Maxthon 7 is a state-of-the-art, multi-platform, first Bitcoin powered web browser. It regularly outperforms other top browsers and offers users a seamless browsing and sharing experience.
Maxthon is a new browser designed and developed by Maxthon USA Inc, which chooses Chromium as the new kernel. MX6 is a different product line from Maxthon 5. It is not an upgrade of MX5 and will operate independently.
Maxthon Browser is a 20-year-old veteran browser. In early days of the Internet, it continued to innovate to improve the user experience and created a number of popular features, such as.
- Multi-tab – how many people still remember the fear of desktop being filled with web pages
- Gestures – create efficiency and comfort in the jamming of older mice with long tails
- Resource Sniffer – how many engineers are relying on this function to explore the way of website development in the early time
- Bookmarks sync- Bookmarks no longer need to be copied with a U disk
As time goes by, Maxthon browser has been making great progress. In past 20 years, there are five major versions and tens of thousands minor versions, paving the way for maxthon browser from the 1970s to the 2000s span several generations of user groups.
As a browser brand that lasts for 20 years, MX6 not only inherits the features that users like in previous versions, but also your personal data, such as bookmarks, notes and passwords can be directly imported from the historical version into the new browser through Maxthon account to achieve seamless connection.
For the upcoming era of technology explosion, MX6 chose the Chromiun open-source kernel as the foundation. On one hand, relying on Chromiun’s strong technical background and iterative speed, it builds a more secure, faster and stable platform for all Maxthon users. On the other hand, it provides a more powerful compatible platform for the new generation of web applications through Chrome addons library.
Maxthon 6 provides a convenient entrance for users to integrate into new technology, without losing inheritance and compatibility. In the latest version, MX6 will separately develop a blockchain module to provide technical support for the popularity of blockchain applications.
Better performance, faster response
Compared with the MX5 browser, MX6 is much faster. Especially opening multiple tabs, its loading capacity and less RAM usage are more prominent. Let’s look at feedback from test groups.
Smooth data import, good browser inheritance
Maxthon 6 is a different product line from MX5. The data of Maxthon 5 and Maxthon 6 cannot be synced, but MX6 can synchronize your data through the cloud.
In MX6, you can synchronize your data from the local database to the cloud. If your Maxthon account has used and retained data in previous versions of Maxthon, these data will be automatically synced to your MX6 when syncing the data for the first time. After that, if you want to use both browsers, the data will not be synced but will be synchronized separately under their product lines.
Of course, if you want to import MX5 data into MX6 in stages, you can also use the Import/Export user data function. MX6 team may provide a more convenient function to meet users’ needs in different scenarios.
Separate Bookmarks and Maxnote
Maxnote in the Maxthon 5 browser has always been a controversial product. Some users think the Maxnote is easy to use; while some users who are used to the traditional favorites feel a bit uncomfortable.
To balance the two kinds of user experience, MX6 coexists with Bookmarks and Maxnote. If you like Maxnote, please continue to enjoy it. If you like traditional favorites, please use the “Bookmark” function. When you use MX6 for the first time, it will automatically import the URLs marked as favorites in Maxnote into Bookmarks.
User’s affirmation and expectation for Maxthon 6
Maxthon 6 chooses the Chromium open-source kernel as the foundation. Chromium kernel is famous for a series of features such as security, fluency and stability. MX6 inherits these features and fully supports the Chrome addons library.
Changes in Maxthon 184.108.40.2060 Beta:
- Improved UI and theme
- New settings page and quick access page
- Fixed some known bugs
Changes in Maxthon 220.127.116.1100 Beta:
- Fixed the issue that some websites could not log in successfully in some cases
Changes in Maxthon 18.104.22.1680 Beta:
- Supported displaying the progress prompt for importing local data and HTML file
- Supported displaying the bookmark folder’s name when hovering on it
- Adjusted the “Inspect” location to the bottom of the webpage right-click menu
- Optimized Resource Sniffer default showing option
- Fixed the issue that Resource Sniffer could not display the full URL prompt when hovering on it
Changes in Maxthon 22.214.171.1240 Beta:
- Supported importing all Chrome accounts in Settings
- Optimized importing Maxthon 5 Shortcut settings
- Improved sidebar bookmarks and Maxnote display
- Fixed the issue that the browser could not display the login panel in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the browser’s main window could not display correctly after importing data automatically
- Fixed the issue that the URL in QuickNote could not be opened to the right of the current tab
- Fixed the issue that bookmark columns’ width setting could not work in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the selected status of the status bar options displayed incorrectly
Changes in Maxthon 126.96.36.1990 Beta:
- Added the app management built-in page
- Added the options for customizing bookmark menu columns’ width
- Supported importing the Chrome extensions
- Supported importing MX5 account settings
- Supported editing website titles in Passkeeper
- Supported sorting the resources in Resource Sniffer
- Fixed the issue that Passkeeper displayed messy code after editing the password
- Fixed the issue that Resource Sniffer could not display the correct number of files amount in some cases
Changes in Maxthon Browser 188.8.131.520:
- Added “Clear completed” to Download Manager
- Keep the downloading tasks when clearing all records in Download Manager
- Optimized cache path display on the Settings page
- Optimized QuickNote editor layout
- Supported saving the blank password to Passkeeper
- Fixed the issue that the page translation function could not work in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the extension could not hide automatically in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the Maxnote sync button could not click in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the Custom button could not display correctly
- Fixed the issue that the Back button could not work in Maxnote
- Fixed the issue that the bookmark editing flash in the sidebar
- Fixed the issue that some screenshots could not paste to Maxnote
- Fixed the issue that the Feature Management prompt could not display properly
- Fixed the crash issue when right-clicking on the address bar
Homepage – https://www.maxthon.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 93.6 MB