FreeFileSync is an Open-Source folder comparison and synchronization tool. It is optimized for highest performance and usability without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces.
FreeFileSync enables you to synchronize files between two folders or drives. You can either mirror two folders to create an exact copy of the source folder. Or perform a two-way synchronization that will copy new or updated files in both directions.
FreeFileSync has Unicode support and Network support. Synchronization database for propagation of deleted files and conflict detection. Also supports the multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration.
Full support for Windows Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points also is available. Furthermore, the program supports an Update mode which will only copy files that are new or have been changed.
FreeFileSync Key Features:
- Detection of moved and renamed files
- Copy locked files using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service. (Windows only)
- Support for multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration
- Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
- Create Batch Jobs for automated synchronization with or without GUI.
- Optimized performance, coded in C++ completely.
- Transactional file copy
- Synchronization database for propagation of deleted files and conflict detection
- Full support for Windows/Linux Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points.
- Full unicode support.
- Native 32 and 64 bit builds
- Full network support.
- Built-in support for very long filenames (more than MAX_PATH = 260 characters).
- Copy NTFS alternate data streams, compressed and encrypted file attributes
- Lean and easily accessible UI: only useful functionality, no feature bloat.
- Support for filesizes larger than 4 GB.
- Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
- Ignore directories “RECYCLER” and “System Volume Information” with default filter.
- Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages for large sync-jobs.
- Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization.
- Automatically handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32 volumes.
- Portable version available (selectable via installer).
- Opt-in for automatic online update.
- Localized versions are available for many languages.
- Create recurring backups with macros %time%, %date% within directory names
- Copy file create/modification times when synchronizing.
- Advanced locking strategy to allow multiple synchronization processes (e.g. multiple writers, same network share).
- Case-sensitive synchronization of file, directory and symlink names
Changes in FreeFileSync 10.16 (2019-09-17):
- Redesigned progress indicator graphs
- Avoid needless HTTP delay prior to Google Drive upload
- Skip redundant CWDs during FTP metadata updates
- Fixed MLSD 501 syntax error on Serv-U FTP server
- Check FTP server status using FEAT/HELP instead of root folder
- Avoid redundant TYPE changes during FTP directory listing
- Access FTP files by full path and avoid CWDs
- Support FTP home paths with non-ASCII chars
- Work around libcurl bug failing to buffer FTP TLS authentication
- Skip redundant FTP SIZE check before downloading file
- Use ISO 8601 week of the year definition for %week% macro
- Show login prompt for disconnected NAS share
- Force icon resolution to 96 DPI in GTK2 build (Linux)
- Detect missing full disk access permission (macOS)
- Fixed accessibility issue with progress graph colors
- Use short naming convention when deleting abandoned folder lock
- Detect endless folder lock recursion on buggy file systems
- Fixed Google Drive parsing error for invalid file time
Homepage – https://www.freefilesync.org
Size: 14.0 MB