Avira Free AntiVirus 2014 ensures your computer protection against dangerous viruses, worms, Trojans and costly dialers. It offers effective protection against computer viruses for the individual and private use on a single PC-workstation. Millions of users trust Avira’s basic protection. Avira Free Antivirus 2014 detects and removes viruses and includes an Internet-Update Wizard for easy updating. The built in resident Virus Guard serves to monitor file movements automatically, for example when downloading files from the Internet. Heuristic scanning protects against previously unknown macro viruses. The program offers a wide selection of scan customization, letting users fully scan both internal and external hard drives, run a preloaded scan – for rootkits, for example – or customize a scan.
Avira Free AntiVirus 2014 includes antispyware protections, scanning tech that can crack open “locked” files, improved internal security to prevent AntiVir’s files from being maliciously altered. On a real-world computer, the full scan took about 1 hour and 12 minutes, which is average.
Avira Free AntiVirus 2014 gives you the following functions:
• Control Center for monitoring, administering and controlling the entire program
• Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
• Scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of virus and malware
• Integration into the Windows Vista User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights
• Guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
• Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
• Rootkit protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits)(Only for 32-bit systems)
• Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
• Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a webserver on the Internet
• Integrated Scheduler to plan one-off or recurring tasks, such as updates or test runs
• Very high rates of virus and malware detection using innovative search technologies (search engines) and heuristic search processes
• Detection of all common archive types, including detection of nested archives and smart extensions
• High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit).
What’s new in Avira Free AntiVirus 2014 126.96.36.1994 Beta:
Never expire anymore:
- A consumer paid product will no longer remain without updates after the product is no longer licensed. It continues to get updates (product and signature) and Real-time protection while reminding the user that he has to renew the license. All other services remain disabled.
– After installation, start the updater by default in silent mode
– After installation, start the on demand scanner by default in minimized mode
– After installation don’t show the “Welcome” slideup
– If an installation via Webloader is interrupted the user is asked if he intends to resume later. In this case the downloaded files are kept until the user decides to no longer continue the installation.
– If an installation via Setup (full kit or webloader) is interrupted, the user is asked if he wants to resume later.
– If an installation is interrupted because of a reboot required by the Incompatible software removal then the installation is going to be resumed automatically after reboot
– Integrate the Avira URL Cloud in LocalDecider used in Advanced Real-time protection and Quick System Scan. This will block files downloaded from the Internet if the Avira’s URL cloud detects them as suspicious.
– Improvements in stability of WebProtection and Mail Protection
– Improvements in speed of WebProtection
– Fixes in Real-time protection
Homepage – http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus
Size: 123 MB