only allows 2 levels of folders, no GsData.
- On Folder Connect / On File Change: Fixed it was not starting job on Reconnect.
- GsRunner + GUI: When GUI cannot connect/talk to GsRunner, show error message about it in GUI.
- GsRunner Server + Sleep: Do proper processing of Sleep and Wakeup.
- CC Runner: Fixed CC Runner was checking for Local license, not CC license.
- GUI: Do not allow Changing direction of Sync while the job is Under Runner.
- Side Logs + Analyze: Fixed if only Analyze was done then Side logs are not uploaded.
- Side Logs + Spec Ops: Upload side logs when doing Spec Ops too.
- Certificate Roots: update list of Certificate Authorities who GoodSync trusts.
Changes in GoodSync 10.11.6 (April 20, 2020):
- GoodSync Account Setup: perform License Activation on Account Setup, to save a step.
- Licenses: Fixed Mediator issue that could cause computers to lose licenses.
- Licenses: activate all ver 10 and business licenses per Computer, not per User.
- License Activation: Do not require elevation for it, run it from regular user process.
- Local Credentials of gs-server: fixed a problem that could make local credentials inaccessible.
Changes in GoodSync 10.11.5 (April 10, 2020):
- Account Trial Mode: improved handling of Trial mode, esp for ver 11.
- GoodSync Account Setup: perform License activation too, based on Account UserID.
- GoodSync Account Setup: show more detailed progress on last page of wizard.
- Gs-Runner Setup: add final (2nd) page that shows progress of operations.
- Gs-Runner WebUI: do forms-based login, instead of Digest/Basic auth login.
- Gs-Runner Service: Remove Delay after Boot from it.
- Gs-Server Service: Remove Delay from GsServer Service start. 1
- Gs-Server Service: after reboot accelerate connect to Mediator, as Internet may be slow to come up.
- GsFileSys: Fixed rare crashes on NULL progress pointer, possible when FS becomes disconnected.
- Program Options -> SMTP: Do not show SSL option, as it is rarely used, use STARTTLS instead.
Changes in GoodSync 10.11.4 (March 25, 2020):
- Browse Dialog + Multi-Select: Fixed Filters were lost when Destination side was committed.
- Job Options: Fixed Job Side Folder Options were not saved in Job Options.
- Sync Tree + Filters: Fixed Sync Tree was not updated when Filters were changed from Context Menu.
- BackBlaze FS: Request new token if we get Error 401 during upload of file parts.
- Google Drive: Got higher Quota for GDrive API Queries, so ‘Rate Limit’ errors should disappear.
- GsRunner + Refresh Tokens: fixed new Refresh Token lost on transition of Job from GsRunner to GUI.
- GsFileSys: Log retries upon error in GsCopyFileSimple and other generic file functions.
- Progress: Fixed progress of Job going higher than 100% on renames and some errors.
- Sync Progress: Smooth it further, get rid of negative values, show ‘Computing Speed’ initially.
- Start Sync: Do not redraw Sync Tree, if we are already in Proposed Changes view.
- RDC over GSTP: Made it work via Forwarder.
Changes in GoodSync 10.11.2 (March 18, 2020):
- Analyze/Sync: Fixed final interaction between Worker and GUI thread was wrong, could cause crashes.
- Job Options: Fixed On Logoff option was not saved, so it was lost after GoodSync restart.
- sib-trace: Get rid of big output buffers on stack, it could cause stack overflow sometimes.
- Google Drive: Requested higher Quota for GDrive API Queries Per 100 sec.
Changes in GoodSync 10.11.1 (March 12, 2020):
- Fixed Users of ver 10 with no GS Account were not getting Trial.
- sib-socket: Fixed 2nd host of resolved IP name is lost, if the 1st host returns error.
- MS Graph: Fixed Group Perms and Region flag were not making it from Browse Dlg to Connect().
- MS Graph: Use both ‘mail’ and ‘userPrincipalName’ fields to get e-mail.
- Backblaze FS: Release Part Uploaded memory, if we got an error and are out of retries.
- GsRunner + GS GUI: Update Server Accounts in GUI if GsRunner changes them.
- Local FS via GSTP: Pass thru locked flag, so that we can get snaphots of locked files.
- Unattended Jobs + Progress: Fixed deadlock between RunState lock and JobProgress lock.
- Updated IT translation.
Changes in GoodSync 10.10.26 (March 03, 2020):
- Progress of Unattended Jobs in Runner: make it smoother, reduce processor load.
- Progress of Analyze: Compute and show Analyze speed in Files+Folders (Items) per sec.
- Progress of Sync: Compute Elapsed Time, Current and Average speed on every timer tick.
- Progress of Sync: Fixed Elapsed Time was shown as zero at the end of Sync.
- Progress of Cleanup Recycled/History: allow Stop/Pause, show percent of completion.
- CC Runner: Submit /api/update-job-run at least every 5 min, even if % did not change.
Changes in GoodSync 10.10.25 (February 24, 2020):
- Progress: fix reporting progress of Unattended job in in GsRunner service.
- Progress: fix reporting progress of CC Runner jobs.
- Progress: better reporting of History/Recycled cleanup.
- Fixed crashes related to progress reporting.
Changes in GoodSync 10.10.24 (February 17, 2020):
- GSTP file system: if Client == Server then automatically use Local FS.
- Better locking for reporting Tree Items Changed, fixes rare crashes.
- Progress Sync Tree: it now ticks every second, sends fewer messages.
- Progress Analyze: show Total items, Files, Folder (total / excluded).
- Progress Sync: show current sync command on the left.
Changes in GoodSync 10.10.23 (February 13, 2020):
- SMB FS: Fixed error: Error copying file: Wrong WinFS path(3).
- Progress: Made Job percent completion progress reporting more smooth.
Changes in GoodSync 10.10.22 (February 12, 2020):
- Browse Dialog: Fixed non-path Filters were lost when Sync Folder was changed.
- Browse Dialog: Fixed if Enter is pressed in Folders tab, credentials are not picked up.
- Analyze Progress: Show messages from file systems such as ‘Initializing Cache’ of Google Drive.
- FTPS: Do session reuse, even if certs are not checked — fixes session reuse problems.
- SFTP: Fixed SFTP FS was crashing when writing out SSH diagnostic messages to stderr.
- AutoUpdate: If product matches but version does not match, still get URL for manual download.
- gsync command line: Added one time run options: /comp-cksums, /comp-bodies.
- gs-server: fixed several crashes.
- gs-server receiver: Fixed Cannot wakeup FS: Cannot open file on wakeup .. (error 32)
- gs-server receiver: Keep file system connected for 3 minute when socket disconnects.
Changes in GoodSync 10.10.21 (February 05, 2020):
- Job Speed: optimimized speed computation and made it more precise.
- SyncTree StatusBar: update it more often, so that progress ticks every second.
- FTPS: Always ignore certs in data connection from PASV command, as it uses IP address.
- Fixed Job URL conversion did not work if %VAR% was present in URL.
- Command Line: Allow jobs without Server Account Manager, the ones that use /fN=URL
- Control Center Runner: command line processing: Add Unnamed bookmarks when needed.
- Explorer: CopyMove task: better progress reporting.
- Explorer: When pasting file/folder to its parent folder, add ‘ – Copy’ to its name.
Changes in GoodSync 10.10.20 (January 24, 2020):
- Speed and Progress: Added Elapsed Time, better Current Speed computed for last minute.
- Fixed Speed Limit did not work on fast connections, do better speed measurement.
- ForceStop of Jobs: fixed some rare crashes.
- Sockets + IP v6: fixed socket leak when IP v6 connection drops.
- Ver 9 conversion and import: fixed bugs in migratino from older Jobs .tic and .tix.
- Browse Dlg: made conversion of GSTP for this computer to Local FS work again.
- GoodSync Account Setup: Mid Server and File Server: Revive not deleting existing users.
Changes in GoodSync 10.10.19 (January 10, 2020):
- Fixed Analyzed + Sync command did not proceed to Sync, if Analyze-time errors were detected.
- Browse Dialog: fixed errors when Show Files is flipped several times.
- Job Scripts: fixed incorrect return code (must be 0) for Jobs with errors: prefix.
- GS-server: Pass platform from Client to Server, so that Server may adjust License based on Client platform.
- License Check and Change: Fixed spurious message about [digest auth].
Homepage – https://www.goodsync.com
Size: 43.8 MB