Avast Premium Security is more than just antivirus. It provides complete online protection for all of your computers, phones, and tablets. The software has custom features for PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone/iPad secure your devices where it’s needed most. Single- and Multi-Device options let you choose the protection that works best for you. “Up to 10 devices” means you can share your security with every one of your devices or everyone closest to you.
Avast Premium Security protects against all online threats, including spoofed websites and ransomware. Complemented by SafeZone technology, it creates an isolated virtual desktop, invisible to any possible attacker, where you can do your online shopping and banking securely.
The Avast award-winning and certified antivirus engine and shields stop even previously unknown threats – for peace of mind when you chat or spend time on Facebook, Twitter, or other websites.
The silent firewall stops hackers and other unauthorized entry attempts to your PC, to keep your data where it belongs – safe and sound. The antispam feature blocks both spam and sophisticated “phishing” attempts, to keep you from clicking “harmless” links that really can cause damage.
Safely shop and bank online
Spoofed (fake) websites are one of the oldest hacking tricks in the book. Avast Premium Security scans websites for security risks on both your computer and mobile phone, so you can finally shop and bank online safely on any device.
Avoid becoming the victim of digital extortion
Ransomware is quickly becoming one of the most common – and dangerous – types of malware out there. Avast Premium Security protects your devices against havoc-wreaking ransomware so you don’t become the victim of digital extortion.
- Blocks viruses, spyware, and other threats in real-time
- Enjoy peace of mind with advanced ransomware protection
- Avoid fake websites for safer online shopping and banking
- Keep hackers off your computer with our advanced firewall
- Prevent strangers from watching you via your webcam
With Avast Premium Security for Windows, you also get:
- Advanced antivirus. Blocks viruses, spyware, and other malware in real-time.
- Web Shield. Blocks dangerous downloads and websites.
- Wi-Fi Inspector. Detects weaknesses in both your home Wi-Fi network and public networks.
- Real Site. Prevents you from visiting fake sites designed to steal passwords and money.
- Sandbox. Lets you open suspicious files in a safe environment to protect your PC.
- Advanced Firewall. Monitors and controls what goes in and out of your computer.
- Ransomware Shield. Prevents ransomware from harming any files in your protected folders.
- Sensitive Data Shield. Stops spyware from accessing sensitive documents on your computer.
- Webcam Shield. Blocks untrusted apps from accessing your webcam.
- Data Shredder. Helps you permanently delete sensitive files so they can’t be recovered.
- Automatic Software Updater. Updates the most popular apps on your PC to help plug security holes.
- Passive Mode. Lets you safely use another antivirus on your PC alongside Avast Premium Security.
- Do Not Disturb Mode. Silences notifications from Windows, other apps, and even our own Avast apps.
- Real-time updates. Pushes security updates to you so you always have our best protection.
Security for Mac
Your Mac is not immune to malware. And malware isn’t even the only threat Macs face. Malicious websites and vulnerable Wi-Fi networks can also jeopardize your safety — unless you have the right protection.
- Block viruses, spyware, and other threats in real-time
- Enjoy peace of mind with advanced ransomware protection
- Be instantly alerted to Wi-Fi network weaknesses and intruders
- Avoid fake websites for safer online shopping and banking
- Get an extra security layer against even the newest phishing sites
Security for Android
Android phones are vulnerable to both malware and theft. So having the best anti-malware and anti-theft protection in your pocket can save you a lot of headaches (and money) down the line.
- Block viruses, spyware, and malicious app installations
- Capture photos and audio of the thief if your phone is stolen
- Automatically lock your phone if a thief changes your SIM card
- Track your lost phone’s last-known location if the battery dies
- Lock private photos and apps with a PIN code or fingerprint
Security for iPhone/ iPad
iOS security isn’t about unnecessary antivirus and malware protection — it’s about making sure iPhone and iPad users are safe every time they go online. Unsecure Wi-Fi networks and identity theft can put anyone at risk.
- Scan any Wi-Fi network for vulnerabilities before connecting
- Monitor unlimited email addresses for password leaks
- Hide unlimited private photos in our encrypted photo vault
- Securely and privately browse the web with our built-in VPN
Changes in Avast 20.7.2421 Build 20.7.5509 Beta:
- moving configuration from files to registry keys to improve related performance and reliability
- “Avast Passwords” component is not installed by default -> user needs to manually check it during setup
- accessibility support for blind/impaired people in setup – part 1 (the most of texts in setup should be read by screen reader app if it is installed (NVDA, JAWS) but task is not complete. There are still issues that some elements are not read at all / are read twice or in wrong order -> usability is not perfect. We will try to improve it in next BETA builds)
- Sensitive Data Shield status reported correctly even after disabling passive mode
- Icarus.exe process does not ask for connection permission (in Firewall) anymore
Changes in Avast 20.6.2420 Build 20.6.5495:
- Simplified privacy settings – We’ve updated our privacy settings to make it easier to manage your privacy
- Payment notification – If for any reason your payment fails during an automatic subscription renewal, we’ll now let you know on the main dashboard
- Malfunctioned Chrome distribution upon install
- Nasty Passive mode error (frozen UI, disabled service)
- Some more rare Rescue Disk creation failures
- IDP incorrectly stating that detection can/can’t be removed
- Handle leak
- Heap corruption fix
- UI issues when Remote Access Shield or Real Site were disabled as custom install components
- Tray icon misbehavior when enabling/disabling components
- Disabling confusing Firewall toaster on Unidentified network
Changes in Avast 20.5.2415 Build 20.5.5410:
- Introducing Remote Access Shield – Enjoy even stronger protection against hackers. This new feature lets you choose who can remotely access your computer and lets you block the rest. (Premium Security users only)
- Ransomware Shield is now free – We’re now offering this feature to Avast Free Antivirus users to maximize their ransomware protection
- Easier USB drive protection – We’ll now ask you to scan USB drives when you plug them into your computer. (You can also turn this off in your notification settings)
- Improved taskbar icon – There’s no need to keep your antivirus open during scans. You can now see your scan progress from the Avast taskbar icon
- Better botnet protection – Web Shield is even better about stopping malware from connecting to malicious servers
Things to note:
- We are no longer releasing new versions of Internet Security and Pro. Every Pro/IS user updated to 20.5 version will end up on Premium Security to enjoy the full feature-set of paid version.
- Teaser for our dedicated forum users: We’ve added support for scanning Google QUIC protocol in Webshield, though it’s enabled only for some users at the moment. We plan to full scale it in the upcoming version.
…and from about 110 other smaller or larger tasks, we pick here the fixes of:
- corner cases when Firewall was consuming too much CPU in correlation with VPS requests
- Cleanup install detection upon switching to x64 version (Congrats to Cleanup team and sorry when the app was being offered to you even if you had it already)
- bugs in protecting passwords stored in Firefox and Chrome that were installed after Avast AV
- some RescueDisk failures when being created on USB
- UI glitches for enabling/disabling shield in Protection section
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.3.2405 Build 20.3.5200:
- New alerts – Get alerted when new devices join your network (Useful for catching both hackers and freeloading neighbors)
- More privacy – You now have the option to be protected from shady websites even in browsers that use the DoH protocol to encrypt the Domain Name System (DNS). Premium Security users can turn this on in their Real Site settings
- Improved Wi-Fi Inspector – We’ve updated your Wi-Fi Inspector so that it’s a lot more stable/li>
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.3.2404 Build 20.3.5185 Beta:
- Edition upgrade (where only edition is changed but build remain the same) does not require OS restart
- Random issue with freezed OS during AV edition downgrade / uninstall
- Reading account details so name and email address are properly displayed in Menu
- Sensitive data shield does not show protected files in User Interface after upgrade from Free to Premium edition without restart (it is ok after the computer restart)
- Two application crashes under specific conditions related to SecureDNS and Webshield components
- SecureDNS component is not fully working after upgrade from Free to Premium edition without restart on MS Windows 7 (it is ok after the computer restart)
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.3.2403 Build 20.3.5164 Beta:
- AV setup does not offer Google Toolbar installation anymore
- Rescue disk VPS can be updated now
- Incorrect marketing content (related to installation instead of update) was displayed after program update in some cases
- Unsupported localizations are removed during edition upgrade to OMNI edition since it currently supports only ENG localization
- Getting licenses from an account, when one account logs out and another account logs in
- Reduced number of retries for getting licenses from the server in case something fails
- Ability to pay via Paypal
- Issues with Firewall not running after the update from previous versions
- Problem with repeated Ask dialogs from Firewall when “Ask” is set as the firewall policy
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.3.2402 Build 20.3.5149 Beta:
- New logic regarding login (and creating accounts) was added. Thanks to that, Recaptcha is not necessary anymore. We added a possibility to check the entered password (via the small eye). Also, you’ll now find a new link for forgotten passwords.
- Progress of virus scans got a new look. Check it out by navigating to Protection → Virus Scans and launch a scan of your liking!
- Scan History got restructured and simplified.
- SafePrice and Avast Online Security browser extensions are not installed for new installations but remain installed for existing users
- It is possible to cancel clean installation via button from installation toaster
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.2.2401 Build 20.2.5130 Beta:
- Fixed issue with Sensitive data shield
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.2.2400 Build 20.2.5125 Beta:
- Fixed issue with firewall blocking PPTP and L2TP traffic
- Fixed issue with failed installation on Windows 10 caused by windows update pending (user will be informed that he has to restart PC to successfully install AV)
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.2.2399 Build 20.2.5112 Beta:
- Fixed UI failed to load issue
- Fixed detection and restart dialogues
- Fixed issue with missing post update screen
- Fixed issue with browser category in smart scan
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.2.2398 Build 20.2.5089 Beta:
- New premium feature Password Protection – it protects the passwords stored in Chrome or Firefox.
- New firewall driver
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.1.2397 Build 20.1.5069:
- Browser extensions – Improve your browsing with our latest extensions (just open Menu > Browser extensions)
- Fewer popups – If you already have Avast Cleanup Premium, you’ll no longer see offers for it (sorry about that!)
- Improved statuses – The status messages you see on the main screen are now easier to understand
- Fixed Rescue Disk – You can now use Rescue Disk again to restore your PC from advanced attacks
- Other bug fixes – We’ve stomped dozens of other bugs to keep everything running smoothly
- Fixed problem with logs not correctly rotating (logs had hundreds of MB in some cases)
- Fixed issues in Smart scan that performance scan does not find any problems
- Fixed issue with stuck Smart scan
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.1.2396 Build 20.1.5049 Beta:
- Fixed lot of crashes reported from previous beta
- Fixed possible deadlock of User Interface
- Fixed conflict between Self Defense and IDauto software
Changes in Avast Premium Seurity 20.1.2395 Build 20.1.5026 Beta:
- Browser extensions
- Improved detection of status of browser extensions
- Added support of detection in Opera browser
- Update process of user interface was improved
- Smart Scan improvements – Advanced issues – when everything is ok, we are showing “green” results instead of hidding the tab
- Rescue Disc is working again
- It is now possible to export certificate in Mail Shield settings
What’s New in avast Internet Security 2019 19.8.2393 Build 19.8.4793:
- Hello, menu, my new friend – Check out all the useful shortcuts we’ve added to our top-right menu
- Goodbye, double-click – You no longer have to click twice on our popups to open or close them
- Smarter Smart Scan – Virus scan now deals with threats automatically, so you don’t have to sit through our scans
- “Reboot” got the boot – A redundant reboot message was fixed. A redundant reboot message was fixed
- Firewall fix – Changing your Firewall settings will now (gasp!) actually change your Firewall settings
- Passive Mode fix – Turning on or off Passive Mode no longer shows an infinitely spinning circle (your cat may miss this one, but you won’t)
- Fixed crashes of UI after online installation
- New CEF version now to render the UI (3.3626.1895)
- Fixed crash related to running Sandbox (if double-clicked) and also fixed displaying of detection dialogs in Sandbox
Homepage – https://www.avast.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- PC: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (SP2) (32 or 64-bit), 1 GB RAM, 2 GB free hard disk space.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher with 500 MB of hard disk space.
- Android: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher.
- iPhone/iPad: iOS 10.0 or higher.
Size: 372 MB