FreeFileSync is an Open-Source folder comparison and synchronization tool. It is optimized for highest performance and usability without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces.
FreeFileSync enables you to synchronize files between two folders or drives. You can either mirror two folders to create an exact copy of the source folder. Or perform a two-way synchronization that will copy new or updated files in both directions.
FreeFileSync has Unicode support and Network support. Synchronization database for propagation of deleted files and conflict detection. Also supports the multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration.
Full support for Windows Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points also is available. Furthermore, the program supports an Update mode which will only copy files that are new or have been changed.
FreeFileSync Key Features:
- Detection of moved and renamed files
- Copy locked files using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service. (Windows only)
- Support for multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration
- Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
- Create Batch Jobs for automated synchronization with or without GUI.
- Optimized performance, coded in C++ completely.
- Transactional file copy
- Synchronization database for propagation of deleted files and conflict detection
- Full support for Windows/Linux Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points.
- Full unicode support.
- Native 32 and 64 bit builds
- Full network support.
- Built-in support for very long filenames (more than MAX_PATH = 260 characters).
- Copy NTFS alternate data streams, compressed and encrypted file attributes
- Lean and easily accessible UI: only useful functionality, no feature bloat.
- Support for filesizes larger than 4 GB.
- Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
- Ignore directories “RECYCLER” and “System Volume Information” with default filter.
- Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages for large sync-jobs.
- Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization.
- Automatically handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32 volumes.
- Portable version available (selectable via installer).
- Opt-in for automatic online update.
- Localized versions are available for many languages.
- Create recurring backups with macros %time%, %date% within directory names
- Copy file create/modification times when synchronizing.
- Advanced locking strategy to allow multiple synchronization processes (e.g. multiple writers, same network share).
- Case-sensitive synchronization of file, directory and symlink names
Changes in FreeFileSync 10.19 (2019-12-27):
- Unified rendering of disabled grid layouts
- Count moved file pair as one update in view filter buttons
- Fix command button default sizes (Windows)
- Added %item_name%, %item_name2% context menu macros
- Support deleting references to shared Google Drive files
- Trash Google Drive files only when having single parent
- Fixed high DPI scaling issue on image borders
- Preserve system date format for RTL languages
- Fall back to folder path if resource archives are missing
Changes in FreeFileSync 10.18 (2019-11-20):
- Save/load database files in parallel
- Show item count for each view filter category
- Group config history items via background colors
- Allow grid sort by category and sync action
- Reduced file accesses for faster start up
- Buffer redundant database loads
- Fix ibus initialization hang on Ubuntu 19.10
- Defer showing progress panel for short-lived tasks
- Calculate stable scrollbar dimensions on GTK2
- Log mod time errors even when sync is cancelled
- Show progress and errors when updating sync directions
- Detect MLSD support despite invalid FTP FEAT response
- Improved GUI responsiveness during config load
- Added Vietnamese translation
Changes in FreeFileSync 10.17 (2019-10-17):
- Support PuTTY private key files for SFTP login
- Enable zlib compression for SFTP servers if supported
- Update last sync time despite differences if nothing to do
- Reduce graph total time update interval
- Remember folder history not just for first folder pair
- Allow unprivileged symlink creation in Windows Developer Mode
- Integrate latest libcurl FTP bug fixes
- Detect common invalid SFTP key file formats
- Fixed startup crash caused by corrupted HDD properties
- Allow SFTP access via Ed25519 key in PKIX format
Homepage – https://www.freefilesync.org
Size: 14.5 MB