O&O Defrag Server 25 solves the performance and stability problems of Windows workstations and servers caused by fragmented hard disks.
Fragmented hard disks put the brakes on the servers and as a result have an adverse affect on productivity. The level of fragmentation proportionally increases the time needed for accessing a hard disk. This in turn increases the amount of valuable time lost by each and every employee.
65% OFF (until May 18, 2022) Coupon Code: SUMMERSTARTSALE
The O&O Defrag Server 25 for Windows servers optimizes your hard disk and packs file fragments securely back together again. Thanks to clearly displayed graphics and statistics, you can monitor the success of regular defragmentation.
After every run you get a graph showing the before-and-after stats. You can then base your configuration of the program on these statistics to optimize the success yet more.
This O&O software for Server puts fragmented files together and maximizes your system speed and offers five different defragmentation strategies, as well as OneButtonDefrag technology for automatic adjustment of the settings best fitting for your system.
The program can defragment drives manually, or fully automatic in the background, keeping your system at peak performance by avoiding build-up of file fragmentation. Defragmentation jobs can also be scheduled, using various criteria. Additional features include status reports, cluster inspector, command line interface, optional MMC integration, boot time defragmentation, special support for mobile systems and more.
Fragmentation is the main cause of significant losses in performance in Windows. Due to the fact that the hard disk is the slowest component of a server, its optimization is an especially important issue. By using O&O Defrag Server, files can be read and written much more quickly.
Customize the O&O ActivityMonitor
In the O&O ActivityMonitor, you can define the level of system load at which an automatic optimization should start and the maximum percentage of system performance O&O Defrag is permitted to use. The O&O ActivityMonitor periodically measures the server’s level of capacity. It controls the amount of power O&O Defrag can use and adjusts it to the current status of the system. This allows users to continue working on a server while a defragmentation is running in the background.
Defragmentation methods STEALTH, SPACE and COMPLETE
STEALTH and SPACE are optimized for the fastest possible execution of the defragmentation, whereas the COMPLETE methods achieve a more complete defragmentation. This requires more time and memory. Further fragmentation is prevented by making the best use of available space. All the methods can be applied on any drive, including volume and stripe sets, and all methods offer of course maximum reliability.
O&O Defrag Server 25 Basic functions:
- Performance increases of up to 100%
- Prevents new fragmentation efficiently in advance
- Organizes related file fragments on your hard drive
- Faster system and program starts
- Extends the life of your hardware
- Increases the chances of recovering lost data
- Automatic defragmentation in the background
- Speeds up your backup and restoration processes
- Defragmentation of your server at the push of a button
O&O Defrag Server 25 Advanced Settings:
- Defrag multiple drives simultaneously
- Adapts itself to system load (O&O Activity Guard)
- Vendor-independent optimization of solid state drives (SSDs)
- Classification of drives into zones (Optional)
- Execution of Windows commands (Batches)
- Defragments individual files and directories
- Power Management for Notebooks
- Support for USB sticks and memory cards
Evaluation and analysis functions
- Display of fragmentation levels
- Dynamic block view during defragmentation
- Detailed report management
- History to view success of defragmentation
What’s new in O&O Defrag Server 25.0:
- Analyze your PC drives health with S.M.A.R.T. Functionality
- Deskband to display drive activity in the Windows taskbar
- “Install & That’s All”: Install the program and O&O Defrag does the rest, fully automatic, in the background and with no impact on your system.
- Windows Compact OS Support: O&O Defrag supports the Windows
- Compact OS compression feature, helping free up space
- Quicker Installation: We have made the program installation process even quicker, saving you even more time.
- SOLID/Quick: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, performs a superficial optimization of the SSD, such as erasing the free space. This method is gentler and faster.
- SOLID/Complete: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, is a thorough optimization of the SSD.
- ClusterView with SSDs: In order to represent the degree of fragmentation of an SSD, the ClusterView now maps the logical structure of an SSD so that, accordingly, 6 blocks are combined into one.
- O&O DiskCleaner
- Use over a Smartphone and Tablet
- Time View to see which defragmentation activity results in which successful optimization
- Even faster system and program starts
- Defragmentation time reduced by up to 40%
- Defragmentation of locked files
- Optimization of Solid State Drives (SSDs) of any make
What’s new in O&O Defrag Server 24.0:
- NEW: Install & That’s All: Install the program and O&O Defrag 24 does the rest, fully automatic, in the background and with no impact on your system.
- NEW: Windows Compact OS Support: O&O Defrag 24 supports the Windows Compact OS compression feature, helping free up space in Windows 10.
- NEW: Quicker Installation: We have made the program installation process even quicker, saving you even more time.
What’s New in O&O Defrag Server 23.1:
NEW: SOLID, a brand-new defrgamentation method for SSDs and HDDs
The problem: SSDs store file fragments spread across many blocks, even though much fewer would suffice.
This memory behavior has an immediate effect on the performance and lifespan of an SSD. To counteract wear and at the same time to optimize the performance of SSDs, O&O Software has developed the new defragmentation method SOLID. By using the defragmentation method SOLID, these distributed file parts are defragmented so that in the future significantly fewer memory cells have to be read out and also written to when changing a file. As a result, the SSD is faster as the number of read and write accesses is reduced by the defragmentation. In addition, the premature wear of the SSD (and of course the conventional hard drive) is prevented because fewer blocks need to be erased and rewritten than before the defragmentation with SOLID. To stay with our example above: To read our sample file, it is not necessary to first access and read 32 different blocks, but only a single one.
The most comprehensive system performance application for all your disks
A positive side-effect of developing the defragmentation method SOLID has been found in tests on “classic” hard disks: it is O&O Defrag’s most resource and hardware-friendly defragmentation method ever, with optimal results, and sets the new standard for defragmentation. As we mention above, files are also fragmented on SSDs. Data is often distributed to more memory cells than would be necessary. By defragmenting an SSD using our new method SOLID, it is possible to reduce the number of cells used to store file parts down to significantly fewer. This ability to optimize and protect both disk types is a prerequisite for today’s data centers that handle mass data per second, and where downtime costs a significant amount of money.
Homepage – https://www.oo-software.com
Supported Operating systems:
- Workstations: Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- Servers: Windows 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
Size: 23.9 MB