Print double sided on any printer, print on your own electronic letterhead, and create new documents by combining your print jobs together. Reduce paper, ink and printer costs by at least 30% with this award-winning printer utility.
FinePrint saves you money on paper and toner, weight in your briefcase, and time and hassle in managing your print jobs.The program also features universal print previewer, deleting unwanted pages, converting to grayscale, removing blank pages, removing unwanted text and images, printing multiple pages on a single sheet, archiving print jobs.
There are many ways to reduce paper consumption in an organization. Two of the most common are duplex printing, and multi-up printing. These methods can be effective but are not optimal.
Printing on both sides of the paper (called duplexing) using special duplexing hardware can reduce the amount of paper used and it is fully supported by FinePrint. However, duplexing has some drawbacks:
- It requires special hardware that is not available for all printers.
- The user must specifically ask for duplexing service via the printer driver which an often cumbersome task.
- Duplexing takes more time than printing two single sheets of paper because of the longer paper path and complicated mechanics of duplex devices.
- Printers jams are more common in duplex printers which may require the use of heavier paper stock.
Some printers have printer drivers that can print multiple pages on a sheet. Multi-up printing as it is called, is an excellent way to save paper as it reduces paper and toner use, speeds up the printing process and causes less wear and tear on printers. Surprisingly, these drivers are underutilized because:
- Each printer brand and model has a different method and user interface for the multi-up function.
- Multi-up functions are hidden within the printer driver and are inconvenient to access
- No preview feature is available to determine if the material will be readable in different multi-up formats.
- The user must remember to reset the multi-up setting when single page printing is desired. Forgetting to do so often leads to reprinting, wasting more paper and time.
FinePrint supports duplex printing on all printers but emphasizes the multi-up printing method as the preferred mode. This makes FinePrint an ideal solution for the following reasons:
- Single printer driver provides advanced functions for all printers eliminating the training problem associated with multiple user interfaces presented by different manufacturer drivers.
- Print preview window appears for each print job. This makes it easy to determine the best layout for the particular content being printed.
- Bypass button goes straight to printer with a single click in cases where no additional formatting is desired.
- Server edition eases installation across workstations.
FinePrint other features that increase efficiency beyond multi up printing:
- Jobs can be previewed and printed on electronic versions of company letterhead and forms. This eliminates the need to purchase pre-printed forms and enforces company graphical standards.
- Multiple jobs can be batched together as a single print job which eliminates the problem of having jobs interspersed with those of others.
- Unwanted pages from email and web pages can be deleted before printing
What’s New in FinePrint 11.05:
- fixed a bug that caused missing text or blank pages when opening some PDF files
- fixed bugs that caused incorrect bitmap output when printing PDF files to other printers
- fixed a crash that sometimes happened when opening PDF files that contain CMYK bitmaps
- fixed a bug that caused failures when opening PDF files that use the Pattern color space
- fixed a bug that caused the Crop All command to hang or crash
What’s New in FinePrint 11.04:
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect results when printing embedded symbol fonts to other printers
- fixed a bug that caused unnecessary onscreen redrawing when printing to other printers
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused text output to be incorrectly bold or italic
- fixed a crash that sometimes happened when moving snapshotted content from one page to another
- fixed a bug that caused incorrect results with large paper sizes at high resolution
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Enlarge feature to produce incorrect results when opening PDF files that contain annotations
What’s New in FinePrint 11.03:
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused failures or incorrect output when printing to physical printers
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused inverted black/white colors when opening PDF files that use CCITT compression
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect results when opening PDF files that use symbol fonts, e.g. musical notes
- the Enlarge feature in the Layout tab now works correctly when opening PDF files
What’s New in FinePrint 11.02:
- minor edits to the Windows icons
- fixed a bug that caused redundant entries to appear in the Windows Explorer “Open With” list for FP files when multiple versions of FinePrint or pdfFactory are installed
- fixed a bug that caused GetFontData errors when opening PDF files that contain Japanese text
- fixed a bug that caused text in PDF files to be incorrectly spaced
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused a hang when cutting, copying, or deleting content in complex sessions
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused text in Type 1 fonts to be missing or incorrect when opening PDF files
- fixed bugs that sometimes caused missing or incorrect results when opening PDF files that use transparent images
- fixed a bug that caused failures when opening PDF files that use the /Separation /ICCBased /DeviceRGB color space
- when opening PDF files, the job name in the main window Jobs list is now set from the PDF file name instead of from the Document Properties title
What’s New in FinePrint 11.01:
- new Windows icons for PDF files handled by FinePrint/pdfFactory
- fixed a bug that sometimes caused the installer to not recognize previously installed versions
What’s New in FinePrint 11:
- Opens PDF files directly without printing
- Enhanced colors throughout the product
- Faster performance
- Desktop icon for easy opening of PDF and FP files
- Letterheads can be assigned to paper trays
- Ability to use as the default PDF viewer
What’s New in FinePrint 10:
- New toolbar which can be resized for use with larger monitors.
- Program font and size can be selected to enhance readability.
- New tooltip appearance for greater clarity.
- New user interface dialog box centralizes previously hidden options.
- Lighten control also allows darken.
- Improved overall performance.
- Windows 2019 Server support.
Homepage – https://fineprint.com
Workstation Edition works on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Server Edition works on Citrix, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019.