WhatsApp from Facebook is a FREE and secure text messaging and video calling application. It’s used by over 2B people in more than 180 countries. With WhatsApp, you’ll get fast, simple, secure messaging and calling for free, available on phones all over the world.
This app is simple and private, so you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family. WhatsApp works across mobile and desktop even on slow connections, with no subscription fees.
WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call. Also you will able to send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
TEXTS – Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to send text messages so you can avoid SMS fees.
GROUP CHAT – Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP – Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you. Download the desktop app or visit web.whatsapp.com to get started.
VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS – Speak Freely
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free, even if they’re in another country. And with free video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn’t enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone’s Internet connection, instead of your cell plan’s voice minutes, so don’t have to worry about expensive calling charges.
END-TO-END ENCRYPTION – Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you’re communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS – Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos instantly and quickly even if you’re on a slow connection. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera.
VOICE MESSAGES – Say What’s On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.
DOCUMENTS – Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it’s easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Changes in WhatsApp 220.127.116.11 for Android:
- You can now find and follow Channels to receive updates about topics you care about. Tap the ‘Updates’ tab to get started.
- Notifications for groups now indicate if you were replied to or mentioned
Changes in WhatsApp 18.104.22.168 for Android:
- You can now send higher resolution images in chat. To get started, tap the ‘HD’ button when previewing media before sending.
- Screen sharing is now supported in video calls. Start a video call and tap on the new “screen share” button to get started.
Changes in WhatsApp 22.214.171.124 for Android:
- Added support for Android Auto on Pixel and Samsung devices which allows you to make and receive calls.
- Increased the group participants limit to 1024
- Easily see groups in common-you can now search for a contact and see the groups you have in common with them.
Changes in WhatsApp 126.96.36.199 for Android:
- Increased the group participant limit to 1024
- Easily see groups in common – you can now search for a contact and see the groups you have in common with them.
- Group admins can now control who joins their groups. In Groups, Go to Group Settings > enable ‘Approve new participants’ to get started.
Changes in WhatsApp 188.8.131.52 for Android:
- You can now create a chat with yourself for convenient reminders and note taking. Tap ‘New chat’ and choose ‘Message yourself’ to get started.
- You can now swipe left inside the WhatsApp camera to record video hands free.
- You can now use WhatsApp on your Android Tablet. Tap ‘Linked Devices’ in Settings to link your tablet to your phone.
- Control who can see when you’re online. Go to Settings > Privacy and select “Last seen & Online”.
- You can undo “delete for me” for a few seconds
Changes in WhatsApp 184.108.40.206 for Android:
- You can now create and share a link for your WhatsApp call from the Calls tab
- Now only admins will be notified when you leave a group
- Group admins can now delete others’ messages for everyone. All participants can see who deleted it.
- See link previews for links shared via Status.
- You can now easily react to a Status post using Status Reactions.
Homepage – https://www.whatsapp.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Mac OS X 10.10 and higher
- Android OS 4.1 or above
- iOS 10.0 or later
Size: 156 MB