VIPRE Advanced Security for Home is the all-in-one security solution that protects against identity thieves, spammers, hackers and cybercriminals. Consequently it keeps your PC safe without impacting performance.
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home uses next-generation, advanced machine learning and real-time behavior monitoring. That protect you from ransomware, viruses, Trojans, zero-day attacks, phishing, malicious websites and other threats that easily evade traditional antivirus.
When you choose VIPRE Advanced Security for Home, you’ll secure your data with the highest-rated malware defense. It consistently earns 100% block rates from the world’s most widely-trusted independent antivirus testing authority.
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home is easy to install and even easier to use. As soon as you load VIPRE onto your PC, you’re protected against all kinds of online threats.
In today’s threat environment, you are vulnerable to ransomware, zero-day attacks and other advanced malware unless you have the most sophisticated anti-malware technology working for you. Forget about all the confusing options or worrying about settling for less.
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home protects your family from today’s biggest security risks. It gives you the best protection and broadest feature set at the best value.
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home Features:
- All-in-One PC Security. Detect and remove viruses, spyware, rootkits, bots, Trojans and all other types of malware.
- Top-Rated Protection. VIPRE earns 100% block rates from the world’s most widely-trusted independent antivirus testing authority.
- High-Performance Anti-Malware Engine. Combine advanced antivirus and machine learning technologies to provide complete security that doesn’t slow down your PC.
- Immediate Detection of Emerging Threats. Catch, block and eliminate viruses, spyware, exploits, Trojans and more up to 50% faster with very low impact on system performance.
- Advanced Ransomware Protection. VIPRE uses advanced machine learning, real-time behavior monitoring and threat intelligence to help prevent ransomware.
- Firewall. Protect against incoming and outgoing Internet traffic quickly and easily with customizable settings for advanced users.
- Spam Filter. Block unwanted email from your inbox and safeguards against spam, phishing scams and malicious links.
- Email Security. Protect against malicious links and infected attachments to keep you safe from online threats spread by email.
- Bad Website Blocker. Instant lookup in the cloud means you get the most up-to-date protection against malicious websites.
- Stop Web-Based Threats. Defend against emerging threats targeting your web browser to stay safe and protect your data online.
- Search Guard. Help you browse the web safely by identifying links that could infect your PC with viruses, Trojans or other online threats.
- Social Watch. Scan your Facebook page for bad links that could infect PCs with viruses or Trojans, or expose your friends to other online threats.
- Automatic Software Security Updates. Defend against a common cause of infections – vulnerable software – by automatically updating popular non-Microsoft programs on your PC.
- Easy Install. Ensure a smooth, trouble-free installation process by eliminating possible Internet security software conflicts.
- Easy to Use. Quickly select or schedule scans, check for current definition updates, customize how patches are applied and much more.
- Removable Device Scanning. Automatically scan USB flash drives and other removable drives for threats when connected to your PC.
- Secure File Eraser. Add an “Erase Files” feature to Windows so you can permanently delete all traces of a file.
- History Cleaner. Remove browsing and search histories, including the history stored by many popular applications.
What’s New in VIPRE Home 12.0.1 Beta 1:
- Antispam SDK was updated
- VIPRE Anti Rootkit was updated
- Exploit Detection – Detects exploitation attempts such as Heap Spraying, DLL Injection, Executable Stack, Process Hollowing, etc.
- AMSI integration – Intercepts, scans and potentially blocks any command line involving script interpreters such as cmd, PowerShell, etc.
Fixed in this Release
- VIPREHOME-6713: [Patch Management] VipreUI crashing when applying a patch to a supported 3rd party app
- VIPREHOME-7030: VIPRE is unable to download Patch Management agent if user uses proxy for internet connection
- VIPREHOME-8851: Incorrect link in VIPRE Help file
- VIPREHOME-12363: Proxy authentication fails when sending threatnet files when connected via proxy with credentials
- VIPREHOME-12399: Install does not work when installing a patch that was restored from hidden tab
- VIPREHOME-12400: Restoring a hidden patch restores all hidden patches
- VIPREHOME-12432: CLONE – Ivanti files retain after agent upgrade with Oesis Patch Management
- VIPREHOME-12450: Expired VAS can still install patch via MyVIPRE tab
- VIPREHOME-12472: VAS generates IPVanish entries in Manage Networks without IP address (Invalid Entry)
- VIPREHOME-12489: Manage Patches window won’t open when opened via notification after scan
- VIPREHOME-12545: Archive scanning flag is disabled in UI but still scans archives
- VIPREHOME-12751: ThreatNet upload retry needs to back off if failures persist
- VIPREHOME-12837: AppCrash in VipreEdgeProtection during VAS Uninstall on Win10 with HVCI Enabled
- VIPREHOME-12838: ViprePPLSvc failed to start (0x80040154) after VAS Installation on specific machine
- VIPREHOME-12872: UI state not updating after successful def update when switching to SunbeltDev after a failed fresh install
- VIPREHOME-12893: Secure Connection Failed when using Edge Protection with Firefox
- VIPREHOME-12992: Other languages are not showing properly in UI during scan
- VIPREHOME-13079: CLONE – Agent unable to download VIPRE definitions results in bandwidth usage problem
- VIPREHOME-13182: Pseudo threat have 2 entries in quarantine traces
- VIPREHOME-13199: ViprePPLSvc filepath is not updated in Services.msc after software update
- VIPREHOME-13201: Patch Management error -1 when scanning
Changes in VIPRE Home 220.127.116.11:
Finally, we’ve added an exciting new feature called Gaming Mode that prevents VIPRE from running any resource-intensive background activity, such as file scans, patch scans, or update operations. That way, video games. or any other resource-heavy application, you may be using can use as many resources as necessary to provide an optimal experience.
Fixed in this Release
- VIPREHOME-2217 – Manually applying updates doesn’t populate the Definition Updates under Update History
- VIPREHOME-7618 – Logging info screen contains incorrect log location information
- VIPREHOME-7910 – VIPRE User Interface (UI) – Clicking the Support Center link will crash the UI if no default browser is set
- VIPREHOME-9350 – VIPREUI.exe has high CPU usage during a scan
- VIPREHOME-9672 – InstallVIPRE error, failed to launch help when pressing F1
- VIPREHOME-9985 – Service not installed after 18.104.22.168 update
- VIPREHOME-10900 – “Allowed websites” lists are cleaned up when Active Protection + Web filtering is OFF and restored twice
- VIPREHOME-11011 – Custom Manual scan requires scanning inside archived enabled as the default
- VIPREHOME-11064 – Fixed InstallVIPRE End User License Agreement dialog text
- VIPREHOME-11065 – We need to fix the “Print the license agreement” link
- VIPREHOME-11496 – Scan and Definition update are executed at the same time
- VIPREHOME-11730 – VIPRE Setup stuck on ‘performing first scan’ status
- VIPREHOME-11836 – When Automatic Updates is off, VIPRE Advanced Security still checks for definitions after startup
- VIPREHOME-11887 – Restore Antivirus Defaults is not re-enabling Active Protection when some of sub-settings customized
- VIPREHOME-11890 – WebFilter is reporting errors in VIPRE Advanced Security logs
- VIPREHOME-11893 – Microsoft Edge as a default known app in our FW rules
- VIPREHOME-11939 – Using CTRL+V to apply license will cause UI to crash
- VIPREHOME-12121 – Symlink delete vulnerability
- VIPREHOME-12194 – No limit to how many times the installer will ask for a reboot when installation fails
- VIPREHOME-12205 – Windows Security Center in Windows 10 is showing two entries for VIPRE Advanced Security after software update
- VIPREHOME-12212 – Software upgrade has error code 1603 but the upgrade is still successful
- VIPREHOME-12216 – App was crashing when using an expired product key
- VIPREHOME-12229 – Installer gets stuck during install or update
- VIPREHOME-12282 – Firewall rule of Microsoft Edge has different path from current path of msedge.exe
- VIPREHOME-12283 – App crashing with access violation code c0000005
- VIPREHOME-12261 – 10 character limit and period not recognized
- VIPREHOME-12368 – VIPRE crashes when an action is performed on quarantined files with long pathname
- VIPREHOME-12354 – Shutdown dialog is triggered when cancelling an ongoing scheduled scan that shuts down the computer
- VIPREHOME-12346 – VIPRE Antivirus state not detected by Windows Security Center due to force disabling of ViprePPLSvc in Windows registry
- VIPREHOME-12341 – On/Off switch may get stuck in the wrong position or color, showing as Green/On when it’s actually turned off
- VIPREHOME-12045 – Out of date threat links
Changes in VIPRE Home 22.214.171.1244:
- This release includes security and privacy improvements for our Web Filtering (URL Scan) and our Anti-Phishing (Email Protection) features by switching support to TLS 1.2.
Changes in VIPRE Home 126.96.36.199:
- Protection enhancements – This service release includes enhanced support for the newest versions of the Windows 10 operating system. Our cloud-based Advanced Active Protection engine, which uses artificial intelligence along with cloud-based threat intelligence, is improved even more with this release to keep you protected from the latest threats.
- Social Watch – Due to changes imposed by Facebook, we have removed the Social Watch feature as it would not continue to provide the value provided in the past.
- History cleaner – Our VIPRE Privacy Shield product protects your identity by finding personally identifiable information (PII) in your browser’s history, temp files, as well as documents stored on your computer. With the depth of search capabilities to make you aware of stored PII data that VIPRE Privacy Shield can provide to you, we have made the tough decision to remove the history cleaner capabilities from VIPRE Advanced Security. If you install VIPRE Privacy Shield, you can now selectively review and delete stored browser data, as well as put personal documents into an encrypted vault on your machine. VIPRE Privacy Shield is part of the VIPRE Ultimate bundle or can be purchased alone.
- Bug fixes – In addition to these changes, we have fixed various bugs with this release.
Homepage – https://www.vipre.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 5.94 MB