xplorer² is a dual-panel desktop file manager combining the simplicity of windows explorer with the speed and efficiency of traditional dual pane orthodox file managers, helping you be productive with your documents, pictures, music, source code and other files.
Unlike Windows explorer, xplorer² allows you to browse more than one folder at a time, using tabs and dual panes. Sorting out and copying files becomes a breeze.
You can navigate your shell namespace quickly using favorites, clickable paths (breadcrumbs), easy access to root folders, a tree and a bookmark pane (Dropbox) etc. You can even save and restore folder groups whenever your workflow deems necessary.
xplorer² browsing model scales up well to large folders with thousands of files. It reads fast, offers visual filters and a variety of selection mechanisms that allow you to manage your files effectively.
- Full shell namespace browser
- Dual panes and folder tabs
- Preview documents, images, music etc.
- Desktop search using all file attributes
- Folder sizes and disk space visualization
- Synchronize folder contents
- Search for duplicate files to free space
- Advanced copy and delete operations
- Filename color coding
- Execute custom commands (even DOS)
- Fully customizable
- Everyday efficiency and control
- Manage large folders with ease
- Lightweight system resource use
- Native 32/64 bit and Unicode versions
- some bugfixes for multimonitor DPI behavior (e.g. shrinking previewer fonts)
- xplorer² now supports an SFTP extension called WINFSP (https://winfsp.dev/rel/). More on that later
Changes in xplorer² 18.104.22.168 (November 27, 2021):
- Sadly the new mass rename mode that maintains selection turned out to be very slow, so an advanced registry setting called nMaxSlowRename was added to control the behavior. If you are not interested in successive renaming steps, set it to 0, so all renames finish quickly as previously. Otherwise, “slow” rename mode will be used only when few files are to be renamed, the limit being nMaxSlowRename. Only use it if you plan to rename the same set of files in steps.
Changes in xplorer² 22.214.171.124 (June 13, 2021):
- Fixed some tree’s quick access list gremlins. If you get multiple phantom folders in it, just delete them and they shouldn’t come back.
- A little better recovering from network folder tab becoming unavailable. You only need to wait up to the ping timeout before xplorer² comes back to life.
- Editor² allows larger toolbar skins, e.g rename ed2skin_XL.png to ed2skin.png in the installation folder and see how it looks (good for high DPI)
Changes in xplorer² 126.96.36.199 (March 16, 2021):
- If peek preview on some PDF document takes too long, hold down ESCAPE key to abort reading it
- The inevitable small bugfixes
Changes in xplorer² 188.8.131.52 (October 25, 2020):
- editorÂ² build 2971 adds automatically managed frequent document list in FILE menu
- when switching to single pane mode, all tabs from old (closed) pane are saved, so you can restore them when you turn dual pane mode back on.
Changes in xplorer² 184.108.40.206 (May 3, 2020):
- Brazilian and Russian translations back online
Changes in xplorer² 220.127.116.11 (November 19, 2019):
- better handling of mass rename regular expressions, to be used for filename case changing. The down side is that now all search and replace regexp operations are case sensitive
- dark shell context sumbenus and other small dark secrets
- multi-monitor manifest is optional, must be selected during installation, because it causes problems for some users
- when you manually request folder sizes with <CTRL+D> keys, and if a folder item is selected, then size will be calculated just for the selected folders. This doesn’t affect people that have folder size on all the time.
Homepage – https://www.zabkat.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Size: 2.89 MB