DiskGenius software is the professional all-in-one solution for data recovery, partition manager, backup and restore with additional disk utilities. This software is preferred by IT professionals, technicians and service providers.
This professional data recovery software will help you get back lost files or partitions and recover RAW drive with ease. It precisely recovers lost data from deleted or formatted RAW drive, partition loss, OS crash and a number of other data loss situations.
Apart from basic functions on data recovery, partition management and data backup, the Professional Edition provides more advanced and notable functions such as hex editor, image disk, construct virtual RAID, encrypted partition recovery, manage virtual disk, copy sectors and so on.
DiskGenius is powerful backup software and it can backup partition, clone disk/partition, migrate system to SSD/HDD, etc. It will help you to create a system image backup for current Windows with simple clicks to keep operating system under protection.
DiskGenius is full featured partition manager, which is designed to optimize disk usage for Windows users. It allows you to resize, extend, split, create, delete, format, hide, copy and erase partition to maximize disk space use.
- Windows Backup. Easily back up system partition and other system related partitions, including system files, boot files, settings, applications, etc.
- Safely Restore System. Quickly and safely restore Windows system from backup when system crashes, saving your system and important information.
- Multiple Backup Methods. Support full and incremental backup as well as multiple backup modes, making backup flexible and practical.
- UEFI Compatibility. DiskGenius is now ready to back up system installed on both BIOS-based and UEFI-based hardware.
- WinPE Media Builder. Create a Win-PE based bootable disk in case that system fails to boot or for advanced operations.
- Support Windows 10. It is fully compatible with all versions of Windows operating systems up to Windows 10.
- Comprehensive Data Recovery. Safely and rapidly recover lost data from PC, HDD, memory card, USB flash drive, virtual disk, RAID drives after deletion, formatting, virus attack, system crash, etc.
- Optimized File Searching Engine. Powered by advanced scanning algorithm, it goes deeper to locate every byte of lost data on storage devices with ease and guarantees high data recovery rate.
- Preview Files Before Recovery. Preview recoverable files displayed in scanning result before final recovery so that you can estimate the chances of successful file recovery and proceed with selective recovery.
- Unbootable PC Data Recovery. You will able to create WinPE bootable USB disk to boot your computer and recover lost files when Windows won’t boot such as crash, freeze, keeping rebooting, etc.
- Virtual Disk Recovery. DiskGenius supports to load virtual disks created by VMware, Virtual Box and Microsoft Virtual PC and recover lost files or partitions without running those virtual machines.
- RAID data recovery. Recover lost, formatted or inaccessible data from all types of RAID arrays like RAID0, RAID5, RAID 6 and RAID 10 by way of constructing virtual RAID.
- Image Data Recovery. Create a sector-by-sector copy for entire disk, partition or some sectors to recover lost data without scanning original device which is experiencing errors like bad sectors or corruption.
- Sector Editor. A hex editor is provided to analyze and edit raw data of disks and partitions, which helps recover deleted files, restore lost partitions and retrieve data from corrupted drives.
DiskGenius is a wonderful tool and has three editions: Free, Standard and Professional. When you download and use the program, it is the FREE edition of DiskGenius. Some functions are not available for Free Edition. But you can buy the program’s license to upgrade it from Free Edition to Standard Edition or Professional Edition.
DiskGenius can do more!
- Check & Repair Bad Sectors. Detect and repair bad sectors for various storage devices such as hard drive, external hard drive, SSD, SD card, flash drive, etc.
- View S.M.A.R.T. Information. Monitor S.M.A.R.T. attributes to help you check if the disk has started to develop problems and decide whether the disk needs to be replaced to avoid potential data loss.
- Wipe Hard Drive. Completely erase all information on HDD before planning to recycle, sell or give away old PC, keeping private data safe.
- Permanently Delete Files. Securely delete your sensitive files and overwrite data with random patterns, making sure deleted information is no longer recoverable.
- Erase Free Space. Permanently wipe empty space on your hard drive or other storage devices so that lost data cannot be recovered by any method.
- Hex Editor. The included hex editor in the software will help users to view and edit file binary content in hexadecimal and SDCII modes.
- Check 4K Alignment. Easily check whether partitions on your computer are properly 4K aligned or not.
- Format USB Drive In Batch. Automatically format all connected USB flash drives to FAT32, NTFS or exFAT if USB disk matches parameters you’ve configured.
- Rebuild MBR. Rebuild Master Boot Record when MBR is missing, corrupted or damaged, solving Windows cannot load error.
- Check Partition Table Error. Check and correct partition table error for hard disk to avoid issues like Windows failure to boot, losing partition, etc.
- Support LVM. Copy files from LVM volume or write data to LVM volume; resize partition of single PV on LVM without data loss.
Changes in DiskGenius 184.108.40.2062:
- Support to copy files from mapped network disk to the partition opened by the application by way of dragging the mouse or pressing the Ctrl_C and Ctrl_V keys.
- Enhance the judgment of file types such as CR3, MOV, MP4, MRW, etc. when recovering files by type.
- The “Modify Partition Parameters” dialog box adds features to modify GUID partition attributes.
- The “No Drive Letter” attribute is added when creating MSR partition. The “No Drive Letter” and “OEM” attributes are added when creating Microsoft recovery partition.
- Improve the function of migrating WinToGo system to a local hard drive.
- Fixed the issue that the Batch Format USB Disk feature stopped responding after inserting USB flash drives.
- Fixed the issue that the bootable WinPE USB disk created by the application was not bootable.
- Fixed an issue that the application startup might cause some USB flash drive to disconnect.
- Fixed an issue that errors occurred when resizing an EXT4 partition which was formatted with cluster size of 8KB or larger.
- Fixed an issue that copying files larger than 2TB could fail.
Changes in DiskGenius 220.127.116.118:
- Add functions of backing up an entire disk to image file and restoring the disk from image file.
- When saving test report for the “Verify or Repair Bad Sectors” function, you can choose whether to save information for normal sectors.
- Support QEMU virtual disk format (.qcow file).
- Support dynamic disks that are created on Storage Spaces.
- Support dynamic disks that are composed of disks with different sector sizes.
- Support FAT16 partition created by ESXi system.
- Support to read vmdk files that are in stream-optimized format.
- Support to display attributes of encrypted files under FAT32 file system.
- The Clone Disk function and System Migration function optimize the support of BitLocker partition.
- The Clone Disk function and System Migration function improve the selection and management of target disk partitions.
- Improve the cluster allocation policy of NTFS partition to prevent excessive fragments in $MFT.
- Enhance the judgment of “BitLocker To Go” encrypted partition.
- Press the Enter key on the current directory control above the file list, and the application immediately switches to display the target directory.
- When the File Recovery function copies files, the time of recovered folders keeps unchanged.
- The “View S.M.A.R.T. Information” window adds the display of the percentage of disk remaining life.
- “Encrypted File Cannot Preview” is displayed when previewing encrypted files.
- When the ESP partition is found by the “Partition Recovery” function, the application uses the ESP-specific partition type GUID.
- When writing data to NTFS partition, it always allocates space from the beginning of the partition.
- Adjust locations for some menu items.
- Optimize file recovery function for NTFS partition.
- Optimize the way to get hard drive model and serial number, and the results are more accurate.
- Fixed an issue that recognized partitions were not listed when restoring files on RAM disks.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases file attributes were displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that registration was required when writing files to partitions with drive letters.
- Fixed an issue that exceptions occurred when recovering TIFF and heif files.
- Fixed an issue for Partition Recovery function that in rare cases the beginning of partition was not found correctly.
- Fixed an issue that partitions were displayed repeatedly after cloning disk by sector.
- Fixed an issue that cloning partition by file could not be executed after the NTFS partition was full.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when deleting files from NTFS partition in some cases.
- Fixed an issue of displaying progress for Clone Disk function and System Migration function.
- Fixed an issue that the VMDK created with Chinese name could not be opened in VMware.
Changes in DiskGenius 18.104.22.1689:
- Support to migrate Windows to VirtualBox.
- When the software detects that a disk has bad sectors during startup, it will pause loading the disk first, and then prompt the user to manually refresh after it is started.
- A warning mark will be shown on disk icon after the software reads the disk and encounters bad sectors.
- The software will ask whether to save bad sector record if bad sectors are found on a disk while closing the software. After saving the record, the software will not read them repeatedly next time you run the software in case the disk freezes computer.
- Optimize the file copy function and fix known issues.
- Optimize the execution speed of erasing the free space in EXT4 partitions.
- Optimize the file recovery result for NTFS partitions.
- Add the support for file types of Office Visio file (.VSDX), Fujifilm RAW image file (.RAF) and Konica Minolta RAW image file (.MRW).
- Improve the fault tolerance when saving GUID partition table under special circumstances.
- Support to copy selected files of all partitions in one time when you select files of multiple “Recognized” partitions after the software finishes scanning.
- The “View Secure Boot Certificate” function is added to the “Set UEFI Boot Entries” dialog box.
- When cloning LVM disks and dynamic disks, only “Copy all sectors” disk clone mode is available.
- Special characters are allowed to be used when setting volume name.
- The menu item “Deleted or Formatted File Recovery” is changed to” Recover Lost Files”.
- Fixed an issue of parsing EXT4 file system.
- Fixed an issue that “Recovered Types” might contain duplicate files after recovering files.
- Fixed an issue that in some case the partition graph might display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that the “Partition Recovery” function was unable to recover EXT4 partitions that did not contain files.
- Fixed an issue that the Clone Disk function and System Migration function could not correctly limit the maximum capacity of partition.
- Fixed an issue that a new partition could not be created via pressing the Enter key.
- Fixed an issue on Bad Track Verification dialog box that the interface did not display correctly when checking accurate sector number.
- Fixed some details in the function of resizing partitions.
- Fixed an issue that the newly formatted FAT32 partition could not be restored after it was backed up by files.
- Fixed an issue that file copy process got interrupted after press the ESC key on the file copy dialog box.
- Fixed an issue that system boot might fail after searching for lost partitions and saving partition table on GUID disk.
- Fixed an issue that the image was not displayed normally when previewing some heif photos.
Homepage – https://www.diskgenius.com
Supports FAT12/ FAT16/ FAT32/ exFAT/ NTFS/ Ext2/ Ext3/ Ext4 file systems.
Size: 77.8 MB