PotPlayer is a comprehensive freeware video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. Done by the same Korean author as The KMPlayer.
It works w/madVR/HR/EVR and Reclock of course… it’s a much improved/faster version of KMPlayer, including ffdshow and some other stuff to connect to a Korean-only video/chat network.
Plenty of features and rich customization. It gives its users great control over its functions, allowing modification of the video speed, adjusting the audio volume, decrease or increase contrast and brightness.
Also, several skins are available so that users can match the appearance of their video player to the theme of their OS. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.
PotPlayer supports seamless playback (up to 1000 -one thousand – AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MPG files at once, mixed containers are allowed), auto-resume on the last 200 opened files, has fully configurable XML skin files and also a D3D exclusive mode. Other key features include WebCam/ Analog/ Digital TV devices support, gapless video Playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
PotPlayer supports almost every available video formats out there (such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, M2V, MTS, DPG, WebM, AMV or DivX) formats. Also supports a wide range of audio formats (including, but not limited to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A, AAC, RA, FLAC and MOD), and recognizes several playlist formats (like M3U, ASX, PLS, WVX or CUE).
Supports Various Subtitle Formats: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), DVD (Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
More Advanced Features:
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards.
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices such as DVD, TV, HDTV.
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.6.59347 (2016-03-23):
- Fixed a security problem (remediation of damaged file vulnerability)
- Added touch feature for default skin
- Added the ability to scale image caption
- Added vertical options on left side of navigator UI
- Fixed an issue that playlist items can’t be sorted by folder
- Fixed an issue that can’t parse YouTube playlist
- Fixed an issue that can’t play HLS VOD streams
- Fixed an issue that autoplay didn’t work in Windows 10
- Fixed sync issue of built-in DirectSound Audio Renderer
- Fixed an issue that can’t navigate in playlists from certain FTP servers
- Fixed an issue while capturing broadcasting video under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue that can’t play next one with read-only MP3 files
- Fixed an issue that snapped to edge/window in Windows 10 or newer
- Improved ability to handle character set automatically while opening text
- Fixed an issue that caused an error at the end of playback under certain conditions
- Fixed flickering problem of certain animated ASS/SSA subtitles
Homepage – http://potplayer.daum.net
Size: 18.8 MB