Q-Dir 11.21 – The Quad File Explorer
Q-Dir (the Quad Explorer) makes your files and folder easy to manage, as an installed or portable Windows program. Fast and easy access to your hard disks, network folders, USB-Stiks, floppy disks and other storage devices.
Q-Dir is a good file manager with an amazing Quadro-View technique. You don’t have to renounce the usual, Drag and Drop, all Views, and other functions of your system.
This application is one of those alternatives, as this application has been specifically developed to serve as a replacement for the default Windows file management utility. This tool allows users to browse up to four locations in the same time.
It also supports tabbed browsing, which means one of the panels can open multiple folders at the same time and organize them in tabs, in the same way Internet browsers do with webpages.
Plus, Q-Dir has several extras, thus allowing you to customize the application a little bit, especially when it comes to layout and the way it looks.
The program does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from the desktop, and can be carried on a small usb-stick or other memory device.
Some Q-Dir features:
- Favorites: Quick access to most often used folders.
- Drag and Drop: Move files by dragging in Q-views, and other programs such as MS Explorer.
- Clipboard: Copy/ Paste between the Q-Dir directory views, and other programs such as MS Explorer.
- Folder-Type: ZIP-, FTP-,cabinet-,network-, system – folders, shortcuts …
- Views: Large icons, tiles, list, detail, thumbnail (Vista: extra large symbols) .
- Export: to XLS, CSV, TXT, HTML.
- Popup Menus: Desktop, My Computer.
- Screen magnifier: anything on the screen can be enlarged.
- Color Filter: Different colors for different item types (e.g. *.log;*.txt).
- Highlight-Filter: Effective way for fast items highlighting.
- File-Filter: Allows for quick and easy filtering of the items.
- Columns: All columns support, and save function .
- Quick-Link’s: For fast folder access.
- Folder-Select: Fast & flexible folder selection address-bar/ desktop menu/ my-computer menu/…
- Multi-INI: Several INI files
- Tree-View: Simple and quadruple.
- Preview: Allows a quick preview
Changes in version 11.21 (2023-02-20):
- Improvements and fine tuning in the address bars and navigation area
- Corrections when working with administrator rights for file and folder access
- Update of the language files in Q-Dir
Changes in version 11.19 (2023-02-14):
- Improvements in the main menu and in the file explorer list
- Fine-tuning in Quad Explorer and improvements as well as updating the language files
Changes in version 11.17 (2023-01-13):
- Important adjustments in Q-Dir Explorer for MS Windows operating systems
- Small corrections Update of the language files
Changes in version 11.16 (2022-12-20):
- Small corrections in the list view for older Microsoft Windows OS
- Corrections in the individual File Explorer directory structures
- Update of the language files
Changes in version 11.15 (2022-11-28):
- Again various corrections and adjustments under Windows 11
- Corrections in the single file explorer list view
- Update of the language files in the Quad Explorer Q-Dir
Changes in version 11.13 (2022-10-11):
- Corrections in the address bar and toolbar in Windows 11 and small adjustments
- Small corrections and recompilation of Q-Dir, due to malfunctions
Changes in version 11.12 (2022-10-04):
- Bugfix for the symbols in menu items in Q-Dir
- Again adjustments the Windows 11 22H2 version
Changes in version 11.11 (2022-09-26):
- Verification and test of the Quad Explorer Q-Dir on Windows 11 22H2
- General corrections and small fine adjustments in the individual file explorers of Q-Dir
Homepage – https://www.softwareok.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022.
Size: 775 KB