STANDARD Codecs 17.1.9 x64 Portable
Shark007’s STANDARD Codecs for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 is an audio and video codec package. The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive package.
You won’t need to make any adjustments or tweaks to enjoy your media content immediately. Windows Media Player and Media Center will instantly recognize all your files as playable. It does not contain a media player and it does not associate any file types.
With this codecs package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players’ capabilities, to play all movies and video clips. Streaming video is supported in several formats in all popular web browsers.
Users of the STANDARD Codecs for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 have the ability to choose what is installed and where to install it using the public redistributable.
After installation you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. You can also re-add the removed items at any time.
STANDARD Codecs for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 pack does:
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s. (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification builtin
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
- Support use of the LAV filters with the Play To function for MKV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as MKV.H264 / AVC, hi10p / HEVC codecs are available for use by all players.
UPGRADE installations are fully functional! (but not recommended) If you are upgrading to solve an issue, you should UNINSTALL the old version Current releases support 4K, HDR<>SDR, and 3D decoding.
Changes in STANDARD Codecs 17.1.9 for Windows 10 and 11:
- Update LAV filters 0.77.2
- Update Icaros 3.3.0
- Update VSFilter (DirectVobSub) 188.8.131.52
- Update MediaInfo DLL (GIT_a3eac57)
- Fully functional Save / Restore settings
- Remember monitor and screen positioning
- Auto Update all files directly from within the GUI
Homepage – https://shark007.net/
The STANDARD Codecs for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 supports 20 localizations.
The default is English and the installer includes support for the following other languages. Arabic, Chinese Simplified/Traditional, Japanese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek. Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish and Turkish.
Size: 16.7 MB
DOWNLOAD STANDARD Codecs Portable 64-bit
To UPGRADE, overwrite the files with newly obtained files,
Or just use the Auto-Update feature on the Help tab and everything gets updated automatically.
Using the Save | Restore settings feature on the Misc TAB,
you can save a current configuration and have it automatically restored, silently, if prefered.