xplorer² is a dual-panel desktop file manager combining the simplicity of windows explorer with the speed and efficiency of traditional dual pane orthodox file managers, helping you be productive with your documents, pictures, music, source code and other files.
Unlike Windows explorer, xplorer² allows you to browse more than one folder at a time, using tabs and dual panes. Sorting out and copying files becomes a breeze.
You can navigate your shell namespace quickly using favorites, clickable paths (breadcrumbs), easy access to root folders, a tree and a bookmark pane (Dropbox) etc. You can even save and restore folder groups whenever your workflow deems necessary.
xplorer² browsing model scales up well to large folders with thousands of files. It reads fast, offers visual filters and a variety of selection mechanisms that allow you to manage your files effectively.
- Full shell namespace browser
- Dual panes and folder tabs
- Preview documents, images, music etc.
- Desktop search using all file attributes
- Folder sizes and disk space visualization
- Synchronize folder contents
- Search for duplicate files to free space
- Advanced copy and delete operations
- Filename color coding
- Execute custom commands (even DOS)
- Fully customizable
- Everyday efficiency and control
- Manage large folders with ease
- Lightweight system resource use
- Native 32/64 bit and Unicode versions
- Bug fixes
Changes in version 184.108.40.206 (May 26, 2023):
- bugfixes for European floating point number format (1,20)
Changes in version 220.127.116.11 (December 29, 2022):
- [P] custom xplorerÂ² context submenu shows also when you right click “nowhere” (on a view pane’s background). You may add in there menu commands that don’t rely on items selected
- The new titlebar “drivebar” (drop-down menu really, see below) includes an item for THIS PC folder that lets you access other non-filesystem connected devices (phones etc)
- [P] A keyboard-only command (ID= 33542) switches the quickfilter box from filter to search mode (and vice-versa). Use CUSTOMIZE > KEYBOARD menu to assign a keyboard shortcut to it; for new installations it is <CTRL+ALT + W>. This way you can easily switch modes, both filter and search are useful. There is another keyboard-only command that sets the focus to the quick filter box, ID number is 33250.
- TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS menu command starts the external settings editor in the correct layout, in case you are in a non-default layout (see WINDOW menu)
- [P] CLEAR button in all filter-type dialogs (e.g. FindFiles) sends the focus to NAMED field so you can start typing something immediately
- a few more multimonitor DPI corrections.
- editor² v2.99 darkens its main window whenever a dialog pops up to assist focusing. This is controlled by bShadeFocus registry switch
Changes in version 18.104.22.168 (May 16, 2022):
- some bugfixes for multimonitor DPI behavior (e.g. shrinking previewer fonts)
- xplorer² now supports an SFTP extension called WINFSP (https://winfsp.dev/rel/). More on that later
Changes in version 22.214.171.124 (November 27, 2021):
- Sadly the new mass rename mode that maintains selection turned out to be very slow, so an advanced registry setting called nMaxSlowRename was added to control the behavior. If you are not interested in successive renaming steps, set it to 0, so all renames finish quickly as previously. Otherwise, “slow” rename mode will be used only when few files are to be renamed, the limit being nMaxSlowRename. Only use it if you plan to rename the same set of files in steps.
Changes in version 126.96.36.199 (June 13, 2021):
- Fixed some tree’s quick access list gremlins. If you get multiple phantom folders in it, just delete them and they shouldn’t come back.
- A little better recovering from network folder tab becoming unavailable. You only need to wait up to the ping timeout before xplorer² comes back to life.
- Editor² allows larger toolbar skins, e.g rename ed2skin_XL.png to ed2skin.png in the installation folder and see how it looks (good for high DPI)
Changes in version 188.8.131.52 (March 16, 2021):
- If peek preview on some PDF document takes too long, hold down ESCAPE key to abort reading it
- The inevitable small bugfixes
Homepage – https://www.zabkat.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Size: 2.96 MB