Vivaldi is a freeware advanced Chromium-based web browser developed by Vivaldi Technologies. It is company founded by the former Opera Software cofounder and CEO Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner.
The browser is aimed at staunch technologists, heavy Internet users, and previous Opera web browser users disgruntled by Opera’s transition from the Presto layout engine to the Blink layout engine, which removed many popular features in the process.
Vivaldi’s aim is to revive the old, popular features of Opera 12 as well as introduce new and more innovative ones. It has a minimalistic user interface with basic icons and fonts. Also a color scheme that changes according to the background and design of the visited web page.
Vivaldi browser also allows users to customize the appearance of UI elements such as background color, overall theme, address bar and tab positioning, and start pages.
Features of Vivaldi Browser:
- Customize Everything, including the location of the browser tabs or address bars.
- Adapt the Interface as you browse the web (the Vivaldi web browser’s color scheme adapts to the surroundings of the web you browse).
- Tab Stacks. Organize your tabs using Tab Stacks (just drag a single tab to another for easy multiple grouping).
- Spatial Navigation. Navigate spatially (you will get anywhere on the webpage just with the keyboard).
- Page Tiling. Tile pages when you want to handily compare several pages at once in your web browser.
- Write Notes on the Go. take notes and add screen shots of web pages while browsing right in the Notes.
- Quick Commands. They lets you search through open tabs, bookmarks, history, settings and more with one single keyboard shortcut. Control everything in your browser from one place.
- Always in Sync. You can synchronise the bookmarks, history, passwords and settings across different instances of Vivaldi browser through the encrypted Sync infrastructure.
- Vivaldi includes Qwant search engine that respects your privacy
- [Regression] Pinned tabs are lost when restarting the browser (VB-55320)
- [Regression] PDF viewer is empty when opened in new or background tab (VB-51691)
- [macOS] Enable signing with notarization
- [macOS] Update Sparkle to version 1.22
- Translation updates
What’s New in Vivaldi 2.8 Build 1644.35:
- [New][Bookmarks] Add keyboard navigation to bookmark menu bar (VB-55365)
- [New][Bookmarks] Manager columns width should be resizable (VB-2238)
- [New][Bookmarks][Menu] Add support for hovering across horizontal menu or the bookmarks bar (VB-14300)
- [New][Keyboard] Toggle images via keyboard: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I / ⌥⌘I (VB-12944)
- [Address bar] Can not remove items from the typed history (VB-57319)
- [Address bar] Colon and a space in a search string would trigger navigation (VB-48208)
- [Address bar] Dot and a space in a search string would trigger navigation (VB-54990)
- [Address bar] Field contents not aligned (VB-55952)
- [Address bar] Pressing Esc doesn’t select the original URL (VB-56040)
- [Address bar] Searching for http(s) was not possible (VB-56567)
- [Address bar] Shift-Del on drop-down not working reliably (VB-54086)
- [Address bar][Bookmarks] Names in multi-byte characters don’t get autocompleted (VB-55925)
- [Bookmarks] Can’t tell folders and bookmarks apart when bar is set to “text only” (VB-50511)
- [Bookmarks] Cannot create a bookmark with Enter key (VB-55841)
- [Bookmarks] Custom folder images set in Speed Dial are not visible in panel and manager (VB-56657)
- [Bookmarks] Editor doesn’t update when data changes externally (VB-56295)
- [Bookmarks] Freeze on creating a bookmark with invalid URL (VB-56459)
- [Bookmarks] The spacing on the bar is too wide (VB-56989)
- [History] Bad header highlight when holding mouse button on Date column (VB-36954)
- [History] The number of selected files are not shown with select “All” option (VB-38739)
- [History] View search field not focused (VB-55981)
- [IME] Pressing Space and Delete evokes autocomplete (VB-57300)
- [Keyboard] Shift + F3 + hold Cycle broken (VB-54334)
- [macOS] ⌥ (Option)-Clicking window does not minimize all windows (VB-51684)
- [macOS][Bookmarks] Reduce spacing in bookmark bar context menu (VB-55983)
- [macOS][Fullscreen] Top part gets hidden by showing menu in Native Window mode (VB-46868)
- [macOS][IME] Pressing Delete after a space selects the whole text (VB-57355)
- [macOS][Quick Commands] Nothing happens when you try to quit (VB-52752)
- [Reader] Often removes the author and date (VB-55220)
- [Spatial Navigation] Use Shift+Arrows with the Chromium/Blink implementation (VB-55775)
- [Speed Dial] New default bookmarks replace user defined folder (VB-56416)
- [Sync][Notes] Duplication: To benefit from the change, all synced clients must include this fix (VB-57285)
- [User Profiles] Chromium logo in the management dialog (VB-54643)
- [User Profiles] Warn when deleting the active profile (VB-54512)
- [Windows] Pin to Taskbar breaks shortcut (VB-52406)
- [Windows][Keyboard] Add support for F10 with the menu bar (VB-57235)
- [Windows][macOS] Vivaldi does not check if it is the default browser on startup (VB-55597)
- [Sounds] Manually muted tab becomes unmuted when it becomes active (VB-56457)
- [Crash] Ticking ‘Block ads on abusive sites’ with private window open crashes (VB-56994)
- [Zoom] Page zoom rate doesn’t always follow your default setting (VB-56833)
- [Zoom] controls inactive after tab reloads (VB-53720)
- Prevent restart loop if UI dies quickly (VB-51539)
- [Welcome page] Sync subpage in Private window stuck at “Getting current status…” (VB-43213)
- Simpler UI for crash recovery (VB-56704)
- Upgraded Chromium to 77.0.3865.78
Homepage – https://vivaldi.com
Vivaldi browser runs on Windows, macOS and Linux.
Size: 54.8 MB