Beyond those basic functions, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality. The application also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders.
One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
WinSCP is also available as a plugin to two file managers, FAR and Servant Salamander.
- Integration with Windows (drag and drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces.
- Optionally stores session information.
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Oher important features:
- FTPS (FTP over TLS/SSL) support.
- It is possible to change group/owner of a remote file by UID/GID.
- XML logging for more formal and machine-readable representation of operations performed during the session.
- Filter for file panel.
- Translation completed: Farsi.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1q.
- Bug fix: “Hidden files showing toggled” message displays opposite status.
- Bug fix: Cannot authenticate to WebDAV server with username containing some special characters.
- Bug fix: Checkbox to set permissions recursively on Properties dialog is missing, when changing owner and group is not supported.
- Bug fix: .NET assembly type library cannot be used in WSH.
- Translation completed: Polish.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1p.
- Not offering to create a link to parent directory, when it happens to be selected, when starting to create a link.
- Bug fix: Extension options dialog layout broken on systems with multiple monitors with different text scaling.
- Bug fix: Failure when starting parallel FTP background transfers.
- Bug fix: Directory coloring rules on remote panel do not work.
Changes in WinSCP 5.21.0:
- Bug fix: Hang when entering small directories with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: Lag when moving files from remote panel using drag&drop.
- Bug fix: After certain operations, drive that was ever opened in local file panel cannot be safely removed temporarily.
Changes in WinSCP 5.20.4:
- SSH core and SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.77. It brings the following changes:
- Pageant: Option
--openssh-configto allow easy interoperation with Windows’s
- Bug fix: PuTTYgen’s mouse-based entropy collection now handles high-frequency mice without getting confused.
- Bug fix: Pageant can now handle large numbers of concurrent connections without hanging or crashing.
- Bug fix: If Pageant is started multiple times simultaneously, the instances should reliably agree on one of them to be the persistent server.
- Pageant: Option
- Improved error message when FTP server returns malformed response.
- Translations updated: German and Slovak.
- Not listing remote directory when downloading file using FTP protocol with overwrite confirmations off.
- Workaround for calls to system API failing when used first time against some network shares (Samba) with paths over the legacy Windows limit.
- Workaround for an apparent bug in Windows 11 that prevents WinSCP from stopping Windows going to the sleep mode during transfers.
- Workaround for specific encoding of commas in filenames (and particularly directory names) by OneDrive WebDAV interface.
- Bug fix: When transferring a growing file, after its original size is reached, the
Session.FileTransferProgressevent starts being triggered continuously.
- Bug fix: Restored pre-5.20.3 behaviour with MVS systems.
Changes in WinSCP 5.20.3:
- Translations completed: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Ukrainian; and updated: Vietnamese
- Streaming support in .NET assembly and scripting for FTP protocol.
- Improved compatibility with MVS systems.
- New .NET assembly method
Session.TryGetFileInfo. Thanks to @RachamimYaakobov.
- Expanding environment variables in Open Directory/Location Profiles dialogs in local paths.
- Optimized loading of large directories.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1o.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.2.1.
- When group (Site/Shared) to which new location profile is added is changed, switching the page to the target group.
- Preventing occasional exhaustion of resources while testing WinSCP executable version on repeated use of .NET assembly.
- Bug fix: Capabilities of S3 sessions were not shown.
- Bug fix: Misplaced warning about unused scripting parameters when
/rawsettingscommand-line switch is used.
- Bug fix: File panels malfunction when files are dropped from other application to it.
- Bug fix: When logging transfer statistics, recent transfer speed was logged instead of average speed of whole transfer.
- Bug fix: z/OS PDS members without ISPF statistics are omitted in directory listing.
Homepage – https://winscp.net
Using WinSCP, you can connect to an SSH (Secure Shell) server with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) or SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) service, to an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server or HTTP server with WebDAV service.SFTP is a standard part of the SSH-2 package. SCP is a standard part of the SSH-1 package. You can also run both protocols on the latter SSH version. WinSCP supports both SSH-1 and SSH-2. For authentication, you can use user name and password or public key (RSA or DSA). Other authorization types include TIS, Cryptocard, Keyboard-interactive, and Kerberos.For FTP, both the basic unencrypted variant and FTPS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For WebDAV, both the basic unencrypted variant and WebDAVS are supported. Compressed transfers (Zlib) are not supported.
For SFTP, the only requirement beyond the server requirements above is to run SFTP on the server. It is best to run it as an SSH-2 subsystem. If you select SFTP-only on the Login dialog and the SFTP subsystem is not found, WinSCP will try to find the SFTP server in some common directories (
/usr/local/lib/sftp-server, etc.). This way, it is possible to use SFTP even with SSH-1, which does not support subsystems.
Size: 8.75 MB