Skype 18.104.22.168 Stable
Skype lets you make Internet-based VoIP (voice over Internet protocol) phone calls for free to anyone in the world who also uses Skype on their device. Also you will able to make inexpensive calls from your device to landlines and cell phones worldwide.
Skype uses P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you to other users – not to share files this time, but to talk and chat with your friends. The technology is extremely advanced – but super simple to use… You’ll be making free phone calls to your friends in no time!
It’s also an instant messenger as well, because has integrated chat. Skype is the simplest way to save money on your phone bill. It does more than phone calls. The app also lets you video chat and text chat as well, and send SMS messages.
Skype also features the integration with your browser. You can call any phone number you see on a Web site with one click. It will automatically recognize your headset, microphone and speakers, so you don’t need to worry about configuration.
To call another Skype user, enter a user name, and you’re ready to go. You can also save a list of users, so calling them back is simple. To call landlines and cell phones, you’ll need to set up an account and buy credit. Then, whenever you make a call, that credit is used.
Calling other people on Skype is free so you can talk whenever you want to – not just on special occasions. Call to check in with mum when you’re travelling, give your partner a goodnight kiss via video call when they’re away on business, or use it for your regular calls and catch ups. And, if you know people who don’t use Skype you can call them too at really low rates.
Popular and preeminent VoIP service Skype has wooed its fair share of people with an itch to ditch the landline and an Internet connection, especially those with international contacts. Skype features a streamlined interface, Facebok integration, and videoconferencing functionality. A tab along the top of the screen will take you into your news feed, where you can update your status as well as start Skype calls with various contacts.
- Free unlimited worldwide phone calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world
- Skype video (webcam), see who you are talking to with free video calls
- Chat with up to 100 people in group chats
- Superior sound quality – better than your regular phone
- Your calls are encrypted “end-to-end” for superior privacy
- Friends list shows you when your friends are online and ready to talk or chat
- Works with all firewall, NAT and routers – nothing to configure!
- Super-simple and easy to use
- Based on cutting edge peer-to-peer technology developed by the creators of Kazaa and Joltid
Other Important Features:
- SkypeOut. You can call a real phone number from Skype. This is not free like Skype to Skype calls but is cheaper than what the call would normally cost.
- SkypeIn. For people to be able to call your Skype account from a phone, you need a SkypeIn number to give to them. Receiving calls from phones doesn’t cost you anything but will charge the caller the same rate as if they were calling a real phone.
- Video calls. You can make video calls for free. This enables you to see the person you are talking to and for them to see you too.
- Conference calls. You and 24 other people can engage in a conference call. This makes having group discussions with staff that are located in various parts of the world much easier.
- File Sharing. You can easily send files to any of your Skype contacts. There are no size limits for the file, which is a benefit over email restrictions. For security reasons, before the file transfer can begin, the recipient has to approve the transfer, thus the person has to be online for the file transfer to take place.
- Instant messaging. In addition to talking with your contacts, you can type messages to them while you are having a voice conversation or if you cannot talk to them at a particular moment.
- Text messaging. You can to send text messages to any cell phone in the world. The rates vary but are generally cheaper than what a text message usually costs.
- Voicemail. If you want people to be able to leave you voice messages while you are on another call or offline.
What You Need:
- A computer with an Internet connection.
- A headset with a microphone – You will need to purchase a headset with a microphone (most cost less than $15) that will plug into the microphone plug on your computer. You do not need to purchase a headset if you are only using Skype to send instant messages, text messages, or using other features that do not require you to speak.
Skype was founded in 2003 by Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis. It created a little piece of software that makes communicating with people around the world easy and fun. With Skype you can say hello or share a laugh with anyone, anywhere.
Size: 86.9 MB