SpeedCommander 20 is a comfortable file manager. This software builds on the proven two window technology and offers a multitude of exclusive features. Sort, copy, move or delete your files either using the keyboard or the mouse.
SpeedCommander displays files and folders in the proven two window technology. Source and target of operations are therefore always visible. This ensures a higher productivity compared to Windows Explorer and an extremely fast navigation through files, folders and FTP sites.
This File Commander offers you many options for copying and moving files. With the integrated Quick View you can see the content of many file formats.
Pictures, videos or music files – SpeedCommander gives you a fast overview for every kind of files. FileSync synchronizes folders, FileSearch finds files and folders on all data mediums.
SpeedCommander 20 has a modern Add-In interface, so that additional plugins can be used, enhancing the original functionality. The program communicates with the Add-In via the component object model (COM). An Add-In can add functionality in the menu or the toolbars. The Add-Ins also have full access to SpeedCommander’s object model. They can open and alter folder windows, as well access their content.
SpeedCommander supports various FTP types like FTP via SSH (SFTP) and SSL encrypted FTP. The user just needs to choose a protocol, everything else is done in a transparent way. The support for proxies was expanded noticeably. The program supports Socks 4/4a/5 and HTTP connections. The user can choose to compress directory listing and file transfers with MODE Z. Band width limiting keeps your line responsive, if required.
- Two folder windows which you can arrange horizontally or vertically
- Multiple folder views in one folder panel
- File Container with multiple independent containers
- Quick access to Network Neighborhood, Internet and FTP
- Direct support for the many archive formats (including 7Z, RAR, SQX, ZIP)
- Integrated Quick View for many file formats
- Multi-rename tool
- Fast and comfortable Search Program (FileSearch)
- Synchronize files and folders (FileSync)
- Flexible editor for text files (SpeedEdit)
- FileSearch: Window for displaying search results when using a dark theme
- 7z: If an already existing file is skipped in the ‘Replace file’ dialog when extracting, not all selected files are extracted
- CAB: When compressing, file names with umlauts were not saved correctly in the archive directory
- SCBackupRestore: Possible stack overflow under certain circumstances
- Update of CRT/MFC/Compiler to Visual Studio 2022 (17.4)
- Quick view: Update of DynaPDF to version 18.104.22.168
What’s New in SC Version 20.30 Build 10800:
- Pro version: Sectors are displayed right-aligned and with thousands separator in the ‘Create Disk Image’ dialog
- List view: Special ReparsePoint file attributes for OneDrive directories are ignored when calculating folder sizes
- Folder pane: Special ReparsePoint file attributes for OneDrive directories are ignored when displaying folder information
- File operation: Special ReparsePoint file attributes for OneDrive directories are ignored during file operations
- FileSearch: Special ReparsePoint file attributes for OneDrive directories are ignored during searches
- SpeedEdit: Increase of maximum tab width for better display of longer file names
- fsc: New command line parameter /xj for skipping junctions
- sqc: Support for LZMA2 method (7z) via command switch -SZM2
- The setting options for [FilePreviewWnd] – EnablePreview were limited to Yes/No
- List view: The limit for folder sizes was not calculated correctly when entering a value larger than 4000 MiB
- List view: When displaying maximum limited folder sizes, the correct unit was not used under certain circumstances
- Folder window: The digits for the access of the tabs were not displayed correctly if the UTF8 code page is activated as default in the Windows regional settings
- Pro version: Possible crash when switching to and in OneDrive Business
- 7z: The value for the remaining time during extracting was calculated incorrectly
- SFX: Environment variables in the path to the icon file were not expanded
- FileSearch: When searching for Unicode text, occurrences were also found that included only half of the search text
- FileSync: The direction arrow was missing from the ‘right to left sync’ icon (Dark Office 2019 style, 16×16)
- FileSync: When the profile setting ‘Follow junctions’ was disabled, empty folders were created in the target directory for untracked junctions
- sqc: The environment variables used in the parameter ‘SFX-E’ in script files were already expanded when creating the SFX and not only when invoking it
- sqc: The file names of source files that were not found were not written to the log file
- Update of CRT/MFC/Compiler to Visual Studio 2019 (16.11)
Homepage – https://www.speedproject.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 19.9 MB