AOMEI Backupper is a professional-like, easy-to-use backup and recovery software. But is free for home users and commercial use, fully protects your computer from data loss. It lets you securely backup PC and Server. Provides one-click backup your system partition or disk in minutes.
This AOMEI software also can explore the created image and restore it to the hard drive if your data gets lost or corrupted. In addition, you can create a bootable rescue disk for recovering your data when the system crashes and the application cannot be accessed from the Windows interface.
AOMEI Backupper lets you clone the partition or disk, too. The software already supports the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) that enables the data backup process and does not interfere the running applications. This option is very efficient because backup data can still be made when you’re working.
AOMEI Backupper Features:
- System Backup. One-click back up all data of system drive, including system files and installed applications without interrupting system run.
- Disk Backup. Backup your hard disk drives including MBR disk, GPT disk, external hard drive, USB disk, and other storage devices that can be recognized by Windows.
- Partition and Volume Backup. If you just want to backup a partition or volume, not the entire disk, the feature will be your best choice. With it, you can backup one or multiple partitions/volumes (including dynamic volumes) to an image file.
When your computer occurs some problems, such as accidentally deleted files, the system can not start, virus damage, by using the created backup before, you can restore system to its previous normal state or retrieve lost data.
- System Recovery. Easily and quickly restore system partition and ensure system bootable after completing the recovery process.
- Disk and Partition Recovery. Reliably recover the whole hard disk drive, partition or dynamic volume to original state.
- Selective file restore. Selectively restore individual files and folders from a backup image file without recovering the entire backup.
In addition to backup and restore functions, AOMEI Backupper supports cloning operations. If you need to upgrade hard drive, or replace old disk, or migrate hard drive to new one, this feature can be more convenient to your work.
- Disk Clone: Directly copy one hard drive to another without creating an image file. The program allows you to resize partitions during this cloning process. Supports to clone small disk to larger disk as well as copy traditional hard drive to solid state drive.
- Partition and Volume Clone: Directly create an exact duplication of partition or dynamic volume and exactly transfer it to another partition or volume.
AOMEI Backupper Other Features:
- Incremental and differential backups. Based on a full backup, the software supports to create incremental or differential backups to taking less time and save storage space.
- Encryption and Compression. You can set a password for each backups to prevent unauthorized access. When the backup process, specify an industry leading compression algorithm to compress image file in order to take up less disk space.
- Image file checker and explorer. Check data integrity of image file ensures the successfull backups restoration. Mount image files to a virtual partition so that you can browse the contents of the backups in Windows Explorer.
- Comment Backups and Splitting Backups. Add comments to backups to identify and clarify the backups further. Let you know what a backup is for or what it contains. Splitting Backups can split backup an image file into proper sizes to fit storage media.
- Create Bootable Rescue Media. You can create a bootable media (e.g. CD or USB media) to restore system drive on the condition that Windows can not boot.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 6.1.0 (2020-10-13):
- Added “Share/NAS Management”: add and manage network shared or NAS devices, which can be selected as a backup target path.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes because of excessive memory usage during real-time sync.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the system cannot boot after cloning it from GPT disk to MBR disk.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the system cannot boot after restoring system image created on GPT disk to the second partition of MBR disk.
- Fixed issue: no image file when backing up files in some systems.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when performing sync task in Windows XP.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 6.0.0 (2020-09-09):
- Added “Two-Way Sync”: any changes in the source or destination directory will be synced to the other side.
- Redesigned “Tools” interface: a modernized look and all tools can be easy to access.
- Added “Clear Logs”: unnecessary logs can be deleted.
- Optimized “Automatic Update”.
- Fixed issue: Windows Task Scheduler doesn’t run because the installation directory changed after updating AOMEI Backupper.
- Fixed issue: “Incremental Backup Scheme” doesn’t take effect.
- Fixed issue: hidden folders become unhidden after restore.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 5.9.0 (2020-08-03):
- Added “Mirror Sync”: always keep the files in the destination exactly the same as the source directory. Any extra files in destination will be removed.
- Optimized “Real-Time Sync”: separate out “Real-Time Sync” from “Schedule” as one of sync modes so that it can be easy to reach. With “Real-Time Sync” mode, any deletions in source directory will be synced to destination by default.
- Added an option on “Basic Sync”: allow you to choose whether or not to sync the deletions in source directory to destination. In other words, when files are deleted from the source directory, the same files in the destination directory will also be deleted.
- Fixed issue: computer slow shutdown caused by AOMEI Backupper Service.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 5.8.0 (2020-06-22):
- Fixed issue: After cloning GPT system disk to a MBR disk, “Bootmgr is missing” error occurs when booting from the MBR disk.
- Fixed issue: error code 214 (insufficient space) occurs when restoring system.
- Fixed issue: error code 0x0c00000e occurs after dissimilar hardware restore.
- Fixed issue: AOMEI Backupper exited abnormally when merging file backup images.
- Fixed issue: error code 4197 occurs when executing Pre/Post Command.
- Fixed issue: AOMEI Backupper cannot recognize the Box desktop app.
- Fixed issue: volume label is incorrect after partition restore.
- Fixed issue: system backup under Windows PE does not exclude hiberfil.sys, pagefile.sys, and swapfile.sys files.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 5.7.0 (2020-04-21):
- Added Automatic Update: allow users to keep AOMEI Backupper updated without having to re-download installation package and install manually.
- Fixed issue: error code 4102 occurs when backing up some data in Outlook and OneDrive.
- Fixed issue: the Incremental Backup Scheme doesn’t take effect.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 5.6.0 (2020-01-14):
- Added new function: wake computer from sleep or hibernate mode to run scheduled tasks.
- Optimized calculation method of “Run one time everyday” option in “Event triggers” in order to make calculation time consistent with computer time.
- Optimized the “USB plug in” prompt delay popup when system in high DPI.
- Optimized backup scheme to automatically delete old backups based on specified values.
- Optimized backup method for a BitLocker partition: the program will no longer backup a BitLocker-encrypted partition with sector-by-sector after being decrypted.
- Fixed issue: “Configuration changes that require a full backup” prompts when performing incremental backup after restoring disk or partition to original location.
- Fixed issue: the differential backup scheme doesn’t take effect in some cases.
- Fixed issue: there is no detailed prompt information for network connection failed except for error code 311.
- Fixed issue: error code 4162 occurs when restoring files larger than 4GB to BitLocker-encrypted partition.
- Fixed issue: file system damaged after restoring a BitLocker-encrypted partition to original location.
- Fixed issue: failed to assign drive letters when restoring system under Windows PE.
- Fixed issue: file backup crashes since too many files are currently in use.
- Fixed issue: error code 4123 occurs when performing incremental or differential backup again for restored GPT disk partitions.
- Fixed issue: the restore task for File Sync completed successfully but the file does not exist.
- Fixed issue: switching the schedule type to “Real-time Sync”, “USB plug in”, or “Event triggers” will not work when editing tasks.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 5.5.0 (2019-12-20):
- Added setting: set up when to operate the USB event task after inserting the USB device.
- Added function: restore or clone GPT disk with more than three partitions to MBR disk.
- Added function: double click image file to browse image.
- Added function: continue to perform incremental backup, differential backup, or full backup on the original task after disk or partition restoration.
- Fixed issue: Partitions with no drive letters would be assigned with drive letters after disk restoration.
- Fixed issue: Error “Out of space (code: 214)” occurs during the process of restoring / cloning one disk to another of the same size.
- Fixed issue: Error “Failed to resize partition, (code: 4120)” occurs during the process of restoring / cloning disk.
- Fixed issue: Error “Insufficient storage space, (code: 4120)” occurs during the process of restoring to a disk smaller than the source disk.
- Fixed issue: Error occurs while browsing partitions with no drive letter in backup image.Optimized the speed of file backup and file sync.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 5.3.0 (2019-10-08):
- Optimized the speed of file backup and file sync.
- Optimized the function to edit task.
- Added the ability to switch a sync task between real-time sync and other types of scheduled sync.
- Fixed issue: the path is too long to perform file sync.
- Fixed issue: unable to only restore individual files from a file backup in some situations.
- Fixed issue: unable to delete Windows scheduled task in some Vista systems.
Changes in AOMEI Backupper 5.2.0 (2019-08-23):
- Update the interfaces of AOMEI PXE Boot Tool and AOMEI Image Deploy in “Tools”
- Dynamically resize the program window based on your screen resolution and DPI settings.
- Fixed issue: the number of entered characters for backup image password doesn’t match the maximum number of allowed characters.
- Fixed issue: system on GPT disk cannot be recognized in some computers.
- Fixed issue: the program suspended from backup progress without prompt when destination disk space is insufficient.
Homepage – https://www.ubackup.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Supported File Systems: NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, EXT2, EXT3 and other file systems
Storage Devices: Internal hard disks, External hard disks, Solid-state drive (SSD), USB flash drives, Thumb Drives, Network-attached storage (NAS), cloud drive, Hardware RAID, Dynamic Disk and Virtual machine system, etc.
Size: 113 MB