VIPRE Advanced Security for Home is the all-in-one security solution that protects against identity thieves, spammers, hackers and cybercriminals. Consequently it keeps your PC safe without impacting performance.
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home uses next-generation, advanced machine learning and real-time behavior monitoring. That protect you from ransomware, viruses, Trojans, zero-day attacks, phishing, malicious websites and other threats that easily evade traditional antivirus.
When you choose VIPRE Advanced Security for Home, you’ll secure your data with the highest-rated malware defense. It consistently earns 100% block rates from the world’s most widely-trusted independent antivirus testing authority.
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home is easy to install and even easier to use. As soon as you load VIPRE onto your PC, you’re protected against all kinds of online threats.
In today’s threat environment, you are vulnerable to ransomware, zero-day attacks and other advanced malware unless you have the most sophisticated anti-malware technology working for you. Forget about all the confusing options or worrying about settling for less.
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home protects your family from today’s biggest security risks. It gives you the best protection and broadest feature set at the best value.
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home Features:
- All-in-One PC Security. Detect and remove viruses, spyware, rootkits, bots, Trojans and all other types of malware.
- Top-Rated Protection. VIPRE earns 100% block rates from the world’s most widely-trusted independent antivirus testing authority.
- High-Performance Anti-Malware Engine. Combine advanced antivirus and machine learning technologies to provide complete security that doesn’t slow down your PC.
- Immediate Detection of Emerging Threats. Catch, block and eliminate viruses, spyware, exploits, Trojans and more up to 50% faster with very low impact on system performance.
- Advanced Ransomware Protection. VIPRE uses advanced machine learning, real-time behavior monitoring and threat intelligence to help prevent ransomware.
- Firewall. Protect against incoming and outgoing Internet traffic quickly and easily with customizable settings for advanced users.
- Spam Filter. Block unwanted email from your inbox and safeguards against spam, phishing scams and malicious links.
- Email Security. Protect against malicious links and infected attachments to keep you safe from online threats spread by email.
- Bad Website Blocker. Instant lookup in the cloud means you get the most up-to-date protection against malicious websites.
- Stop Web-Based Threats. Defend against emerging threats targeting your web browser to stay safe and protect your data online.
- Search Guard. Help you browse the web safely by identifying links that could infect your PC with viruses, Trojans or other online threats.
- Social Watch. Scan your Facebook page for bad links that could infect PCs with viruses or Trojans, or expose your friends to other online threats.
- Automatic Software Security Updates. Defend against a common cause of infections – vulnerable software – by automatically updating popular non-Microsoft programs on your PC.
- Easy Install. Ensure a smooth, trouble-free installation process by eliminating possible Internet security software conflicts.
- Removable Device Scanning. Automatically scan USB flash drives and other removable drives for threats when connected to your PC.
- Secure File Eraser. Add an “Erase Files” feature to Windows so you can permanently delete all traces of a file.
- History Cleaner. Remove browsing and search histories, including the history stored by many popular applications.
What’s New in VIPRE Home 12.0.1:
ADDED the following new features:
- AntiMalware Scan Interface (AMSI) integration intercepts, scans, and potentially blocks any command line script interpreters such as Windows Command Prompt (cmd), PowerShell, etc
- To enable AMSI, turn on Advanced Active Protection and select the checkbox next to Malicious Script Protection
- Exploit Detection detects exploitation attempts such as Heap Spraying, DLL Injection, Executable Stack, Process Hollowing, etc
- To enable Exploit Detection, turn on Advanced Active Protection
UPDATED the following functions and features to protect you and your computer better:
- AntiSpam SDK
- VIPRE AntiRootkit
- The ‘Exclude from Scans’ setting now applies to both manual and real-time scanning; it previously only applied to manual scans
- Real-time scanning handles when malicious threats are downloaded, even if Web Filter is turned off
- Malicious websites that start with HTTPS can now be detected by the Web Filter
REMOVED the following outdated features:
- VIPRE Search Guard was a toolbar for Internet Explorer that was removed from VIPRE due to the retirement of Internet Explorer
- Removed option to ‘Scan files while they are opened or copied’ under Advanced Active Protection, along with the option to manage file types
- Removed Cookies Custom Scan option
- Removed Level of Advanced Active Protection (Performance or Most Secure) option
- Removed ThreatNet
Fixed in this Release
- VIPRE was unable to download Patch Management agent if user was using proxy for Internet connection
- Incorrect link in the VIPRE Help file
- Install wasn’t working when installing a patch that was restored from a hidden tab
- Restoring one hidden patch was restoring all hidden patches
- When using IPVanish VPN, VIPRE was generating an entry under ‘Manage Networks’ without an IP address
- ‘Manage Patches’ wasn’t opening when opened via notification after a scan
- VIPRE was still scanning archives even though Archive scanning was disabled
- VIPRE was crashing during uninstall on Windows 10
- Secure Connection Failed when using Edge Protection in Firefox
- Some languages not showing properly during scan
- Errors when downloading VIPRE definitions was causing bandwidth usage problems
- Secure File Eraser doesn’t appear to be enabled despite the feature actually being enabled
- VIPRE crashes while using the browse window to right-click on a file and selecting “Exclude from VIPRE scans” or “Remove from VIPRE exclusion”
Homepage – https://www.vipre.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11 64-bit
- Windows 10 (32 & 64-bit, 21H2 or later)
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 7 Pro/Enterprise Service Pack 1 ESU (Extended Security Updates) with May 2021 update
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3
Size: 5.78 MB