Auslogics Disk Defrag 11 is a vital maintenance tool that will improve your PC’s performance by defragmenting and re-arranging files on your disk. This software was designed to remedy system sluggishness and crashes caused by disk fragmentation.
Auslogics Disk Defrag is extremely simple to use. It does not require any analysis phase and is faster than most of the other disk defragmentation software. It will help you get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments.
Auslogics Disk Defrag places system files to the faster part of the disk, minimizing the time needed for the hard drive to access them. Merges scattered pieces of free space into a contiguous block, preventing fragmentation of newly created files.
Auslogics Disk Defrag 11 minimizes growth of the VSS storage area and reduces the chance of overwriting previous VSS snapshots. You can set to start defragmentation automatically when computer has been idle for 15 minutes.
This defragmenting tool is designed for fast optimization of today’s modern hard disks. Get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments. Can save your time by defragmenting only necessary files, instead of defragmenting an entire hard drive.
Auslogics Disk Defrag 11 is not just a defragmenter any more, but a fully featured disk optimizer. And with all the advanced techniques of disk optimization it has, Disk Defrag remains extremely compact and even easier to use!
Auslogics Disk Defrag Features:
- Free space consolidation. Disk Defrag merges free space into a large contiguous block. This technology dramatically slows further files fragmentation and speeds up disk access.
- System files smart placement. Commonly used by Windows, system files may be scattered all over the disk and intermixed with data files. Disk Defrag arranges system files by defragmenting and moving them to the faster part of the disk. This minimizes the time needed for HDD to access system files improving overall computer performance.
- Enhanced user interface. A redesigned user interface integrated into the Windows Explorer context menu and minimized to system tray on close. Use its many new customization settings to simplify defragmentation process.
- List of fragmented files. Auslogics Disk Defrag lists all the fragmented files after performing disk analysis. You can find the most fragmented files and their paths by sorting the list. Right-click on any file directly in the list to defragment it.
Normally, NTFS file system reserves about 12.5% of the disk volume for the MFT records (a place where system store information about every file and directory). However, when the rest of the disk space is getting low, the MFT Reserved Zone will be used for storing regular files. This may lead to MFT fragmentation. Auslogics Disk Defrag replaces regular files from the MFT Reserved Zone into the rest of the disk space, and allows NTFS to allocate contiguous space for the MFT records and thus to prevent its fragmentation.
More Advanced Features:
- Auto-defrag mode. With its auto-defragmentation feature, Disk Defrag acts in real time, while your system is idle. It can easily defragment your hard drives in the background and you will not even notice its activity.
- Single file or folder defragmentation. It is sometimes reasonable to defragment either one or several individual files instead of defragmenting an entire drive. Auslogics Disk Defrag can save your time by defragmenting only those files that you’ve selected.
- Scheduled defragmentation. Running Auslogics Disk Defrag on a regular basis ensures your disks stay defragmented. Use a wide range of its scheduler options to set the most suitable time span for disks defragmentation.
- Multiple Languages. Available in English, German, Dutch, Japanese and Russian.
Changes in Disk Defrag 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed several minor bugs
Changes in Disk Defrag 184.108.40.206:
- Full Windows 11 support implemented
- SSD analysis algorithm significantly enhanced
- Interface enhanced for more convenient navigation
- All known bugs fixed
- Overall program stability improved
Changes in Disk Defrag 10.3.0.1:
- Made some interface enhancements
- Fixed minor bugs
Changes in Disk Defrag 10.2.0.1:
- Resolved an issue some users experienced when launching the app
- Made some enhancements to the program’s interface
- Fixed some minor bugs
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 10.2.0.0:
- Fixed all known bugs.
Changes in Disk Defrag 10.1.0.0:
- Defragmentation algorithm improved.
- SSD-safe algorithm added to free version.
- Notification system enhanced.
- Interface enhancements added.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 10.0.0.4:
- Resolved an issue with activating SSD optimization.
- Corrected some localization errors.
- Fixed a few interface issues.
Changes in Disk Defrag 10.0.0.3:
- Option to disable ads is now available in the free program version.
- Fixed bugs.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 20.0 MB