PotPlayer is a comprehensive freeware video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. Done by the same Korean author as The KMPlayer.
It works w/madVR/HR/EVR and Reclock of course… it’s a much improved/faster version of KMPlayer, including ffdshow and some other stuff to connect to a Korean-only video/chat network.
Plenty of features and rich customization. It gives its users great control over its functions. That allows modification of the video speed, adjusting the audio volume, decrease or increase contrast and brightness.
Also, several skins are available so that users can match the appearance of their video player to the theme of their OS. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.
PotPlayer supports seamless playback (up to 1000 – AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MPG files at once, mixed containers are allowed), auto-resume on the last 200 opened files. Also it has fully configurable XML skin files and also a D3D exclusive mode. Other key features include WebCam/ Analog/ Digital TV devices support, gapless video Playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
PotPlayer supports almost every available video formats out there (such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, M2V, MTS, DPG, WebM, AMV or DivX) formats. Also supports a wide range of audio formats (including, but not limited to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A, AAC, RA, FLAC and MOD), and recognizes several playlist formats (like M3U, ASX, PLS, WVX or CUE).
Supports Various Subtitle Formats: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), DVD (Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
More Advanced Features of Daum PotPlayer:
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards.
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices such as DVD, TV, HDTV.
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 200908 (1.7.21289.0):
- Fixed a problem that shortcut keys did not work in certain situations when opening a file
- Fixed a problem that was a little slow to create a thumbnail
- Enhanced 3D/360 format compatibility in mp4 files
- Fixed an issue where Blu-ray folder playback did not start immediately
- Fixed an error when playing certain files
- Edited to support /seek, /sub commands for video shortcuts
- Fixed a flickering problem in certain subtitles
- Fixed a problem where deletion was strange in bookmark editing
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 200730 (1.7.21276.0):
- Added the ability to make shortcuts of main menu work in playlist, bookmark editing, subtitle browser, etc.
- Added the ability to reflect the time displayed on skin according to playback speed
- Added filter function into bookmark editing
- Added the ability to rename font only in ASS/SSA subtitle style processing
- Fixed an issue that could not play due to an error in a specific system
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were duplicated in certain subtitles
- Fixed an issue that did not play certain Dash/HTTP live streaming
- Fixed a slow problem in playing with 10-bit AV1 codec
- Fixed an issue that screen did not appear when playing certain MP4 files
- Fixed an issue where certain SSA/ASS subtitles appeared strangely
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 200616 (1.7.21231.0):
- Added the ability to open a bookmark list and previous playlist in an album
- Added the ability to remember the “Frame Size of Main Menu” values
- Added the ability to delay when repeating in section repeat
- Fixed an issue that cannot play certain files using SuperEQ
- Fixed an issue where viewer information could not be updated when broadcasting
- Fixed an issue where MP4 files were played as damaged files in certain situations
- Improved accessibility compatibility
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 200512 (1.7.21212.0):
- Added Vulkan capture into game capture
- Added the ability to switch the playback time <-> remaining time
- Added an option to open subtitles into command line function
- Added the ability to set the number of repetitions of section repeat
- Fixed a problem that UWP window was not captured when capturing the window selection (Requires Windows 10 1803 or newer)
- Fixed an issue that DirectDraw and Direct3D8 did not work in game capture
- Improved performance of Screen Capture
- Improved accessibility compatibility
- Improved FTP server connection with special characters
- Fixed an issue that remembered full screen capture when capturing screen
- Fixed an issue that searched for spaces and conditions when searching in Playlist/File Navigator
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 200317 (1.7.21146):
- Added the ability to copy the path of the selected items to the playlist
- Added the ability to move items to playlist
- Added the ability to open the preferred language only in subtitle download
- Fixed a problem where installation started slowly or freezed on certain PCs
- Fixed an issue that certain WEBDAV servers cannot be connected
- Fixed an issue that cannot list files on certain FTP servers
- Fixed an issue that caused errors when opening certain PNG files
- Fixed a problem where navigation bar thumbnails were incorrect in certain MKVs
- Fixed a problem that certain Blu-ray subtitles did not come out
- Improved lyrics comprehension built into MP3
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.7.21124.0 (2020-02-04):
- Added search feature into preferences
- Added the ability not to load embedded subtitles
- Fixed an eror when accessing a specific webdav server
- Fixed an issue where external bookmarks were deleted when you closed playback
- Improved slideshow output
- Fixed a problem that certain PCs started playing slowly- Fixed a problem where fonts were displayed differently on certain PCs
- Fixed an issue that caused pink to appear when using the exclusive overlay mixer
- Fixed a problem that can’t play files on certain FTP servers
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.7.21091.0 (2019-12-11):
- Changed the PotPlayer version to date
- Added H/W HDR output function to Built-in D3D11 Renderer
- Fixed an issue that stopped when exclusive screen output was used with the Built-in D3D11 Renderer
- Added Kurdish translation
- Added the ability to dim the output (dark mode) when using system menu
- Added the ability to use MPC Video Renderer
- Added Yandex subtitle translation- Fixed a problem that played fast when playing certain ASF/WMV files
- Fixed an issue where the last item was not cleared when saving the playback skip to an external file
- Fixed an issue where the title was not changed when processing ASX playlist
- Fixed DPI-Aware v2 action
- Fixed an issue where the monitor name didn’t appear in full screen settings
- Fixed an issue that malfunctioned when cue file was specified in multiple media
- Improved 10-bit output processing
- Fixed an issue where no subtitles appeared when playing certain dvd ifo files
- Fixed an issue that navigated certain MKV files slowly
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.7.20977.0 (2019-10-31):
- Added the ability to hide subtitles unless it’s your preferred language
- Added the ability to display chapters in playback information
- Fixed an error in certain situations
- Fixed an issue that took a long time to read text files
- Fixed an issue that cannot delete related files when playing seamlessly
- Fixed an issue where opening address was not parsed
- Fixed an issue where strange colors appeared in certain MOV files
- Fixed an issue where Bluesky Frame Rate Converter did not work
- Fixed an error when certain TS playbacks were finished
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.7.20538.0 (2019-09-19):
- Changed default HEVC decoder to Built-in FFmpeg HEVC H/W Decoder
- Added support for YTT subtitles
- Added support for external chapters files (.chapters.xml)
- Fixed a problem that occurs when playing certain TS files
- Fixed a problem that can’t play certain FLAC files
- Fixed a problem that 2nd subtitles were appeared with certain YouTube videos
- Fixed an issue where the title in the Open URL box was not reflected into playlist when attempt to open the related URL
- Fixed a problem where settings are lost when switching between storing modes (INI <-> Registry)
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.7.19955.0 (2019-07-31):
- Added VP4 codec
- Added Arabic translation
- Added the ability to set the background color of the video area
- Fixed an issue where embedded subtitles in certain streams were disappeared quickly
- Fixed an issue that went beyond the next content in tvingTV playback in certain situations
Homepage – http://potplayer.daum.net
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 27.2 MB