doPDF is a free lightweight PDF creator that lets you create PDF files fast and easy. Once installed it will allow you to convert any type of printable documents to PDF files.
doPDF installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list and also in the list of All Programs.
With one click you can convert your Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint documents or your emails and favorite web sites to PDF files. Open a document (with Microsoft Word, WordPad, NotePad or any other software), choose Print and select doPDF.
Using doPDF you can convert to PDF in two ways:
1. Print to PDF via the virtual printer driver doPDF. You would do this exactly as you print to a regular printer, just the result will be a PDF file, not a printed piece of paper.
2. Using the doPDF Startup window. The app has an executable file (accessible from the start program group) that you can run in order to start a conversion wizard.
doPDF Feature Highlights:
- Select and convert. Creating PDF files is as simple as selecting the file you want to convert and clicking a button that will start the actual conversion (you can also print to pdf via the virtual doPDF printer).
- 400+ document types supported. The principle is this, if a document type is printable, then doPDF can create a PDF file out of it. This is why you can convert documents such as: DOC, DOCX, DJVU, XLS, XLSX, XPS, PPT, PPTX, DOT, EML, VSD, PUB, PUBX, MPP, WPD, OpenOffice, DWG, HTML, TXT, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF and many others.
- No GhostScript or .NET. Doesn’t require 3rd party programs to make PDF files such as GhostScript or runtime environments like the .NET Framework. This makes the setup file to be incredibly small compared to other free PDF printer programs.
- Consistent PDF look. To ensure that the resulting PDF file will look exactly as originally intended, doPDF embeds by default the font subsets used in the original document.
- Industry-standard PDF files. This app creates standard PDF files, meaning you will be able to open them with any free PDF reader (i.e. Adobe Reader, Foxit PDF Reader, Sumatra PDF Reader, Nuance PDF Reader). Not only that but the content of the PDF file is searchable, meaning you can search for text within created PDF (search engines will also index the text from the PDF).
Changes in doPDF 11.2.187 (10-September-2021):
- Updated: UI and language update
- Fixed: Error when printing to a paused printer
- Fixed: Error message when trying to overwrite an open PDF
Changes in doPDF 11.1.181 (30-July-2021):
- Updated: Several languages
- Fixed: All users registry entry for update frequency option
- Fixed: UI changes
Changes in doPDF 11.0.170 (23-June-2021):
- Added: Progress window when printing via the Outlook addin
- Updated: Danish language
- Updated: Portuguese language
- Updated: Spanish language
- Updated: Finnish language
- Updated: Activation process
- Fixed: Window position was losing focus relative to taskbar position
- Fixed: Corrections for some macros
Changes in doPDF 11.0.134 (27-April-2021):
- Fixed: Crash in Getting Started window
- Fixed: Link corrections
Changes in doPDF 11.0.126 (13-April-2021):
- Fixed: Issue when creating PDFs via the add-in for Microsoft Outlook
Changes in doPDF 11.0.125 (07-April-2021):
- Added: PDF add-in for Microsoft Outlook
- Added: Quick Access Tray application
- Added: Detect and convert telephone links
Changes in doPDF 10.9.133 (7-December-2020):
- Updated: Several language corrections
- Fixed: Several fixes for the conversion process
Changes in doPDF 10.9.132 (21-October-2020):
- Added: Do not ask again option in Getting Started for continuing printing
- Fixed: Error creating the PDF file, the specified module cannot be found
Changes in doPDF 10.9.130 (6-October-2020):
- Updated: Optimized behavior when doing batch printing from multiple users
- Fixed: Double hyphen error in the path set for save folder
- Fixed: Partially visible buttons in Greek
Changes in doPDF 10.9.128 (15-September-2020):
- Added: Greek language
- Added: Slovak language
- Fixed: Save dialog error with long PDF file paths
Changes in doPDF 10.8.127 (05-August-2020):
- Added: Malay language
- Updated: Set Active profile option
- Fixed: Errors for the conversion service
Changes in novaPDF 10.8.125 (09-June-2020):
- Updated: Language updates
- Fixed: Save dialog correction for doPDF
Changes in novaPDF 10.7.124 (08-April-2020):
- New: Option to choose if you want to install the addins for Office
- New: Added Finnish language
- New: Added Portuguese language
- New: Added Nepali language
- Update: Updated Polish language
- Fix: Corrected some black boxes in images
- Fix: Corrected fonts embedding
- Fix: Corrected Windows version on About
- Fix: Help button crash
Homepage – https://www.dopdf.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 216, 2019 (32-bit, 64-bit).