doPDF is a free lightweight PDF creator that lets you create PDF files fast and easy. Once installed it will allow you to convert any type of printable documents to PDF files.
doPDF installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list and also in the list of All Programs.
With one click you can convert your Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint documents or your emails and favorite web sites to PDF files. Open a document (with Microsoft Word, WordPad, NotePad or any other software), choose Print and select doPDF.
Using doPDF you can convert to PDF in two ways:
1. Print to PDF via the virtual printer driver doPDF. You would do this exactly as you print to a regular printer, just the result will be a PDF file, not a printed piece of paper.
2. Using the doPDF Startup window. The app has an executable file (accessible from the start program group) that you can run in order to start a conversion wizard.
doPDF Feature Highlights:
- Select and convert. Creating PDF files is as simple as selecting the file you want to convert and clicking a button that will start the actual conversion (you can also print to pdf via the virtual doPDF printer).
- 400+ document types supported. The principle is this, if a document type is printable, then doPDF can create a PDF file out of it. This is why you can convert documents such as: DOC, DOCX, DJVU, XLS, XLSX, XPS, PPT, PPTX, DOT, EML, VSD, PUB, PUBX, MPP, WPD, OpenOffice, DWG, HTML, TXT, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF and many others.
- No GhostScript or .NET. Doesn’t require 3rd party programs to make PDF files such as GhostScript or runtime environments like the .NET Framework. This makes the setup file to be incredibly small compared to other free PDF printer programs.
- Consistent PDF look. To ensure that the resulting PDF file will look exactly as originally intended, doPDF embeds by default the font subsets used in the original document.
- Industry-standard PDF files. This app creates standard PDF files, meaning you will be able to open them with any free PDF reader (i.e. Adobe Reader, Foxit PDF Reader, Sumatra PDF Reader, Nuance PDF Reader). Not only that but the content of the PDF file is searchable, meaning you can search for text within created PDF (search engines will also index the text from the PDF).
Changes in doPDF 10.9.133 (7-December-2020):
- Updated: Several language corrections
- Fixed: Several fixes for the conversion process
Changes in doPDF 10.9.132 (21-October-2020):
- Added: Do not ask again option in Getting Started for continuing printing
- Fixed: Error creating the PDF file, the specified module cannot be found
Changes in doPDF 10.9.130 (6-October-2020):
- Updated: Optimized behavior when doing batch printing from multiple users
- Fixed: Double hyphen error in the path set for save folder
- Fixed: Partially visible buttons in Greek
Changes in doPDF 10.9.128 (15-September-2020):
- Added: Greek language
- Added: Slovak language
- Fixed: Save dialog error with long PDF file paths
Changes in doPDF 10.8.127 (05-August-2020):
- Added: Malay language
- Updated: Set Active profile option
- Fixed: Errors for the conversion service
Changes in novaPDF 10.8.125 (09-June-2020):
- Updated: Language updates
- Fixed: Save dialog correction for doPDF
Changes in novaPDF 10.7.124 (08-April-2020):
- New: Option to choose if you want to install the addins for Office
- New: Added Finnish language
- New: Added Portuguese language
- New: Added Nepali language
- Update: Updated Polish language
- Fix: Corrected some black boxes in images
- Fix: Corrected fonts embedding
- Fix: Corrected Windows version on About
- Fix: Help button crash
Changes in doPDF10.6.123 (18-February-2020)
- Fix: Multiple corrections for the Getting Started window
- Fix: Spooler crash for simultaneous printed documents
- Fix: Installation corrections
Changes in doPDF 10.6.122 (22-January-2020)
- Fix: Printing Preferences dialog correction
- Fix: Manage Forms dialog correction
Changes in doPDF 10.6.121 (12-December-2019):
- New: Added Polish language for the user interface
- Update: Italian translation updated
- Update: Romanian translation updated
- Update: Improved system language detection
- Fix: PowerPoint gradient conversion error
Changes in doPDF 10.5.120 (14-November-2019)
- New: Interface is now translated into Italian
- New: Option to print document markup via the add-in for Office
- Update: Multiple translations updated
Changes in doPDF 10.4.119 (2019-10-24)
- Update: Translation improvements
- Fix: Minor conversion fixes
Changes in doPDF 10.4.118 (2019-10-17)
- New: Added Burmese language
- New: Added Polish language
- New: Added Romanian language
- Update: “Use regional settings” option now uses the Windows display language
- Update: Existing PDF files are parsed to detect Unicode strings before merging
- Fix: Vertical position of Word bookmarks was wrongfully displayed at the top of the page
- Fix: Error creating PDF file (The specific module could not be found)
Changes in doPDF 10.3.116 (2019-09-26):
- Fix: Check for updates was running even if option was disabled
Changes in doPDF 10.3.115 (2019-09-05):
- New: Added hyperlink detection support for “tel:” phone number links
- Fix: Printing Preferences stopped when broadcasting active profile change
- Fix: Corrected the PDF/A format when non-latin characters are used
Homepage – https://www.dopdf.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 216, 2019 (32-bit, 64-bit).