Vivaldi is a freeware advanced Chromium-based web browser developed by Vivaldi Technologies. It is company founded by the former Opera Software cofounder and CEO Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner.
The browser is aimed at staunch technologists, heavy Internet users, and previous Opera web browser users disgruntled by Opera’s transition from the Presto layout engine to the Blink layout engine, which removed many popular features in the process.
Vivaldi’s aim is to revive the old, popular features of Opera 12 as well as introduce new and more innovative ones. It has a minimalistic user interface with basic icons and fonts. Also a color scheme that changes according to the background and design of the visited web page.
Vivaldi browser also allows users to customize the appearance of UI elements such as background color, overall theme, address bar and tab positioning, and start pages.
Features of Vivaldi Browser:
- Customize Everything, including the location of the browser tabs or address bars.
- Adapt the Interface as you browse the web (the Vivaldi web browser’s color scheme adapts to the surroundings of the web you browse).
- Tab Stacks. Organize your tabs using Tab Stacks (just drag a single tab to another for easy multiple grouping).
- Spatial Navigation. Navigate spatially (you will get anywhere on the webpage just with the keyboard).
- Page Tiling. Tile pages when you want to handily compare several pages at once in your web browser.
- Write Notes on the Go. take notes and add screen shots of web pages while browsing right in the Notes.
- Quick Commands. They lets you search through open tabs, bookmarks, history, settings and more with one single keyboard shortcut. Control everything in your browser from one place.
- Always in Sync. You can synchronise the bookmarks, history, passwords and settings across different instances of Vivaldi browser through the encrypted Sync infrastructure.
- Vivaldi includes Qwant search engine that respects your privacy