WinContig 220.127.116.11 – Freeware Defragmenter
WinContig is an easy-to-use standalone executable defragmenter. It doesn’t create any installation directories or Registry entries on your computer.
Its purpose is to quick defragment files without the need to defragment the whole disk. In addition, WinContig allows you to group files and folders into profiles for processing them later.
WinContig supports FAT32 and NTFS file systems and it works with Hard Disks and SSDs.
Most defragmentation tools perform a general defragmentation of an entire partition. In a real life scenario, you often want to defragment a single file or a directory, for example to improve the loading speed of a program file, or to reduce the loading time of a certain disk intensive application like a game.
WinContig has been designed specifically to meet the needs of users who focus mainly on files and folders rather than an entire disk.
Its ability to filter files by several criteria combined with its ability to be controlled via command-line switches, make WinContig the perfect tool to defragment particular files that are frequently used and continuously becoming fragmented.
In order to start using it, just extract the contents of the ZIP archive to any folder you like, and run it. Its defragmentation and analysis engine is based on the standard Microsoft defragmentation API.
Two different defragmentation methods:
If you choose the Quick method, WinContig does look for the first amount of free space large enough to defragment a file into and uses it. Use this defragmentation method if you use tools like Windows Defrag to defragment your hard disk on a regular basis.
If you choose the Smart method, program does look for the amount of free space that best fits a file into ad uses it. Also, if there is no free space large enough to fully defragment a file into, WinContig does try to reduce the number of fragments of that file.
This application is freeware for personal and commercial use.
What’s new in WinContig 18.104.22.168:
- Added the Ukrainian language module.
- Some minor graphic improvements.
What’s new in WinContig 22.214.171.124:
- The app may fail to start when launched from a mapped network drive. Fixed. Many thanks to Robert Morris who pointed it out.
- When adding exceptions to the filter by the size of fragments and the number of fragments, excluded files are still processed. Fixed. Many thanks to Aleksey who pointed it out.
- Running WinContig from the context menu of File Explorer may stop on a second attempt on some Windows 10 environments. Fixed. Many thanks to Pons B. who pointed it out.
- Added the /RECURSE command-line switch, which enables you to search for every occurrence of the specified file name within the specified folder and all subfolders.
Homepage – https://wincontig.mdtzone.it
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 1.29 MB