Print double sided on any printer, print on your own electronic letterhead, and create new documents by combining your print jobs together. Reduce paper, ink and printer costs by at least 30% with this award-winning printer utility.
FinePrint saves you money on paper and toner, weight in your briefcase, and time and hassle in managing your print jobs.The program also features universal print previewer, deleting unwanted pages, converting to grayscale, removing blank pages, removing unwanted text and images, printing multiple pages on a single sheet, archiving print jobs.
There are many ways to reduce paper consumption in an organization. Two of the most common are duplex printing, and multi-up printing. These methods can be effective but are not optimal.
Printing on both sides of the paper (called duplexing) using special duplexing hardware can reduce the amount of paper used and it is fully supported by FinePrint. However, duplexing has some drawbacks:
- It requires special hardware that is not available for all printers.
- The user must specifically ask for duplexing service via the printer driver which an often cumbersome task.
- Duplexing takes more time than printing two single sheets of paper because of the longer paper path and complicated mechanics of duplex devices.
- Printers jams are more common in duplex printers which may require the use of heavier paper stock.
Some printers have printer drivers that can print multiple pages on a sheet. Multi-up printing as it is called, is an excellent way to save paper as it reduces paper and toner use, speeds up the printing process and causes less wear and tear on printers. Surprisingly, these drivers are underutilized because:
- Each printer brand and model has a different method and user interface for the multi-up function.
- Multi-up functions are hidden within the printer driver and are inconvenient to access
- No preview feature is available to determine if the material will be readable in different multi-up formats.
- The user must remember to reset the multi-up setting when single page printing is desired. Forgetting to do so often leads to reprinting, wasting more paper and time.
FinePrint supports duplex printing on all printers but emphasizes the multi-up printing method as the preferred mode. This makes FinePrint an ideal solution for the following reasons:
- Single printer driver provides advanced functions for all printers eliminating the training problem associated with multiple user interfaces presented by different manufacturer drivers.
- Print preview window appears for each print job. This makes it easy to determine the best layout for the particular content being printed.
- Bypass button goes straight to printer with a single click in cases where no additional formatting is desired.
- Server edition eases installation across workstations.
FinePrint other features that increase efficiency beyond multi up printing:
- Jobs can be previewed and printed on electronic versions of company letterhead and forms. This eliminates the need to purchase pre-printed forms and enforces company graphical standards.
- Multiple jobs can be batched together as a single print job which eliminates the problem of having jobs interspersed with those of others.
- Unwanted pages from email and web pages can be deleted before printing
Changes in FinePrint 10.20 – March 10, 2020:
- fixed bugs that caused Type 1 fonts to be imaged incorrectly
- improved hit-testing for the page popup buttons (Insert, Paste, Rotate, Delete), to reduce unwanted actions caused by accidental clicks
- fixed a bug that caused incorrect redraws when zoomed pages are dragged with the Hand cursor
- Note-related dialogs are now positioned onscreen so that they do not obscure the note being edited
- text notes that use Page Tag macros (e.g. ,
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect redraws when a bitmap note’s “Transparent color” dialog was cancelled
when printing from FinePrint to another printer
- the Windows print job name is now set from the overall FinePrint session name instead of from the internal spool file job name
Changes in FinePrint 10.17 – February 25, 2020:
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused the “Grayscale” setting to produce incorrect images
- fixed problems that prevented pdfFactory from working on Windows XP
Changes in FinePrint 10.16 – February 15, 2020:
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused missing characters when imaging content that originally came from a PDF file
Changes in FinePrint 10.15 – January 24, 2020:
- fixed a bug that caused some characters to be displayed incorrectly in some cases, e.g. U+2019 Right Single Quotation Mark
Changes in FinePrint 10.11 – January 2, 2020:
- documents with very large custom paper sizes now display correctly
- fixed a bug that caused the currently selected note to scroll offscreen when the page display was zoomed in
- fixed bugs that caused the Enlarge feature to work incorrectly when note are present
Changes in FinePrint 10.10 – December 5, 2019:
- changing the location of the Autosave folder no longer presents a warning message
- improved the appearance of the Rotate grab handle when a note is selected
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused extra grab handles to be drawn when a note is selected
- improved the appearance of the popup buttons that appear when the mouse is over a corner or edge of a page
- improved the appearance of the “…” button on the Layout tab
- added a pulldown menu in the toolbar to choose or configure the destination printer. To show or hide the menu:
- right-click on the toolbar
- select Customize
- check or uncheck the “Printers” item in the list box
Changes in FinePrint 10.07 – November 15, 2019:
- the “Always save to a unique file name” setting now works correctly with UNC paths
Changes in FinePrint 10.06 – November 4, 2019:
- fixed a redraw bug that sometimes happened when jobs were deleted while the page display was zoomed
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused selected notes to be drawn with incorrect grab handles
- embedded FP notes containing text that originally came from Adobe Acrobat now preserve the original font face name whenever possible
Changes in FinePrint 10.05 – October 30, 2019:
- improved performance when printing documents with a large number of pages
- characters in vertical writing are now drawn in the correct orientation in accordance with the Unicode 12.1.0 standard
- fixed a bug that caused extraneous black rectangles to appear in the page image
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused unusually large output when scrolling through the page display
- fixed redraw problems involving rotated text notes
- fixed a crash that sometimes happened when snapshotted content is detached or moved
Changes in FinePrint 10.03 – September 24, 2019:
- fixed failures that sometimes happened when printing from FinePrint to pdfFactory
- improved performance and file size when sections of large bitmaps are copied and pasted
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused rotated text to be imaged incorrectly
Changes in FinePrint 10.02 – August 8, 2019:
- fixed a bug that prevented Snapshot notes from being copied and pasted as bitmaps
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused lines and shapes to be drawn at slightly incorrect locations
What’s New in FinePrint 10:
- New toolbar which can be resized for use with larger monitors.
- Program font and size can be selected to enhance readability.
- New tooltip appearance for greater clarity.
- New user interface dialog box centralizes previously hidden options.
- Lighten control also allows darken.
- Improved overall performance.
- Windows 2019 Server support.
Homepage – https://fineprint.com
Workstation Edition works on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Server Edition works on Citrix, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016.