PotPlayer is a comprehensive freeware video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. Done by the same Korean author as The KMPlayer.
It works w/madVR/HR/EVR and Reclock of course… it’s a much improved/faster version of KMPlayer, including ffdshow and some other stuff to connect to a Korean-only video/chat network.
Plenty of features and rich customization. It gives its users great control over its functions, allowing modification of the video speed, adjusting the audio volume, decrease or increase contrast and brightness.
Also, several skins are available so that users can match the appearance of their video player to the theme of their OS. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.
PotPlayer supports seamless playback (up to 1000 -one thousand – AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MPG files at once, mixed containers are allowed), auto-resume on the last 200 opened files, has fully configurable XML skin files and also a D3D exclusive mode. Other key features include WebCam/ Analog/ Digital TV devices support, gapless video Playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
PotPlayer supports almost every available video formats out there (such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, M2V, MTS, DPG, WebM, AMV or DivX) formats. Also supports a wide range of audio formats (including, but not limited to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A, AAC, RA, FLAC and MOD), and recognizes several playlist formats (like M3U, ASX, PLS, WVX or CUE).
Supports Various Subtitle Formats: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), DVD (Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
More Advanced Features:
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards.
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices such as DVD, TV, HDTV.
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.6.62377 (2016-07-12):
- Fixed a security problem (remediation of playing damaged AVI/MP4 file vulnerability)
- Added screensaver feature
- Added the ability to output xxxx_Tooltip tooltips in language files
- Added the ability to use the pop-up menu defined in skin
- Added the ability to output translucent pop-up menu defined in skin
- Added VapourSynth filter function
- Added 360 degree VR playback feature
- Added the ability to combine selected files as a single file to play in playlist
- Added H/W deinterlacing function for built-in Direct3D 9 Video Renderer
- Added color control function for built-in Direct3D 9 Video Renderer
- Fixed an issue that can’t decode certain H.264
- Fixed an issue that didn’t support DPI in Windows 7
- Fixed navigation error in certain PCs
- Fixed memory leak problem when playing a lot of files
- Fixed an issue that can’t save the broadcast
- Fixed sync playback issue of HLS
- Improved performance of built-in Direct3D 9 Video Renderer in Windows 7 or newer
- Improved 3D videos output mode
- Improved VMR7 Renderless mode
Homepage – http://potplayer.daum.net
Size: 19.4 MB