Avira Free Antivirus 2015 ensures your computer protection against dangerous viruses, worms, Trojans and costly dialers. It offers effective protection against computer viruses for the individual and private use on a single PC-workstation. Millions of users trust Avira’s basic protection. Avira Free Antivirus 2015 detects and removes viruses and includes an Internet-Update Wizard for easy updating. The built in resident Virus Guard serves to monitor file movements automatically, for example when downloading files from the Internet. Heuristic scanning protects against previously unknown macro viruses. The program offers a wide selection of scan customization, letting users fully scan both internal and external hard drives, run a preloaded scan – for rootkits, for example – or customize a scan.
Avira Free Antivirus 2015 includes antispyware protections, scanning tech that can crack open “locked” files, improved internal security to prevent AntiVir’s files from being maliciously altered. On a real-world computer, the full scan took about 1 hour and 12 minutes, which is average.
The Avira Protection Cloud is now fully integrated into your free Antivirus software, which strengthens your protection and enables us to deliver detection rates of 99.99%. Be sure to check out this helpful infographic to visualize how it works.
Avira Free Antivirus 2015 gives you the following functions:
• Control Center for monitoring, administering and controlling the entire program
• Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
• Scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of virus and malware
• Integration into the Windows User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights
• Guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
• Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
• Rootkit protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits)(Only for 32-bit systems)
• Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
• Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a webserver on the Internet
• Integrated Scheduler to plan one-off or recurring tasks, such as updates or test runs
• Very high rates of virus and malware detection using innovative search technologies (search engines) and heuristic search processes
• Detection of all common archive types, including detection of nested archives and smart extensions
• High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit).
What’s new in Avira Free Antivirus 220.127.116.119:
* Reduced update download volume for Avira Free Antivirus
* Bugfix: The module AVGNT.EXE occurs occasionally an exception on Tablet PCs with a Windows 7 operating system (“Bad Image Problem”)
* Bugfix: The System Scanner crashes when deleting files from the protected folder
Homepage – http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus
Size: 216 MB