WinMount is a powerful windows utility which is dedicated to managing compressed archives and image files impressively and conveniently.
It allows you to mount MOU, RAR, ZIP, ISO, etc archives as virtual disk. That enables you to use the files inside it directly without needing to extract it beforehand. Such convenient, therefore, saves your time and disk space dramatically.
WinMount also have compress, decompress and browse function that widely used by common compression tools. Supports compressing, decompressing and browsing MOU, RAR, ZIP, 7Z.
The program also is a CD-ROM OR DVD-ROM emulator. Supports almost all image file formats: ISO, BIN/CUE, CCD, BWT, MDS/MDF, NRG, IMG, ISZ, Microsoft WIM as a virtual disk. In addition, you will able to mount VHD, WMT, Microsoft WIM, FLAC, APE, WV as a virtual disk and using them directly.
MOU – A Highly, Fast, Free compressed format
- MOU is a new compressed file format that designed by WinMount.
- Features: Highly and fast compressed, by using the unique technology of mount, it can be mounted to a new virtual drive and be opened in a instant.
- RAR/ZIP/7Z can be converted to MOU.
- MOU is free of charge. That is, MOU can be used or published by personal, commercial and government.
Compress, decompress, browse
- Supports the regular operations for archives: compress, decompress (smart decompression is supported), browse.
- ZIP folder: Open a ZIP as a folder.
Mount – New opertation mode for archives
- Mount: Use archives directly by mounting them as a virtual drive, decompression is not needed.
- When mount RAR/ZIP file, WinMount will create an index file for it at the first time (only the first time), you should wait a moment. Other times you mount it will in an instant.
- We strongly recommend you to convert RAR/ZIP/7Z to MOU, because MOU never need to create index file.
Image files support
- WinMount supports mount image files to a virtual drive.
- They are: ISO, BIN/CUE, CCD, BWT, MDS/MDF, NRG, IMG, ISZ.
Audio, CD support
- WinMount supports mounting APE/FLAC/WV to a virtual CD. Conversion is not needed. You can listen to songs by selecting.
WMT – Designed for private files
- WMT can be opened by WinMount only. Encrypt function is being developed. This format is designed for protect the private files.
Other common formats support
- WinMount supports mounting VHD (Virtual hard disk).
- WinMount supports mounting WIM and browsing Microsoft WIM.
- WinMount can mount folder as a virtual disk. This function is widely used by advance users.
More functions are on their way, check the list below:
- Support mounting Http, ftp
- Support mounting Ghost disk image file
- Support mounting VMWare disk image file
- Support mounting arj and ice archive files
- Support mounting Inno setup, install-shield archive files … Whatever you can imagine
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in WinMount 3.5.1018 (October 18, 2011):
- Optimized algorithm of quick mounting.
- Fix some bugs.
Homepage – https://www.winmount.com
Size: 3.48 MB