Q-Dir (the Quad Explorer) makes your files and folder easy to manage, as an installed or portable Windows program. Fast and easy access to your hard disks, network folders, USB-Stiks, floppy disks and other storage devices.
Q-Dir is a good file manager with an amazing Quadro-View technique. You don’t have to renounce the usual, Drag and Drop, all Views, and other functions of your system.
This application is one of those alternatives, as this application has been specifically developed to serve as a replacement for the default Windows file management utility. This tool allows users to browse up to four locations in the same time.
It also supports tabbed browsing, which means one of the panels can open multiple folders at the same time and organize them in tabs, in the same way Internet browsers do with webpages.
Plus, Q-Dir has several extras, thus allowing you to customize the application a little bit, especially when it comes to layout and the way it looks.
The program does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from the desktop, and can be carried on a small usb-stick or other memory device.
Some Q-Dir features:
- Favorites: Quick access to most often used folders.
- Drag and Drop: Move files by dragging in Q-views, and other programs such as MS Explorer.
- Clipboard: Copy/ Paste between the Q-Dir directory views, and other programs such as MS Explorer.
- Folder-Type: ZIP-, FTP-,cabinet-,network-, system – folders, shortcuts …
- Views: Large icons, tiles, list, detail, thumbnail (Vista: extra large symbols) .
- Export: to XLS, CSV, TXT, HTML.
- Popup Menus: Desktop, My Computer.
- Screen magnifier: anything on the screen can be enlarged.
- Color Filter: Different colors for different item types (e.g. *.log;*.txt).
- Highlight-Filter: Effective way for fast items highlighting.
- File-Filter: Allows for quick and easy filtering of the items.
- Columns: All columns support, and save function .
- Quick-Link’s: For fast folder access.
- Folder-Select: Fast & flexible folder selection address-bar/ desktop menu/ my-computer menu/…
- Multi-INI: Several INI files
- Tree-View: Simple and quadruple.
- Preview: Allows a quick preview
Changes in version 11.36 (2023-09-22):
- Further improvements in usability and focus optimization elements
- Updated language files in Quad Explorer
Changes in version 11.35 (2023-09-12):
- Various corrections in the individual file explorer list view
- Important language file update
- Adjustments and improvements to the Quad Explorer on Windows 11
Changes in version 11.34 (2023-09-05):
- General fixes and small tweaks
- Optimization and various fixes.on Windows 11
- Update of the Q-Dir language files
Changes in version 11.33 (2023-08-28):
- Language files update in Quad Explorer for all Windows OS
- Small fixes for Microsoft Windows 11 and Windows 10
Changes in version 11.32 (2023-08-08):
- Various bug fixes in the menus and improvements in Q-Dir
- General improvements in the navigation area and address bars
Changes in version 11.31 (2023-07-29):
- New code sign certificate for Q-Dir.exe
- Important tests of Q-Dir for the next MS Windows 11 update
- Language file updates
Changes in version 11.29 (2023-06-12):
- Small tests and adjustments for the new MS Windows 11 update
- Updated language files in Quad File Explorer for all Windows operating systems
Homepage – https://www.softwareok.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022.
Size: 777 KB