Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall. Also it provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall.
It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily. Without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall.
It is free to use. Registered users will get the advantage of learning mode which provides notifications for outgoing blocked connections.
Windows Firewall Control doesn’t filter any packets and does not block or allow any connection. This is done by Windows Firewall itself based on the existing firewall rules.
Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes. You can switch them with just a mouse click:
Low Filtering. Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to initiate outgoing connections.
Medium Filtering. Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections.
High Filtering. All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
No Filtering. Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
Windows Firewall Control Features:
- Notifications of outbound blocked connections.
- Learning mode that automatically allows digitally signed programs.
- Create temporary rules which are automatically deleted when they expire or on program restart.
- Intuitive user interface which is easy accessible through a system tray icon.
- Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
- Disable the ability of other programs to tamper Windows Firewall rules and state.
- Integrated support of creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules.
- Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
- Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Automatically display invalid rules for programs that do not exist any more.
- Possibility to find and display duplicate firewall rules.
- Merge multiple similar rules or duplicate existing ones.
- View recently allowed and blocked connections and create new rules from the Security log.
- Import and export of partial sets of rules.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- Global hot keys are supported and various shortcut keys are available.
- And many, many more.
Registered Users Features:
- Learning Mode which provides notifications for blocked outgoing connections.
- Search for executable files in a user defined folder and create new rules for the selected ones from the result list.