Shark007 Codecs for Windows (formerly Win7codecs) is an audio and video codec package. The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive package.
“Shark007 Codecs” debuts @ version 18 combining both ADVANCED and STANDARD releases.
Anything that the ‘Movies & TV app’ fails to play, will be able to play in WMP using Shark codecs. All you need to do is check the box, [x] WMP suggested settings.
Windows Media Player will be able to play 4K HDR video with bitstreamed audio to an AVR.
Of course other players, such as MPC-HC and MPC-BE are fully supported also.
These releases have an option to move the configuration settings to the Application folder.
The Save and Restore settings feature is automated and also controlled by the commandline. To have your settings restored automatically during an upgrade, all you need to do is [Save ALL Settings]
The checkboxes involved are correctly set by default to allow automatic upgrade settings restoration.
Recently, there has been a major re-write of the GUI itself and the filters they control. Support for MKV on the xbox360 was dropped along with the removal of several deprecated codecs and the SetACL dependency.
Top features of the recent Settings Application rewrite:
- Remove all unnecessary code associated with the deprecated codec removal
- Re-organize the entire layout to be more intuitive, user friendly and visually appealing
- Allow the user to click anywhere on the App to relocate the Settings Application on the screen
- Add an Always On Top feature to keep the Settings Application in view
- Activate the previous instance of the Settings Application when trying to open a new instance
- Require Administrative privileges upon startup eliminating the need to rightclick
- Current codec setup can be propagated to All user accounts with the click of a button.
- Colorize and capitalize important functions to promote their significance
- Automatically resize the App relative to the display resolution and use high quality text
- A builtin, intelligent, Auto Update feature.
- Intuitive command line features.
- Add a Save | Restore settings feature to seamlessly return to a previous setup
All functions are performed instantaneously. The moment you select something, the action is performed. If you ever find yourself broken, simply press the [RESET ALL] button to return to a just installed state.
Shark007 Codecs for Windows pack does:
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s provided by Icaros.
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as FLV.
- Updated often – and has update notification built in
- Simple commandline features and a builtin, intelligent, Auto Update feature.
- Support playback of M4A audio files containing ALAC
- Support all system users without them being logged into Windows
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker and Codec Tweak Tool built in.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as FLV.
Changes in Shark007 Codecs 18.0.7:
- Update LAV filters 0.77.2.3
- Update MediaInfo DLL v23.9
- Media Player Classic – Black Edition (MPC-BE) filters 220.127.116.11
- Update VSFilter (DirectVobSub) 18.104.22.168
- Update XySubFilter (ASS support) 22.214.171.1244
- Update Icaros 3.3.1 Final
- Improve 4K HDR video playback when using [x]WMP suggested settings.
Here is a VERY useful tool: Download the Windows HDR Calibration app which fixes washed out colors.
The above requires Windows display setting set to use HDR and a monitor already in HDR display mode.
- Fully functional Save / Restore settings
- Remember monitor and screen positioning
- Auto Update all files directly from within the GUI
Homepage – https://shark007.net/advanced.html
This ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 package supports 20 localizations.
The default is English and the installer includes support for the following other languages. Arabic, Chinese Simplified/Traditional, Japanese, Czech, Danish, Dutch. Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian. Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish and Turkish.
Size: 25.0 MB
To UPGRADE, overwrite the files with newly obtained files,
Or just use the Auto-Update feature on the Help tab and everything gets updated automatically.
Using the Save | Restore settings feature on the Misc TAB,
you can save a current configuration and have it automatically restored, silently, if prefered.