PotPlayer is a comprehensive freeware video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. Done by the same Korean author as The KMPlayer.
It works w/madVR/HR/EVR and Reclock of course… it’s a much improved/faster version of KMPlayer, including ffdshow and some other stuff to connect to a Korean-only video/chat network.
Plenty of features and rich customization. It gives its users great control over its functions. That allows modification of the video speed, adjusting the audio volume, decrease or increase contrast and brightness.
Also, several skins are available so that users can match the appearance of their video player to the theme of their OS. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.
PotPlayer supports seamless playback (up to 1000 – AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MPG files at once, mixed containers are allowed), auto-resume on the last 200 opened files. Also it has fully configurable XML skin files and also a D3D exclusive mode. Other key features include WebCam/ Analog/ Digital TV devices support, gapless video Playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
PotPlayer supports almost every available video formats out there (such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, M2V, MTS, DPG, WebM, AMV or DivX) formats. Also supports a wide range of audio formats (including, but not limited to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A, AAC, RA, FLAC and MOD), and recognizes several playlist formats (like M3U, ASX, PLS, WVX or CUE).
Supports Various Subtitle Formats: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), DVD (Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
More Advanced Features of Daum PotPlayer:
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards.
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices such as DVD, TV, HDTV.
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 210729 (1.7.21523):
- Remove sponsor-related features
- Added the ability to set the format when copying the current playback time
- Fixed a problem that causes screen to broken when playing certain H264 TS
- Fixed an issue where voice with too high sampling rate could not be played
- Improved time overlap when using time minimum number of subtitles
- Fixed an issue where video stopped when playing certain MP4s
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 210428 (1.7.21482):
- Added the ability to sort into hotkey settings
- Fixed an error problem when playing certain HEVC DXVA
- Fixed an error problem when playing certain MP4 files
- Fixed an issue where chapters disappeared by changing the image quality when playing YouTube with chapters
- Fixed an issue where WEBDAV playlist was not sorted by date
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 210318 (1.7.21465):
- Added the ability to invert the left/right image horizontally during 3D output
- Fixed a problem that no sound was produced when playing certain AAC codec
- Fixed a problem where certain ASS/SSA subtitles were displayed abnormally
- Fixed a problem that added [Ext] to the track name when playing external audio
- Fixed a problem that certain playlists were added duplicated
- Fixed an issue where google subtitle word search was not detected
- Fixed to support 10-bit video for AV1 DXVA
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 210127 (1.7.21419):
- Removed playback support of Shockwave Flash (SWF) files
- Removed broadcast start notification function of a favorite channel
- Added Dutch translation
- Added the ability to use sound spectrum defined in skin as a WMP visualization
- Added AV1 codec support into DXVA mode
- Fixed an issue where playback of certain MKV files was not smooth
- Fixed a problem that caused timeshift function to work abnormally
- Fixed a problem that no sound when the system audio sampling rate setting was greater than 192kHz
- Fixed an issue that video quality could not be changed when watching a password protected broadcast
- Fixed an error problem when editing a bookmark in certain situations
- Fixed a problem where integrated SMI subtitles could not be selected
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 201209 (1.7.21391.0):
- Added the ability to customize context menu
- Added AV1 codec support into CUDA/QuickSync Video Decoder
- Added pixel shader setting tab into preferences
- Added the ability to view context menu items with their skin CmdIDs- Fixed a problem that caused to malfunction with deleting a bookmark in bookmark editor
- Improved output speed of custom menu
- Some fixes to make the program run faster at startup
- Fixed a problem that no sound while playing some MKV files
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 201021 (1.7.21305.0):
- Added the ability to batch edit time in bookmark editing
- Fixed a problem where color was abnormal when playing HDR HLG video
- Fixed a problem where video capture screen was abnormal when using 10-bit output
- Fixed a problem that CPU usage was high when using LayeredWindow skin
- Fixed an issue that total time was recognized as 0 when playing a specific MKV file
- Fixed a problem that bookmarks were duplicated in certain situations when deleting a bookmark
- Fixed to keep line breaks as much as possible when translating subtitles
- Fixed a problem where output of certain ASS/SSA subtitles was abnormal
- Fixed an issue where playback stopped when searching for certain MOV files
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 200908 (1.7.21289.0):
- Fixed a problem that shortcut keys did not work in certain situations when opening a file
- Fixed a problem that was a little slow to create a thumbnail
- Enhanced 3D/360 format compatibility in mp4 files
- Fixed an issue where Blu-ray folder playback did not start immediately
- Fixed an error when playing certain files
- Edited to support /seek, /sub commands for video shortcuts
- Fixed a flickering problem in certain subtitles
- Fixed a problem where deletion was strange in bookmark editing
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 200730 (1.7.21276.0):
- Added the ability to make shortcuts of main menu work in playlist, bookmark editing, subtitle browser, etc.
- Added the ability to reflect the time displayed on skin according to playback speed
- Added filter function into bookmark editing
- Added the ability to rename font only in ASS/SSA subtitle style processing
- Fixed an issue that could not play due to an error in a specific system
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were duplicated in certain subtitles
- Fixed an issue that did not play certain Dash/HTTP live streaming
- Fixed a slow problem in playing with 10-bit AV1 codec
- Fixed an issue that screen did not appear when playing certain MP4 files
- Fixed an issue where certain SSA/ASS subtitles appeared strangely
Homepage – https://potplayer.daum.net
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 27.1 MB