Windows 8.1 Professional by Microsoft
Windows 8.1 operating system delivers experiences users want, offers new possibilities for mobile productivity, and provides IT with a more secure, easy-to-manage infrastructure. This operating system brings a modern computing experience to businesses. And it helps professionals stay connected to their colleagues and clients from anywhere, anytime.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 features a new Metro-style interface that was designed for touchscreen, mouse, keyboard, and pen input. It also adds support for the ARM processor architecture in addition to the previously supported x86 microprocessors from Intel and AMD.
Windows 8.1 is designed to be the first Windows client to support systems on a chip (SoC) architectures, including ARM, and since it will be pre-installed on a range of next generation devices.
BUY NOW Microsoft products with Discount
Microsoft Windows 8.1 running on ARM will ultimately be available with ARM-based hardware that you can purchase. ARM requires a deeper level of integrated engineering between hardware and software, as each ARM device is unique, and Windows allows this uniqueness to shine through.
The new development tools enable you to start today to build Metro style applications that will seamlessly run on x86 (32 and 64 bit) or ARM architectures. Even if you use native C/C++ code, these tools will enable Metro style apps to target specific hardware if you choose.
New features in Windows 8, including the following:
Touch-First User Interface
- Metro style. New Metro style interface built for touch, which shows information important to you, embodies simplicity and gives you control. The Metro style UI is equally at home with a mouse and keyboard as well.
- Touch-first browsing, not just browsing on a touch device. Providing a fast and fluid touch-browsing experience, Internet Explorer 10 puts sites at the center on new Windows 8 devices.
More Ways to Engage With Powerful, Connected Apps
- Powered by apps. Metro style apps built for Windows 8 are the focal point of your experience, filling your entire screen so there are no distractions.
- Apps can work together. Apps communicate with each other in Windows 8. For example, you can easily select and email photos from different places, such as Facebook, Flickr or on your hard drive.
- Your experience syncs across your devices. Live roams all the content from the cloud services you use most – photos, email, calendar and contacts – keeping them up-to-date on your devices. With SkyDrive. You can access your files, photos and documents from virtually anywhere with any browser or with Metro style apps in Windows 8.
- The best of Windows 7, only better. Windows 8 is built on the rock-solid foundation of Windows 7, delivering improvements in performance, security, privacy and system reliability. Windows 8 reduces the memory footprint needed – even on the lowest-end hardware – leaving more room for your apps.
- Preserving power-user favorites and making them better. For those who push the limits of their PC, Windows 8 features an enhanced Task Manager and Windows Explorer and new, flexible options for multimonitor setups.
New Generation of Hardware
- One Windows – many shapes and sizes. Support for ARM-based chipsets, x86 (as well as x32 and x64) devices. Touch and sensors means Windows 8 works beautifully across a spectrum of devices. From 10-inch tablets and laptops to all-in-ones with 27-inch high-definition screens.
- Always connected. With Windows 8, new ultrathin PCs and tablets turn on instantly, run all day on a single charge and stay connected to the Internet so your PC is ready when you are. Next-generation system on a chip (SoC) support will also enable greatly extended standby and low-power states.
- Tap the full power of your PC. Windows 8 runs on PCs and is compatible with the devices and programs you use today on Windows 7. Without compromise, to deliver the performance you expect of a PC.
Size: 2432 MB